• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
2076836589_a588abe39a_o.jpg

NeoGAF FEBRUARY Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

First month of 2008 is over!

So far so good eh? Let's see your cool pick-ups for the month! Real pictures are appreciated! Use this month's thread to show your pick ups for February!

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

Post ACTUAL pictures! No one cares to see pictures they can find on google images....

ARCHIVES:
November 2006
December 2006
January 2007
February 2007
March 2007
April 2007
May 2007
June 2007
July 2007
August 2007
September 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008

----

I'll start off with some of the stuff I got from Jan. and my early Feb. purchase (which should be arriving soon) !

ibu

nbq5nm.jpg

I got Kane and Lynch given to me as well as Ninja Gaiden Sigma... cannot wait to get my ps3 back to play NGS...

Kane and Lynch im not as fussed about, but its free... so can't complain.

Both were a gift from an employee at Eidos.

Apologies for the cam quality, had to use phone as multi media slot on pc is not working :(

bleh i need to find my camera, some nice pick ups in january, but i'll post them in this thread since it's so close:

360 20gb (falcon baby)
Mass Effect
Halo Legendary ($69 shipped on ebay)
GH3
etc

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Finally got myself a Wii :D

Lucky that all the stores here in Switzerland are all loaded with them, so i had a easy time finding one.

Kandrick said:
Finally got myself a Wii :D

Lucky that all the stores here in Switzerland are all loaded with them, so i had a easy time finding one.

[]

If nothing else the one thing sony got right with the PS3 is the inbuilt power supply. I hate my wii and 360's goddamn powerbricks! Take up room and awkward to hide them too.

2mnjjpu.jpg

I lost my carry on bag so I had to get a new PSP. Also pictured is an Ultimate Ears and a 8GB Memory Stick.

34euc5u.jpg

I got these late January just to coincide with Brawl's soundtrack and set them up today but the rest of the three speakers won't be here until some time in February. Unfortunately, the speakers have forced me to get rid of my CRT since they aren't magnetically shielded meaning I can't play console video games until I decide which model to buy. My DS was also lost along with my PSP so it gave me the perfect excuse to purchase the FFXII limited edition one.

Roxas

re-catching up on the DMC series (yes that includes DMC2) and bought a few bargains off ebay (hoping the rest will come tomorrow)

PICT0095.jpg

6947qe.jpg

I just received this an hour ago. I'm glad to report that the CD is very high quality.

edit: This disc must be a rip of the original master copy. I was worried it would just be a copy of the game disc but after scrutinizing the tracks, there are many many more details in the midrange than on the game disc. Further, the separation of instruments is far better than what I heard in game though that might have to do with the Wii's poor handling of audio. Anyone who loved the soundtrack must get this.

edit 2: After finishing listening, I think tracks 1, 8, 13, 17, 18, 19, and 25 are the best tracks on my system. I'm pretty disappointed with track 24 since it's my favorite remix. It has a strange echoing quality to it though that might have been an intentional effect. A good 1/4 of the tracks sound too clinical and the rest are average. 26-28 seem out of place since they aren't in chronological order like the rest of the disc. Every song sounds considerably better than in game though. Disc 2 sort of sucks but I guess it's nice for archival purposes.

edit 3: It seems disc 2 has some different versions of the game songs. 29 is a kick ass remix of the Buoy Base Galaxy.

Bebpo

Banned
yay004.jpg

The Tales of Destiny DC box is one of the nicest boxes I've ever touched. It's really HQ material and HEAVY. Very solid box + huge artbook hardbound + soundtrack + game with awesome Inomata art for ~$50 = win win win.

Google

Roxas said:
re-catching up on the DMC series (yes that includes DMC2) and bought a few bargains off ebay (hoping the rest will come tomorrow)

PICT0095.jpg

Can I come round and play Sonic and Ridge Racer...

Bebpo said:
Disgaea 3 First Press thingy

I've got that Disgaea box set on the way right now! How's the soundtrack? Is that the only extra in the box? How are you getting on with the game?

I can't bladdy wait!

Bebpo

Banned
More pics of the ToDr DC box:

tod022.jpg

tod020.jpg

Box is really, really gorgeous.

Soundtrack (Leon fangirls will be orgasming with this game):
tod001.jpg

Artbook is like 50+ pages all artbook quality paper. Basically it's about as good as the standalone Inomata artbook released a few years ago but smaller. Tons and tons of ToD artworks:
tod014.jpg

The whole package puts most other LEs to shame.

Android18a said:
I've got that Disgaea box set on the way right now! How's the soundtrack? Is that the only extra in the box? How are you getting on with the game?

I can't bladdy wait!

Actually the N1 box surprised me a little. The usual N1 LEs consist of:

-Crappy cardboard box
-Cheap magazine paper mini-artbook
-Soundtrack

But this time around the mini-artbook is in a embossed hard cover book with HQ artbook like pages.

So good times.

Will start playing the game later today. Installing DMC4 for 25 mins now >_<

Mefisutoferesu said:
Whaaaa!?! Where?

Whoops. Guess it's a little more than $50. P-A has the Asia version for $64. It's basically the price of a normal non-LE game or less than that which is the point I was trying to make.

Amir0x

Banned
Fresh off the heels of last month's Wii stinker, NiGHTS 2, I managed to run headfirst into another atrocious offering from Nintendo's super INNOVATIVE™ console, No More Heroes:

NoMoreHeroesSucks.jpg

This game has to be one of the most poorly polished offerings ever to be hyped on neoGAF. The "hub" world is basically one big long string of design horrors, forgivable in no sense of the imagination except when you're on a console which is desperate for any third party support. Then these "flaws" become totally intentional, the developer wanted to have horrible vehicle controls and terrible framerate and boring tedious mini-games and mind raping framerate and rough, slipshod combat. So cool.

Fortunately for me, I got two games which actually made up for ^.

NoMoreAdvanceWins.jpg

Advance Wars is just phenomenal (WAR ROOM *cry cry* aside), and Endless Ocean is a really surprising little gem. I didn't like their PS2 diving games, but the Wiimote clearly works well for this application and there IS a game underneath - it's not like Animal Crossing.

eznark

Banned
Silicon Knight said:
s5imoz.jpg

Go these today, great haul if you ask me. :)

How does Ratatouille look? I really like it in theaters, thinking about adding it to my current blu ray collection (of 1).

And No More Heroes is dope (as is AW).

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
Probably the wrong place to ask. But where can I find a DS at (specifically the crimson)? I've been to like 3 local game stores and none of them ever know when they will have them in stock (though one ebgames said there was a blue/black DS coming out soon).

I'm looking to pick up one this month for my g/f.

Bebpo said:
Whoops. Guess it's a little more than $50. P-A has the Asia version for $64. It's basically the price of a normal non-LE game or less than that which is the point I was trying to make.
Nnnn, I've never bought an Asia version, are all the goodies and stuff in Chinese or is it just the JP version with a different region code?

Amir0x said:
Fresh off the heels of last month's Wii stinker, NiGHTS 2, I managed to run headfirst into another atrocious offering from Nintendo's super INNOVATIVE™ console, No More Heroes:

NoMoreHeroesSucks.jpg

I don't give a shit about "No More Heroes"- I don't own it nor do I plan to, but in the pic the shrink wrap is still on your copy... So, either you took a pic of it in the toilet before playing it, or you played it, realized it sucked, and bought it anyways so you could post this hilarious toilet pic. Am I close?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
That's not really a toilet. It's a huge grinding thing for peppers and stuff Asians use for making condiments.

Amir0x

Banned
HiroProtagonist said:
I don't give a shit about "No More Heroes"- I don't own it nor do I plan to, but in the pic the shrink wrap is still on your copy... So, either you took a pic of it in the toilet before playing it, or you played it, realized it sucked, and bought it anyways so you could post this hilarious toilet pic. Am I close?

I played the Japanese version a fair bit before I got this version, not too long prior. Being that I cannot understand Japanese and I thought maybe Ubisoft would fix certain things for the American release, I didn't cancel my pre-order. I took this pic before I opened it confirming that nope, it still is exactly as terrible as the Japanese release.

cicero

Amir0x said:

NoMoreHeroesSucks.jpg

This game has to be one of the most poorly polished offerings ever to be hyped on neoGAF. The "hub" world is basically one big long string of design horrors, forgivable in no sense of the imagination except when you're on a console which is desperate for any third party support. Then these "flaws" become totally intentional, the developer wanted to have horrible vehicle controls and terrible framerate and boring tedious mini-games and mind raping framerate and rough, slipshod combat. So cool.

Fortunately for me, I got two games which actually made up for ^.

NoMoreAdvanceWins.jpg

Advance Wars is just phenomenal (WAR ROOM *cry cry* aside), and Endless Ocean is a really surprising little gem. I didn't like their PS2 diving games, but the Wiimote clearly works well for this application and there IS a game underneath - it's not like Animal Crossing.
Wow. Here we go again.

You don't like a game so you go into other completely unrelated thread and continue on in waging your typical epic Amir0x grinding battle against...who exactly? The very pointed manner of the picture of the game taken specifically to offend sensibilities, your long sarcastic response to someone else's post from a completely different, but actually related thread. All of these point to the oh so familiar nature of so many of your posts, that being their TROLLISH nature.

But the thing that really tops it all is that the copy of No More Heroes you took a picture of sitting in a toilet looks to be SHRINKWRAPPED. Go ahead, tell me how most wii games come with loose plastic on the case. Better yet, take a picture of it opened and a picture of it playing on your TV, you know, some kind of proof that you have actually played the game before sounding off in typical amirox fashion. Not that you have ever blustered about concerning things you are almost completely ignorant of before, eh? :lol

EDIT:
Too bad I posted before checking the thread for new responses. Pray do tell though, how did you play the Japanese version without owning it first, or BURNING IT? Can we see a picture of your Japanese version? TIA.

Spike

Rancid Mildew said:
6947qe.jpg

I just received this an hour ago. I'm glad to report that the CD is very high quality.

edit: This disc must be a rip of the original master copy. I was worried it would just be a copy of the game disc but after scrutinizing the tracks, there are many many more details in the midrange than on the game disc. Further, the separation of instruments is far better than what I heard in game though that might have to do with the Wii's poor handling of audio. Anyone who loved the soundtrack must get this.

edit 2: After finishing listening, I think tracks 1, 8, 13, 17, 18, 19, and 25 are the best tracks on my system. I'm pretty disappointed with track 24 since it's my favorite remix. It has a strange echoing quality to it though that might have been an intentional effect. A good 1/4 of the tracks sound too clinical and the rest are average. 26-28 seem out of place since they aren't in chronological order like the rest of the disc. Every song sounds considerably better than in game though. Disc 2 sort of sucks but I guess it's nice for archival purposes.

edit 3: It seems disc 2 has some different versions of the game songs. 29 is a kick ass remix of the Buoy Base Galaxy.

You know what you need to do...

Chromax

Picked up the Prestige Edition of the first DJ Max to go with my DJ Max 2 Orpheus, it was pretty hard to track down...

I'm hoping to pick up a new PSP later this month.

fb8d.jpg

gloone

Chromax said:
Picked up the Prestige Edition of the first DJ Max to go with my DJ Max 2 Orpheus, it was pretty hard to track down..

How much did you pay for it? I'm thinking about selling my copy but I'm not sure it's worth it.. yet.

Top Bottom