• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Tabris said:
I don't understand the reasoning behind buying multiple of the same hardware unless it's a complete revision. I understand collecting but looking at that pile, I can see $1000 dollars worth of hardware you didn't need, $1500+ if you include the 4 additional PSP's. Think what you could have done with that?

Do you own a car? If not, there's your down payment
Do you rent? If so, there's the start of saving for your down payment for owning your own house?

I mean I know we're all just wasting our money in threads like this but I just don't see any reason for the additional PSP's/Gameboy's and my advice is save that money for something more.

This is hilarious. :lol If only you knew. Collecting hardware isn't even the craziest thing I do.

RumFore

Banned
Kadey said:
Hrmph.

handhelds.jpg

You remind me of that kid that collects vacuum cleaners.:lol

DiddyBop

you guys need to stop telling ppl how to spend their money. yes it seems wasteful,but its not your money so dont stress over it.

Enron

Banned
Drewsy said:
le sigh

You guys do know that you're owning yourselves by not hacking your shit, right? Find someone who knows how to and throw your psp their way. Gaffot media create pie charts a good handheld does not make, think for yourselves.

I'm sending mine to demi when I get my psp. :D

What is the point of hacking your shit, except to pirate, honestly? Custom fw just seems like too much of a pain just so i can play some roms.

"What is the point of hacking your shit, except to pirate, honestly? Custom fw just seems like too much of a pain just so i can play some roms."

Yup that's right the only reason for cfw is to pirate games!

Enron

Banned
Zaraki_Kenpachi said:
"What is the point of hacking your shit, except to pirate, honestly? Custom fw just seems like too much of a pain just so i can play some roms."

Yup that's right the only reason for cfw is to pirate games!

Well then, enlighten me. Back when i first had a psp in 05, that was the only reason for all the hacks. What does cfw allow you to do that is so awesome? Link me to a thread or something.

Narag

Enron said:
Well then, enlighten me. Back when i first had a psp in 05, that was the only reason for all the hacks. What does cfw allow you to do that is so awesome? Link me to a thread or something.

Last I saw, one of the better advantages was ripping ISO to memstick to play the games with greatly lessened loadtimes.

"Well then, enlighten me. Back when i first had a psp in 05, that was the only reason for all the hacks. What does cfw allow you to do that is so awesome? Link me to a thread or something."

Well, that was quite a while ago... The reason I and most of the people here use it is for putting the games on a memory stick for better load times, longer battery life, and the benefit of not having to carry a stack of umds with you. You can put custom themes onto your psp with cfw, you can make load times better also by making the processor run at the 333mhz instead of the mostly used 222mhz. There is the benefit of putting roms and such if you want on them but I mostly use it for the ones I listed. There's probably more but those are the only things I care about with cfw. Also, darkalex has made it so easy now, (except for downgrading at times due to needing a cfw psp already or needing a datel tool battery) but once you have that it's become ridiculously easy especially with remote updating where you just download the update using wifi and the such, so you don't even have to worry about where to drop files really anymore.

batbeg

I don't have a camera, sorry. I bought Valkyrie Profile 2 and Steambot Chronicles brand new yesterday, £12.99 and £2.99 respectively. God I love generation endings.

Anybody have any suggestions for which I should dive into first?

batbeg said:
I don't have a camera, sorry. I bought Valkyrie Profile 2 and Steambot Chronicles brand new yesterday, £12.99 and £2.99 respectively. God I love generation endings.

Anybody have any suggestions for which I should dive into first?
personally i would say steambot chronicles. I picked it up a few weeks ago, i'm about half way done and i really like it. I couldn't stand VP2 for whatever reason and never got very far.

So far this month:)p two days) I snagged Burnout Paradise and I finally got my copy of ICO in the mail, so It's time to bust that open : )

Tiduz

Eurogaime
neojubei said:
You guys should lay off Kadey. Its her money not yours.

My buys as of now

d9c6c1d5.jpg

i am so amazingly fucking jealous, PAL doesnt get that book? I ordered the Pal ps3 CE, wonder what the book will be like :eek:

Drewsy said:
le sigh

You guys do know that you're owning yourselves by not hacking your shit, right? Find someone who knows how to and throw your psp their way. Gaffot media create pie charts a good handheld does not make, think for yourselves.

I'm sending mine to demi when I get my psp. :D
DSCF1087be.jpg

I know just fine thank you very much.

Eteric Rice

I'd rather not buy a system that I have to hack to enjoy.

Besides, from what I understand, the PSP will be able to play games you buy on the store, even without a PS3.

I'm surprised no one has figured out how to do remote play though the PC yet, though. Isn't it just a blue tooth thing?

Smokey

Tabris said:
I don't understand the reasoning behind buying multiple of the same hardware unless it's a complete revision. I understand collecting but looking at that pile, I can see $1000 dollars worth of hardware you didn't need, $1500+ if you include the 4 additional PSP's. Think what you could have done with that?

Do you own a car? If not, there's your down payment
Do you rent? If so, there's the start of saving for your down payment for owning your own house?

I mean I know we're all just wasting our money in threads like this but I just don't see any reason for the additional PSP's/Gameboy's and my advice is save that money for something more.

I know right.

But hey some people are made of money!

Tiduz

Eurogaime
I say to each his/her own thing, some people buy crystal figures for thousands of dollars, or antique dolls. Or shoes. get my drift? Her thing just happens to be gaming systems, i dont blame her and actually think its kind of awesome.

dankir

Smokey Bones said:
I know right.

You folks needs to stop worrying. Kadey is on some next shit! She spends her money her way and she's doing alright for herself. Stop sweatin' it!

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Don't tempt kadey, it's not a game X_X ...

I still didn't get anything for Feb. Unless you count a $15 rebate lol.

I'm driving up to Los Angeles and checking out a few of the import game shops today.

:D

Roxas

darkressurection said:
My pick up for the month:D
nocx9k.jpg

Came with Sonic 3D Blast( not as bad as I thought) and a Sega Arcade Stick.

Is that where you can put Genesis games, just above the disc drive?

Flock

Roxas said:
Is that where you can put Genesis games, just above the disc drive?

Everyone used to think this this when the Saturn first came out, its actually a RAM expansion slot.

Edit: beaten. *sigh*

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Smokey Bones said:
I know right.

People like to spend money on what they want

Why do people buy 40k cars? Instead of getting a 20K which is just as good...if it has 4wheels, moves...when it comes down to it. Whats the difference between a *Insert cheaper car* and corvette. one is need and one is a luxery/need/ If you have the extra money...why not spend it on something you want

Ok we get it people spend money how they want. No one is arguing it anymore so let's get back to posting pickups and stop trying to respark the argument.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
shintoki said:
People like to spend money on what they want

Why do people buy 40k cars? Instead of getting a 20K which is just as good...if it has 4wheels, moves...when it comes down to it. Whats the difference between a *Insert cheaper car* and corvette. one is need and one is a luxery/need/ If you have the extra money...why not spend it on something you want

Truth.

This thread usually gets ppl crying every now and then...

D_D

Alts

Really, I think the only problem is the attitude, but:

She's rich. So what. Be glad she spends her money supporting an industry you also enjoy.

Bought a new laptop because my previous one was absolutely pitiful. Good enough to run Bioshock on max settings, so i think I should be fine for a while.

Enron

Banned
Alts said:
Really, I think the only problem is the attitude, but:

She's rich. So what. Be glad she spends her money supporting an industry you also enjoy.

.hacked vs Kadey FIGHTO

tmaynard

Kadey said:
This is hilarious. :lol If only you knew. Collecting hardware isn't even the craziest thing I do.

Now you have me curious...

What is the craziest thing you do?

I'd be proud of that hand held collection. Although the picture of them all just laying on top of one another makes me cringe... All those screens...scratches....scuffs.... :(

Adamrogo

Banned
TwIsTeD said:
tv is awesome, need a little audio help then your set

I'd love a sound system, but the budget is tight right now, so I just stuck a crappy 5 speaker Pioneer system in for now...

Drewsy

Banned
Enron said:
What is the point of hacking your shit, except to pirate, honestly? Custom fw just seems like too much of a pain just so i can play some roms.

Oh Neogaf, you're morals are always holding you back.

eznark

Banned
Drewsy said:
Oh Neogaf, you're morals are always holding you back.

freaking consolesource is holding me back, waiting on a battery TOOL to get back in stock, although once I get some custom firmware I really don't know how useful I'll find it.

alexel

neojubei said:
you should check the previous pick-up post threads, she gets that question all the time.

She said she was a government contractor in some previous work thread. But that title spans a pretty broad range of jobs and salaries.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
MaX_PL said:
kadey and hacked dont answer those types of questions, which leads me to believe...

Well, hacked has money just because his mom or grandmom won some medical lawsuit right? Kadey actually seems like she works for her money, which is cool with me.

Top Bottom