• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chorazin said:
Needed to get a case for my DSi, found this pretty nice one at Gamestop:

f4a1127e.jpg

43451b5c.jpg

Holds the DSi and games nice and tight, magnetic clasp, nice soft interior, well constructed. And only $12!

Great case. I have the same and also a light blue DSi. I dont put games in it though cause im afraid the magnet might mess them up(probably not but just being cautious)

But wtf Gamestop charges $12 for the case? Best buy its only $10

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
G-Fex said:
HP Pavilion p130y

What are the specs on that? I can't find it using google for some reason. What kind of performance are you getting in games? I have a pavilion myself and im thinking of putting a graphics card into it.

Lourio

Heads up, there is no game instruction manual or Capcom Unity points; all you get is a voucher to download the game and a voucher for a free month of digital comics from Marvel.

nyprimus2

Megadrive said:
AugustPickup.jpg

Bought these yesterday for $9.99 US each (turned out to be $24.88AU). My original physical retail copy of BG&E's third CD is scratched and buggered. I've also always wanted to play Psychonauts and have been enjoying it so far.

I also bought a second-hand copy of
250px-Kingdom_Hearts_2_NA_Box_art.jpg
Where are the bancoptors?

Urban Scholar said:
Nice shirts, I would have gone bananas myself. Is that the complete the Wire series? how much was that. Also I take it work is going ok with these pick ups yes? ;)

Yes it is the complete series, and I got it for a little over $80 from Pieceofmind books, a 3rd party seller on Amazon. They actually have another new one listed for less than what I paid for mine. My job still sucks, but luckily I have other ways of making money (and yes, they are legal). These will probably be the last few fun things I buy this month and maybe next though since I have to buy books and shit.

G-Fex

NinjaFridge said:
What are the specs on that? I can't find it using google for some reason. What kind of performance are you getting in games? I have a pavilion myself and im thinking of putting a graphics card into it.

8 GB Ram, 2.7 ghz quad core, 750 gb hdd, HDRadeon 4650 Graphics card put in. I haven't tried running crysis on the high settings though, but this is 10 times better than my old computer.

enewtabie

Chorazin said:
Needed to get a case for my DSi, found this pretty nice one at Gamestop:

f4a1127e.jpg

43451b5c.jpg

Holds the DSi and games nice and tight, magnetic clasp, nice soft interior, well constructed. And only $12!

It's a BDA case and it's great. It's what I use for my DSi. Although, it does attract lint like crazy.

Chorazin

enewtabie said:
It's a BDA case and it's great. It's what I use for my DSi. Although, it does attract lint like crazy.

Yeah, I've been noticing that. Oh well, for how generally awesome it is I'll deal with the lint! I like my cases as simple as possible and this does the trick in spades!

Megadrive said:
AugustPickup.jpg

Bought these yesterday for $9.99 US each (turned out to be $24.88AU). My original physical retail copy of BG&E's third CD is scratched and buggered. I've also always wanted to play Psychonauts and have been enjoying it so far.

I also bought a second-hand copy of
250px-Kingdom_Hearts_2_NA_Box_art.jpg

Oh Junior, we were on such a good streak to. I feel like it's been months.

As for me, not much so far. Got this from Amazon's DOTD awhile back. Not really clicking with me so far but I seem to be getting better. I almost feel like my stylus isn't registering for some of the moves so I'm sticking with the fire pin where I can just spam it all over the screen.

DSCN0468.jpg

PartTimeNinja09

Neo Member
I went to a local garage sale and I got two things at it

Photo_081309_001.jpg

LittleBigPlanet. Perfect condition for $10

Photo_081309_002.jpg

A pair of Adidas Pistol Petes. Worn only once. Got them also for $10.

eXistor

migulic said:
Cool, where did you get that Sonic stuff? (is it in Belgium/the Netherlands? I think the sticker on that points card is from Game Mania :))
That's right I got it from the Game Mania where I work in the Netherlands. I imagine they'd have the same stuff in Belgium.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
neojubei said:
Not sure but its pretty cool. Heard Capcom only made 15,000 of them.

so limited :(

I though they will start doing PSN titles with real disc cases and game voucher like PSP Downloadable games , it's the only way I can buy games for PSN now ( since stupid Playstation store locked my non US Master Card months ago ) and the lack of PSN cards .

:(

neoism

sifu said:
Samurai Champloo Music
(Impression, Departure, Playlist, Masta, Original Videogame Soundtrack)
sc.jpg
52cm1l.jpg
Holy Shit!!!!! Soooo much fucking win in this picture!
Nujabes is my favorite artist! <3 Fat Jon is awesome too.

You should check out these artist also....

ME about 2 months ago...
neoism said:
Shit is not cheap but it is worth it!

Also if you like Nujabes, look in to these artists they're fucking amazing, and on Nujabes' label lol!
Uyama Hiroto

Ex:
Uyama Hiroto - Stratus One of my favorites!
Uyama Hiroto - Walk In The Sunset
Uyama Hiroto - Ribbon In The Sea God this music.... <3<3<3
Buy

Emancipator
dude is fucking awesome!!!!
20081102_emancipator.jpg

Ex:
Emancipator - With Rainy Eyes WOW
Emancipator - Wolf Drawn One of my favorites... <3
Emancipator - Black Lake Unreleased track, hopefully going on his new album!
Emancipator - Shook (Mobb Deep/Sigur Ros) fucking awesome!
Buy
Both are on his Lable.:D

LiK

Totobeni said:
so limited :(

I though they will start doing PSN titles with real disc cases and game voucher like PSP Downloadable games , it's the only way I can buy games for PSN now ( since stupid Playstation store locked my non US Master Card months ago ) and the lack of PSN cards .

:(

i just wish they didn't put that fugly yellow bar on the top where it says it's a voucher. they did the same thing for Patapon 2. just put a sticker on the plastic :|

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
mini discoball for my co worker , she is Jeanine Mason fan ( SYTYCD season 5 winner ) , and she will return to work next week , mini disco ball and I can put chocolate or something inside it , didn't decide what I should put inside the ball , this is one risky stunt from me here :l

3818938636_3884b9346b_o.jpg

new eyeglasses

3818938702_3675eae27e_o.jpg

3818129565_c9fbb00d9f_o.jpg

yeah , look how thick that monster is ..Am I going blind soon ? :(

3818938944_2e848f01de_o.jpg

3818939006_85bd8cf2ab_o.jpg

2nd copy of condemned 2 ( I hate the game btw )
3818129659_b0e009af4e_o.jpg

rare bburago 1:18 Dodge Viper RT10 1992
3818130043_4572faa05f_o.jpg

3818939194_9cc4fefbbf_o.jpg

Yes Boss!

finally got my cabinet. awesome little pick-up, my favorite from the year. hands down, the best purchase I've ever made. just ordering it and dealing with all the customs stuff and port mechanics was a PURE pleasure and completely fascinating..recommended to all, fantastic experience. i'm ordereing a few more ASAP.

at the warehouse near the Arco refinery:

P1010950.jpg

mummified for my personal pleasure:

P1010952.jpg

cabinet as-is in beautiful condition. i'll be heavily modifying it with a new tri-sync monitor and new control panel:

P1010958.jpg

Yes Boss!

_dementia said:
<3 Astro City

Awesome acquisition Yes Boss!

Yeah,

A bit overwhelmed. I'm taking the day off and just admiring the thing and then I'll get cracking on it tomorrow. I already have so many parts for it from the last few months that it will take me some time to digest and install. Suddenly arcade sticks seem secondary.

Gotta say: nothing beats getting a candy cab...the best video game experience I've ever had. The only thing that has come close is my import Super Fami with Pilotwings and F-Zero in the early nineties. Can't wait to hook my Cave stuff up to this.

.hacked

Got 2 cup holders for my Mini:
1039c8g.jpg

2yvv02p.jpg

They are great (welded aluminum and powdercoated), big improvement over the OEM option and is a godsend when two people have drinks in the car.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom