• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JANUARY 2010 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HUELEN10

FStop7 said:
Hooray my first pickup for GAF

1TB Caviar Black

IMG_0261.JPG
Not a bad choice at all.

nxm6g7.jpg

1z146rl.jpg

30jipnt.jpg

- Batman: The Long Halloween. My first Batman solo trade.
- LoZ: Spirit Tracks Collector's Guide. I don't even have the game yet, but I do have the other 2 CE guides.
- A Beatles Magazine and issue 43 of Green Lantern Corps.

ymmv

Banned
nilbog21 said:
Omg where can i import this? will it work in my American PS3? Also, how is the transfer?

Save your money. The Dutch release of City of God is region free but it only has French and Dutch subtitles. Audio is in Brazilian Portuguese (DTS HD). The transfer isn't a big improvement from the DVD, it looks as good as an upscaled DVD (but that's probably because the movie was shot on a low budget). No extras at all.

ymmv

Banned
Here's all the stuff I got last month and I'm getting the feeling I'm going overboard with all of this. I bought a lot of Blu-Rays and it cost me even more than usual because I got hit by customs duties on two large orders.

qyshlu.jpg

2urtovq.jpg

28gt8qb.jpg

2ngvabq.jpg

242wlcw.jpg

2z515qo.jpg

160spdi.jpg

30us7y8.jpg

oracrest said:
Found these at a small local game store during family Christmas. Boxes and instruction manuals, $4 each!

[IMG Awesome'ness /IMG]
Holy shit... The Guardian Legend. I remember playing that game with my dad when I was younger. Nice pick up!

Edit: First time posting a pick up in here...

Just bought as house! Take possession on Jan.27th I can't wait!
pictures are from the walk through so the decor is not mine! Also the kid/woman in the garage are no relation to me... They are the previous owners

Housa.jpg

Planning on re staining the cabinets and installing granite counter top right away
House9-1.jpg

KaYotiX

Banned
oracrest said:
Found these at a small local game store during family Christmas. Boxes and instruction manuals, $4 each!

][/QUOTE]

OMG Journey to Silius!! My first Nes game besides Mario i ever owned when i first got the NES!!

nilbog21

Banned
ymmv said:
Save your money. The Dutch release of City of God is region free but it only has French and Dutch subtitles. Audio is in Brazilian Portuguese (DTS HD). The transfer isn't a big improvement from the DVD, it looks as good as an upscaled DVD (but that's probably because the movie was shot on a low budget). No extras at all.

Wow, Thanks!

2pzzj12.jpg

122nngk.jpg

18k5z7.jpg

- Glass display case from IKEA.
- Lenore: Noogies. Started talking to a girl about Jhonen Vasquez a few weeks ago and reminded me about Roman Dirge.
- Winnie the Pooh. Shut the fuck up. I've been in the mood for some Pooh Bear.

HooDoo

FStop7 said:
Hooray my first pickup for GAF

shepardsmall.jpg

Shepard! But... you're DEAD!

I... deadly need this. Mass effect is my favorite game of this gen, where did you find this ? I don't care about the price, I just need this.

ili0926

HooDoo said:
I... deadly need this. Mass effect is my favorite game of this gen, where did you find this ? I don't care about the price, I just need this.

Bioware/EA's official stores have them.

Heres my pickings. I got DA:O when it came out, but I was playing the Witcher at the time so I lent it to a friend and only just got it back, so im claiming it as a January pick up :p.
Also, had this 360 on layby forever, one of the last pro models sold I would imagine. I also bought Risen, which is on its way in the mail so no pictures of that lol. I buy a ridiculous amount of dvd's pretty much weekly but im not gonna bother posting pictures either.

Photo041.jpg

Photo043.jpg

Photo044.jpg

20100104.jpg

Panic Maker PS2 (500yen, brand new) - Oneechanbara VorteX 360 (1980yen) - Hokuto no Ken: Raou Gaiden PSP (950yen)
Ryu ga Gotoku 3 PS2 (950yen) - Rimo Cocoron PS2 (380yen) - Poinie's Poin PS2 (500yen)

Forsete

Warning, incoming Sonystuff (what else?) ;)

Got a recorder to "replace" (I still have use for it) my MZ-RH1, which has a few things that annoyed me. MZ-RH1

This one unlike the MZ-RH1 has built in mics and is basically only for recording (though I have seen a few audiofreaks use it as a Walkman). Flash based, 4GB internal, external via M2 or microSD, I installed a 8GB microSD-card. 96/24bit recording, though I will settle for 44/24. Windscreen has been ordered for this recorder and my external microphone.

4245538606_944a9f08e8_b.jpg

I like how the buttons light up (screen, REC, PAUSE and PLAY)
4244764975_5ae67a5174_b.jpg

Screen is showing that the 5 second pre-record buffer is full. The right channel green LED is showing, which means audio is detected (probably the shutter on the camera), it also has a RED "OVER" light warning you that the sound is too high.

Wired remote came with (the more expensive units, D1 and D50 are sold without :p )
4244766263_050d49dd77_b.jpg

These headphones were free via Thomann.de. Pretty small, puts a lot of pressure on your ears. Will probably use them though, because of the compact size. Pretty good audio.
4244765817_45bed113a3_b.jpg

Also free, battery charger for 2xAA or 2xAAA, along with 4x AA 2700 batteries. Thanks Thomann. :D
4245541716_a5886114f8_b.jpg

ngower

I fail at taking sexy pics like you all do ;_;

4246208968_51dcecba3b_b.jpg

4245433049_0dc1bc6128_b.jpg

Technically, the amp is a November purchase, but I didn't get it until today per backorder. The speakers were a December purchase, but haven't been able to use them until today. The rest are purchases I have just been too lazy to post...most are last week of December to now....DON'T JUDGE ME!

Anyhoo...

NAD C326BEE Stereo Integrated Amplifier
PSB Alpha B1 speakers
Assasin's Creed II
Radiohead - Kid A
The XX - The XX
The Best of Robert Johnson

...and only partially pictured because of my media whoring cat...:D

Animal Collective - Merriweather Post Pavilion (the first album I've purchased on vinyl, MP3, and CD!)
Animal Collective - What Would I Want Sky

everyone knows I usually wait and do massive pickup posts...but this couldn't wait...
just went to target to get some book shelves since a new year means a resolution to clean up and saw this

I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW THEY BROUGHT IT BACK!!!!
HOLLA!!!!!!!!!:D
zktFi.jpg

Sagitario

Forsete said:
Warning, incoming Sonystuff (what else?) ;)

Got a recorder to "replace" (I still have use for it) my MZ-RH1, which has a few things that annoyed me. MZ-RH1

This one unlike the MZ-RH1 has built in mics and is basically only for recording (though I have seen a few audiofreaks use it as a Walkman). Flash based, 4GB internal, external via M2 or microSD, I installed a 8GB microSD-card. 96/24bit recording, though I will settle for 44/24. Windscreen has been ordered for this recorder and my external microphone.

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4040/4245538606_944a9f08e8_b.jpg

I like how the buttons light up (screen, REC, PAUSE and PLAY)
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4009/4244764975_5ae67a5174_b.jpg
Screen is showing that the 5 second pre-record buffer is full. The right channel green LED is showing, which means audio is detected (probably the shutter on the camera), it also has a RED "OVER" light warning you that the sound is too high.

Wired remote came with (the more expensive units, D1 and D50 are sold without :p )
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4018/4244766263_050d49dd77_b.jpg

These headphones were free via Thomann.de. Pretty small, puts a lot of pressure on your ears. Will probably use them though, because of the compact size. Pretty good audio.
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2699/4244765817_45bed113a3_b.jpg

Also free, battery charger for 2xAA or 2xAAA, along with 4x AA 2700 batteries. Thanks Thomann. :D
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2679/4245541716_a5886114f8_b.jpg

What camera did you use to take those pics?

Got today with my remaining 500 free DSi points, HIGHLY recommend it:

P4020009.jpg

Who says drug stores never have cool toys? Got this from CVS Pharmacy (they also have nice Godzilla figures and sometimes mini Mario figurines if you're lucky):

P3300007.jpg

Chilling with Protoman which I got at CVS back in '08:

P4020010.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom