• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

YagizY

Patriotsbball5460 said:
Yeah I'm gonna head over there when i get the chance, hopefully as soon as possible, whens it end??

No idea, some say it might end monday though. But I don't know how much truth their is to that.

Beq

Neo Member
FOOTE said:
Pictures002.jpg

New 60" Mitsubishi DLP, blows my old Tv out of the water for sure.

Nice man, some people want a flat screen, but if you have the tiny amount of extra space for a DLP, they totally blow LCD's out of the water for price-performance. I have a DLP myself, and I wouldn't trade it for an LCD anyday.

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Got the TE Stick
6500_238955090603_873115603_8095776_790458_n.jpg

6500_238955095603_873115603_8095777_795004_n.jpg

Also Blazblue, you can see the reflection of the screen on the stick =P. A year of Live... oh and like 4000 Ms Points.

drakesfortune

Directions: Pull String For Uninformed Rant
lutherjw said:
I seriously don't get it. It's already been done and done better ... did you guys react like this for the original?

I'm playing super paper mario right now. You kind of remind me of Francis.

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
Slightly pricey month for me, but we're gearing up heavily for our business. It will be really pricey in a few months, when we drop cash for two new computers, and a new professional level camcorder.

Taking the pictures with this, but compressed them to get smaller size:

3734722212_62f1978958.jpg

3733923043_7987c98f99.jpg

Picked up two of these enclosures at Micro Center. They have 120 GB drives in them. One is for basic computer storage, the other is for photography. 2 x 500 GB drives are for video and music, but those are older.

3734722332_42e95cb95a_o.jpg

Best keyboard I've ever purchased. Very happy with it. Very, very rock solid.

3733923121_496f1bc6a9.jpg

White is mine, black is the wife's. We had Invisibleshields for our old iPod Touches, and were very happy with them, so opted to get the full bodies for our phones.

3734722524_6e78c46583.jpg

Never had in-ear headphones, but the wife got some Panasonics to try a couple days ago. Later that day, after trying hers out, I had to get some. I'm a fan of Sony's headphones, so I opted to get these at Target. Very happy with them.

3733923029_4dffac356c_o.png

3734722120_0b412060d8.jpg

Tetris because the wife wanted it and Mevo based off of John Davison's suggestion on Listen Up! It's actually pretty decent. A little short, but fun enough.

Last but not least, I'm waiting on this to get to my house. Ordered it off of Sellout.Woot.com earlier in the week for $119. Originally was $400 from what I know, and the reviews have been pretty stellar across the board. I love Woot.

FOOTE

Beq said:
Nice man, some people want a flat screen, but if you have the tiny amount of extra space for a DLP, they totally blow LCD's out of the water for price-performance. I have a DLP myself, and I wouldn't trade it for an LCD anyday.

Thanks! I've been wanting to upgrade my old 32" LCD for a while, and I definitely agree that for the price/performance DLP was the way for me to go. Plus, I just wanted a big assed TV, and for only $1300 it's a no brainer for me.

rockmang15

Neo Member
Woo, I can finally post in this thread. First one is from June, but I wanted to share it anyway.
DSC03616.jpg

Freaking great man! welcome to the club! Any other pins? Where did you pick it up from? Love to Elevator playfield part

HUELEN10

Beq said:
Don't DLPs have the absolute worst upscale lag?

jaxmhd.jpg

A few LTTP-types. Never played Lock's Quest before, and I'm gonna try finish up the original Phoenix Wright soon so I can move onto this one. Elite Beat Agents... cleared it before, but this is the first time I actually "bought" it. *cough* Aaaand, Dr Mario. Was a fiver, but in fantastic condition, even had the little Club Nintendo card in it. Couldn't say no. Sure, you can probably get that cheaper, but to me it's still a bargain, even if my mind still thinks it's 1991.

First post here, my summer pick ups.

First, games that are supposed to hold me until early september:

Transformers is for the lulz. I didn't pay it. Call of Juarez is a gift from Ubisoft.

New sound system for the PS3:

New slippers:

For strange reasons, the most comfy slippers in the store were the ugliest and yet, the cheapest ones.

New sunglasses with polarized glass. It's shutting down the HDR IRL (reflections) and colors appears in higher contrast. Gotta love them, driving when it's very sunny feels right again.

And two new shirts:

Even if I got them free (thanks Microsoft and Activision) they are pretty damn awesome. Red Faction fans should understand

DeepFriedMuppet

Neo Member
pickup01.jpg

Probably going to be my two most watched Blu-Rays.
Ratchet & Clank was cheaper than the download version and I got a nice box!

pickup02.jpg

Mario Vs. Donkey Kong was pre-owned.
360 controller was going cheap and I needed another replacement. God, the build quality on those things is terrible.

rocket.jpg

Rocket Riot is really cool, despite some ridiculous difficulty spikes. There's also literally no one playing online which is a shame.

keyboard.jpg

Just the keyboard is new (and lovely). Actually the Coke glass is new too. Free with two 2 litre bottles!

ckeur

These are pretty much June/July pickups. I'm on a 10 week study abroad trip, so I decided it was time for some handheld love.

P1020981.jpg

• DSi
  • Big Bang Mini
  • Chrono Trigger
  • Elite Beat Agents
  • Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings
  • Grand Theft Auto: Chinatown Wars
  • The World Ends With You
  • Worms Open Warfare 2

P1020983.jpg

• Crisis Core: Final Fantasy VII
  • God of War: Chains of Olympus
  • Wipeout Pulse
  • 4GB stick as my 1GB was too small for ... Final Fantasy VII

P1020982.jpg

Being in the UK = cheaper EDGE. But I'm beyond tempted to get a subscription when I'm back in the US. I really like the magazine.

I also picked up a Panasonic DMC-FX500 camera for the trip, not pictured.

ngower

Stunning, certainly a conversation starter!

I've owned one watch in my (somewhat short) life and I just can't see the functionality of owning one in a time where just about every electronic device has a clock.

With that said, if I were rich and wore fancy suits, I'd buy a watch purely for aesthetics. Still, your watch is ridiculous, how much?

Maximus.

Long time pickup post reader first time finally being able to post in this thread :)

23tjngz.jpg

I finally got a 160gb ps3 with uncharted
got killzone 2 for free with the ps3 and got the ps3 for 450
the dark knight on bluray(absolutely stunning :eek:)
monster hdmi cable
mgs4 limited edition
socom with ps3 headset for 40 bucks
ps3 bluray remote
got a warranty for ps3 and a free warranty for remote

Got all this cauz my xbox has died 3 times so decided to get the ps3 :(

Maximus.

haha my bro got it from his work the cable was like 200 and he got it for 100 haha watever he wanted to pay for it :p

First post, and I've been dying to use it in the pickup thread:

Won a nice little auction for something I've been dying to have for a while now
IMG_0221.jpg

Heading out Monday to see if I can get a new plexiglass faceplate for some artwork, and have a nice clear Seimitsu bubbletop joystick ball in green coming in the mail.

Also a couple cheap games to add to the PS2 collection:
IMG_0223.jpg

I'd been looking for R&C for a while now but everyone Ive found had been Greatest Hits, so this was pretty good, and ATV2, just cant mess with the best. Also Mega Man Anniversary is going to need to get worked on before I even attempt the sadism found in Mega Man 9.

F

finskninja

Unconfirmed Member
hwbcd3.jpg

Bioshock themed tshirt[/QUOTE]

That shirt is awsome where did you get it from if i may ask?

Fraull said:
Got all this cauz my xbox has died 3 times so decided to get the ps3 haha.

lol we already had a hdmi cable for the 360 but he surprised me by gettin the most expensive cable he could find i know he wont settle for less. some people eh :p hahaaha

hahaha believe me i was speechless wen he told me he got it BUT he wanted it so i have no say lol

haha my bro got it from his work the cable was like 200 and he got it for 100 haha watever he wanted to pay for it :p

haha lol

F

finskninja

Unconfirmed Member
Shiv47 said:
Woo, I can finally post in this thread. First one is from June, but I wanted to share it anyway.
DSC03616.jpg

! damn i remember spendning a lot of money on that one, a really nice one.

EmuMan

Neo Member
Fraull said:
lol we already had a hdmi cable for the 360 but he surprised me by gettin the most expensive cable he could find i know he wont settle for less. some people eh :p hahaaha

so..... sad....

DoubleTap

Ninja Scooter said:
got an snes controller around to compare it to?

unfortunately no. my Super Famicom is in storage and it doesn't even come with the stock controller anymore. I have an ascii pad with it.

first impression I got was that it seemed bigger than i expected. Going from what I can remember, I tried it out with SF Turbo and the D-pad feels like a SNES controller (even the texture/finish). I can pull off moves no problem. I'm sure glad I bought it.

Top Bottom