• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF AUGUST Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

topofuji

Banned
Liquidus wins post of the month! Wow!!! It's depressing that I shouldn't even try equaling your MGS collection as some of those items were in incredibly low print and are pretty much impossible to score right now, such as the store display.

By the way guys, where's a good place to buy old game store displays/light signs (besides being at the right place, right time on Ebay?)

Jason

august09pickup4.jpg

Moyashimon DS LE
<3

august09pickup5.jpg

Marvel vs. Capcom 2

august09pickup6.jpg

Optimus Prime 25th Anniversary Pack
Only $30!

august09pickup7.jpg

august09pickup8.jpg

Astro Fighter Sunred Vol. 4 + Makoto Kubota autograph/sketch and some dude's name lol

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
topofuji said:
Liquidus wins post of the month! Wow!!! It's depressing that I shouldn't even try equaling your MGS collection as some of those items were in incredibly low print and are pretty much impossible to score right now, such as the store display.

By the way guys, where's a good place to buy old game store displays/light signs (besides being at the right place, right time on Ebay?)

Pretty much that but you should try checking Yahoo Japan, it's an auction site similar to eBay and they have a lot of cool stuff on there. The Anubis KonamiStyle Premium Package was actually the hardest thing to find for me so far as only 2500 were made and I wanted one in sealed condition. I managed to get one for $240 with shipping and the game, soundtrack, art book, and 3-D statue were all sealed and it included all the inserts:D

gibration said:
Where can I get these?

The Uniqlo one can still be found on eBay for good prices while the KonamiStyle ones are sold out and very hard to find. I recommend eBay and Yahoo Japan. Note that eBay has a lot of bootlegs from Hong Kong so be wary.

Anyways after 10 days of work I decided to take a break and went to my local Futureshop and Walmart to get some stress relief:

2vmuah1.jpg

6olpx0.jpg

Love the Mill St. Seasonal Sampler, it's 6 different beers from a Toronto brewery. Also got some Sobieski smokes from Poland, nom nom.
91kvh3.jpg

marwan

Banned
i bought tickets for the wife and kids to go to Mauritius for a week! :)

the resort was beyond beautiful, it was so relaxing and filled with activities, hope you like the pics, most pics were taken with the Nokia N86 and Sony Cybershot W300...i'll dedicated a more detailed thread in the off topic section discussing my unforgettable experience, but for now, here is my live purchase! :)

DSC00968.jpg

DSC00826.jpg

that's me and my twin daughters, yep, that's the mysterious neogaf marwan :)
DSC00951.jpg

DSC01337.jpg

DSC00837.jpg

DSC00877.jpg

our private villas, literally facing the beach the beach...a 10m walk to the shore :)
DSC00881.jpg

me, chillaxin'
DSC00900.jpg

DSC00911.jpg

DSC00918.jpg

DSC00922.jpg

DSC01219.jpg

DSC01334.jpg

DSC01180.jpg

that's it for now, i hope you enjoyed the pictures.

Yes Boss!

marwan said:
that's me and my twin daughters, yep, that's the mysterious neogaf marwan :)
DSC00951.jpg

Super cute! I'm an identical twin and I would not trade it for anything. It is a special privilege to be a twin.

Btw, I've never been to Mauritius. My parents never took us to any of the small island countries for some reason (additionally, Hawaii is the only state I've never been to). It is one of the few gaps I've had in my long exhaustive list of countries I've either lived in or traveled to so, as an adult, I'm gonna have to hit up all these countries eventually.

LiK

Yes Boss! said:
Super cute! I'm an identical twin and I would not trade it for anything. It is a special privilege to be a twin.

Btw, I've never been to Mauritius. My parents never took us to any of the small island countries for some reason (additionally, Hawaii is the only state I've never been to). It is one of the few gaps I've had in my long exhaustive list of countries I've either lived in or traveled to so, as an adult, I'm gonna have to hit up all these countries eventually.

really, does your twin post on GAF as well?

marwan

Banned
LiK said:
marwan, that looks like fun. you're older than i thought. ;) props to ya and your adorable kids. :)

thanks man ;) heheheheh though most people mistake me for a lot younger, but i guess it depends on the facial air. (as opposed to the other pic)

LiK

marwan said:
thanks man ;) heheheheh though most people mistake me for a lot younger, but i guess it depends on the facial air. (as opposed to the other pic)

actually, now i understand how you can afford your badass car. if you were younger, i would kill you. :p

Yes Boss!

LiK said:
really, does your twin post on GAF as well?

Yeah, he does. But he is mostly a lurker. He got an account here a long time before me since he was part of the 1up crew. He used to pop in on a lot of the Ziff Davis-related threads but now that the company has basically dissolved (what's left really is nothing, despite what it might seem) I've not seen him post since the beginning of this year.

marwan

Banned
Yes Boss! said:

the bond between parents and twins is magical. it's a god blessing.

you need to travel to more exotic countries islands bro, you're missing out, go with friends....heck even a lone you'd have a blast!

trust me, going to those exotic places is an unforgettable experience for life! i was reluctant to go, till the wife gave me a push, the weather is mauritius is gorgeous, 22-27c(appx 75F) and sunny, as opposed to the UAE which was 40c(104F), which was also an incentive to escape the heat.

LiK

Yes Boss! said:
Yeah, he does. But he is mostly a lurker. He got an account here a long time before me since he was part of the 1up crew. He used to pop in on a lot of the Ziff Davis-related threads but now that the company has basically dissolved (what's left really is nothing, despite what it might seem) I've not seen him post since the beginning of this year.

ohh, cool.

marwan

Banned
Yes Boss! said:

like you said i read mostly, previously i've been on xengamers and TNL(yuck!)

marwan

Banned
lemme say this again, the water was so crystal clean you can literally see the sand pebbles! fascinating! my next trip has got to be the Maldives or Sychelle.

I'm dolphin swimming tomorrow, and the day after i'll get into those single submarined where you cruise around under water individually :) i'll try to squeeze in some parachuting, but i doubt it since i booked for a 3 hour relaxation spa for 2 days in a row.

LiK

marwan said:
lemme say this again, the water was so crystal clean you can literally see the sand pebbles! fascinating! my next trip has got to be the Maldives or Sychelle.

I'm dolphin swimming tomorrow, and the day after i'll get into those single submarined where you cruise around under water individually :) i'll try to squeeze in some parachuting, but i doubt it since i booked for a 3 hour relaxation spa for 2 days in a row.

you mean this? :p

dolphin-humping.gif

bigosc2k

Banned
My first pick-up of the month of August, I can't believe I went this long in the month without buying a game.

DSC00526.jpg

DSC00524.jpg

DSC00517.jpg

Don't mind my desk, its always a mess

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
marwan said:
yes boss rings a bell....not me. i was....simply "marwan" :)

[sarcasm]TNL loved me[/sarcasm]

Wait, what? Maybe it's just my English skills failing me, but I don't understand what you're saying.

marwan

Banned
Kilrogg said:
Wait, what? Maybe it's just my English skills failing me, but I don't understand what you're saying.

there was a guy on TNL(the next level) called yes boss if i recall correctly, i just though you miss took me for him....sorry for misunderstanding.

bigosc2k said:
My first pick-up of the month of August, I can't believe I went this long in the month without buying a game.

Don't mind my desk, its always a mess
SWEET JESUS!

Please clean up the area and get rid of that disgusting ring of filth surrounding the TV's power button! D:

Kilrogg

paid requisite penance
marwan said:
there was a guy on TNL(the next level) called yes boss if i recall correctly, i just though you miss took me for him....sorry for misunderstanding.

It's alright, dude. Just thought for a second that you were Yes Boss!'s lurker twin brother.

Yes Boss!

Kilrogg said:
It's alright, dude. Just thought for a second that you were Yes Boss!'s lurker twin brother.

Nah, the thread just had a strange hiccup because Lik and I were talking about my twin brother and Marwan was talking about his twin daughters.

Jason

Chorazin said:
I HATE when people take pics of cool looking Japanese import stuff, but they only take a shot of the OUTSIDE.

Open it up, take shots of what's inside!

Don't hit me. :(

DSC00735.JPG

Game
Cell phone strap
Card Game
DS Lite/i case

Liquidus said:
Love the Mill St. Seasonal Sampler, it's 6 different beers from a Toronto brewery.

I picked one up last week from the LCBO, not too shabbs except the Belgian Wit tastes like ass! The best by far was the Tankhouse though. But if you live in Ontario, why mess with the rest when Creemore is so easy to get (god I love Creemore)

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
Hmm, I've never seen Creemore but I'll keep an eye out for it. Personally the only beer I don't like out of the Sampler is the Coffee Porter (I don't drink coffee).

The OCB Discovery Pack No. 2 is pretty good too if you haven't tried it.

LiK said:
i wonder if he has the MGS4 TGS press kit? i do! :) and he's missing the MGS2 kubricks! :O

SnowWolf, if he doesn't want it, i'll take it!

Those are on the way;)

I want to get all the games first then I can move onto the figures and print material.

In terms of print material, press kits, etc. I still need to get the following before expanding:

MGS Premium Package Shareholders Edition
MGS2 Shareholders Edition Corporate Bond
MGS3: Subsistence Limited Edition w/Headset (NTSC-J)
MGS: The Twin Snakes Gamecube bundle
MGS: PO KonamiStyle Limited Edition+ PSP bundle

The thing is to get all those in the condition I want (new) I'm looking at anywhere from $3500US to $4000US+.

Goidil

ta3qc8.jpg

Planet Manga reissued the manga of Kaze no tani no Nausicaa by Miyazaki, so I buy it again.
Then I found this morning in the mail Crush for PSP and the DVD of Fascisti su Marte (a satire about the fascist colonization)

jacobs34

AugustPickup.jpg

I know it's not as impressive as some of the people in this thread, but this was a huge pickup month for me. The TE stick is definitely as good as advertised, and after a couple hours of practice, I think I'm getting Barlog down once again. I had to get a new iPod touch after a friend decided to throw my old one into a river.

DSC01542.jpg

Love the cover for the Graf Orlock album.
DSC01541.jpg

Sweet Citizen's Arrest double LP came out. Ted Leo played for them.
DSC01543.jpg

DSC01544.jpg

I considered waiting for my local shop to get the new Air Legends, but I decided to go with these instead.
DSC01546.jpg

DSC01547.jpg

Really need to subscribe to FourFourTwo.
DSC01553.jpg

Video Games.
DSC01554.jpg

Loved the original, the expansion is great too.

kairu

thescience said:
Hey All,

Long time lurker, just recently approved on NeoGAF, so I thought i'd post some recent pick-ups. This thread is so badass. Without further ado...

3828653911_13f7132358_b.jpg

Olympus EP-1

SO JEALOUS!

Jazzem

Goidil said:
*Nausicaa manga*

Nice one, though it fills me with a pang of guilt in that I've only read two out of the seven Nausicaa manga books I own :( Wish the books were divided up into chapters, would make them easier to drop in and out of. That aside though, great manga!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom