• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF APRIL Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
293do5l.jpg

2qwq4wh.jpg

IMG_2847.jpg

Dear content authors of Blu-ray discs,
If I legally purchase a movie as you so constantly demand, why am I punished with 15 ads before my movie? So many ads that it takes more than a minute to skip them all. Why am I being punished for trying to do the right thing? Thanks Touchstone, I'm boycotting all of your products from now on! FYI this is in regards to Pretty Woman, not the Passion. And I'll refuse to do so with any other studios that do this as well. I'm already refusing to buy anything by the Discovery Channel because of their UNSKIPABLE commercials at the beginning of each disc of the When We Left Earth series. Fuck that shit.

AgentOtaku said:

I thought about getting this keyboard but the various reviews said that the build quality was on the cheap side (which really sucks since this keyboard isn't exactly cheap in price). What are your impressions?

Das-J

Law of the West
I just picked up this bad boy from the frame shop last night:
o55fds.jpg

... and this, which is awesome for GAF chat on PS3! :D

21b0yz6.jpg

Gully State said:
I thought about getting this keyboard but the various reviews said that the build quality was on the cheap side (which really sucks since this keyboard isn't exactly cheap in price). What are your impressions?

Well it's really light, which I actually like alot. I previously had a RocketFish Keyboard, and while I liked it's build, I felt it was too heavy and unnecessary, but I got it for free so I couldn't complain.
This feels to the point and the built in mouse pad rather nice as well. Sure there's no L1/R1,etc. but I dont' really browse the web on the PS3, so don't really care. I use it mainly for textchat and it fits the bill perfectly

I already posted the iPhone, so beyond that, this is the final batch for April:

pickups.jpg

I'm not sure about the Hannah Montana game. I've rarely seen the show, but I dig the new movie soundtrack - and the game seems to have a lot of rhythm stuff based around the soundtrack...so I bought it. It might be returned, pending outside impressions...

All that's left for the month are SingStar purchases and games on iTunes.

marwan

Banned
Gully State said:

i have that keyboard and the build quality is extremely poor! it does the job if that's what you want, but for the price i was expecting a better build quality. it feel very light and plasticy. i regret getting it, i wish i bought a regular PC bluetooth keyboard instead.

ravien56

Toy Soldier said:
I already posted the iPhone, so beyond that, this is the final batch for April:

pickups.jpg

I'm not sure about the Hannah Montana game. I've rarely seen the show, but I dig the new movie soundtrack - and the game seems to have a lot of rhythm stuff based around the soundtrack...so I bought it. It might be returned, pending outside impressions...

All that's left for the month are SingStar purchases and games on iTunes.
the fuck? theres a friends game for ps2?

Stalfos

nny said:
I've never seen this movie, but I feel tempted to just because of the amazing title text.
One of my favorite movies of all time. And yeah the text is pretty cool in the newer editions, I'm sure you notice that it reads the same if you turn the case upside down?

nny

Stalfos said:
One of my favorite movies of all time. And yeah the text is pretty cool in the newer editions, I'm sure you notice that it reads the same if you turn the case upside down?

Yes, that's the brilliance of it. I'm definitely going to check this movie soon.

eXistor

I had the Nintendo book thingy forever, but only today found it. You're supposed to look through a red foil and supposedly you can only then see the answers to the games that are in the book. But it works horribly, you can plainly see whatever it is the red dots are supposed to conceal :)

sxc4g4.jpg

JimmyV

Banned
I'll make my first official contribution to this thread. 6-weeks worth of proteiny goodness for the v-diet, starting the Monday after Easter.

IMG_1934.jpg

mh56 said:
the fuck? theres a friends game for ps2?

It's actually the best type of Friends game you could imagine: tons and tons of trivia supported by clips from every season.

Solid for anyone who was even remotely a fan of the show.

Gagaman

Some more bits from Ebay:
sey694.jpg

The Sonic 2 guide book has really cute comic book stories in it. Tails looks like a Chuck Jones character in them! Also Switch even though I can't play it on my Mega CD yet.

Dementia

Foxtastical said:
Some recent pickups. Receiver and some games/vinyl. Already got rid of PoP, though.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v705/grayfox1212/P1000033.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Man, I really like the look of older receivers like that one and how their knobs actually have weight to them and turn smoothly. I wish new ones were made in that style. Nice pickup.

Roxas

First pick ups of the month...

Photo0664.jpg

Rock Band 1 & 2 (even though the instruments havent arrived yet) and Prince of Persia with what must be the most ri-fucking-diculous sticker on the front i have ever seen.

but the most important and biggest pick up of my life...

Photo0651.jpg

born Monday night at 8:27 p.m

Roxas said:
First pick ups of the month...

but the most important and biggest pick up of my life...

Photo0651.jpg

born Monday night at 8:27 p.m

Absolutely gorgeous! Congrats! I had my first last July so the feeling is still fresh. It truly is a life changing moment that nothing can ever equal.

adg1034

Okay. These are, technically, stock pics, but since a) this is SO COOL, and b) I won't actually be able to take a real picture of it for, like, 2 months, since it's on a completely different continent than the one I'm currently on, I'm going to assume that this is all right.

So, what could this mystery item be, you ask? Well, none other than my first tangible 21st birthday present...

sm104.jpg

Measuring more than 17 inches tall, almost a foot deep, and more than 8 inches wide, this polystone statue, part of a limited run of 1,000, depicts everyone's favorite crimefighting animal squad- the anthropomorphic dog and hyperkinetic lagomorph that are Sam & Max: Freelance Police!

Bask in its glory.

sm102.jpg

sm103.jpg

sm105.jpg

I promise a more traditional pick-up post when I actually have it in my possession.

EDIT: And congratulations, Roxas!

jimmbow said:
I'll make my first official contribution to this thread. 6-weeks worth of proteiny goodness for the v-diet, starting the Monday after Easter.

You'll be so big and muscley that you will no longer be able to hit individual keys on your keyboard.

Because you'll have sausage fingers.

jimmbow said:
LOL actually I meant 4 weeks(6 in theory but the hell is 4 weeks)......

Wow. That looks like several months worth of workout supplements. Hope the plan works out for you. If not, human growth hormone...or whatever pro baseball players are using will probably hit the spot.

Congrats on the kid Roxas. Beautiful.

PCeslayer...has the best pickup so far with the PCE and games.

Zertez

jimmbow said:

IMG_1934.jpg
Damn that is like 4 canisters plus a week. Is that the only thing you will have each day or is that on top of food as well?

JimmyV

Banned
Zertez said:
Damn that is like 4 canisters plus a week. Is that the only thing you will have each day or is that on top of food as well?

Nope, thats it. Well I get one solid mean a week. Its kind of like a liquid diet trageted towards athletes. I used to bash it but the positive results others got made me give it a try. I'm getting all my vitamins and minerals and stuff so the only realy issue is the empty feeling my tummy will have.

fossen

photo.jpg

After a few months of no gaming while I sold one house and bought another, I treated myself today. That'll probably be it for April.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom