• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey said:
For some reason, the 360 versions of the MC stuff are more responsive. The fightpad for the PS3 has that battery compartment that gets in the way.

Are you talking about my bulge?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
MarkMan said:
Are you talking about my bulge?

What if I were? Watcha goin do!?

Oh, I bought a lightsaber and one of those treasure island tees for my avatar.

2i1e4k5.jpg

LiK

got this gamescore for 10 min when i was playing Wolverine over the weekend. i took a break and there it was!

44444_card.jpg

statues and figure :3

statue_Cortana.jpg

statue_GG.jpg

statue_BQ_Morr.jpg

T1tan

Neo Member
Paulathon said:
I live in Australia but on the plus side I have a credit card and access to the internet :D

I'm with you buddy. For some of my DS games I just prefer the US release boxes to the PAL ones.

Internet shopping FT[Overpriced]W! :lol

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Kadey said:
What if I were? Watcha goin do!?

You're so confrontational!

I'm just trying to have fun :(

I don't wanna mess with you anymore!

You ain't shit!

I got this lighter in btw.

6169_112872368882_507353882_2288660_924884_n.jpg

I don't smoke, but I like this.

HUELEN10

Ugh, I am fucking pissed. I got a copy of vib ribbon, just returned it BTW, but it basically came down to a case of this...
2v3hcnt.jpg

It was so thick that a ps1 couldn't grip it with those silver balls that lock the disc in place, and it was also useless on my PS2. I payed 20 USD for it, and the seller even said it was sealed. When I contacted him, he was all like "we open sealed items for your protection". Fuck that shit.

Has anyone else had this whole BS center sticker thing happen to them?

G-Fex

IMG00021.jpg

IMG00020.jpg

IMG00019.jpg

Got a quad core that can run Crysis! Fucking awesome game by the way!
crysis.jpg

Got the classics too like Hexen games and Unreal Gold off steam

glaurung

nyprimus2 said:
Pick-Up Post has been lacking. Everyone is saving for the fall/winter onslaught.

Don't worry, I'll be soon posting massive pics of my new apartment, new TV, new games, new movies, new books, new schwag etc.

nyprimus2 said:
Everyone is saving for the fall/winter onslaught.

That's true for me. I've picked up a couple of games in the past two weeks, but for the most part, it's all about the backlog in anticipation of a killer Q4.

glaurung said:
Don't worry, I'll be soon posting massive pics of my new apartment

Hey, congratulations! I hoped to post photos of a new apartment by the end of the month too, as my lease was coming up...buuuut laziness set in, waited too long to get started, so no new place. Depressing, but maybe next year.

To ease my disappointment, I picked up a few crazy items for my den. I found a neat old gaudy table lamp, and had a few new tawdry posters framed. Fun stuff. No pics yet, though GAF doesn't take kindly to my silly den cheese anyway (it's all good, ridicule is part of the game).

Hopefully I'll have pics of a new basketball goal soon, which is exciting. Having no driveway would be an obstacle, but I have a grandmother in town less than two miles away...so bam, instant driveway action. My last goal was destroyed in a storm so I doubt I'll buy anything better than a cheapo with a sand-filled base.

scaffa

P1000261.jpg

Last RPG that I truly finished was FF7 and since then never really completed one, at least what I can remember. Really felt like playing some again but somehow I'm always scared that they are to difficult. I bought Persona 4 and no way in hell I will play that soon, really looks to hardcore.

So picked up DQ4 sometime ago and soon thereafter DQ5, FF3 (last week) and got Chrono Trigger this week. Almost finished FF3 (around 26 hours now) and enjoying it a lot, I still want to pick up FF4 but can't seem to find it for cheap. Started playing Chrono yesterday and damn so far it's great and just got in the future and that stuff looks and sounds depressing. Getting used to the battle system tho, the pacing is quite fast or so it feels at least.

Never played any of these :) I'm ashamed and I got some catching up to do.

Yeah I'm not picking up a lot lately. I think this weekend I'll be getting a $50 points card and I've been itching to get Sacred 2 for a while, but I dunno.

0405 said:
Finally. Did they ever give a reason for the delay between the Xbox release and the PS3 release?

I believe it's because timed exclusivity for xbla games is two weeks. and because mvc2 was part of microsoft's "summer of arcade" then it counted as an exclusive.

sifu

Neo Member
My first post @ NeoGAF :D
I was on vacation in the Philippines visiting my parents for two months. So basically all these goodies arrived between June and August.
Bought these things in the Philippines

Nike Manny Pacquiao Jacket
Front
mp1.jpg

Back
mp2.jpg

A nice Philippine T-Shirt which reminded me of Street Fighter IV (you know the splatters and brushes)
tee.jpg

Well these goodies arrived back @ home in Germany

Terminator 2 Skynet Edition Blu-Ray
T2.jpg

Watchmen Limited Nite Owl Ship Blu-Ray
watchmen.jpg

Some Blu-Rays
Band of Brothers Complete, Final Fantasy VII: Advent Children Complete,
Boondock Saints, The Curious Case of Benjamin Button, Apocalypto
BD.jpg

Samurai Champloo Music
(Impression, Departure, Playlist, Masta, Original Videogame Soundtrack)
sc.jpg

Not pictured:
Some Plexis from arthong from SRK
Sebastian Filmscore from Jerry Goldsmith
PS3 Shatter
PS3 WipEout Fury
Seagate Momentus 7200.3 320GB for the PS3
PC Street Fighter IV

Cheers!

sifu

Neo Member
Yep, saw the anime series and I had to buy the music :lol
Well now I´m looking for Nujabes Solo CDs, which are kinda expensive...

ChryZ

sifu said:
Damn you and this thread. I just hunted down the Samurai Champloo OST set myself. The CDs should be here in a few days :D

HUELEN10 said:
Ugh, I am fucking pissed. I got a copy of vib ribbon, just returned it BTW, but it basically came down to a case of this...
2v3hcnt.jpg

It was so thick that a ps1 couldn't grip it with those silver balls that lock the disc in place, and it was also useless on my PS2. I payed 20 USD for it, and the seller even said it was sealed. When I contacted him, he was all like "we open sealed items for your protection". Fuck that shit.

Has anyone else had this whole BS center sticker thing happen to them?

Actually yes, from a music cd a borrowed from the library (of all places). It fucking annoying, and if you finally get the sticker off the cd is covered in horrible glue...

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
G-Fex said:
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/chaos_zero/IMG00021.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/chaos_zero/IMG00020.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/chaos_zero/IMG00019.jpg[IMG]
Got a quad core that can run Crysis! Fucking awesome game by the way!
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/1003/chaos_zero/crysis.jpg[IMG]

Got the classics too like Hexen games and Unreal Gold off steam[/QUOTE]

What model is that computer?

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
sifu said:

Yeah they're pricey, especially if you buy from online retailers. I had to go through Yahoo Japan auctions to get them for a reasonable price, but now I own every Nujabes album :D

AugustPickup.jpg

Bought these yesterday for $9.99 US each (turned out to be $24.88AU). My original physical retail copy of BG&E's third CD is scratched and buggered. I've also always wanted to play Psychonauts and have been enjoying it so far.

I also bought a second-hand copy of
250px-Kingdom_Hearts_2_NA_Box_art.jpg

photo-1.jpg

photo2-1.jpg

photo3-1.jpg

Man, I went on a little shopping spree this month. On top of those I have coming in the mail:

Mass Effect
Crackdown
Perfect Dark Zero
Dead Space

I'm now a proud owner of all 3 consoles!

sifu said:
I was on vacation in the Philippines visiting my parents for two months. So basically all these goodies arrived between June and August.
Bought these things in the Philippines

Why didn't you buy a PS3slim? D:

sifu

Neo Member
True. I went to beaches but no sign of a PS3 Slim package :lol
They only sold the big one...altough I saw a DVD player which looked like a PS3.
Couldn´t take a picture, had no camera with me

XshadowX said:
ahh ma son

best series ever
edit: and you got BOTH final mixes! you must have a jap ps2/jap bc ps3. enjoy them. dont forget to get the ice keyblade fromt the titan in kh1. and the sephiroth keyblade. and dont forget to enjoy the fight against roxas in kh2

Chorazin

Needed to get a case for my DSi, found this pretty nice one at Gamestop:

f4a1127e.jpg

43451b5c.jpg

Holds the DSi and games nice and tight, magnetic clasp, nice soft interior, well constructed. And only $12!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom