• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yes Boss!

Thumbs up _dementia!

kittoo said:
Happy new year mate.
How is the quality of older movies on Blu-Ray? DDLJ for example?

Happy new year and sorry I did not respond earlier. Yes, the quality of DDLJ is fantastic. Negative grain and lens focal aberrations have all been faithfully retained (thank god). Saturation is likely better than anything since the mid-nineties release print and far, better than any revival print or existing print still in rotation. Image quality of the bluray is available here and here. Very much worth the purchase on blu-ray even if you have the DVD. I mean, it is DDLJ...one of the few perfect movies...right up there with things like Earrings of Madame D, Mouchette, Days of Heaven, Dekalog.

Tonight I picked up Shatter based upon GAF hype. Seems pretty good so far from the few minutes I got to play around with it.

P1030451.jpg

Got a new Memory Stick for my PSP, Okami, Flower, sun and rain, Simple Series vol.105: The Maid and a couple of a sort of dorayaki cause i was hungry after long walking
20100105.jpg

LRB1983

Banned
Three magician come to my house a little soon.
New Radio Alarm Clock iphone/ipod compatible
Jy4S9.jpg

iHUG3.jpg

hZbbA.jpg
eTPRo.jpg
T1oU2.jpg

A new Bluetooth headset+headphones for PS3&PSPGo&SonyBravia
dEAkT.jpg
OUIrE.jpg

And 16GB M2 for PSPGo.
oc67L.jpg

Kowak

Banned
LRB1983 said:
Three magician come to my house a little soon.
New Radio Alarm Clock iphone/ipod compatible
Jy4S9.jpg

how is this? i wanted it but i heard that the pre-installed pictures cant be removed so they always pop up in slideshows.

LRB1983

Banned
Kowak said:
how is this? i wanted it but i heard that the pre-installed pictures cant be removed so they always pop up in slideshows.
Just installed and I didn't try to remove them but It seems that it's not possible even with format function. But its not a big problem since you can use a memory stick, usb key or any SD as external memory and do the slideshow from there, then the "demo kid" won't be shown xD. [I use a 1GB MS Pro Duo with the same capaticy than buit-in memory]

Pick up of the year and it just started :lol Redesign of a room...

DSC08453.jpg

DSC08456.jpg

DSC08472.jpg

New paint, couch, rug, ottomans, end table, lamp, picture on the wall, shelf, car models, BR player, TV stand with a new TV (XBR8 for the win!) :D It's a new year and I'm already tapped out...:lol

Blablurn

k1rnly.jpg

It's cute and pretty funny. bought it for 4€ thanks to a special discount

mkemjd.jpg

got my promo code for the psp go. i already own LBP. and i didn't like the artic edge demo. so i donwloaded GT instead.

Been out of town since last week for New Years (and the cold that accompanied me to Disneyland has caused me to be laid up in bed) so haven't had time to post my pick-ups until now.

DS Chronicles - Got this during Amazon's sale:
IMG_1423.jpg

Some pick-up from Kinokuniya (Los Angeles) and Anime Jungle:
IMG_1428-1.jpg

Pick-ups from Kinokuniya, Book-Off, & Fangamer:
IMG_1546.jpg

Finally, an ebay pick-up (been looking for this one for a while - excellent condition too):
IMG_1544.jpg

Figure
IMG_1548.jpg

Contents of box
IMG_1550.jpg

BeeDog

Sorry for the extremely crappy phone pic, but my digi camera is dead so...:

xqkebp.jpg

Found this in a discount bin today so couldn't resist. :D Figured I actually have to finish this game this decade instead of playing a friend's copy and then giving up before even leaving the first dungeon.

ZZMitch

The last of the stuff I bought with Christmas money has come in!

Lots of gaming to be had! I got Windows 7 (To install on my Mac for gaming) and the Wii as gifts, the rest is with money I got for Christmas. Also got some Real Triggers for DS3 that I forgot to put in the picture. I can't find my camera... have to deal with the cell pic for now!
2010-01-05154613.jpg

Rctdaemon

Here's to the new year!

morepickups.jpg

Games from Christmas, plus Bayonetta which arrived today. The LucasArts games were a gift from the awesome Polk. The 26" beauty also arrived today and replaced my old dead monitor.

steampickups.jpg

From the Steam Holiday Sale

gogpickups.jpg

and expanded my GoG shelf with their sale.

Rctdaemon

ngower said:
Is that a Mac logo on the bottom left of the Grim Fandango box? If so, where can I find these!?!?!

No, sorry. The logos in the bottom left are the PEGI rating and the old "Requires 3d accelerator" logo.

LRB1983 said:
Just installed and I didn't try to remove them but It seems that it's not possible even with format function. But its not a big problem since you can use a memory stick, usb key or any SD as external memory and do the slideshow from there, then the "demo kid" won't be shown xD. [I use a 1GB MS Pro Duo with the same capaticy than buit-in memory]

You were actually able to run a slideshow directly from a flash card? I didn't see an option for that, only to make a flash card image the background. I had to manually copy the images I wanted to the internal storage to get them in the slideshow.

HUELEN10

2 words GAF...
33wv75t.png

FUCK
YEAH

GOTY 2010. Why?
It comes in a NON-FAIL box!
:D

Seriously though, the game is awesomely witchin'.

DeVeAn

Agent Unknown said:
Got today with my remaining 500 free DSi points, HIGHLY recommend it:

P4020009.jpg

Who says drug stores never have cool toys? Got this from CVS Pharmacy (they also have nice Godzilla figures and sometimes mini Mario figurines if you're lucky):

P3300007.jpg

Chilling with Protoman which I got at CVS back in '08:

P4020010.jpg
Dude those are bad ass Mega Man Figures, Are they old or can they still be found?

LRB1983

Banned
Valkyr Junkie said:
You were actually able to run a slideshow directly from a flash card? I didn't see an option for that, only to make a flash card image the background. I had to manually copy the images I wanted to the internal storage to get them in the slideshow.
Yes, I don't know if it's firmware version, but when you select a image from the flash memory, you press option button and select start slideshow. You get slideshow from there, and any of stock images or images from internal memory, it's shown.
HzOOE.jpg

41030.jpg

ZcuvR.jpg

oian3.jpg

burgerdog

35ddmqo.jpg

And that's a wrap. January best month of 2010 confirmed. Bayonetta being as a good as it and then Mass Effect 2 hitting in 3 weeks. Insane!

Maybe an utterly dumb question, but do they still use the 'wacky wheel' cases in the US? That's what's keeping me from importing Bayonetta...

4251144020_e2eaa62982_o.jpg

From left to right:

• Viva Pinata faceplate
  • Dragon Age for PS3 (friend gave it to me, unsure if I'm going to play it)
  • La Perdida by Jessica Abel (I pick up as much D&Q as I can when I go back to the states)
  • Heavy Liquid by Paul Pope TPB
  • HRAP EX-SE (all Seimitsu baby, and half off!)
  • The Walking Dead 1st Compendium
  • 50 Cent: Blood on the Sand (I'm going to 1000 this motherfucker, 50 I got you baby!)
  • Slightly off-screen, the Gamble by Thomas Ricks about the Iraq surge

4251145028_cbd4f42bd1_o.jpg

Two fine wines, one for a workplace manager, the other for a special layday. :D

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
294tke1.jpg

My new BlackBerry. Pretty slick, I really enjoy it. Using the 9700's camera for this and the rest of these pics.

fuq145.jpg

5ed9ft.jpg

My Hipster Runoff shirt. I really couldn't resist buying this. Now I can expand my personal brand even further by showing off my love of disney-fi, K-pop, shitgaze and overhyped UK core.

51a43c.jpg

Needs no introduction.

Also got a bunch of random Steam games from the holiday sale, but uh, those really don't make for an interesting pic.

DJ_Lae

All these arrived over the past couple of days, thanks to Amazon's boxing day sales (and $10 glitches in the case of Gears 2 and Halo Wars) and Goozex...albeit delayed by Christmas post. Izuna 2 was an impulse buy at $4.

e6olnc.jpg

Also needed a new monitor for my girlfriend as her old laptop died and we decided the cheapest solution (other than sharing) would be to bolt my Revo on the back of a monitor. Unfortunately, that means it's no longer doing HTPC duty.

66lysg.jpg

And a new keyboard for me, since the old one went with the Revo...its bundled wireless keyboard is one of those stupid international ones as Acer is too lazy to do English and French variants. I hate French keyboards, I keep hitting the accent key instead of shift.

2elqwps.jpg

bPod

LiK said:

Oh I want that Wesker figure.

Yes Boss! said:
New Stick for the Collection. Celebrating Mad Catz week/month so I (finally) picked up the Marvel stick!
http://i246.photobucket.com/albums/gg114/gregbuczek/P1030473.jpg

I'm still deciding whether I should get this stick; I have never touched a joystick til this year for sf4 and I'm loving the play factor of it all. Stll debating...

Yes Boss!

bPod said:
I'm still deciding whether I should get this stick; I have never touched a joystick til this year for sf4 and I'm loving the play factor of it all. Stll debating...

It is a pretty slick looking stick...and nice that it is something different. I had trouble buying it two months back because 1) I don't like comics or marvel 2) I don't like buying gamestop exclusive items or shopping at gamestop 3) never played the actual game, though I own it on both systems. But it was the only mad catz stick I still needed and I'm quite pleased with how it looks. And I wanted to "get it out of the way" before the new CES stuff drops.

Anyways, here is what I picked up today on the way home for fun. I was in the mood for a big Hollywood movie:

P1030475.jpg

Struct09

Mattlikewhoa said:
New paint, couch, rug, ottomans, end table, lamp, picture on the wall, shelf, car models, BR player, TV stand with a new TV (XBR8 for the win!) :D It's a new year and I'm already tapped out...:lol

I recently got an XBR8 as well, and love it. The PQ is out of this world.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom