• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

smyrrt.jpg

$40 of iTunes cards for my sister,
2X 1600 MS Point cards.
Not pictured: 2x $5 Target giftcards. Gonna pick up another 1600 point card tomorrow with the 2 $5 ones I have.

Forsete

Sold my A-series and got the new X-series 16GB.

3735871254_741fcffa9c_b.jpg

3735871286_6714dc7b58_b.jpg

First time I'm using noise-cancelling headphones, works very well. OLED <3

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Forsete said:
Sold my A-series and got the new X-series 16GB.

3735871254_741fcffa9c_b.jpg

3735871286_6714dc7b58_b.jpg

First time I'm using noise-cancelling headphones, works very well. OLED <3

I really want one of those, but I got an iPod Touch about 7 months ago D:

I know I technically already posted it, but some whore shots because I can:

drmario2.jpg

drmario1.jpg

Didn't think you still found Nes games in this condition. Shame the Gamestation price sticker left a ring on the front of the box :( :(

HUELEN10

Android18a said:
I know I technically already posted it, but some whore shots because I can:

drmario2.jpg

drmario1.jpg

Didn't think you still found Nes games in this condition. Shame the Gamestation price sticker left a ring on the front of the box :( :(
homer-drool.gif

PRECIOUS VENUS

fily

Banned
DeepFriedMuppet said:
360 controller was going cheap and I needed another replacement. God, the build quality on those things is terrible.

You're serious? What hell...? I find it hard to believe that you are civil with your controllers than, because they are actually built with very durable plastic, and can take quite a beating. Even my body, who is very messy with food and plays while eating all the time, his controllers are still kicking it strong. I think he's even drop one in one of his big mugs, and it's still kicking (although a bit sticky, I try not to touch 'em).

The only time I've seen one break is with my other friend who's got a bad temper, and he threw it through his apartment wall. Not joking, there was hole. I'll try finding the picture of it.

DeepFriedMuppet

Neo Member
fily said:
You're serious? What hell...? I find it hard to believe that you are civil with your controllers than, because they are actually built with very durable plastic, and can take quite a beating. Even my body, who is very messy with food and plays while eating all the time, his controllers are still kicking it strong. I think he's even drop one in one of his big mugs, and it's still kicking (although a bit sticky, I try not to touch 'em).

The only time I've seen one break is with my other friend who's got a bad temper, and he threw it through his apartment wall. Not joking, there was hole. I'll try finding the picture of it.

I bought a new one because the sticks wore out and got loose on my main pad, but I've never had a 360 controller that there wasn't something not quite right with it, even straight out of the plastic. My first one, the left bumper was way too low compared to the right. Another, the right trigger scraped the side of the case ever so slightly, but incredibly annoyingly. And this new one the A button is way spongier than the others. There's just no consistency in the manufacturing. It isn't even an issue of how well I treat them.

hank_tree

Sorry for the iphone Pics.

Signed photo of Matt Berry from The IT Crowd (won in a competition).
IMG_0031-1.jpg

I am going to Japan in a few weeks and thought I should try and know at least a few phrases before I go over.
IMG_0499.jpg

Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days + DSi. (European DSi charger works on Japanese DSi in case anyone is curious).
IMG_0503.jpg

IMG_0504.jpg

IMG_0501.jpg

Persona 3 Special Edition
IMG_0506.jpg

IMG_0507.jpg

Gyakuten Kenji Special Edition
IMG_0505.jpg

Ipod Case
IMG_0508.jpg

Some Books

IMG_0502.jpg

IMG_0498-1.jpg

IMG_0500.jpg

hank_tree

I was really torn between getting that DSi or the Gyakuten Kenji one as they both came out around the same time and I couldn't justify buying two. I'm really happy with it. My regular DSi is getting no use now but I'm keeping it for DSiWare, just in case.

hank_tree said:
I was really torn between getting that DSi or the Gyakuten Kenji one as they both came out around the same time and I couldn't justify buying two. I'm really happy with it. My regular DSi is getting no use now but I'm keeping it for DSiWare, just in case.
I prefer black to white, when it comes to electronics. So I would have gone with the KH one. Although I prefer the design on the GK one.

I have been on this forum for a long time but just recently allowed to
post. This is one of my favorite threads on here and i will post my pick-ups soon.

- I picked up PS3 Prince of Persia Limited Edition for $19.99 at EB games, i think it's a great deal.

n1xzsg.jpg

Both on clearance at Toys R Us under $9.99 each. under $ 9.99 each!!!

2hfrlhk.jpg

Paid $6 for Prince of Persia and Folklore was on clearance at walmart for $15

Thank you cheapassgamer.com I love this frugality of awesome

neojubei

Will drop pants for Sony.
LiK said:
a gift from my sis and her new husband - ipod touch 32GB 2G :D

ipod_touch.jpg

AWesome :) Now I know what to buy for ya. :D

Bought Crisis Core: Zack today. Aerith, Cloud and Kingdom Hearts Cloud are next.

f2f9293b.jpg

HUELEN10

AUUUUUUUUUGH, STILL NO PROJECT DIVA IN THE MAIL!
I did get Metroid Prime and Megaman Anniversary Collection for 5 USD each though! Still, no Project DIVA...
2jg78r4.gif

Play-Asia, deliver the goods dammit!

Kagari said:
If you chose the cheapest shipping it usually takes 2+ weeks to arrive. :(

Yeah, hopefully you didn't. I'll never do that again. Took about 3 weeks for my Hakuna Matata and Aquanauts Holiday to arrive using the cheapest shipping.

Shiv47

rockmang15 said:
DSC03616.jpg

Freaking great man! welcome to the club! Any other pins? Where did you pick it up from? Love to Elevator playfield part

This is my first pin of my own, which I got from a local amusement specialty place. Would love to add a Spider-Man at some point, but that's a whole other price range.

HUELEN10 said:
AUUUUUUUUUGH, STILL NO PROJECT DIVA IN THE MAIL!
I did get Metroid Prime and Megaman Anniversary Collection for 5 USD each though! Still, no Project DIVA...

What is it with that game anyway? Not your problems I mean the game in general

barcafc

Neo Member
June Pickups:

Iphone 3GS:
n1024747403_30553086_584502.jpg

July Pickups:

t9hz7p.jpg

312u0ee.jpg

2dtriib.jpg

2uzbay1.jpg

And i got battlefield 1943 (XBLA)

I also got batteries and battery packs for the 360.

What im getting later this month:

Wii Sports Resort with Motion+
TMNT (XBLA)
Marvel VS Capcom 2 (XBLA)

Sorry about the quality/positioning of image, using 3GS so bare with me :p

Ledsen

Urban Scholar said:

From what I understand, it's a rhythm music game featuring a digital celebrity singing with a computer-generated voice. The japanese love this shit, it's all over Tokyo. My friend bought it, haven't seen it yet though.

Proc

I wonder what those verbatims are going to be used for ... ... . . . ; )

The majority of this pickup page is making me super fucking jealous lol. Some incredible post of awesome loots.

Hey people, first time posting in one of these pick-up threads... These are just a few of the things I've picked up within the last two months or so.

Rock Band 2 Fender Strat Guitar with a used copy of RB2:
dwxn39.jpg

QoS BD, FF7:AC BD, A Metal Gear Solid Art Book, and a custom drawing of Dante by a spectacular artist I met at Fanime in May. Please excuse the glare :D
sq7bx4.jpg

Star Trek cups from BK, Tokyo Marui USP airsoft pistol, and The Art of War by Sun Tzu.
chi1f.jpg

Just picked this up a few days ago at Hot Topic while at the mall.
246no8i.jpg

This is a bit random, but I had to post it because of my newfound love for Jelly Beans. I took some girl on a date and we went through the tour at the Jelly Belly factory in Fairfield, CA and bought a bunch of candy, more than half of which is now gone =(
34gvvbd.jpg

HUELEN10

Urban Scholar said:
Well, it is special in many respects, and is a sheer must for all of Miku's fans. This is a music game, with dash of Vocaloid fan-service on the side. You can even play along with your own songs!

KillerAJD

CounterSeal said:
Hey people, first time posting in one of these pick-up threads... These are just a few of the things I've picked up within the last two months or so.

Rock Band 2 Fender Strat Guitar with a used copy of RB2:
dwxn39.jpg

QoS BD, FF7:AC BD, A Metal Gear Solid Art Book, and a custom drawing of Dante by a spectacular artist I met at Fanime in May. Please excuse the glare :D

Star Trek cups from BK, Tokyo Marui USP airsoft pistol, and The Art of War by Sun Tzu.

Just picked this up a few days ago at Hot Topic while at the mall.

This is a bit random, but I had to post it because of my newfound love for Jelly Beans. I took some girl on a date and we went through the tour at the Jelly Belly factory in Fairfield, CA and bought a bunch of candy, more than half of which is now gone =(
34gvvbd.jpg
Oh man, I absolutely LOVE the Jelly Bean Factory. I've been there numerous times, and I hate leaving because it smells so good. Also, you should have tried to find RB2 at a Target near you, I saw a crap ton of copies for $10 the other day.

Gameboy415

I picked up some amazing stuff this month and now I'm happy I can finally share it with everyone! :D

Shirts from UNIQLO:
0907Shirts.jpg

Flasher Gremlin Tee - 390&#20870;
Makaimura (AKA: Ghosts n' Goblins) Tee - 990&#20870;
Goonies Sloth Tee - 390&#20870;

Books:
0907Eva.jpg

Evangelion 2.0 Movie Program - AMAZING.

Manga:
0907Manga.jpg

Deathnote #4, 8-12 - only 105&#20870; each. Got all the other books last month.
Cowa! - Funny manga by Akira Toriyama (of DragonBall fame)
SandLand - started reading it in English years ago but never finished it. also by Akira Toriyama.
Kajika - another by Akira Toriyama
Bomber Girl - read it in English back in the day. Pretty funny.
Persona #1-3 - cheap and the art looked cool so I picked em up.
Slime Mori Mori #1 - Based on the Slime games on GBA/DS
Kingdom Hearts II #4 - Still can't find #3. Argh!

JP Guidebooks:
0907Guides.jpg

Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Nintendo Puzzle Collection
Giftpia
Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days
- only 100&#20870; for some strange reason. Don't have the game yet but what the hell.
Kururin Paradise
Korokoro Puzzle Happihanecchu!
Super Mario Advance
Yoshi's Island DS

Games:
0907Sony.jpg

Sonic Dance Power 4 CD - only 20&#20870; in the junk section of a store here in Osaka. 21 super dance hits of 1995!
BlazBlue LE
Infamous

Gainax Mahjong
Neon Genesis Evangelion: Girlfriend of Steel
Logic Pro Adventure - a picross-adventure game. Quite fun and only 80&#20870;!!

0907DS.jpg

Nintendo DS Card Frame Collection Case - I ordered 8 of these and have 6 full already. They hold 24 games each but they don't snap shut, unfortunately.
(the picture on the right is just to show a full case, none of those games are new)
Dragon Quest XI DSi Slime Case - Looks AWESOME on my Blue US DSi. I get plenty of jealous stares on the train out here in Osaka! :D

0907Nintendo.jpg

Rejoice for Super Famicom - A "2-player Hip-Hop Action-RPG". Haven't gotten a chance to try it yet but it looks fun.
Shin Bokura no Taiyo for GBA - AKA: Boktai 3. Never released outside of Japan.
Zenki: Battle Raiden for Super Famicom - 2D action/platformer based on an old manga series
Mario Artist Communication Kit for N64DD
F-Zero X Expansion Kit for N64DD - I don't have a N64DD yet but I'm nabbing every disc I find in the meantime.

0907DuckHunt.jpg

1976 Nintendo Duck Hunt Electronic Game - Uses a batter powered "rifle" and a projector. Very cool.

And last, but certainly not least, here's something I picked up at the tail-end of June that I think everyone will like.......a GIANT MR. SATURN PLUSH!
0906MrSaturn1.jpg

It's simply ENORMOUS (check out my DSi for comparison) and it came in an awesome 8-bit style Escargot Express box.

Mutagenic said:

Very nice pick ups! Even better now that ADWD has a moderately safe release of February 2010. Rothfuss is good stuff as well, but he has a way to go as a writer. His style of writing freely worries me that he'll back himself into corners that big picture writers like GRRM generally handle much better. Despite that, I thoroughly enjoyed his first venture and am looking forward to the next.

hank_tree said:
Sorry for the iphone Pics.

Some Books

IMG_0498-1.jpg

IMG_0500.jpg

Hey hank_tree, curious to hear what you think of the Magneto HC. Any good? I've got Spider-man Noir and it was very average.

Also do you mind checking where the Cloak & Dagger Premiere Edition is printed in? China or USA?

Thanks!

Tonza

First time posting some pick-ups.

1om9lj.png

BlazBlue cost me alot in the end because of those sticks... :p

I did have gotten Prototype too this month.

And on the way are Street Fighter IV and a PS2 for some TotA goodness.

barcafc

Neo Member
Proc said:
I wonder what those verbatims are going to be used for ... ... . . . ; )

The majority of this pickup page is making me super fucking jealous lol. Some incredible post of awesome loots.

You know :D

Hint "Chipped 360"

A few things to have a good summer :
(Sorry for the sh*ty pictures, took them with my phone)

1ta4ok.jpg

(Finished it yesterday... can't wait for the next one !)

and this :

2whkmms.jpg

(Now I've no more money)

PS : Don't blame me yet, I'm looking for an avatar.

3roam

Neo Member
Wow some of you guys must be rich...

Well still waiting for my DS games to arrive from Play-asia...
But I got my new DSi which I will post pics of when I get the games :D

ngower said:
Stunning, certainly a conversation starter!

I've owned one watch in my (somewhat short) life and I just can't see the functionality of owning one in a time where just about every electronic device has a clock.

With that said, if I were rich and wore fancy suits, I'd buy a watch purely for aesthetics. Still, your watch is ridiculous, how much?

It was $195 at Macy's.

You're right, I was using my phone as my replacement, but my hands just looked and felt a too bare without one.

Gameboy415 said:
And last, but certainly not least, here's something I picked up at the tail-end of June that I think everyone will like.......a GIANT MR. SATURN PLUSH!
0906MrSaturn1.jpg

It's simply ENORMOUS (check out my DSi for comparison) and it came in an awesome 8-bit style Escargot Express box.
Do want!!

Fireflu

Flek said:
O hell yes!, ordered this a while back, easily my favorite manga, sooooo good

Just pre-ordered Gogo monster too :3

Also may i ask what camera you use to achieve this amazing depth of field, thanks!

I cant use the picture because it's from the ebay auction, I will take one soon, but in the biggest surprise ever, I'm finally getting an AV Famicom with 12 games.

It was an ebay auction from last week, decent price.. I got sniped and outbid badly.. only to find out the one sniping and outbidding was my g/f, it's my early birthday present :D

Top Bottom