• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF FEBRUARY Pick-Up Post!(Show us your gaming/non-gaming goods!)

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
RyanDG said:
I apologize for the crappy cell phone picture... Best I can do while my wife is out of town (she has the digital camera). This past weekend I got hassled into bowling with some of my wife's friends. I don't bowl however, so I spent the time in the arcade area. I came across a Tekken 5 cabinet that was in need of repair (damage joysticks and buttons, the game was turned off) - the game was basically just sitting in the corner. There was a small tag on it with the words "For Sale". Now, I already own Tekken 5 DR on the PS3, so I wasn't really interested in it at first, but I thought I would at least ask. When the bowling alley manager told me that the price on it would be $250, I decided just to throw something out there and told him I would give $180 cash for it. He agreed and I went in the next day to load up my Tekken 5 cabinet.

I have the replacement parts on order now, but I have a bit of a decision to make. Either I can keep it a Tekken 5 unit or I may end up doing a conversion job on it. Haven't decided, but it should be fun.

My wife really didn't like another arcade cabinet in our house though... She's a bit po'd at me right now. ;)

167jclu.jpg

Hi there RyanDG, if you're interested in selling the DVD-ROM drive for the System 256, I'm interested, I need a backup for my Tekken 5: DR arcade board. Please let me know if you ever decide on it. :)

EDIT - O yea, you lucky bastard! Great price!

Also, was it the dedicated T5 cabinet? I can't tell from the picture, too dark outside of the monitor/marquee area.

RyanDG

MarkMan said:
Hi there RyanDG, if you're interested in selling the DVD-ROM drive for the System 256, I'm interested, I need a backup for my Tekken 5: DR arcade board. Please let me know if you ever decide on it. :)

EDIT - O yea, you lucky bastard! Great price!

Also, was it the dedicated T5 cabinet? I can't tell from the picture, too dark outside of the monitor/marquee area.

I'll let you know if I decide to convert it. If I do, the drive will be up for sale.

And yeah, the cabinet was a dedicated one.

He had a MVC2 cabinet for sale as well, but I didn't ask the price since I already have a Universal NAOMI cabinet with MVC2. The guy seemed to be dumping a lot of his non-crane/non-prize/non-DDR games. :(

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
RyanDG said:
I'll let you know if I decide to convert it. If I do, the drive will be up for sale.

And yeah, the cabinet was a dedicated one.

He had a MVC2 cabinet for sale as well, but I didn't ask the price since I already have a Universal NAOMI cabinet with MVC2. The guy seemed to be dumping a lot of his non-crane/non-prize/non-DDR games. :(

You sir, are one lucky man...

A Tekken 5 Dedicated Cabinet originally sold for $6,000.... one of the most impressive pickups I've seen in a long time, congrats!

The arcade cabinet is really unique as you can set it to stand up and sit down mode... it was definitely a well designed machine.

I once got an arcade machine for $22 dollars, no joke... It was a Sega Astro City 29 with SFII WW lolol...

RyanDG

MarkMan said:
I once got an arcade machine for $22 dollars, no joke... It was a Sega Astro City 29 with SFII WW lolol...

This is part of the reason why I love to watch out for US amusement auctions and Super auctions in my area via their websites - the price you can end up picking up some games at is insane. And this isn't even getting into Namco's used game website, which has some crazy deals as well.

I end up repairing and reselling broken units too, which surprisingly has been a fairly steady source of income - especially with some of the older CPS-2 boards.

archnemesis said:
What's that Squaresoft game? I've never heard of it. Is it any good?

The Bouncer was the first big PS2 game that released early in the console lifespan. It didnt turn out too well but I have a soft spot for it. You can beat it in about 30 minutes if you skip the cutscenes and its a action brawler.

I actually liked it. :\

BigBlackGamer said:
The Bouncer was the first big PS2 game that released early in the console lifespan. It didnt turn out too well but I have a soft spot for it. You can beat it in about 30 minutes if you skip the cutscenes and its a action brawler.

I actually liked it. :\
I looked up some old reviews and it actually sounds like an interesting game. I'll probably pick it up if I can find it at a decent price.

atomsk

Party Pooper
i was trying to cut back this month... it didnt work that well

o76as4.jpg

14nfewg.jpg

zoro and chopper cost more than the hd-dvd and vision cam :lol

and once again i ordered this hat (last time it got canceled because they couldn't find any more from the overseas supplier)

ja86ky.jpg

really hope the order doesn't get canceled again

Otheradam said:
Those headphones look HOT. Where and how much if you don't mind?

I picked them up directly from Panasonic.com. They ran about $60, which isn't too bad since my Grado SR 60s cost that much too.

jvalioli

Looks like an iPhone or Touch with a protective case. The case fooled me for a second too, but the interface looks too much like an iPhone/touch to be anything else.

Pharmacy

Banned
jvalioli said:
Looks like an iPhone or Touch with a protective case. The case fooled me for a second too, but the interface looks too much like an iPhone/touch to be anything else.

yeah, that case completely threw me off as well :\

Pharmacy said:
what mp3 player is that

is it good

it looks sexy

Thanks for the compliments and yes, it's a 16GB iTouch with an Agent 18 EcoShield, which is a case that's made entirely out of recycled material.

It's fluxx but with zombies!!
DSC00134.jpg

DSC00133.jpg

DSC00132.jpg

book on the right is Amano: the Collected Art of Vampire Hunter D, I love it when Borders has those 40% of coupons
DSC00131.jpg

Games were about 13 a piece after work discount except for rule of rose that was 20
DSC00130.jpg

ibu

BigBlackGamer said:
207syhh.jpg

Feb has been a huge purcashing month for me......can't even remember when I spent so much on media.

I refuse to buy season 4 of the OC I dont believe it ended !!!

More stuff came in the mail today!

feb4.jpg

Lost Planet (US PS3)
Mobile Suit Gundam SEED Destiny: Federation vs. ZAFT II PLUS (JP PS2)
SD Gundam G Generation SEED (JP PS2)
Super Robot Wars MX (JP PS2)

Even after importing used games from Japan for years now, I'm still impressed at the pristine quality of them. Hell, the Gundam SEED Destiny game even came in it's own little plastic bag inside the mailer.

ibu

Drewsy said:
The OC?

L oh L

Yes it was almost shakespearean in delivery... or not. Birds were highly hot. I got attached to it.

Last of month from me.

66hxcp.jpg

manga shakespeare yessss

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
Petrie said:
Is that Season 6 of 24 I see?

Such an abomination to the series. After the amazing Season 5, I expected even greater things. Instead, I sold of seasons 1-5, as I am a completionist, and decided I'd prefer owning none of them, to having to have 6 in my collection.

QFT, it definitely jumped shark there. Now they're putting Janeane Garofalo in the show, and with that I'm not watching it anymore.

Top Bottom