• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Games of the Generation Awards

I take umbrage at that list for a lot of different reasons (where the FUCK are Shenmue and ICO in that top 25!), but I will say this - the best RPG won. Final Fantasy X you magnificent bastard you.

Durante

These lists with the bolding show one thing: Baldur's Gate II did pretty well considering that large parts of GAF never played it.

Celine

While I agree a lot, I must also add that Twilight Princess has the added difficulty of being also on Wii and as a launch game no less. I think Twilight Princess is so much better than Wind Waker in every aspect sans presentation that it's not even a competition, however, I wouldn't have voted for it, if I didn't happen to be a reviewer and got the GameCube version too (I wouldn't have played it otherwise on GameCube).
Yeah, of the 8.6M units TP sold only 15% were for GC.
Most experienced the game on Wii.

Kyonashi

My played:

1. Resident Evil 4
2. Metroid Prime
3. Metal Gear Solid 3
4. Shadow of the Colossus
5. Super Smash Bros. Melee

6. Half-Life 2
7. Metal Gear Solid 2
8. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
9. Halo: Combat Evolved
10. Final Fantasy X

11. Silent Hill 2
12. Persona 4
13. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic
14. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City
15. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas
16. World of Warcraft
17. Deus Ex
18. Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn
19. F-Zero GX
20. Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
21. Ninja Gaiden
22. Devil May Cry 3
23. Diablo II
24. Halo 2
25. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess

Metroid Prime, Silent Hill 2 and Persona 4 are on my list to play this year, so that's pretty good. I'm happy with that.

Percy

Banned
I ended up not voting in this because I honestly couldn't narrow down a list I was happy with. Too much to choose from. I have at least a dozen games I wanted to put at the top... though funnily Resi 4 wasn't one of them :p

Surprised at the lack of REmake and Symphonia(Maybe not so much Symphonia tbh) in the list and the fact Wind Waker placed so high (TP was so much better), but overall that's a fairly solid list.

lol at Shenmue being listed in the RPG section though. What's it stand for there? Really Poor Game? ;)

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
1. Resident Evil 4 - ★★★½
2. Metroid Prime - ★★★★★
3. Metal Gear Solid 3
5. Super Smash Bros. Melee - ★★★★
6. Half-Life 2
7. Metal Gear Solid 2
8. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker - ★★★★
10. Final Fantasy X - ★★½
11. Silent Hill 2
12. Persona 4
15. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas (played 3 though and consider it atrocious, so both would probably not have gotten more than one star from me if I had played them)
16. World of Warcraft - ★
17. Deus Ex
19. F-Zero GX - ★★★★★
20. Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door - ★★★★★
21. Ninja Gaiden
22. Devil May Cry 3
23. Diablo II (similar to GTA, I've played and hated 1&3 though)
24. Halo 2
25. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess - ★★★★★

What I've played:

1. Resident Evil 4
2. Metroid Prime
3. Metal Gear Solid 3

6. Half-Life 2
7. Metal Gear Solid 2
8. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
10. Final Fantasy X
11. Silent Hill 2
12. Persona 4

16. World of Warcraft
17. Deus Ex
19. F-Zero GX
21. Ninja Gaiden
22. Devil May Cry 3
23. Diablo II
24. Halo 2

21 out of 25 - I'm a video game savant.

Shunshine being 2 and jungle beat being 10 is just... no.

If only all the people that played sunshine had played jungle beat ;_;

I played both and thought Sunshine was far and away superior to Jungle Beat. I didn't think JB was horrible, but minus the gimmicky controller, it was pretty average. Sunshine was platforming bliss to me. I thought it was the best platformer of the generation. J&D, another average genre entry, being above it makes no sense to me personally. But, opinions.

Astral Dog

While I agree a lot, I must also add that Twilight Princess has the added difficulty of being also on Wii and as a launch game no less. I think Twilight Princess is so much better than Wind Waker in every aspect sans presentation that it's not even a competition, however, I wouldn't have voted for it, if I didn't happen to be a reviewer and got the GameCube version too (I wouldn't have played it otherwise on GameCube).
I disagree, characters, music, story,sidequests, pacing(during first half) its a bit better as well.

I think WW just left a bigger impression, even if its worse than TP.

AniHawk

I disagree, characters, music, story,sidequests, pacing(during first half) its a bit better as well.

I think WW just left a bigger impression, even if its worse than TP.

i think the wind waker has worse pacing in its first half. mostly because it's baffling that it actually is the first half of the game. forsaken fortress, missing dungeon, having to go to various islands to activate the tower of the gods (with more sailing in between) - it's only tolerable on the wii u version of the game. tww's pacing is bad because it's a mix of them not having enough content for the game they wanted, plus some genuinely boring things. tp's slower sections don't feel like mistakes. it felt like deliberate attempts to get the player used to controls and establish the world/this version of link. time is being wasted in the wind waker on pretty meaningless stuff when the story is getting pretty urgent and big. when the same thing is happening in twilight princess, it's dungeon, dungeon, dungeon, and feels better for it.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Wow, the top RPG list is awful, especially for a gen which had so many quality RPGs. No DQ8, Shadow Hearts: Covenant, Nocturne or Skies of Arcadia in the top 10?

The weird thing is that P4 placed much higher on the "Top RPGs of all time" list than FFX, yet FFX was voted the best RPG of the generation.

AniHawk

1. Resident Evil 4 ★★★★½
2. Metroid Prime ★★
3. Metal Gear Solid 3 ★★★★
4. Shadow of the Colossus ★★★½
5. Super Smash Bros. Melee ★★★
6. Half-Life 2 ★★★★
7. Metal Gear Solid 2 ★★★
8. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker ★★½
9. Halo: Combat Evolved ½
10. Final Fantasy X ★★½
11. Silent Hill 2
12. Persona 4 ★★★½
13. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic ★★★½
14. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City ★★
15. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas ★★★½
16. World of Warcraft ★★★
17. Deus Ex
19. F-Zero GX ★½
20. Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door ★★★
21. Ninja Gaiden
22. Devil May Cry 3
23. Diablo II
24. Halo 2
25. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess ★★★★

I have about 2.5 pages to go (250 posts) before the parser can do its thing. so many different spellings. people can be really, really, really creative.

Toxi

Banned
2. Metroid Prime ★★
19. F-Zero GX ★½
100.gif

Ralemont

not me
I take umbrage at that list for a lot of different reasons (where the FUCK are Shenmue and ICO in that top 25!), but I will say this - the best RPG won. Final Fantasy X you magnificent bastard you.

I thought ICO was cute but that the game wasn't actually fun to play. Meanwhile Shadow of the Colossus is both artsy and fun.

Neither made my Top 20 though.

ec0ec0

I played both and thought Sunshine was far and away superior to Jungle Beat. I didn't think JB was horrible, but minus the gimmicky controller, it was pretty average. Sunshine was platforming bliss to me. I thought it was the best platformer of the generation. J&D, another average genre entry, being above it makes no sense to me personally. But, opinions.

(because not many people know jungle beat, i'm going to describe some aspects of the game)

I'd say that junlgle beat was a good 2d platformer. It was a focused platformer about, well, platforming :p Of course, because of the bongos, it wasn't a fast/momentum based platformer full of precise jumps. However, donkey kong felt extremely acrobatic, and the fact that you could advance through the levels with so much style using just the bongos as a controller was undoubtedly fun. Up to now, in donkey kong games, picking bananas was nothing special. Now, it's the heart of the game, and the clap mechanic turns it into something interesting that you actually have to think about. Then there's the combo system: the more different tricks you use to advance through the level without touching the ground, the more points you get out of each banana you pick... now the ground is lava!! don't touch it!! The player's tension increased as he advanced through the level without touching the ground (when it was possible :p). The combo system gave the game that arcade feel of going for higher scores. The game was rewarding and replayable. It was a decent platformer at worst, and it wasn't a "flawed game".

On the other hand, this is what i think about shunshine:

(in before taking about sunshine, this is just my opinion :p and sorry if i'm being too hard on the game)

I love sunshine. I still play it sometimes. The only reason why i do is because its surprisingly fun to control mario. Nintendo really outdid themselves. Moving mario, jumping everywhere and exploiting all the crazy things that mario can do, can make you forget about the games faults.

In reality, its unbeliable that nintendo released such a bad 3d mario game with so many faults. Its extrange, i can think about many, many things that the games does wrong yet i still have fun each time that i touch sunshine. It really can feel like a great and a bad game at the same time.

If someone asked me about sunshine, i would probably tell him/her that its clearly the worse 3d mario game. But... i come back to sunchine more than to other 3d mario games that i consider better videogames...

Sunshine controlls are still great today, amazing even, but i'd call sunshine a rushed, unfinished, flawed 3d platforming game. What does sunshine does good!? messing around with mario's abilities, sandbox style, is crazy fun. That's it. Platforming!? the game is more of an adventure-platformer. There's no precise jumps, no pitfalls to avoid, no danger at all. Eventhough the levels are huge, mario can reach any place in seconds and without effort (he's OP). When there's platforming, is not that interesting due to the water pack (each jump requires you to jump really far and to use the water pack again and again). Furthermore, there's many star objectives that don't involve platforming. Yoshi does nothing for platforming.

Then there's the crazy amount of filler content, which doesn't respect the player's time at all: a lot of shines are blue coins (10 blue coins for a single shine!! ar you crazy!! tell me how that's rewarding...), a lot of shines are red coins, or shadow mario, the 100 coints shines are f*cked up because, depending on what shine you select, you can end up trapped in the level without the posibility of obtaining 100 coins... and you have to start again.

Thankfully, most of shunshine's worst content wasn't neccesary for beating the game. You can do the best (less bad) stuff while the game is still fun and before all the game's flaws start to annoy you to much. Shunshine is that game that you should somethimes come back to, but you shouldn't stay very long xD

To sum up, jungle beat was, at worst, a fun 2d platformer and an ok game. Shunshine was a fun but flawed game with poor 3d platforming. So, if i have to put both in a "platforming games list", it's obvious what game i'm putting first :)

edit:
19. F-Zero GX ★½.

You can't do that without explaining :p please!?

(it can be a frustating, difficult to understand game. You shouldn't trust the game manual xD I'm confident that i can solve that for you, if that was the case)

AniHawk

You can't do that without explaining :p please!?

(it can be a frustating, difficult to understand game. You shouldn't trust the game manual xD I'm confident that i can solve that for you, if that was the case)

i find racing games to be rather boring in general.

Guess I'll do this too.

1. Resident Evil 4 ★★★★★
2. Metroid Prime ★★★★★
3. Metal Gear Solid 3 ★★★½
4. Shadow of the Colossus ★★★★½
5. Super Smash Bros. Melee ★★★★
6. Half-Life 2 ★★½
7. Metal Gear Solid 2 ★★½
8. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker ★★½
9. Halo: Combat Evolved ★★½
10. Final Fantasy X ★
11. Silent Hill 2 ★★★★½
12. Persona 4
13. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic ★★★½
14. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City ★★★
15. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas ★★★★
16. World of Warcraft ★★★½
17. Deus Ex ★★★½
19. F-Zero GX ★★★★½
20. Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door ★★★½
21. Ninja Gaiden ★★★½
22. Devil May Cry 3 ★★
23. Diablo II
24. Halo 2 ★★★★
25. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess ★★★★

I think a lot of people are mistaking my post for saying Twilight Princess should be higher than Wind Waker on this list. I agree that most experienced it on Wii, and I'm in the same boat -- in fact, I originally voted for TP for this but removed it because I liked it on Wii better (I played both versions).

To me it's more about Wind Waker's high position in general.

AniHawk

welp, GX doesn't have much to offer apart from trying to drive better and go faster each time so... yeah. It's rather simple in that regard. Sorry :p

yeah most racing games don't do much for me unless they also do something else. burnout paradise had destruction elements and a sort of exploration angle too. mario kart and blur have items. excite truck is about scoring points.

i did try with f-zero gx on two separate occasions (meaning i bought it twice), but each time i just couldn't get into it.

jett

D-Member
Wind Waker's high spot just reinforces my view that GAF is very, very, (very) presentation-focused. In terms of game mechanics, dungeons, bosses, variety... hell, just about everything related to playing the game, Twilight Princess has it beat.

But Wind Waker looks so unique and charming that it doesn't matter how it plays, or that it has obviously missing dungeons, or that the dungeons and bosses that are there are generally worse than any 3D Zelda game you can think of. It has a good story and a beautiful aesthetic and that's enough for a lot of people.

I don't know if the HD version is putting a new look on the original game, but as "empty" as you want to claim Twilight Princess' overworld is, at least you could traverse it quickly, go where you wanted quickly, and even just change directions by rotating the stick. The sailing in Wind Waker was an absolute chore. And if you wanted to change directions, you had to stop gameplay, pull out the baton, do the directions IN TIME (as opposed to as fast as you can press the buttons, like Ocarina), and then continue on. Oh, did you sail a little too far to pick up that triforce piece at the bottom of the ocean? Better pull out the baton, change the direction, sail back, put away the sail, try and get close, watch the animation of the crane, then the treasure chest, then read the text about the triforce piece, etc. etc. Then do that over and over and over again. And that's not even including the monotony of getting Tingle to translate maps for you.

For all the complaints about Twilight Princess' pacing, at least it's all at the beginning, and once you leave home it races along at a good clip. And it's never as bad as what the fetch quest does to the pacing.

You said nothing but the complete truth.

Wind Waker fucking sucks. Mario Sunshine was intensely disappointing, but it was this thing that really drove me to selling my Gamecube and getting a PS2 instead. Best decision ever.

Maybe I do value presentation too much, because the first third of TP is the dullest Zelda I've ever played. TP's pacing may be deliberate but that almost makes it more baffling, why did they think collecting tears, wolf platforming, or hearding goats would be entertaining? There is nothing interesting in the overworld to break up the dungeons either.

Bass260

Eh, why not:
Bold = Beat
Italics = Played, not beat.

1. Resident Evil 4 ★★★★1/2
2. Metroid Prime ★★★★★
3. Metal Gear Solid 3 ★★★★
4. Shadow of the Colossus ★★★★
★★★★1/2
6. Half-Life 2
7. Metal Gear Solid 2 ★★★★
8. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker ★★★★
10. Final Fantasy X ★★★1/2
11. Silent Hill 2
12. Persona 4 ★★★★1/2
16. World of Warcraft

17. Deus Ex
19. F-Zero GX ★★★★1/2
★★★★
21. Ninja Gaiden
22. Devil May Cry 3 ★★★★
23. Diablo II
24. Halo 2 ★★★
★★★★

I'm happy I've played all the titles in the top 25 and surprisingly my list would be pretty close to what the GAF one is, especially the top 3 which personally I put in a tier above everything else.

With that said, if I had to make changes the to the list, it would be closer to the bottom with titles like Ninja Gaiden that is way too low.

Sadist

Bless the first two on the list. If I didn't forget about voting those two would have been my top 2 picks as well.

AniHawk

Maybe I do value presentation too much, because the first third of TP is the dullest Zelda I've ever played. TP's pacing may be deliberate but that almost makes it more baffling, why did they think collecting tears, wolf platforming, or hearding goats would be entertaining? There is nothing interesting in the overworld to break up the dungeons either.

there's nothing in tww's overworld that's particularly interesting. tp's overworld at least has two mini dungeons and two caverns that are both completely optional. and at least some of the hearts are found by using dungeon items in little areas outside of the dungeons that are actually puzzley to some degree. in tww, i think aside from the block-pushing island (i forget), the dungeons and whatnot are actually part of what you need to complete the game. any extra stuff boils down to more fetch quests and pointless sailing.

MrPanic

Oh, first time I've seen this thread. Looks great.

I'd say that top 25 is pretty good, actually played all of them and liked all of them. Nice to see the best racing game ever made also made a list like this. The only gripe I have is the lack of Okami, especially with Twilight Princess just making that list over Okami. TP is great and all, but compared to Okami or even most games within the Zelda series it surprises me it ended so high. Oh well, good list nonetheless.

AniHawk

I think you were joking, but that describes me exactly.

So...was 2 a huge departure from 1, then? Because the post above infers that it was good.

it's supposed to be really good. i never got far with it, but it was a more traditional game than dark cloud 1, which i found pretty damn bad.

AniHawk

Oh, first time I've seen this thread. Looks great.

I'd say that top 25 is pretty good, actually played all of them and liked all of them. Nice to see the best racing game ever made also made a list like this. The only gripe I have is the lack of Okami, especially with Twilight Princess just making that list over Okami. TP is great and all, but compared to Okami or even most games within the Zelda series it surprises me it ended so high. Oh well, good list nonetheless.

for me, beyond good & evil and twilight princess are buddies - good dungeon design and better pacing (with a smaller overworld but neat stuff to do in it), and the wind waker and okami are buddies - games that rely heavily on presentation because everything else aint so hot.

beyond good & evil has some presentation bonuses like voice acting (which is ... kind of not great all the time), and godly music that shames the other three. it's also the shortest of the bunch, almost too short. twilight princess has one really great character to carry the presentation, and some neat visual design and direction. bge is probably the most balanced of the bunch.

okami ranks for me probably at the bottom. not only does it suffer from ridiculous padding like the wind waker, but there are really shitty load times to boot. and not only are they plentiful, but they're long. it really drags all three of the games down. and if i remember correctly, you can't make the text go by quicker, and you can't skip cutscenes (or at least you can't at the start of the game). the drawing mechanic is a neat idea that should be in a much better game. at least okami had a pretty good pre-finale final dungeon (the lightning one was legitimately good). unfortunately it's mostly a chore. the top 50 is too good for it. hell, the top 100 for that matter.

but i feel that way about a few games in the top 25, so eh.

Mory Dunz

there's nothing in tww's overworld that's particularly interesting. tp's overworld at least has two mini dungeons and two caverns that are both completely optional. and at least some of the hearts are found by using dungeon items in little areas outside of the dungeons that are actually puzzley to some degree. in tww, i think aside from the block-pushing island (i forget), the dungeons and whatnot are actually part of what you need to complete the game. any extra stuff boils down to more fetch quests and pointless sailing.

I remember liking WW's overworld better than TPs.

Stumbling across the random submarine ship things that had rewards, outlook towers, deep fishing spots, and islands was enjoyable to me. I don't even remember anything in the TP overworld despite playing it years later. There could have been more islands, but I feel there was more than 1 that wasn't neccessary to beat the game

Rating the games I've finished or played a large amount of:

1. Resident Evil 4 ★★★★
2. Metroid Prime ★★★★
4. Shadow of the Colossus ★★★★★
5. Super Smash Bros. Melee ★★★
6. Half-Life 2 ★★★
7. Metal Gear Solid 2 ★★★
8. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker ★★★★
9. Halo: Combat Evolved ★★★
14. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City ★★★★
15. Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas ★★★★
19. F-Zero GX ★★★
22. Devil May Cry 3 ★★★★
24. Halo 2 ★★★
25. The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess ★★★

Not really any stinkers (unsurprisingly).

This is actually probably where the big divide lies, I did enjoy the sailing but totally recognize that it can be boring for some. And there's a lot of it. I liked finding the little islands with puzzles or challenges, even if they were simple. Felt a lot different than your average Zelda game.

I think my problem was that OOT was my first 3D Zelda and then I played TP right after and they're pretty similar which is why I was a bit underwhelmed, and then whenever I revisit it the beginning is a drag. I rarely completely replay a game as long as Zelda all the way through again.

for me, beyond good & evil and twilight princess are buddies - good dungeon design and better pacing (with a smaller overworld but neat stuff to do in it), and the wind waker and okami are buddies - games that rely heavily on presentation because everything else aint so hot.

beyond good & evil has some presentation bonuses like voice acting (which is ... kind of not great all the time), and godly music that shames the other three. it's also the shortest of the bunch, almost too short. twilight princess has one really great character to carry the presentation, and some neat visual design and direction. bge is probably the most balanced of the bunch.

okami ranks for me probably at the bottom. not only does it suffer from ridiculous padding like the wind waker, but there are really shitty load times to boot. and not only are they plentiful, but they're long. it really drags all three of the games down. and if i remember correctly, you can't make the text go by quicker, and you can't skip cutscenes (or at least you can't at the start of the game). the drawing mechanic is a neat idea that should be in a much better game. at least okami had a pretty good pre-finale final dungeon (the lightning one was legitimately good). unfortunately it's mostly a chore. the top 50 is too good for it. hell, the top 100 for that matter.

but i feel that way about a few games in the top 25, so eh.

100% with you on the TP-BG&E vs TWW-Okami comparison.

Okami's pacing was so goddamn terrible. SO bad.

It's funny though because the drawing mechanic would go great in a Wii U game built around it.

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
100% with you on the TP-BG&E vs TWW-Okami comparison.

Okami's pacing was so goddamn terrible. SO bad.

It's funny though because the drawing mechanic would go great in a Wii U game built around it.

Another full agreement. I personally prefer TP over BGE because it has (from my perspective) more and better puzzles and dungeons (and I don't really care much for anything outside gameplay, for instance the story in BGE is much better, but it just does not matter to me).

Eh, why not:
Bold = Beat
Italics = Played, not beat.

This is a good idea.

1. Resident Evil 4 ★★★★★
2. Metroid Prime ★★★★★
3. Metal Gear Solid 3 ★★★★★
★★★1/2
6. Half-Life 2 ★★★★★
7. Metal Gear Solid 2 ★★★★
8. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker ★★★★★
9. Halo: Combat Evolved ★★★★
10. Final Fantasy X ★★★★★
11. Silent Hill 2
12. Persona 4 ★★★1/2
13. Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic★★★★
14. Grand Theft Auto: Vice City ★★★★
16. World of Warcraft

17. Deus Ex
18. Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn★★★1/2
19. F-Zero GX
Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door
21. Ninja Gaiden
22. Devil May Cry 3
23. Diablo II
24. Halo 2 ★★★★
★★★★★

Miker

1. Resident Evil 4 (PC)
2. Metroid Prime
3. Metal Gear Solid 3
6. Half-Life 2
7. Metal Gear Solid 2
8. The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker (HD on Wii U)
10. Final Fantasy X
11. Silent Hill 2
12. Persona 4
16. World of Warcraft
17. Deus Ex
19. F-Zero GX
21. Ninja Gaiden
22. Devil May Cry 3
23. Diablo II
24. Halo 2

16/25. Not bad.

Camwi

maybe they all played dark cloud 1 first.

That's plausible.

Btw, thanks for going through all the work with both threads.

I think you were joking, but that describes me exactly.

So...was 2 a huge departure from 1, then? Because the post above infers that it was good.

I thought Dark Cloud 1 was good, not great. Dark Cloud 2 is not just superior in every aspect to the first game, it blows it out of the water.

The soundtrack is criminally underrated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tso4rZ4A1BY&list=PLBB7546757B3632A4&index=77

They changed the graphics to a beautiful cel-shaded design.

They cut way back on the playable characters, down to two now, which is a welcome change to some of the useless characters in the first game (who liked playing as the hammer-wielding guy?).

The village building system has been revamped, now allowing for more freedom while also rewarding you for placing objects in a certain way, making it more like a puzzle.

Going along with the village building is the ability to take photos, which you can then use to invent new objects.

Fishing is now way better than the first game.

And the last thing I want to hit on is that after finishing a level, you can then play friggin' GOLF on it. I gotta admit that there are times when it's a huge pain in the ass (some levels have endless pitfalls), but it's still an addictive addition.

The game is just SO MUCH BETTER than the first. It would be a damn shame if they never released a third game in the series.

petran79

Banned
From the top 25 I played none!

But I watched a live playthrough at a friend of MGS3 and Shadow of the Colossus over the course of a few weeks

really didn't like resident evil 4 at all, I have played it on PS2 and PS3. I have the HD PC version as well, maybe that will make a difference?

Dark Cloud 2 is not just superior in every aspect to the first game, it blows it out of the water.

Interesting. Thanks for the write up, I may have to check it out.

From the top 25 I played none!

Does not compute. Please remedy this as soon as you can. Just start at the top. I'm almost tearing up here, imagining a Gaffer that's been denied this much top quality gaming.

:(

Another full agreement. I personally prefer TP over BGE because it has (from my perspective) more and better puzzles and dungeons (and I don't really care much for anything outside gameplay, for instance the story in BGE is much better, but it just does not matter to me).

Agreed. Though there are things I like about BG&E's combat and level design that make it fun to play, I don't think it's on the level of Twilight Princess.

petran79

Banned
Does not compute. Please remedy this as soon as you can. Just start at the top. I'm almost tearing up here, imagining a Gaffer that's been denied this much top quality gaming.
:(

things werent that bad! I had a Dreamcast, a Windows PC and visited arcades!
just werent into RPG and FPS....

254. Star Wars Republic Commando - 3, 2 Honorable Mentions
328. Stubbs the Zombie in Rebel Without a Pulse - 2
406. Crash Tag Team Racing - 1

These three games only have points because they were in my top ten, I'm kind of proud of that.

Top Bottom