• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caprica12

Neo Member
img00056y.jpg

sifu

Neo Member
neoism said:
52cm1l.jpg
Holy Shit!!!!! Soooo much fucking win in this picture!
Nujabes is my favorite artist! <3 Fat Jon is awesome too.

You should check out these artist also....

ME about 2 months ago...

Both are on his Lable.:D

Thanks for the info. Will check them out. :D

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Yes Boss!

Damn, I've never seen such a white/clean/non yellowed New Astro City before!

Usually the speaker area is the first to go, but your cab is really NICE!

Congrats!

I love the old era Sega cabs (Aero/Astro/New Astro) :D

randomlyrossy said:
Man the US SNES carts are ugly as sin, why are they are so blocky. Is it just in Europe that the carts are lovely and rounded?
The European SNES is based off the Japanese design so (as you can guess) Japan also has the rounded cartridges (back in the days of old Nintendo of America redesigned the looks of the systems to make them look less like toys and more like consumer electronics, ironically the US SNES looked more like a toy...).

nny

randomlyrossy said:
Man the US SNES carts are ugly as sin, why are they are so blocky. Is it just in Europe that the carts are lovely and rounded?

Europe and Japan. And yes, the US console and carts are ugly as sin. :|

Upgraded my GeForce 8800GT OC to a GeForce GTX 275:

gtx275.jpg

Also upgraded my PSU to an OCz ModXStream 700W, but no pic...

Aaaaaaand, bought Samurai 7: The Complete Series on DVD:

sam7.jpg

S. L. said:
NESCollection.jpg
yay!

now i have to figure out how to connect it to my monitor. lol

Awesome! You've inspired me to play through both Chip 'n Dale and Little Nemo at some point this weekend.

Starwolf_UK said:
The European SNES is based off the Japanese design so (as you can guess) Japan also has the rounded cartridges (back in the days of old Nintendo of America redesigned the looks of the systems to make them look less like toys and more like consumer electronics, ironically the US SNES looked more like a toy...).

nny said:
Europe and Japan. And yes, the US console and carts are ugly as sin. :|

Cheers for the info, I'd always wondered about the carts and weird looking console the US got.

2009_08.jpg

NPC games were fuck cheap! 10€ for Pikmin, 12€ for Mario Tennis, 19€ for Pikmin 2. Another Code 25€, those PSP games 5€ each and the DS ones 20€ each...

damn, they hit my sweet spot with all of them :D

Gagaman

Really behind with taking photos of what I've bought (about a month or so's worth) but for now here's what I got yesterday..(as seen in the 20th anniversary of Sega Genesis thread)

s16vyp.jpg

and with my mega drive / master system collection in it..

2bp3zn.jpg
33lgv2t.jpg

2eyuhyc.jpg
idgbj9.jpg

eXistor

That might be the most awesome thing I've seen in a long time!
Also Gagaman: that Sonic statue is in stock on Play-asia.com if you want it sooner.

Gagaman

eXistor said:
That might be the most awesome thing I've seen in a long time!
Also Gagaman: that Sonic statue is in stock on Play-asia.com if you want it sooner.
The shipping to where I am from there would be far too pricey sadly. I pre-ordered it with Forbidden Planet and they did finally send the Sonic vinyl figures last month so with any luck the statue should eventually show up. Apparently I'm in quite a queue.

Falt

Comics from the week.
comcom.jpg

-The Walking Dead, LTTP, I've heard a lot of good things, will be starting it soon.
-Hellblazer: Reasons to be Cheerful, <3 Hellblazer, <3 Carey.
-Halo: Helljumper, Very promising first issue. Looking forward to the next one!

Gagaman said:
Sega rack

Lost for words. That's amazing!

Gagaman said:
Really behind with taking photos of what I've bought (about a month or so's worth) but for now here's what I got yesterday..(as seen in the 20th anniversary of Sega Genesis thread)

s16vyp.jpg

and with my mega drive / master system collection in it..

2bp3zn.jpg
33lgv2t.jpg

2eyuhyc.jpg
idgbj9.jpg

where did you get that shelving from - link?

Gagaman

shaolin242 said:
where did you get that shelving from - link?
I found it on Ebay one morning with 30 minutes to go. It was from a indie game shop that has been going for years, they said they paid £600 for it back when the Mega Drive was their best selling system. It was over 200 miles away to pick up but my dad does a delivery job all over the country so he got permission to pick it up when he was near that way. :D

botkiller

I've been holding off until I got my new camera before taking more pictures, so some of these are from last month:

20090814-1u915s9cm8bbd7uuwa35e8sd74.jpg

Movie tickets to some of the best films I've seen this year and an admission ticket to Kennedy Space Center.

20090814-e3yt6ta2aq7gunnqm3hisn97ut.jpg

Some new Blu-Rays

20090814-m762ucupf6epy4kqj43tcjay3w.jpg

New camera! No more shitty cell phone pics.

I have a bunch more coming, but I couldn't wait any longer.

Chorazin

900c6edf.jpg

I played about 80 hours of Pokemon Pearl when it came out, and since I got my DSi I've been feeling the urge to show people my pokeymanz, so I figured what the hell.

Personal Trainer Walking is to track all the walking I do during the day that my Nike+/iPhone 3GS doesn't catch, and try to work on increasing that as well. Seemed WAY easier than keeping a spreadsheet or something!

zmet

PC Engine console with "The Kung Fu" (China Warrior) used but complete:
au6.jpg

I ordered an AV Booster for it too, and that should be here tomorrow (the earliest) or Monday.

eXistor

Got me my first (and probably last) arcade stick, courtesy of Gaf's own Kuran. I also got Wizardry and the Gyakuten Saiban artbooks off of him. Thanks dude!

DSC00357.jpg

Not pictured: Trials HD for XBLA, NyxQuest for Wiiware, component cable for PSP.

Gagaman

zmet said:
PC Engine console with "The Kung Fu" (China Warrior) used but complete:
au6.jpg

I ordered an AV Booster for it too, and that should be here tomorrow (the earliest) or Monday.
Enjoy China Warrior! :lol
(but seriously, the PC Engine has a ton of great games, I'd like to grab one myself one of these days).

^ Whoa, that's an awesome deal for one of the absolute best games of the year.

It'll live up to the hype, especially at that price. It'd be crazy to pass on it at ~$10.

eXistor said:
Got me my first (and probably last) arcade stick, courtesy of Gaf's own Kuran. I also got Wizardry and the Gyakuten Saiban artbooks off of him. Thanks dude!

DSC00357.jpg

Not pictured: Trials HD for XBLA, NyxQuest for Wiiware, component cable for PSP.
ah, VSHG <3

HUELEN10

GAF, an auction for something I want so badly closes in about 3 minutes, please wish me luck. I so want to post it on this thread! :D

HUELEN10

I know for a fact that no less than 5 of you wished me well.
2lar2fb.png

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290338629354
I will take a ton more pictures when it arrives at my door! You guys have absolutely no idea how happy I am, as this is something I have wanted since I was 11 and now, a decade later, I finally have it! This beautiful instrument means a lot to me, and I can't wait to play it. Dreams do come true! *sniff* :)

Desiato

HUELEN10 said:
I know for a fact that no less than 5 of you wished me well.
2lar2fb.png

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=290338629354
I will take a ton more pictures when it arrives at my door! You guys have absolutely no idea how happy I am, as this is something I have wanted since I was 11 and now, a decade later, I finally have it! This beautiful instrument means a lot to me, and I can't wait to play it. Dreams do come true! *sniff* :)
Ooh, a gitboard. Nice.

HUELEN10

Desiato said:
Ooh, a gitboard. Nice.
Gitboard? First I've ever heard of that term. Round these parts we call them either Keyboard Guitars or Keytars. BTW, thanks! :) I'm downloading the manual ATM, as I truly want to make the most of it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom