• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

Cdammen

loot13feb08.jpg

Now I just need a Japanese Sega Saturn or one with a 4 in 1 cartridge. One question though. Can I buy a PAL console and play imported games with the 4 in 1 or must I have an NTSC console?

marwan said:
why give it back? DMC4 is an excellent game! :) ....unless you don't have a PS3....just pay for it and keep it.

Well, I'd be willing to try the series but I haven't played DMC2 or 3 yet so for now, it's goodbye. Also, I wouldn't have purchased the collector's edition.

I just finished installing this chair today. It has rescued my back.

hriglv.jpg

This picture is for World War II or something who asked for a size comparison picture. It's a January pick up but I couldn't unbox it until I settled into my new room. For a size reference, that's FFT Trading Arts Ramza standing between his legs.

332xb2f.jpg

Silicon Knight said:
The obvious questions; where and how much? Looks awesome!

Thanks. It was sold pretty much everywhere. There are quite a few left on eBay and Amazon. I think estarland, the Square-Enix shop and play-asia had them available a while back. The MSRP is $399 I believe but if you look hard enough, it can be had for roughly $100 less. The series is Kotobukiya's Masterpiece Arts.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
New jacket.
New handbag and purse.
Another DS Lite. Numero seis.
Lollipops.
And the one game that must be at least seen just to see how far gaming has come since the early 70s.

stuff-3.jpg

I also finally got my new components and had them installed. Now I can surf 99999999999999999999999999999999999999 faster!!!

E6600 was replaced with E8400
4gb DDR2-667 was replaced with 2gb DDR2-1066
P5N-SLI deluxe was replaced with 780i triple-SLI motherboard
8800GTX was replaced with 8800GT (this is more of a downgrade but not really if the former is fried)

In the meantime I was using my older PC which is alright but not uber enough.

I'm gonna beat up the IT guy if he doesn't give me back my boxes.

NewPC.jpg

TommyT

My first pick-up post thread, so I'll spare everyone with my backlog of shit that I've bought. Anyways so far:

Rig needed a new monitor as one of my three was going bad. ( one also doubles as my main for TV/Gaming/DVD )
100_0238.jpg

Got CoD 4 for $39.99 early this month. The bottom two are used ( sigh I know ) as I had a 25% off from a coupon and traded 2 games in with +$10 extra credit more than normal and set me back $9!
100_0249.jpg

My first GH on the 360. LP and Godhand were cheap cheap at circut city!
100_0256.jpg

This case is what I'm going to use to carry my games in from now on. And the laptop was a "necessity" for a few courses at college. *sticker is my old HS football logo*
100_0250.jpg

100_0253.jpg

And lastly, the GF got me a late x-mas present as she couldn't see me because of my surgery:
100_0257.jpg

** There are a few things not pictured... GAF might not approve :p *

Xisiqomelir

Only 2 things so far this month (consoles for scale):

00003-1.jpg

Shipping hell might move the stand topping till March *sigh*

I look forward to trying out Enders, though!

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Xisiqomelir said:

00003-1.jpg

Please tell me you atleast have, order, or plan to get Zone of the Enders 2?

LiK

Rancid Mildew said:
Thanks. It was sold pretty much everywhere. There are quite a few left on eBay and Amazon. I think estarland, the Square-Enix shop and play-asia had them available a while back. The MSRP is $399 I believe but if you look hard enough, it can be had for roughly $100 less. The series is Kotobukiya's Masterpiece Arts.

yea, 1/4 scale awesomeness. it's still available in many online toy stores. seems like it's too pricey for a lot of people, hehe

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
Xisiqomelir said:

00003-1.jpg

Where did you buy that stand, it looks awesome.

Xisiqomelir

shintoki said:
Please tell me you atleast have, order, or plan to get Zone of the Enders 2?

haha, let me hook the PS3 back up to my monitor and I'll make my lttp:ZOE thread tomorrow :lol

neojubei said:
Where did you buy that stand, it looks awesome.

Yeah, I'm liking the look of it so far, matches the promo bullshot pretty well too:

HAO1021_l.jpg

I got mine at tvstands.com (Item link). The model number is "RTA Home and Office TVM-060" if you want to internet shop and try to beat tvstands.com's price. ($245 with free shipping & no tax)

YagizY

Xisiqomelir said:
haha, let me hook the PS3 back up to my monitor and I'll make my lttp:ZOE thread tomorrow :lol

Yeah, I'm liking the look of it so far, matches the promo bullshot pretty well too:

HAO1021_l.jpg

I got mine at tvstands.com (Item link). The model number is "RTA Home and Office TVM-060" if you want to internet shop and try to beat tvstands.com's price. ($245 with free shipping & no tax)

Yeah you need to trudge through ZOE1 so you can play the godliness that is ZOE2.

zoku88

Kadey: You should consider getting another 2GB stick and a $10 upgrade license to a 64-bit OS in the future. I think you would notice a lot of gain.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
zoku88 said:
Kadey: You should consider getting another 2GB stick and a $10 upgrade license to a 64-bit OS in the future. I think you would notice a lot of gain.

Probably when SP3 comes out.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Absolutely Huge Purchasing Month for Me:

First off, a huge-ass stack of PC Games, some of which are from the Circuit City clearance extravaganza. Oh, and Devil May Cry 4:

And a few collector's items; note the sealed packages:

A Gigabyte 8800GT:

A new HP Dual Core Laptop:

And finally, Sony Vegas Pro 8:

purg3

slept with Malkin
DSC00947.jpg

I was in such a hurry that I forgot Wipeout Pulse came out, back to the store tomorrow for that one. :(

Bii

IMG_0078.jpg

Lego Star Wars: The Complete Saga (PS3)
Tomb Raider: Anniversary Edition (Wii)
Nintendo DS Lite (Cobalt/Black)

A while back, I played the 360 demo of Lego Star Wars and liked it. I didn't realize there was a "collection" of both Lego Star Wars game out, so I grabbed The Complete Saga. My PS3 needed some love so I bought the PS3 version. And I have never played a Tomb Raider game, so I picked up the Anniversary Edition on the Wii from Amazon's DOTD. And the DS Lite is for the lady.

IMG_0077.jpg

Warhawk w/bluetooth headset (PS3)
Ninja Gaiden Sigma (PS3)

chemicals

Tmac said:
Tetris FTW

that Tengen Tetris (based off the arcade version) was fucking HARD. I remember barely being able to get through the first 4 or 5 levels on single player marathon mode.

DMC4COVER.jpg

Fun Game. Got the Collectors Edition of it.

Callofduty4mwfcov.jpg

Tons of fun. Too bad I get lots of motion sickness while playing it.

Blue_Dragon.jpg

Am having to restart partway through it because I got too far into without leveling up appropriately and now I died all the time :(

btf1980

DiatribeEQ said:
DMC4COVER.jpg

Fun Game. Got the Collectors Edition of it.

Callofduty4mwfcov.jpg

Tons of fun. Too bad I get lots of motion sickness while playing it.

Blue_Dragon.jpg

Am having to restart partway through it because I got too far into without leveling up appropriately and now I died all the time :(

iz7211.gif

ciCDikLRu.jpg

Surprised how decent the Deus Ex port is to be honest. Tight controls, no slowdown, refined menus and looks... so-so. Could definitely play it through again on PS2 (bought it mostly as a backup, and because I can't control myself).

anthunit

Chiggs said:
Absolutely Huge Purchasing Month for Me:

First off, a huge-ass stack of PC Games, some of which are from the Circuit City clearance extravaganza. Oh, and Devil May Cry 4:

Is that a fragbox? How do you like it?

MidiSurf

Banned
Danne-Danger said:
ciCDikLRu.jpg

Suprised how decent the Deus Ex port is to be honest. Tight controls, no slowdown, refined menues and looks... so-so. Could definetly play it through again on PS2 (bought it mostly as a backup, and because I can't control myself).

Hmmm, why the hell is everybody suddenly buying Michigan: Report from hell ? I don't have anything against it though, decent game nonetheless.

Btw how's Echo Night: Beyond ? Looks pretty interesting.

MidiSurf said:
Hmmm, why the hell is everybody suddenly buying Michigan: Report from hell ? I don't have anything against it though, decent game nonetheless.

Btw how's Echo Night: Beyond ? Looks pretty interesting.
Saw someone mention it and thought it sounded interesting, well worth the small amount of money spent. :p

As for Echo Night, I think it's pretty great actually (so far). It's a first-person adventure game set on a moon base packed with ghosts. Every HUD element (you have one, heart rate) is set on your spacesuit visor and you won't get any guns and such, if you see a hostile ghost you'll have to run away. You'll die if your heart rate goes up to far. You also have a flashlight with limited batteries (you’ll find pickups) and 3 different strengths (high, low and off.).
Great atmosphere and it looks pretty damn good for a PS2 game.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?

MidiSurf

Banned
Danne-Danger said:
As for Echo Night, I think it's pretty great actually (so far). It's a first-person adventure game set on a moon base packed with ghosts. Every HUD element (you have one, heart rate) is set on your spacesuit visor and you won't get any guns and such, if you see a hostile ghost you'll have to run away. You'll die if your heart rate goes up to far. You also have a flashlight with limited batteries (you’ll find pickups) and 3 different strengths (high, low and off.).
Great atmosphere and it looks pretty damn good for a PS2 game.

That sounds very tempting and the gameplay vids from youtube makes this game even more tempting. And it's only 20€ so yes i'm going to buy this.

I have recently discovered so many hidden gems in PS2's game library, like report from hell, gregory horror show and now this. I'm expecting to find many more.

Top Bottom