• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

b.e.r.g

OnkelC said:
P1040760Large.jpg

FUCK YEAH!
Now THAT is a TV :D LED, full HD, 100hz, 55"... jizz

Desiato

Apologies for the low quality pic, the only camera I have is the shitty one on my mobile phone.

2lsiq7d.jpg

Now I just need to find Shadow of the Colossus somewhere at a decent price...

Ramune

inner-G said:
If you happen to have a PS3, check out ps3mediaserver.

Plays all kinds of .mkvs for me, no problem. (and free!!)

Danielsan said:
I've heard of such a devise.
The PS3 thanks to the PS3 media server. :D

edit: beaten

Do any of you know how to get this working on a Mac?

HUELEN10

Kai Ozu said:
AUUUUUGH!

Seems everybody's copy of Project DIVA has arrived but mine! Hope the wait isn't too much longer. Not that it matters, as I need my 3k replaced, but still, it would be nice to have.

Enjoy it man!

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
my LG CRT monitor went bye bye this morning so i bought this cheap Acer 19" LCD ..well least i can go internet with widescreen now ..

3729017973_ee4e55a738.jpg

3729019049_8c07740385.jpg

Blablurn

OnkelC said:
The Samsung is a 1080p/24 machine, the Pioneer is a 720p set.
Samsung has 55" while the Pioneer is 43".
The Samsung rates among the best LCDs currently on the market and I wanted to try LED LCD with the local dimming tech out.
The Pioneer is still an impressive piece of kit and will serve me well as the new bedroom TV.

now it's time for a ps3, onkelc!

SonComet

elohel said:
wait the LED tvs are better than a pioneer plasma? or is that one not a plasma?

plasmanoplasma?

i still thought pioneer plasma was better no?
A 2004 pioneer is awful compared to the newer LED LCDs. I'd still prefer a new pioneer 9G Kuro to any lcd though I have to say the led models do have very very nice performance indeed. The 2005 models were a pretty major upgrade in contrast for pioneer, but nowhere near the performance of the 2007/08 Kuro models.

Intentor

Neo Member
dsc00702kpa.jpg

GTA IV Special Edition with Edge subscription for a nice price (even already having GTA IV I couldn't let this bargain pass away - I tried on the launching to get this edition but, living in Brazil, it's very difficult and EXPENSIVE...)

dsc007062.jpg

Game development and design books for studing purposes.

Madds

Totobeni said:
my LG CRT monitor went bye bye this morning so i bought this cheap Acer 19" LCD ..well least i can go internet with widescreen now ..

Uh... Do we want to know what that goo is in front of the monitor? :lol

Tiduz

Eurogaime
313kdj7.jpg

255 with 2 games pack (Kungfu Panda and Legio Indiana Jones lolololol), but..... its a falcon, hope that wont bite me in the ass.

HUELEN10

Tiduz said:
313kdj7.jpg

255 with 2 games pack (Kungfu Panda and Legio Indiana Jones lolololol), but..... its a falcon, hope that wont bite me in the ass.
I have a Falcon too. I think you're gonna be fine.

Nakazato

Totobeni said:

3729017973_ee4e55a738.jpg

Where did you get that towel/rug. Need more ravens stuff

Anso

Gamestop sale in Sweden wasn't as good as the US one but decent enough to make me pick up four games, upping my collection of PS2 games to a total of 152. While I was there I bought three movies too, can't complain when it was 3 for 2. Also, scotch.

pickup2.jpg

Dead or Alive
Dead or Alive 2: Birds
The Royal Tenenbaums
A bottle of Grant's
S.L.A.I.: Steel Lancer Arena International
- Sequel to Phantom Crash, a game I ALSO need to pick up.
Taito Legends
- Sadly missing the art card. I'm willing to buy this for a $ or two if someone has it.
Freak Out (with alternate box art)
Ecco the Dolphin: Defender of the Future

Dynamic3

Dell has a 15% off coupon until the end of July or Aug. with free shipping (which you can Google). So it's $340 + tax and you can get the Halo3/Fable2 bundle. Now that I think about it...

Kai Ozu

Drame said:
How's the Atelier Roronoa?

It looks super sharp, but it has some slowdown issues when more than 3 characters are on screen. But it's still a really cute little rpg.

JustAnotherOtaku said:
You have great taste! This looks like my usual monthly buys :)

How is PS2 Trigger Heart btw? I have it on Dreamcast and XBLA but the high price of the PS2 version put me off. There's a new story mode and new character right?

Trigger heart also has slowdown =( The reason the game is so expensive is because they didn't print that many copies. And yeah, they added a bunch of new characters.

Kai Ozu said:
Trigger heart also has slowdown =( The reason the game is so expensive is because they didn't print that many copies. And yeah, they added a bunch of new characters.

Aw really? :( That's pretty crappy. Do the new characters play much differently to the standard ones?

Balboa

15559qh.jpg

Stealth Buzz Lightyear with missing front visor and possibly broken wing mechanism, just like in the movies.

This is my first time posting in the Pick-up thread, now that I've finally been approved - almost two years later :( Most of the pickups were in July, but some were from the end of June :D

A bunch of PS2 games I had missed out on, and a copy of FFXII found on sale to replace my older one.

3729620521_b34b373344.jpg

DS RPG extravaganza. I'd been living in the UK for the past year (for grad school), hence the UK cases mixed in with the North American ones.

3730420506_0369190ae5.jpg

The most comfortable cords ever (Polo), the perfect tuxedo pants (Hugo Boss) to go with a dinner jacket, The Corrupting Sea, and Enter the Babylon System. From what I've read so far, they're both very well-written books - but then again, I'm a classicist and gun nut, so... :lol To the right is my Yorkie's stupidly expensive heart worm preventative medicine.

3729625575_2c525aa44b.jpg

Tod's drivers in bordeaux. 'Nuff said. :D

3729628115_f96dc0df69.jpg

eXistor

Bitchin' poster of Vigo. I'm probably gonna print it again, I'm not really happy with the quality. You can't really tell on this picture, but the original file was way clearer and it's printed on photopaper and not glossy posterstuff.

The Harry Potter games I got for a grand total of €8,- I've never played one before and I know they'll probably suck, but I'm in kind of a Harry Potter mood these last few weeks. RE2 is got for €4,- I'll probably never even play it, but I thought it would be nice for the collection.

DSC00336.jpg

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
eXistor said:
Bitchin' poster of Vigo.
IMG]http://i997.photobucket.com/albums/af99/eXistor_2009/DSC00336.jpg[/IMG]

source?
I have one that's 3600x5760 (2.66MB), but it's a little too compressed for my liking.

eXistor

alr1ghtstart said:
source?
I have one that's 3600x5760 (2.66MB), but it's a little too compressed for my liking.

It's the same one. I've actually ordered another one from a professional printing place a few minutes ago, I'll post that here when it arrives and I'll say if it's better quality or not. On a regular postersize the quality seems fine to me. I printed 2 Monkey Island posters that weren't as high a resolution and they came out perfectly.

ShogunX

gamese.jpg

Decided it was time to add a few essential pieces to my PS2 and PS1 collections. Did not come cheap at all but then they are all mint :D

Anso

Shogun PaiN said:
-picture-

Decided it was time to add a few essential pieces to my PS2 and PS1 collections. Did not come cheap at all but then they are all mint :D

You're my kind of gamer. Got all of those games except Castlevania and my DDS2 isn't the collector's edition. Also, speaking of that, where's the box and the soundtrack that were supposed to be included? :O

ShogunX

Anso said:
You're my kind of gamer. Got all of those games except Castlevania and my DDS2 isn't the collector's edition. Also, speaking of that, where's the box and the soundtrack that were supposed to be included? :O

I got the soundtrack in its own case containing 6 art cards but no fancy box :(

Ive been had!

Top Bottom