• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Maggot9

Banned
Kadey said:
Free is good.

bruray.jpg
Ive always wanted to play Michigan.

Echo Night Beyond was AWESOME just from playing the demo. Great purchases.

edit: quoted the wrong guy, too lazy to change.

ibu

Maggot9 said:
Ive always wanted to play Michigan.

Echo Night Beyond was AWESOME just from playing the demo. Great purchases.

edit: quoted the wrong guy, too lazy to change.

Your right you quoted a the wrong guy there... cos that was a WOMAN you whose pics you quoted fool!!

Danne-Danger said:
ciCDikLRu.jpg

Suprised how decent the Deus Ex port is to be honest. Tight controls, no slowdown, refined menues and looks... so-so. Could definetly play it through again on PS2 (bought it mostly as a backup, and because I can't control myself).

Whoa, PAL Nightshade! That game pretty much vanished overnight when it originally hit. Michigan gets a lot of hate, but I really enjoyed it. Might have been the hilariously awful English dub that kept me playing though.

crusinsamurais.jpg

I wanted to experience the full terror of Cruis'n, I think my favorite part's the back of the box though. They actually use screenshots with IGN's watermark on them. Midway couldn't even be fucking bothered to use their OWN SCREENS. <3

Code of the Samurai's a surprisingly great little game. Don't let the shithouse box put you off, it's a localization of Sega/Red's Shinsengumi Gunraw Den (or something). Hack and slash with a decent story (Midas even kept the Japanese voice acting). Pretty awesome for $10.

Osaka

Did not ask for this tag
Infernal Monkey said:
I wanted to experience the full terror of Cruis'n, I think my favorite part's the back of the box though. They actually use screenshots with IGN's watermark on them.

wat

You serious?

nny

Infernal Monkey said:
I wanted to experience the full terror of Cruis'n, I think my favorite part's the back of the box though. They actually use screenshots with IGN's watermark on them. Midway couldn't even be fucking bothered to use their OWN SCREENS. <3

:lol :lol no way they did that..did they? damn, that's like a new level of neglect in shovelware titles. "screenshots for the box? google it". pic please?

nny

Infernal Monkey said:

oh snap :lol :lol thanks infernal, always treading through the lows of gaming for our enjoyment :D

edit: special mention to the fact they kept the trademark screenshot for this title on the box: the car vault. good stuff all around.

CTLance

I'm too poor to afford a replacement for my digicam right now, so...

* G5 (1,8GHz PPC, 512 MB RAM, FX5200) - Yes, that's a(n old) Mac. A damn sexy one if you ask me. If it ever breaks down (unlikely from the looks of it) I'll try to install PC innards. That case is just so incredibly well engineered IMHO.
* external harddrive 500GB in the same visual style (FW400, FW800, USB2, eSATA 3Gbps)
* Battalion Wars Gamecube (10&#8364;, still factory sealed)
* Killer 7 Gamecube (9.99&#8364;, still factory sealed)
* DS screen protectors

Loving MacOSX gaming right now. EV NOVA demo <3. So many great memories. :D

Only thing bugging me a bit... EV NOVA needs 100%CPU at ~50fps? Unoptimized much? I played the original EV on a machine with specs far below this one, and tbh it didn't look (or play) very different from Nova. Whatever. As long as it works I won't complain.

woot, Parcelforce turned up and dropped this Saturn ebay haul on me;

Culdcept and Snatcher;

DSCF0322.jpg

And this awesome special edition of Policenauts which features an art book with some really nice art, a few animation cells and stickers to Policenaut-up the Saturn and Virtua gun (I won't be using them though :p);

DSCF0323.jpg

bran

Infernal Monkey said:
Haha, my camera was way too crappy, so I scanned it!

ohdear.png

CRUIS'N GOOGLE~

I might have to pickup a copy of this when it hits $9.99 bargain bin (2 weeks from now :p) and have it just to laugh at it whenever I see it on my shelf.

bryehn

should do it for the month:

08-02-15-nmh.jpg

No More Heroes. Not sure why it got delayed here, but no matter...it's awesome

08-02-15-culdcept.jpg

Culdcept SAGA. I am officially addicted.

08-02-15-alien.jpg

Alien Syndrome. Sure it sucks, and got some bad reviews, but I was looking for a 2-player dungeon crawler and it was $15 new.

08-02-15-chibi.jpg

And finally, a new/sealed copy of Chibi-Robo! for $30. This is the only game I regret ever trading in. Seems my old save is gone though.

Plus a couple watchables:

08-02-15-dvd.jpg

Blue Harvest is a great package for $13 at Wal-Mart. Including digital copies on a second disc is, in a word...awesome. Saved me the hassle of encoding my own.

The wife likes Sabrina. Not a bad show at all really. I like chicks in mini-skirts, so I have no problem buying/watching this show at all.

And, of course some downloadable stuff:

08-02-15-pixel.jpg

08-02-15-01-bubble.jpg

08-02-15-smb3.jpg

08-02-15-hm.jpg

08-02-15-bo3.jpg

08-02-15-poker.jpg

Finally found my camera:

Sweet sweet DMC:

IMG_0209.jpg

Some stuff for the PC:

A new chipset heatsink, the fan I had on it before started to make horrible whirring noises:

IMG_0211.jpg

A new drive awaiting my copy of DC: New Frontier on HDDVD:

IMG_0208.jpg

Some Crysis playing purchases :D:

IMG_0207.jpg
IMG_0206.jpg

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I thought it was going to take me all weekend to transfer 120gb worth of stuff but it actually took me around an hour. Wowee. I was listening to my music in no time.

IMG_4215.jpg

zoku88

It amazes me how you guys can take such good pics. What's your secret? T_T

DMC4 and Wowhawk:

I got a new mp3 player as well. The Samsung YP-P2

REMARK: If all the times for a picture to turn out decent, there are noticeable grease marks...

zackattack said:
tetris.jpg

This is all I've bought in the last month.

Is that price sticker on it what you paid for it?

I have a copy of this myself and a bunch of other Tengen NES releases (After Burner, Alien Syndrome, Shinobi and something else I think). Thought they all took a huge drop in a price, guess they didn't drop as much as I thought. I got a hell of a deal on them paid maybe 2 - 3 bucks on each of them.

Aladuf

Banned
febpickup2.jpg

Sorry for the unbelievably shitty picture. Thanks to all of the deals at Gamestop this week I have bought 8 games in about 5 days... wallet am cry. I mostly just picked up games I used to own but traded away too early or traded when I really didn't want to get rid of them.

The games are:

Bioshock
Rainbow 6 Vegas
Smackdown vs. Raw 2008
Conan
Crackdown
Motorstorm
Uncharted
Elebits

Timo

1zwdels.jpg

And before you ask, no, I didn't own a physical copy of DFA 1979's Heads Up before this. I had to fix that.

Rimshot

Well I would've posted my haul for this month. But someone stole all my packages from my postbox downstairs... I feel like strangling someone...

marwan

Banned
my feb purchase:

Nokia N810 internet tablet i bought a few months back, but i felt like throwing it in there for extra measures!:)

2 internet SATA LG DVD DRIVES, 92mm blue LED Zalman fan ans Professor Layton on DS
16022008357.jpg

16022008360.jpg

iPod Touch 32GB and DMC2(yah i know) coming next week! :)

Amir0x

Banned
LaytonSmall.jpg

K-Mart was selling Disgaea 2 and Valkyrie Profile 2 for 7 dollars each, NEW... I already owned them in the past before trading them in, but for this price might as well reclaim them for my collection.

The Virgin Megastore in Times Square had a deal on a shitload of movies for ten bucks. All the movies in this picture were ten bucks, except for Tenenbaums which was 20. I owned a few before, but I had traded them in 2006 when I was hard up for money. Not pictured: Gone Baby Gone, which also cost 20.

dralla

dralla said:
DMC4 for $55 a@ CC
2hyap1k.jpg

Western Digital WD800BEVS - 80GB HDD for my PS3, replacing my 20GB.
1h731x.jpg

in addition to that, just got my DS3

2wg66x0.jpg

i also ordered a new chair which cost my a couple hundred. been a busy month :]

Top Bottom