• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2015 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods & MORE!

Just because...

063B67F4-1724-4C5A-86D6-9A82A2651A1D_zpsywsvdyw7.jpg

After a June of spending literally no money on games I finally became a permanent employee at work and said farewell to month-to-month contracts. I decided to buy a few things that I've been wanting for a while.

A Fujifilm X100T!

I finally bought a white Vita slim from Japan and a few key games

DVDs/Blu-rays! (Babylon is criminally underrated)

Mandatory Nintendo purchases

Gary Whitta's new book is rad!

Some art-books

I recently pulled out my old PSone from when I was 10 years old (still works!) and decided to start re-purchasing games I used to have as a child.

Sinthetic

Studio Ghibli's Ocean Waves on Blu-ray.

ayxI3fM.jpg

wuSvvuY.jpg

Final collection on BD.

UXUMxZE.jpg

Princess Kaguya Collector's & Standard Edition UK

MT3u5xp.jpg

QOsc3y4.jpg

Captain Olimar + Pikmin Amiibo - Amazing quality on this, the antenna is flexible, I love it!

x9Uk7Tp.jpg

byA2mzB.jpg

Taiyo Matsumoto X Crecy Shirt/Osamu Tezuka's Astro Boy Shirt

3Yg7Nfy.jpg

iNJWMPL.jpg

Taiyo Matsumoto's Sunny - Vol 5.

JiCFjTs.jpg

9sEFpG3.jpg

My first pair of Levi's ever in life haha.

0h1TxJF.jpg

Earthbound in honor of Satoru Iwata. His death hit me hard and I had to do this as I've never played it. RIP Iwata-san and arigatou.

H3WYNGs.jpg

Lastly, some Anime. Next post is going to be ram full of imports and Limited Edition Anime. Here's a taster of the lesser stuff.

One Week Friends, Aku no Hana, Vampire Hunter D, Final Fantasy Advent Children UK & Japan, Isao Takahata's Gauche the Cellist (Japan).

aZoHXk0.jpg

Cant believe how small this thing is.

dsfJ31R.jpg

That's what she said. /sigh

I enjoyed my PSTV when I had one. Ended up gifting it to a friend, she and her wife were desperate to get one alongside their new PS4. But it was a useful little machine, especially considering I don't own a Vita. Did they ever get Netflix on that thing? Such a silly omission.

Qasiel

Not many pickups for me this month except some shelving units for my home office, lots of new Magic: The Gathering cards which have since been made into new decks and this beauty. John Constantine's my 2nd favourite comic book character after Batman and this was his first (on page) appearance back in June '85 (which is also the month/year I was born, too).

Not many pickups for me this month except some shelving units for my home office, lots of new Magic: The Gathering cards which have since been made into new decks and this beauty. John Constantine's my 2nd favourite comic book character after Batman and this was his first (on page) appearance back in June '85 (which is also the month/year I was born, too).

That is fantastic, great cover and a great reason to get it framed. Speaking of frames is it a custom frame?

Also belated Happy 30th Birthday to you!

Yasawas

I used to have an OLED model which I had to sell as it crippled me but I've long missed having a Vita. I have now gone all in. The Slim is waaay better for me, can't believe how much more comfortable it is to hold. I have Danganronpa 2 on the way too, can't wait to give that a shot. Digitally I bought Castlevania: The Dracula X Chronicles earlier which they only made Vita compatible about a week after I sold my old one and I was still a bit salty about that as I've always wanted to play it.

6LumhT3.jpg

Some other bits:

8ufj10B.jpg

And someone else posted jeans which made me think of this. 12 months and five stone ago I was a 38-inch waist and swore when I slimmed down I'd treat myself to a nice pair of Carhartt jeans as their jackets and shirts seem to last forever. Unfortunately by the time I got there they seemed only to be making skinny jeans for the European market which I loathe so I had to import these. Life achievement unlocked! I will never change out of them.

RHGYXtS.jpg

Qasiel

That is fantastic, great cover and a great reason to get it framed. Speaking of frames is it a custom frame?

Also belated Happy 30th Birthday to you!

Thanks! Sadly not a custom frame. I was thinking of having one made but when I was out in a furniture shop (the same place I bought my shelves) I saw it and it measured up perfectly. Goes with the orange/white theme of the office, too!

AdanVC

Awesome pickups, everyone! Here's my July pick-up: an iPhone 6!

ifonx8p3g.jpg

It's a big upgrade to me cuz I've been using an iPod Touch 4 only since 2010! So far so good :)

eltercero

And someone else posted jeans which made me think of this. 12 months and five stone ago I was a 38-inch waist and swore when I slimmed down I'd treat myself to a nice pair of Carhartt jeans as their jackets and shirts seem to last forever. Unfortunately by the time I got there they seemed only to be making skinny jeans for the European market which I loathe so I had to import these. Life achievement unlocked! I will never change out of them.

Where did you import them?

– A fellow european who wants Carhartt relaxed fit jeans too.

Carhaart actually have their summer sale on right now, 50% off on most everything:

http://shop.carhartt-wip.com/view/gb/home

As their jeans are pretty expensive i usually pick mine up during the summer sale or winter sale (just after new year), but i go to their store in London to try them on. Sometimes the fits are very strange as they do a lot of styles for the guys who like skinny jeans.

They do a lot of styles but they all conveniently have names.

On the down side they also discontinue lines all the time and even more confusingly, use the same name and change the fits. They sometimes also upversion their styles and the fit will be totally different. I have a pair of "Western" and "Texas" (both baggy) but i see on their site that those are now "Western II" and "Texas II"

As you can tell, i fucking love carhaart :)

i completely forgot and posted this in the June Thread!

Anyway first off massive shout outs to Auron_Kale for helping me about my Vita and to //ARCANUM for his post and telling me where to order from!

i got this from Nin-Nin-Game.com ordered it Fri and it came today cost around £200

EzeYXkol.jpg

E0lqQkdl.jpg

TRNL6w4l.jpg

u8p80rsl.jpg

D975UfIl.jpg

sWSsryOl.jpg

totally stunning!

again thank you Auron_Kale and //ARCANUM!

Anyway first off massive shout outs to Auron_Kale for helping me about my Vita and to //ARCANUM for his post and telling me where to order from!

i got this from Nin-Nin-Game.com ordered it Fri and it came today cost around £200

totally stunning!

Thanks for introducing me to this site. Some incredible stuff on this

kama

Picked up a few titles that I had on my shopping list for a long time:

dC0t8PS.jpg

I had already played the first two hours of Virtue's Last Reward when it was free on PS+, but the announcement of Zero Escape 3 led me to finally buy the first game. Now I'm glad I managed to get my preorder in for the limited edition of ZE3. If I had known that amazon USA ships to Germany I would have ordered from them sooner. I forsee a lot of wallet-bleed in my future.

Boku no Natsuyasumi is going to be my summer-vacation game in August.

And thanks to Cubic Ninja (and smealum) my 3DS is now region-free. Which will be useful for this:
yt8H7QK.jpg

Brandish (PC-9801)
0P2J7jK.jpg

Two down, two to go until my Brandish collection is complete (not counting the Renewal Editions and the Windows version of Brandish 4)

sikkinixx

19765719658_ac26eb90fc_b.jpg

Welp my bank account. My Jetta was coughing up blood and I just went in to take a look....

2012 Golf Sportline. Wanted a GTI for years now but was looking in MKV for territory on price. Took the MKVI for a spin and was pleasantly surprised at the performance. Couple that with a MUCH nice interior and warranty left on it... Couldn't resist for a bit more money than I was looking at a GTI 5 years older with double the mileage.

Not my 1st choice of colour but I can live with it. I find the media centre whatever system cool but without GPS what's the point in some fancy screen?

//ARCANUM

EzeYXkol.jpg

E0lqQkdl.jpg

TRNL6w4l.jpg

u8p80rsl.jpg

D975UfIl.jpg

sWSsryOl.jpg

totally stunning!

YAY! I'm so glad you got it!! Isn't it amazing? :D

[Awesome Vita Pics]

totally stunning!

Really happy that you not only got it, but love it as well.

Enjoy and have fun!

jason00

Neo Member
I have been a Nintendo fan for over 30 years, and sold most of my collection a few years ago when I was having some financial trouble. Amiibo has rekindled my Nintendo collecting bug and while I am not buying everything back, I wanted to get some of it back (and buy some for the first time).

I got this in the Gamestop restock:

Finally picked one of these up after wanting one from the time I was a kid and learned the NES was not the NES in Japan. I had no idea this thing was so small, but it is tiny. Boxed and with instructions, it was $60 shipped:

With shipping, the games were $12 total. I felt pretty bad for the seller until I was reading a few Famicom collecting blogs and read that most games are selling in Japanese gaming stores in the ¥100 range:

Rebuying Dr. Mario and buying Banjo Tooie for the first time. Why is it that all used N64 games are filthy? I have picked up 5 carts over the last month and they are all dirty and need to be cleaned.

jonno394

Some anime from today and the past weeks - Lady Death was a freebie with the Elfen Lied order.

19983753882_013fb064b7_c.jpg

Some 3DS games (funded by offloading a couple of Vita Limited Editions - decided to move away from LE collecting)

19368859794_50d88a085c_c.jpg

andylsun

New headphones came in time for my 16 hour flight this weekend

rDOQSdPl.jpg

Liking them a lot so far. Very neutral sounding which is how I like them.

Stalk

First post in one of these threads, thought I'd merge my June/July purchases :)

Not featured, last months pulls. I get my comics in from my guys monthly. This months highlight was definitely Chew #50
Poyo so badass
and Red Skull. Was a little underwhelmed by Hawkeye after the wait but it may be that I just need to re-read it. Probably sell the entire run and buy the omnibus though.

Been trade waiting Spider-man and the X-men for a while, after reading it's a shame that it was cancelled but it was obvious cancellation bait, really funny mind. I really enjoyed Lucy Knisley's travellogues (sp?) so I picked up Radiator Days at Page 45 in Nottingham when visiting a friend, to have the owner sing my praises for buying what was possibly one of the last few copies he'd get haha. Not pictured is all the other volumes of One Piece I bought (I'm up to like... 23 I think?).

Had Yakuza 3 for a while in the backlog but never touched it so why not buy 1 and 4 and start 1 instead a few chapters in and really enjoying it :D Drakengard 3 I've finished but I really regret that and the Steins;Gate and Operations Abyss are the CEs but I keep the CE boxes aside due to shelve space. Apart from in the case of P4DAN where it's so damn sexy. I'd bought Demon's Gaze digitally ages a'go but felt the need to buy a physical copy after started chipping into it further and found I'm really enjoying it, up to
Ether Mirage. So cheap.

August is a cheap month since I'm off to Gamescom and spending time with my partner :)

Gameboy415

I found a whole mess of cool stuff this month but haven't had a chance to post anything til today.

QpxDhWS.jpg

-I found Turok 1-29 & one of the few Ren & Stimpy comics I was missing for at 50¢ a pop at Goodwill.

LsJHplL.jpg

-I found these at Goodwill for 59¢ each.

duEVR8Z.jpg

-I got the Babylon 5 books at Half-Price Books and found the soundtrack & guide at Goodwill.

Aj7IivW.jpg

-I got all of these CDs at Goodwill - I was especially excited to find the Disney, Pokemon, & Twin Peaks soundtracks!

nlBW7Qs.jpg

-I got all of these for ~$1-3 each.

UxK8i0h.jpg

-I got all of these DVDs for under $2 each at Goodwill.

DVHXUcT.jpg

-I got the DVDs for under $2 each at Goodwill, finally got my Vanilla Sky Blu-Ray from Amazon (after it had been delayed like 5 times!), and finally found a copy of The Wind Rises with a slip-cover at a distant Target!

21LGKHz.jpg

-I grabbed all of these newer Blu-Rays during recent sales at Best Buy & Target.

qLwCUsT.jpg

-I got these at Goodwill - the Tetris set was $2 and the toys were 50¢ each.

jmWeI30.jpg

-I got my MGS 2 Solid Snake Figma from AmiAmi - I've already opened him up and added him to my display shelf. :)

dhXWzqu.jpg

-I got the JP Dark Pit from Amazon and found the other stuff at Goodwill.

vGZ8OWY.jpg

-I got JP-versions of the rarer Wave 4 amiibo figures from AmiAmi to open up (I have unopened US versions of all 3 too).

x6CO5UO.jpg

-Toys R Us randomly had a lot of DI 1.0 figures on sale for $5.99 in early July so I picked up a few figures I was missing.

iWgmYkA.jpg

-All of the Crystal figures were also $5.99 each so I grabbed a full set.

8z81Wls.jpg

-I found the headphones (brand new) and the RB/GH drum pedal for ~$3 each at Savers.

VaOZqup.jpg

-I got these GBA SP's for ~$8 each at Goodwill & the game was $2.

Z00MvGM.jpg

U4oEqsI.jpg

-I found all of these PC games (& the Wedding Singer soundtrack) at Goodwill for 99¢ each.

oUwRlGk.jpg

-I grabbed Watch_Dogs for ~$8 from Best Buy and found everything else for ~$2-3 each at Goodwill.

iHkkB3s.jpg

-I happened to be at Goodwill right when they were putting out a ton of PS1 games and got all of these for 99¢ each! I was psyched to get all of this stuff, but I was pretty bummed that I missed out on a Black Label copy of Silent Hill by just a few minutes (saw another guy with it in his cart). :(

m8qnyv5.jpg

-I got the PS3 games super-cheap at Half-Price Books and got the others at Goodwill for ~$1-3 each.

ecD41e5.jpg

-I found the new copy of Bioshock: Ultimate Rapture Edition at Target and got the other games for $1-2 each at Goodwill.

neZjVOg.jpg

-Izuna 2 for DS is the only thing I ended up buying on Prime Day, the other games are from Goodwill.

HreSloy.jpg

-I ordered the new copy of Echo Night 2 for PS1 from an Amazon Seller and they randomly sent me the Simple Series Swimming game as a free bonus. I found the Aladdin PS1 game at Half-Price books and got the other games at a local thrift shop for $1.99 each. :)

BrunoM

19765719658_ac26eb90fc_b.jpg

Welp my bank account. My Jetta was coughing up blood and I just went in to take a look....

2012 Golf Sportline. Wanted a GTI for years now but was looking in MKV for territory on price. Took the MKVI for a spin and was pleasantly surprised at the performance. Couple that with a MUCH nice interior and warranty left on it... Couldn't resist for a bit more money than I was looking at a GTI 5 years older with double the mileage.

Not my 1st choice of colour but I can live with it. I find the media centre whatever system cool but without GPS what's the point in some fancy screen?
Congratulations very nice looking

Haha agree on the screen part
Maybe if you go straight to VW they can tell u how much to add the GPS to the car seeing as u already have all needed (if possible at all)
Aww yeah.

uQ5hXq1.jpg
Even tho I find the white one nicer I really like Tue batman special edition

And welcome to ps4 land

TheMoon

blopsgafcibch.jpg

I finally did it. Bought my first ever Call of Duty game lol. Can't really say no for 5 pounds for a good Wiimote FPS.

Auskeek

nzRg4SR.jpg

Finally got myself some new runners. Been eye-ing some Zoom Structure 18s for about 4 months now but they cost $200 where I live. Picked them up for $98 while I was in Melbourne. Well worth it.

Top Bottom