• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bii

Spent a total of $20 in the App Store.

3827279151_f5600fa405_o.png

Siberian Strike. $0.99.
Its become one of my favorite vertical shooters on the iPhone. I dislike the screen extending outside of the viewing area since enemies can appear on the lower screen. You don't see them coming from that area unless you're already "hugging the wall". I've taken a lot of damage because of that.
Zenonia. $2.99.
Dropship. Free.
Knights Onrush. $0.99.
TowerMadness: 3D Tower Defense. Free.
MEVO & The Grooveriders. Free.
Metal Gear Solid Touch. $2.99.
Grabbed this before it jumps back to $8.
Parachute Panic. $0.99.
I love the charm of this game. Definitely worth it for a buck.
DOOM Resurrection. $2.99.
Asphalt 4: Elite Racing. $0.99.
Figured I don't have any racing games for my iPhone and this'll be my first. Here's hoping that it's decent.
Space Invaders Infinity Gene. $4.99.
Paper Toss: World Tour. $0.99.
Got all the way to the baseball stadium and I'm getting pwned. I was able to make two in a row but totally butchered the third shot. I've been trying to get three in a row for the past few days to no avail. Guess I'll be trying it for a long time.
Let's Golf. $0.99.

3827279357_841c11939f_o.jpg

Florida Ricordea. Corallimorpharia. $35. Approx. 1".
After successfully adding a dozen inverts and three fish over the past few weeks, I've been itching to add my first coral. Technically not a coral but an anenome, I bought one polyp of a Florida Ricordea from my local fish store. I'm hoping it'll sprout into a few more polyps in the next couple of months. As you can see in the picture, it's already bloomed and seems to love my lighting. Just to be on the safe side I've pushed my lighting fixture back a bit so that it isn't so intense. Eventually, I'll move it back and position the ricordea on a rock. Looking at my picture again, I need to do a water change and shorten my light cycle to reduce the diatoms (that brown crap on the sand).

enewtabie

Picked up $40 worth of PSN cards for some future things.
I also went ahead and got the DLC for Red Faction and it's pretty good so far.:D

020.jpg

021.jpg

randomlyrossy said:
I gave it a listen on Last.fm and rather enjoyed it. There's not much to it but it's very relaxed and mellow, if you're into that sorta thing I reckon you will like it.

This shows it to be more than you may think. It builds and builds and then at about 6 1/2 minutes in it explodes into a bombastic orchestral piece that is one of the most epic songs I've heard.

Ecto311 said:
What if I enjoy the music a bit but despise his fans?

I haven't listened to much of his later work, but this album sounds nothing like his other work and I don't really like his other (older) stuff.

LaserBuddha said:
I haven't listened to much of his later work, but this album sounds nothing like his other work and I don't really like his other (older) stuff.

how can you not like IMA and ESCM? theyre his best work im not kidding....ESCM is just beautiful....hes maturing as an artist for sure....but ESCM is less soundtracky.

but yes This Binary Universe is beautiful - i didnt know what to expect when i bought it years ago but the first and last track one me over.

Hey All,

Long time lurker, just recently approved on NeoGAF, so I thought i'd post some recent pick-ups. This thread is so badass. Without further ado...

3828653911_13f7132358_b.jpg

Olympus EP-1

Perfect for going from point and shoot to SLR. All of these photos were taken with this baby. Gotta forgive me though, i'm just getting the hang of it. Absolutely love the design of this thing, looks super nice in person. Words can't express how happy I am with this thing.

3829456940_fb788be62a_b.jpg

Chrono Trigger, Nintendo DSi & Soft Case

I've long regretted selling my old Black Onyx DSLite, but with all of these awesome DS games already out, Scribblenauts on the way, FREE Flipnote Studio and everything i've heard about Chrono Trigger (having only rented it and not finished it as a young lad), it is about damn time I jumped back in. Love this thing.

3828654991_6c2e5cdb00_b.jpg

Fightstick TE

Holy shit. This thing is mental. Going to dual-mod it and get some custom artwork on this thing SOON. The legendary Markman and team deserve all the props in the world for bringing this into fruition.

3829455556_633d12d630_b.jpg

Blazblue

To accompany SFIV, what a sick fighter.

3828655701_5421c61a3a_b.jpg

Amadeus, Watchmen

Great movies.

3828654667_ddc3f6979d_b.jpg

Mr. Oizo - Lamb's Anger, Pinon Wildcrafted Incense, El Grupo Nuevo de Omar Rodriguez-Lopez - Cryptomnesia, Dr. Dre - The Chronic, A Tribe Called Quest - Anthology, Tiga - Ciao

All really good music, had some of it but wanted it in WAV. Got these in anticipation of my new high-end earphones from Sennheiser., the IE8. I'll post picks when I receive them.

And last but not least...

3828657083_de25036884_b.jpg

A Playmobil Bandit

I have a weird obsession growing for these things. So dope. Just going to overrun my desk with these things.

Not Pictured:Marvel VS Capcom 2, Pixeljunk Monsters, Shatter, 16GB & 4GB SDHC cards for the new camera and DSi respectively, Tripod and soft camera case. All of these would probably make for boring photos.

Thanks for looking people.

TheKurgan

Added to my 360 backlog this month. So many good games I haven't played yet. Already Finished Dead Space and Portal (both great)... The HD555 are well worth it if you do any late night gaming and don't want to wake the wife/kids.

3829262643_3374b8f1e3_b.jpg

Also bought Fat Princess and Trash Panic on PSN. Hoping to add Red Faction and/or inFamous before month end.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
So since I've started lurking Gaf I've made an upgrade to my Metal Gears so here's a taste:

Epic post!

4 Detolf Display Cases:
28jbq8.jpg

MGS: VR Missions (Sealed) and MGS German Pilot disc:
hv52ye.jpg

MGS2: PP, MGS2 Konami Palace Selection, MGS2 The Best:
qn3gpk.jpg

MGS3: Shareholders Edition:
ielf82.jpg

MGS3: Konami Palace Selection, Calorie Mate, MGS3 Amazon Trailer:
uc36x.jpg

MGS: Essential Collection (US version, sealed):
2d7bm9i.jpg

MGS: Essential Collection (Canadian version):
2rzrqyq.jpg

MGS4 (PAL Promo), MGS4: LE (NTSCJ, sealed), MGS4: LE (NTSC U/C, sealed):
13yq7v6.jpg

MGAC!D sticker:
5p4c9l.jpg

MGS Saga discs with Beta code, MGS4 pre-launch pamphlets:
j13dlf.jpg

20th Ann. Kubricks Series 1, Croc Kubrick from Extreme Box, Cold War Kubrick, Digital Squares Kubrick, Ga-Ko alarm clock:
2rh309t.jpg

Sweet Snake Figumates:
10qymwp.jpg

MGS4 Hagane PS3:
24gn390.jpg

Policenauts and Policenauts: Private Collection:
2vhuemb.jpg

Zone of the Enders Premium Package (sealed):
25f0sqc.jpg

Anubis KonamiStyle Premium Package:
2ng51zq.jpg

Uniqlo shirts:
11mezqh.jpg

x5a8vk.jpg

KonamiStyle shirts:
162yc7.jpg

MGS2 Display Standee:
2nssuj9.jpg

Sigh. More on the way:D

Zeke

Liquidus said:
So since I've started lurking Gaf I've made an upgrade to my Metal Gears so here's a taste:

Epic post!

4 Detolf Display Cases:
metalgearawesome.jpg

Sigh. More on the way:D
I hate you so much

Zeke

Bii said:
3827279357_841c11939f_o.jpg

Florida Ricordea. Corallimorpharia. $35. Approx. 1".
After successfully adding a dozen inverts and three fish over the past few weeks, I've been itching to add my first coral. Technically not a coral but an anenome, I bought one polyp of a Florida Ricordea from my local fish store. I'm hoping it'll sprout into a few more polyps in the next couple of months. As you can see in the picture, it's already bloomed and seems to love my lighting. Just to be on the safe side I've pushed my lighting fixture back a bit so that it isn't so intense. Eventually, I'll move it back and position the ricordea on a rock. Looking at my picture again, I need to do a water change and shorten my light cycle to reduce the diatoms (that brown crap on the sand).
can you post some full tank shots? How big is your setup?

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Thanks. In all honesty it's been a lot of years in the making to get some of this stuff (Anubis Premium Package) but I still need a lot more in order to move onto the Medicom RAH figures.

I want to get the Metal Gear Solid Premium Package Shareholders Edition but it's $1500 (new/sealed) so I'm saving up for that now.

Here are my August pick-ups:

"YGB" shirt:
33bobki.jpg

"A Simple Plan":
ao28ux.jpg

"Bye Bye Apocalypse":
2lxc7ip.jpg

"Butterflies in the Attic":
2u9jxbs.jpg

All the shirts are from Threadless.com for anyone that cares.

:O some of those threadless T-shirts are awesome, must check if they post to the UK.

Edit: well they do but wont mark down the package value so ill have to pay stupid amounts for customs chargers :(

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Johnlenham said:
:O some of those threadless T-shirts are awesome, must check if they post to the UK

They ship to pretty much anywhere in the world. The t's are mostly printed on American Apparel and they feel pretty good. I know that it's $9US S&H for up to 2 shirts to Canada and $15US for 3 or more.

Johnlenham said:
Edit: well they do but wont mark down the package value so ill have to pay stupid amounts for customs chargers :(

So far I've bought 8 shirts from them and I haven't payed any Customs charges even though the full value is printed on the shipping label. I think it depends on the item being sent, I always get fucked over on importing games but I haven't gotten hit for any clothes so check your local laws.

Donos

not game related, just a new Shimano Deore XT RD-M772-GS Shadow Rear Derailleur and two KMC Missing Link for my mountainbike
359epaa.jpg

and holy shit at the MGS collection. What would you guess is the value of the whole package?

LiK

i wonder if he has the MGS4 TGS press kit? i do! :) and he's missing the MGS2 kubricks! :O

SnowWolf, if he doesn't want it, i'll take it!

Tonza

No pics but here's the stuff I've picked-up:

Shatter
Ninja Blade
4200 points for some XBLA goodness. (probably Shadow Complex, Splosion Man, Monkey Island and Braid) sold Prototype for this. :lol

Preorders for:

Uncharted 2
Brutal Legend (360)
Assassin's Creed 2 (360)
Batman Arkham Asylum (PS3)

Total cost around 90 euros. Not too shabby. I will probably preorder Dragon Age when I pick up Batman. (will trade in Guitar Hero 3 and probably either Ninja Blade or Assassin's Creed)

EDIT: Oh and I picked up Logitech Z-5500 speakers. Here's bad quality pics (iPhone) of them and my gaming setup. (also you can almost see my whole apartment which is kinda small but perfect for a student like me)

o5dp1l.jpg

9aa1d4.jpg

Awesome post Liquidus.

Some day, I'd love to post all of my MGS stuff, but I just don't have the room for it. :p

Also, I'm still looking for a way to get the PAL copy of MGS4 - I was hoping someone from Gaf would be able to help, as I'd rather not go the ebay route.

And I love all of my MGS4 shirts (both the Uniqlo and Konamistyle ones) as they're truly unique and I wear them all the time.

LiK

Auron_Kale said:
Awesome post Liquidus.

Some day, I'd love to post all of my MGS stuff, but I just don't have the room for it. :p

Also, I'm still looking for a way to get the PAL copy of MGS4 - I was hoping someone from Gaf would be able to help, as I'd rather not go the ebay route.

And I love all of my MGS4 shirts (both the Uniqlo and Konamistyle ones) as they're truly unique and I wear them all the time.

wasn't there a MGS swag thread somewhere? i was gonna post there but i think the thread is way buried by now.

btw Liquidus, there's a camo version of Solid Snake from the Konami collection as well.

LiK said:
wasn't there a MGS swag thread somewhere? i was gonna post there but i think the thread is way buried by now.

I posted some of my pics in there - but my collection has grown since then. I have, however, posted a bunch of my stuff through the pick-up posts and all of my mgs4 shirts are in the gaming apparel thread.

LiK

Auron_Kale said:
I posted some of my pics in there - but my collection has grown since then. I have, however, posted a bunch of my stuff through the pick-up posts and all of my mgs4 shirts are in the gaming apparel thread.

i guess i'll try searching for the MGS thread later so i can post all my MGS stuff too. maybe someone else can resurrect it if they can find it, hee

i kinda wanna show off my MGS kubrick collection. i'm only missing the camo Solid Snake from the 20th ann collection. but other than that, i have every single one including all the chase figures and the extra rare Olive Drab MGS3 one that was only for shareholders :D

Nell13

Neo Member
Some more stuff - It's been my birthday since my last post so there's a few more bits and bobs:

New everyday dress

pickups002.jpg

Couple of new tops for work

pickups004.jpg
pickups003.jpg

New shoes

pickups006.jpg

Dress to go with the shoes (for a friends wedding)

pickups001.jpg

My boss has just come back from New York and she bought me some stuff frm Minamoto Kitchoan

pickups007.jpg

My friend bought me a 3D rabbit tin :) (I love making cakes)

pickups008.jpg

And my fiance bought me a necklace and some doughnut ear rings :)

pickups010.jpg
pickups011.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
ebxDuVZZq.jpg

My third Sony HDTV <3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom