• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow...first day of 2010 and everyone is getting the good S**t ^^

from LV scarves to space jams!!! LOL

Picked up these this morning
O50Qe.jpg

The camera was clearance for $70
and the two games were $7.50 each

Went to ikea and picked up a couple storage solutions for the game room..
it's coming together nicely and will post pics once the Aspire Revo comes in!

More to come

kaskade

I went hunting for a new copy of Mass Effect. I found this at my hollywood video.

It was an original shipment copy.

2h7nn7q.jpg

DeVeAn

Found these at Toys R Us, the only ones and the Cloud was open but was okay.
2m693co.jpg

2u9iys8.jpg

156r01t.jpg

35jxvsm.jpg

Awesome art book!!!

enewtabie

Picked up Torchlight on Steam
Got a Xbox Wired controller for the PC and the 4 Christmas BD
Then got the Castlevania Rebirth Wii Ware game.:D

001-16.jpg

002-14.jpg

003-10.jpg

005-7.jpg

006-6.jpg

xenix

New purchases this year. Bought it today. 3 BDs for the price of 2.

5ebyoz.jpg

2w3wb40.jpg

jq6kvn.jpg

inFamous at the price of Platinum/Greatest Hits

2rnfqpx.jpg

And better late than never...

2wh4km0.jpg

ChryZ

xenix said:
New purchases this year. Bought it today. 3 BDs for the price of 2.

City of God Bluray[IMG][/QUOTE]
OMG, how is the transfer of City of God. Can you comment on the PQ, audio options, region code (just B or A/B/C)?

Mohonky

Don't usually participate in these so figured maybe I should even if my purchases are anorexic compared to many (and most were on Steam for obvious reasons);

2hoclq9.jpg

11rvpdh.jpg

ampf6q.jpg

kittoo

Cretinously credulous
Yes Boss! said:
Damn,

New year.

Happy New Year everybody! Still 40 minutes away here in CA.

Not much happening for me since I'm gone for most of the year but I've got one of my favorite movies from this decade arriving soon. Here are my favorite pick-ups from december.

YRF blu-rays (including DDLJ):

P1030315.jpg

Happy new year mate.
How is the quality of older movies on Blu-Ray? DDLJ for example?

Mohonky

kittoo said:
Happy new year mate.
How is the quality of older movies on Blu-Ray? DDLJ for example?

Can't speak for the movies he picked up but the quality of older movies on BluRay depends on the condition of the original print, what quality it was to begin with and how well they've transfered it to BD.

Some new movies have looked bloody terrible yet I whack BladeRunner in mine and I think it looks absolutely amazing.

xenix

ChryZ said:
OMG, how is the transfer of City of God. Can you comment on the PQ, audio options, region code (just B or A/B/C)?

PQ = Excellent. You can see noise though, but it's expected when you transfer from 35mm film. I also detect very little edge enhancement. I can't make real screenshots since I only have a PS3.
Audio = DTS-HD MA Portuguese & French.
Screen = 1.78:1 Widescreen.
Region = According to the package B only.
Extra's = None.
Subtitle = Dutch & French.

ChryZ

xenix said:
PQ = Excellent. You can see noise though, but it's expected when you transfer from 35mm film. I also detect very little edge enhancement. I can't make real screenshots since I only have a PS3.
Audio = DTS-HD MA Portuguese & French.
Screen = 1.78:1 Widescreen.
Region = According to the package B only.
Extra's = None.
Subtitle = Dutch & French.
Thank you, much appreciated.

This morning, on a whim I decided to heading into the local blockbuster to see what I could find and there was Kirby Super Star Ultra for $10. Thus the 2010 year long adventure for frugal purchase continues. edit: ahh, much better photo

110kq5t.jpg

burgerdog

1zfqttx.jpg

Got ACII day 1, Monitor a few days after Thanksgiving, and Star Trek and Inglourious Basterds in the middle of December.

elohel said:
oohh shiiiit V10?!

how she be?

She is excellent. No dead pixels, no problems. The only problem is that my PS3 decided to die :lol. Waiting on the coffin from Target warranty. I still have the Wii to put on it though :lol and HD cable to help break it in besides slides, but I'm keeping viewing short so far.

Ichigo

Here is the left overs from the Holiday

The wife got me this beer from our local Iron Hill Brewery. It's pretty awesome and the glasses complete it.
263vuvs.jpg

A new pair of Tigers
1fidjr.jpg

Games and my first arcade stick for some SF IV
28uir0o.jpg

New book and movies
23wqgw1.jpg

And the media dock for my Droid
xqkidu.jpg

Mohonky said:
Don't usually participate in these so figured maybe I should even if my purchases are anorexic compared to many (and most were on Steam for obvious reasons);

EpicLightUpSamus.jpg

That Samus statue is AWESOME. Where did you find that treasure?

elohel

demosthenes said:
She is excellent. No dead pixels, no problems. The only problem is that my PS3 decided to die :lol. Waiting on the coffin from Target warranty. I still have the Wii to put on it though :lol and HD cable to help break it in besides slides, but I'm keeping viewing short so far.

lucky lol

the s1 i just got has one messed up pixel

bummer about the ps3

break in slides? the solid color slideshow thing?

Here are my first pickups of 2010...

DJ Hero, got it for only $70 with a $30 Best Buy GC, and really love playing it, going to buy the DLC, and hopefully more DJ games are coming
4239762538_42379d99a3_m.jpg

My favorite 3 pickups for 2010 so far, NSMB Wii($40), Valkyria Chronicles($20 at Gamestop), and Dead Space Extraction($20 at Gamestaq)
4238988059_6d749c0fa7_m.jpg

Here are my other 4 games, I have been eyeing all of them for a while and picked them up pretty cheap, Pure($10), Call of Juarez: Bound in Blood ($13), Red Faction: Guerilla($16), and Prince of Persia: Sands of Time($6).
4239762624_4ca1cfd35a_m.jpg

Spent about $200, and really happy with my purchases so far!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom