• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

T1tan said:
Storm Shadow looks miffed at Snake Eyes. Is it because he didn't get a pet? :D I really like the figures btw.

Heh heh, that's the way it's always been and kind of gives me hope Timber will be in the movie at least briefly. :D

Figures are nice; but some of the designs limit the range of motion for the characters. Kind of sucks since uber pose-ability was the big draw of G.I.Joes. :\

Stupidly hyped for the movie. :X

Got these for $3 bucks each at a thrift store!!!! Score on the Mega Man 7. Also got SNES Chrono Trigger off of ebay. I'll post once it gets here.

001.jpg

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
EVO2009 Weekend pickups...

3741158967_72d1b3111a.jpg

Got a bunch of the leftover TEKKEN 6 posters that Namco Bandai Games was giving out for the EVO2009 tournament.

3741947174_414bac68b0.jpg

TEKKEN 6 Tattoo sleeves... neat lil' promo item. They had a Devil Jin and Raven tattoo. They look like this when applied... (lol)

3741950774_3eb8cc0568.jpg

Older EVO2007 and 2008 DVD sets that they gave out to attendees. And...

3741156683_90d608daaa.jpg

A few boxes more of them so I can give out at this week's Comic-Con event that I'm running! More info here.

3741154685_0ffc69aa8e.jpg

Street Fighter IV pin set from my friend HeartNana which he got at the Osaka Game Show last year.

And the month wouldn't be complete without...

3741155697_bb29a5caab.jpg

Another new arcade stick. This time a Ver. 2/US version of the Hori Real Arcade PRO EX.

21072009197.jpg

The Madcatz TE is old but I recently had it dual modded with Cthulhu and Imp boards. Flicking the switch to right stick puts it in PS3 mode. Also Blazblue Asian Version.

^^^
Nice pickups Markman. Is it true what they're saying about EVO '09 not getting a DVD release true? I need a hard copy of that final set. It was so intense.

fernoca

As I posted in the GB micro <3 thread.. :p
fernoca said:
Woohoo!!
DSi quality pics.. :p

21dj1nd.jpg
14wg10p.jpg

..Avatar is better than I thought..reminds me of Zelda. :) ..also got Riviera since it was just $5 and looks quite pretty.
Still have a plastic over it, waiting for a softcase I ordered.
..some of the games in the background too, but no pics handy..yet.

Allan Holdsworth said:
Not really, but I could have got it used for cheaper (about $10, I paid $16). Of course it's mostly my fault for not seeing it, but the seller could have mentioned it in the text, at least.

Hey, at least that's all that's wrong. I just got my "Like New" copy of Suikoden IV from eBay whose case seems to have lost a battle with a dog, disc with a tar monster, and then for some awful reason the disc was used to moonwalk across the tile floor. Sometimes I really wonder if they even know what they're sending.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
toasty_T said:
^^^
Nice pickups Markman. Is it true what they're saying about EVO '09 not getting a DVD release true? I need a hard copy of that final set. It was so intense.

That is correct. It'll all be on IGN Insider.

DeVeAn

HUELEN10 said:
Today was a cloudy and rainy day. It was kinda sucking too. The burner on my stove blew out, my wallet got lost, and I forgot my umbrella. Then the mailman came...
e1ad9df1.jpg

and I rushed inside.
23cc1d21.jpg

3030f5d5.jpg

477d0d7a.jpg

x2tnir.jpg

Now all I have to do is get my PSP and...
0acd8563.png

Wait a second, I sent in my PSP to Sony for replacement due to its failing optical drive, and I only did it last Friday!

GOD DAMMIT! AUUUUUUUUUUGH!
2jg78r4.gif

:lol That's life!
Is this the new Space channel 5?

Man you have horrible luck with electronics. Hope you get to play soon. Good luck.

eXistor

Gameboy415 said:
And last, but certainly not least, here's something I picked up at the tail-end of June that I think everyone will like.......a GIANT MR. SATURN PLUSH!
0906MrSaturn1.jpg

It's simply ENORMOUS (check out my DSi for comparison) and it came in an awesome 8-bit style Escargot Express box.
!

Don't these go for $200+? You don't really have space for it at your home do you? I'm willing to take it off your hands for free!

Bull

My PC only had on-board video which was fine until I tried Tales of Monkey Island. Picked up an older card for it.

IMG_1663.jpg

IMG_1672.jpg

Grabbed Monkey Island: Special Edition on XBLA.

IMG_1667.jpg

DSC01146.jpg

-Large cushion - Got this on ebay, it's filled with three cheap IKEA cushions :lol
-Xbox 360 Wireless Steering Wheel - Loving it with Forza 2 and PGR4.
-Battlestations: Pacific (360) - Never played the original, and fancied a new type of game, so far it's been great. I think the neighbours are getting annoyed of the 18inch cannons firing through my subwoofer though :lol
-Ross Kemp: The Afghanistan Box Set - Amazing documentery in two seasons following the British troops in combat.
-Kasabian: West Ryder Pauper Lunatic Asylum - Best album of the year, so far, in my ears :D
-Michael Jackson: The Collection - Had lost lots of his records through the years, so bought this box set.
-KOF Figurine - I'll add it to my collection of gaming figures :)
-Asrock Netop Ion 330 - Multimedia PC, which sports the all new Nvidia Ion graphics/cpu/sound chip, the box is tiny, about the size of a Wii. Been working great on my HDTV so far. Runs games, 1080p video and supports full surround sound.

DSC01149.jpg

The back of the pillowcase :D

feel

2isqr4.jpg

Got these Astro A40s so I could have cranked up 5.1 surround sound without bothering my family and neighbors. Games and Blu-rays sound truly amazing in these.

Anso

Some new stuff arrived by mail today, woo! I'm a huge Armored Core fan and with this I'm just one game away from a complete Armored Core PAL collection. Mana Khemia is just hot in general.

pickup3.jpg

Finance

Banned
Letters said:
Got these Astro A40s so I could have cranked up 5.1 surround sound without bothering my family and neighbors. Games and Blu-rays sound truly amazing in these.

good luck 10 years from now when you cant hear.

Flek

Banned
Finished my first custom stick .. full sanwa mod and custom art this baby is a 1 piece le now <3 and gosh i love it :D

3743048367_3d633b88b7_o.jpg

ngower

3743918492_bdd527036f.jpg
3743126425_bf36aaeca2.jpg

Wanted to pick up some of the Blu Rays but all they had in stock were "El Norte", "The Man Who Fell To Earth" and "For All Mankind", none of which really grabbed me. I wanted Seven Samurai but it seemed some people had already been through their stock as most of what was worth grabbing was gone. Was tempted to get Fear and Loathing, but as silly as this sounds, I'd rather read the book first. Hopefully this sale does well and they go for one again sometime in the future.

UNDERSTAR

Banned
ngower said:
3743918492_bdd527036f.jpg
3743126425_bf36aaeca2.jpg

Wanted to pick up some of the Blu Rays but all they had in stock were "El Norte", "The Man Who Fell To Earth" and "For All Mankind", none of which really grabbed me. I wanted Seven Samurai but it seemed some people had already been through their stock as most of what was worth grabbing was gone. Was tempted to get Fear and Loathing, but as silly as this sounds, I'd rather read the book first. Hopefully this sale does well and they go for one again sometime in the future.
Is this sale going on for all Barnes & Nobles?

Arucardo

crackdown001.jpg

Couldn't resist getting it after seeing the cover art in a topic here a few days ago :lol also the fact that I paid 12 euros for it helped. It's not region locked and everything is in english so it's all good.

Blablurn

Arucardo said:
crackdown001.jpg

Couldn't resist getting it after seeing the cover art in a topic here a few days ago :lol also the fact that I paid 12 euros for it helped. It's not region locked and everything is in english so it's all good.

are you guy who saw the game for 6 months at his local game shop (gamstop?). if yes, i remeber your post at the cover art thread :lol nice purchase indeed!

abombb

Banned
Arucardo said:
crackdown001.jpg

That's awesome:lol He's skinnier in Japan

Monroeski

Unconfirmed Member
The Take Out Bandit said:
Heh heh, that's the way it's always been and kind of gives me hope Timber will be in the movie at least briefly. :D

Figures are nice; but some of the designs limit the range of motion for the characters. Kind of sucks since uber pose-ability was the big draw of G.I.Joes. :\

Stupidly hyped for the movie. :X
I would say that having any hype whatsoever for that stinker is pretty stupid. :D

ngower

aphoushole said:
I hope you know what you're getting yourself into.
:lol I'm very much aware (and slightly scared) of what to expect.

UNDERSTAR said:
Is this sale going on for all Barnes & Nobles?

I'd imagine so. An e-mail was sent to me and the website has the sale as well. I've not heard of any stores not doing it. If you're unsure, call your local store or just buy them online.

Top Bottom