• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Nikon D40
Red Faction Guerrilla
Forza 2
Hitman Blood Money
BF: Bad Company
SMT: Devil Survivor
Chrono Trigger
DS Lite
Various Comics
Ken Burns Jazz collection

The award is my certification from the Student Leadership Training Program as a Leadership Trainer (100+ hours of training).

Last edited by a moderator:

Chorazin

ShallNoiseUpon said:
Nikon D40

Every time someone gets a D40, I post this pic I took on the first day I owned one:

2854490654_00b9d890f0_b.jpg

LOVE THIS CAMERA!

Desiato

CiSTM said:
Is DB origins any good ? I have seen few gameplay vids and it looks kinda cool game but does one have to be huge DB fan to enjoy it ?
It's very similar to Phantom Hourglass, if you've played it. If you don't like Dragon Ball though, you might get bored quick. It can be repetitive in places.

ngower

ShallNoiseUpon said:
DSC_0110.jpg

Nikon D40
Red Faction Guerrilla
Forza 2
Hitman Blood Money
BF: Bad Company
SMT: Devil Survivor
Chrono Trigger
DS Lite
Various Comics
Ken Burns Jazz collection

The award is my certification from the Student Leadership Training Program as a Leadership Trainer (100+ hours of training).

How do you like the D40 so far? I intended to pick it up yesterday but in my previous post explained why not. Is it nice and easy to get going or is there a bit of tinkering before it's functional. Also, I'm assuming that pic was taken with it?

ngower said:
How do you like the D40 so far? I intended to pick it up yesterday but in my previous post explained why not. Is it nice and easy to get going or is there a bit of tinkering before it's functional. Also, I'm assuming that pic was taken with it?

I love it. I read the manual before I even started tinkering with shooting modes and settings and all of that stuff. Wasn't at all. If you are familiar with camera terms and stuff, it should be very easy. Yes, this was taken with it.

A few books. Done with the first two, half-way through Dune atm.
Picture049.jpg

Neotokyo soundtrack (very nice Source mod, very very nice music )
Picture040.jpg

Incase EO Collection Messenger Bag. Its hard tell anything in the picture but this bag is Supreme Swanky.
Picture041.jpg

Alucrid

Banned
DSCN1264.jpg

Vinyl, starting from top left in clockwise rotation.

Portugal the Man - Satanic Satanist
Portugal the Man - Censored Colors
Anthony Green - Avalon
Circa Survive - On Letting Go

Then an iPod touch 32gb, because...

DSCN1265.jpg

I got a Macbook Pro! I also bought some clear game cases to replace mine that were damaged or covered in stickers (damn you gamestop!). They're so nice I'm thinking about replacing my entire collection with them. I also bought FD:AC complete with the FF XIII demo. Can't wait for that to arrive in the mail, I'll be posting a picture of that as well.

enewtabie

Made a gamestop run today. Taking advantage of the Buy 2 get 1 free. I also got Star Wars the Force Unleashed on 360(beat it already,but I want to play the DLC coming) .The problem is I need some cover art ,but I have no idea how to print it..

005-3.jpg

Backflip

Anso said:
Nice! How much did you pay for Space Channel 5 Part 2? Been eyeing that for a while.

About 35 euros.

As for Dragon Ball Origins, it's a cool game. I'm not sure if a non-Dragon Ball fan would like it though.

Manus

shirt.jpg

jeans.jpg

print.jpg

Shirt from Urban Outfitters.
Jeans from Express
And finally got my Egyptian print that I picked up from Cario framed.

Anso

lutherjw said:
I seriously don't get it. It's already been done and done better ... did you guys react like this for the original?

Basic comedy: Repeat a joke many times. Leave it for a while. Get back to it again with a twist!

Watch Seinfeld/Monty Python :3

BrettWeir

Not the actual TE, but plexi from Arthong at SRK.
Valkyria Chronicles (finally)
SotC
NDS Lite and Pokemon Fire Red for my son.

Dark Hai mesh ball
Black mesh ball
White mesh ball

22222.jpg

mileS

I wouldn't put lotion all over my new macbook screen just to make a joke that has been beaten to death already but hey who cares right? :lol

ngower

Funny how things work out, my mom got me the D40 as an early birthday present!

Took a pic of my cat, he's not new....well he's sorta new, but not a July pick-up. February pick-up.:D

3733623816_a8146af50c_b.jpg

HUELEN10

I am not gonna take a picture of it for obvious reasons, but instead of getting my copy of Project DIVA in the mail, I got a fucking subpoena!

BROOKLYN RAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!

After the whole SonyStyle.com fiasco. The only game they sent me from my order was Goldeneye which was $3 bucks. :lol
golden.jpg

I've been spending way to much on psn.
1943.jpg

crash.jpg

flock.jpg

moon.jpg

And don't anyone waste their money on this crap like I did.
punisher.jpg

YagizY

All of the following were $5 from the Hollywood Video/Movie Gallery sale:

P1000634.jpg

P1000630.jpg

P1000633.jpg

And these are my new babies. I got them as an early birthday present from my parents:

Sennheiser HD 25-1 II's
P1000629.jpg

HUELEN10 said:
I am not gonna take a picture of it for obvious reasons, but instead of getting my copy of Project DIVA in the mail, I got a fucking subpoena!

BROOKLYN RAAAAAAAAAAAAGE!
Take a picture of your subpoena... but with jizz all over it. :lol

YagizY

Enjoy the games! You should scope out any other Hollywood Video's or Movie Gallery's if you have any in your area. One of the stores around me had a crappy selection but another one had like 15 games I wanted.

YagizY said:
Enjoy the games! You should scope out any other Hollywood Video's or Movie Gallery's if you have any in your area. One of the stores around me had a crappy selection but another one had like 15 games I wanted.

Yeah. I have one more in my area that I'll definitely be stopping into.

dumbass_

Banned
Chorazin said:
Every time someone gets a D40, I post this pic I took on the first day I owned one:

2854490654_00b9d890f0_b.jpg

LOVE THIS CAMERA!

This shot looks amazing for a cheap camera like D40 i been looking for a good camera for a while now!

I can get it New for 400$~ from amazon with the 18-55mm lens should i get it or is there other better options? i rather not spend more than 500$~

I would like to have the original picture if you have it please and what lens did you use?

YagizY

I dont know about that. My hollywood video had bags that said gamecrazy on them and they had a couple of signs that said gamecrazy on them but their is no sign outside saying there is a gamecrazy at that location. I heard most people visited gamecrazy and it wasnt going on there but my store was doing the sale. It's worth a shot.

YagizY said:
I dont know about that. My hollywood video had bags that said gamecrazy on them and they had a couple of signs that said gamecrazy on them but their is no sign outside saying there is a gamecrazy at that location. I heard most people visited gamecrazy and it wasnt going on there but my store was doing the sale. It's worth a shot.

Yeah I'm gonna head over there when i get the chance, hopefully as soon as possible, whens it end??

Top Bottom