• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
UGH, if you live in California can I come and hang out with you?

Liam92

Banned
15082009033.jpg

I love this game, and WM+. But boy oh boy does it make your arms sore.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
nyprimus2 said:
Pick-Up Post has been lacking. Everyone is saving for the fall/winter onslaught.

UFC101 ticket=$330
X series walkman=$300
Two TE sticks=$300

Without counting anything else. Yep, I'm definitely saving money. And so are people whom bought dozens of games, arcade cabinet and systems in this month. We're all saving!

nny

Gagaman said:
Really behind with taking photos of what I've bought (about a month or so's worth) but for now here's what I got yesterday..(as seen in the 20th anniversary of Sega Genesis thread)

holy mother of Sega...beautiful.

Tml Matus

Banned
Gagaman said:
Really behind with taking photos of what I've bought (about a month or so's worth) but for now here's what I got yesterday..(as seen in the 20th anniversary of Sega Genesis thread)

and with my mega drive / master system collection in it..

2eyuhyc.jpg
idgbj9.jpg

wow, now that's a pick up.

CenLX615

Neo Member
33k9ixl.jpg

Just got those wisdom teeth out like an hour ago, so I'm still bleeding like hell T.T
The 4th tooth was drilled and they're doing tests since there was a cyst =/

28vbpf5.jpg

Got that like a week or 2 ago, switched the buttons immediately and now I'm just waiting for the JLF to come from the post office.
Afterwards, I'll probably try to install the cthulhu mod or whatnot.

Desiato

HUELEN10 said:
Gitboard? First I've ever heard of that term. Round these parts we call them either Keyboard Guitars or Keytars. BTW, thanks! :) I'm downloading the manual ATM, as I truly want to make the most of it!
I don't really call them that. It was supposed to be a Flight of the Conchords reference. You really need to watch Flight of the Conchords.

Label

The Amiga Brotherhood
My fucker of a 8800GTX blew up so I got myself a new card..
newcardbox.jpg

newcardandoldcard.jpg

I also picked up Strider 1 & 2!
Strider.jpg

Also bought Shatter and Trash Panic on the PSN.

JEKKI

I haz ice cream!!!

but I already ate it... no pics :(

212a70p.jpg

iphone camera ftw!! seriously... I want my old cell phone back!! :(

insggm.jpg

oh no! my friend is trapped inside the game!!

14eawrn.jpg

I always wanted the Hong Kong colorway! but I wanted bapestas, not roadstas but o well...

34xktbc.jpg

yay! another free bag! as if I dont have enough of them already -_-

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Today's grab:

SF4 TE PS3 stick ($90 from Fry's one day only sale)
Fight Night Round 4 (Free from EA)

33cn5na.jpg

A DVD history of DJ Krush's career:
IMG_0385.jpg

A replacement copy of the most artistically beautiful electronic album ever:
IMG_0386.jpg

And a $150 controller:
IMG_0383.jpg

couldn't find these for my life at launch, so i eventually gave up. but then i heard fry's was selling them for $90 one day only, so i finally pulled the trigger. good thing i waited. :eek:
IMG_0004.jpg

IMG_0005.jpg

this thing is awesooomee

WEGGLES

botkiller said:
20090814-m762ucupf6epy4kqj43tcjay3w.jpg

New camera! No more shitty cell phone pics.

I have a bunch more coming, but I couldn't wait any longer.
I just got a Rebel XS as well. waiting on the battery to charge. (Well. I had one since june, but got a new one today. Old one was giving me an Err 99 so exchanged for a new one)

IMG_0002.jpg

New shelves for my records (Identical one holding old records not shown :S)

IMG_0003.jpg

Sonic shirt 8)

IMG_0005.jpg

Records bought on vacation woo

IMG_0006.jpg

Netto-kun

Might pick up Another Code Wii and some random mangas if I travel to the city this coming week (and finally get to apply for my Japanese visa). And hopefully I'll recieve Metroid Prime Trilogy by the end of this month. :D

SSL21478.jpg

augpickup1.jpg

Next two books in the series, though I haven't finished the first... lol.

augpickup2.jpg

Finally replaced my 6 1/2 year old wireless router with a 1Tb Time Capsule; sooo amazing!

augpickup3.jpg

I wish I could say this was mine. Wife got a 13.3" Macbook Pro for school. Looks quite nice on that desk I got her last month :D

Neo Samus

Totobeni said:
rare bburago 1:18 Dodge Viper RT10 1992
3818130043_4572faa05f_o.jpg

3818939194_9cc4fefbbf_o.jpg

So How Rare are we talking here? I got one as a christmas gift when I was 10 (1993) and if it is worth a lot I will be kicking myself for playing with it so much as kid. :(

suikodan

Got a few things:
P1010003.jpg

1400 pts: Getting ready for Shadow Complex

Viva Pinata and Banjo-Kazooie were packed with a controller for 80$. I sold the controller for 40$ so it's like I paid 20$ for each game. Take that, Games on Demand with a price of 40$ for VP: TiT!

Battlefield and Mirror's Edge were 20$ each. I looove buying games at that price!!!

Also had this cute little guy preordered since last november. Finally arrived on the 4th, we're so happy. :D
P1050184.jpg

Bluth54

CenLX615 said:
Just got those wisdom teeth out like an hour ago, so I'm still bleeding like hell T.T
The 4th tooth was drilled and they're doing tests since there was a cyst =/
You got to keep your wisdom teeth? They wouldn't let me have mine which made me pretty unhappy.

WEGGLES

suikodan said:
Got a few things:
http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab12/suikodan/P1010003.jpg

1400 pts: Getting ready for Shadow Complex

Viva Pinata and Banjo-Kazooie were packed with a controller for 80$. I sold the controller for 40$ so it's like I paid 20$ for each game. Take that, Games on Demand with a price of 40$ for VP: TiT!

Battlefield and Mirror's Edge were 20$ each. I looove buying games at that price!!!

Also had this cute little guy preordered since last november. Finally arrived on the 4th, we're so happy. :D
http://i845.photobucket.com/albums/ab12/suikodan/P1050184.jpg
1400 point card? You must be a fellow canuck, then? :p

WEGGLES

LethaL ImpuLse said:
Awesome pickups. That Mono album is mindfuck amazing.
Oh for sure. EASY contender for Album of the year.

Every year. hahah

I wasn't too keen on Mono. I mean I love post-rock, but found them to be nothing all that special, and gave them one last go with Hymn to the Immortal Wind. Glad. I. Did. It's amazing. Love the added touch of coloured vinyl, one opaque teal, one clear teal. And a card for each song. Nice little touch. And only $12 :). (And then Master of Puppets is re-released and is $30 for it on vinyl wat)

jergrah

New GI, Halo:Helljumper Comic and Madden with the cover the way it should be! :)

xqvi.jpg

Finally printed, framed and hung this awesome ICO painting <sorry for bad lighting + camera phone quality>

57h.jpg

4sa.jpg

D

Deleted member 57681

Unconfirmed Member
WEGGLES said:
Nice, some of the best albums ever created lying on that floor - that Silver Mt. Zion-record just can't be from this planet :D

Ecto311

Bluth54 said:
You got to keep your wisdom teeth? They wouldn't let me have mine which made me pretty unhappy.

They let me have mine in a little envelope with some cotton. Even the one on the lower left that they had to shatter to get out.

LaserBuddha said:
A DVD history of DJ Krush's career:
IMG_0385.jpg

A replacement copy of the most artistically beautiful electronic album ever:
IMG_0386.jpg

Krush is amazing. and hes a cool looking dude. i love when he teams up with shadow as well.

This Bionary Universe - that first song is just so beautiful. although i think IMA was his cleanest album, and ESCM his best (2 disc version with blue skies), i agree with you TBU is just so beautiful to listen too..almost like a soundtrack.

Ettenra said:
Good books, lots of detail. Recommend you not stop for any significant length of time...there's much to forget lol.
lol well said. i cant beleive robert jordan died before he finished the series.

i think the series loses its way about after book 8....since then however jordan was going down and feist just got better and better

Picked up nice shell Katana Shell Replacement for Wii
Also Signed up for AT&T, Quit T-Mobile (shitty service) got Iphone 3g Refurbished for 40 dollars, waved my activation fee, Phone was actually brand new!
SANY0014.jpg

Amazon.com Pick up
Love the Turtles, had to get this cam got it for 99 during the gold box sale. HD Quality, but Sucky Zoom....

SANY0013.jpg

Little Tokyo Pick up
Went to Little Tokyo LA during Nisse week, got OP stuff. Love the Wall Scroll
SANY0009.jpg

SANY0012.jpg

xclaw

Aug01.jpg

Picked up a couple "gems" from Rogers Video tonight, nice 30% off sale going on right now. Gotta keep the collections growing. :D

Aug02.jpg

I caved into the desire to actually own a copy of this game.... so many great memories from the arcades when they existed around here with this one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom