• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY 2015 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods & MORE!

ylLpr26.jpg

mwoHjdK.jpg

Finally got a Neo Geo CD along with Metal Slug 2, Real Bout Special and Samurai Shodown. Been mulling over getting an AES or CD and fact is the games I want cost 1K or more for the cartridges so CD it was. Metal Slug 1 is still in the mail from Australia and will hopefully get here soon. It's just too bad MS3 and MSX were'nt also released on the system, then I would truly feel complete. MS4 - 6 were ok but as they were developed by a different team you can definitely tell the difference in level design and the overall flow of the game. Not to mention the move to pre-rendered background sprites.

NGCD top loader is such a nice looking system.

I am a much less patient person than you, so my favorites are titles like Mutation Nation, Last Resort, or Windjammers, which each have minimal loading, lol.

Kagami

Well here is my second batch of game related goodies for this month:

TKou4nB.jpg

:O
I just bought those together a couple of days ago!
I kept hearing so many good things about the both of them. They'd been on my shopping list for a long while but I finally got around to it.

MpD5CvI.jpg

TheMoon

I kept hearing so many good things about the both of them. They'd been on my shopping list for a long while but I finally got around to it.

MpD5CvI.jpg

Great work on duplicating the placement and angle almost perfectly. :D

Impotaku

Finally got hold of a intelligent systems nitro capture unit for big screen DS & GBA gaming fun. Looking forward to playing my collection on my 51" tv,

DSC_0029_zpsiic0lifj.jpg

Mike Golf

NGCD top loader is such a nice looking system.

I am a much less patient person than you, so my favorites are titles like Mutation Nation, Last Resort, or Windjammers, which each have minimal loading, lol.

It really is nice to look at, I didn't expect it to be so big though. Next to an original Xbox it has a little more depth, is about as tall and is only shorter width wise minimally. I love it though, has a nice weight to it and gives it a good presence. You reminded me I was going to check out Last Resort as well, played it on an MVS a few eeks ago at an arcade and want to experience it in better quality as the CRT on that cabinet was very aged.

When you look at the ten cents per piece average, it's a bit better value than the Mini.

It is also apparently now sold out until general release.

I love that alarm clock! Does a specific song play or anything like that?

Thanks! Sadly, no special song or tone - just a standard ol' alarm beep.

I did kinda assume the alarm would be something Ranma-related when I realized the "bells" up top are simply there for looks, but I wasn't too bummed. It still looks great.

Birthday yesterday :)

My fiance got something amazing from one of my favorite films.

The Map from, can you guess?
Time Bandits
printed on good canvas so I can run around with it :)

Also came with a Apple Pie for breakfast, and a really nice Art/movie note book about Del Toro's movies.

What a glorious day!

PSOreo

The Amazon Prime Sale was actually decent to me, got the 48inch Sony Bravia television with £200 off. Also picked up two more Studio Ghibli blu-rays.

0OKjVHB.jpg

14jR9xa.jpg

Oh and I also got this beauty of a replica
aExWo6n.jpg

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
How's that Godzilla game? Seeing a lot of gaffers posting that one.

If you are a fan of the Japanese Toho movies, the game is a treat. It doesn't have AAA production values, but the monsters are perfectly modeled, the audio is spot on and stomping through environments, smashing buildings and fighting other kaiju is a blast.

If you are a fan of the Japanese Toho movies, the game is a treat. It doesn't have AAA production values, but the monsters are perfectly modeled, the audio is spot on and stomping through environments, smashing buildings and fighting other kaiju is a blast.

I've never been a Godzilla fan, just thought the game looked great (and it has certainly piqued my interest in the films), but I agree that it's just plain ol' fun. It's tough, there's a ton of content, and the gameplay keeps your heart pumping. The "tank" controls have been complained about thoroughly, but you're Godzilla - those controls just make you feel like a big lumbering beast; that's a flaw if you're playing as a human, but you're Godzilla, so it makes it feel right.

I appreciate that Aniplex USA seems to be using OPP bags for a lot of their recent releases. Any plans to pick up the Sentai collection?

I already own the Sentai DVDs of the first series (as I wanted dual audio).

When my friends and I tried watching the P4Anime in Japanese the first time, we switched immediately into English due to Japanese voices sounding "weird" to us (since the game was dubbed in English).

Once P4GAnime started streaming on CrunchyRoll last year in Japanese, we got used to hearing the Japanese voices.

If I'm honest with myself, I do prefer the English dub really.

It really is nice to look at, I didn't expect it to be so big though. Next to an original Xbox it has a little more depth, is about as tall and is only shorter width wise minimally. I love it though, has a nice weight to it and gives it a good presence. You reminded me I was going to check out Last Resort as well, played it on an MVS a few eeks ago at an arcade and want to experience it in better quality as the CRT on that cabinet was very aged.

Last Resort on the ngxd runs smoothly too save for some late level lag which is pretty severe but either than that great, terrifyingly hard game

Alright, I'm convinced. I've just ordered them together as well. Let's see how much we can skew the Amazon recommendation system...

Westraid

Sorry for crappy tablet pic:

Love all the Radiant Historia & Ghost Trick combo purchases. Over four years ago, I did the same thing. :)
You won't regret it, both those games are gems. Only issue you'll have: which game featuring the time travelling hero in red will you play first?

AlfaTrion

Here is my pickup news! (lol)
Again, sorry for my crapstagram pics.

My cousin donated her N64 and some games along with some NES carts! How awesome is she?

TwgR8CF.jpg

Also my co-worker found some stuff he didn't need anymore including a GBA SP Headphone jack!

ZWguGNv.jpg

A friend gave me his sister's old games since she's gone digital only. The stacks behind are just empty cases.

r6oOGuy.jpg

Not technically a pickup but it made me happy:

ina8A6U.jpg

Palete Gear Expert Kit! Haven't had a chance to fiddle with this yet but I might set it up but I might no use it until the dev kit is available.

jCBuNDF.jpg
5eCZcXJ.jpg
eJykZ5d.jpg

Got the HD version because I can send most of my stuff through an XRGB-mini...

snM9msz.jpg

... thanks to these cables I picked up!

GiN3WBt.jpg

Game pick ups from June:

AuE3Rtu.jpg
8KpvCuF.jpg
sUF1B12.jpg

Pickups from my trip back in May that I finally had time to try:

hZBp4xh.jpg
ZGpeoBR.jpg
79cgFM5.jpg

Not pickups but some more stuff I brought over from my dad's house to my new place:

Found my Sol Feace CD when trying to fix my original Sega CD

caJH01u.jpg
6fgjOdl.jpg
HBQIBqd.jpg

Now that I have RGB cables for my Saturn, I'll probably play this entire game the best way possible! Note: This game was a gift from one of my best friends way back when this came out. Now how awesome is HE? :)

Bancho

Sexy. Are you going to get a vertical stand for it? It pretty much begs to be displayed standing up like that.

I'm thinking about it. Im waiting to get a new tv unit and will see if it will fit vertically. Does look great in the vertical position.

Can you please share a purchase link for this?

Rightstuf

You should probably just stream it online. Its kinda terrible. I say that as a persona fan and someone who finds Marie tolerable.

I did stream it on CrunchyRoll when it first came out with my friends. For us, since we had beaten the original and Golden, it was nice seeing "New Game+" animated. Was it not really needed? Sure, but we oddly got a kick out of seeing the content from Golden animated.

Since I own the original Sentai release, it was a given that I would also own the Aniplex USA release for Golden as I particularly wanted the soundtracks (versus paying for the Japanese release).

Top Bottom