• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Gintoki

DSC06239.jpg

DSC06243.jpg

Got The orange box for ~17$ and right next to it was portal for ~20$. :O

hank_tree

memecomplex said:
Hey hank_tree, curious to hear what you think of the Magneto HC. Any good? I've got Spider-man Noir and it was very average.

Also do you mind checking where the Cloak & Dagger Premiere Edition is printed in? China or USA?

Thanks!
No problem. Just checked and Cloak & Dagger is printed in China.

Magneto Testament is very good. One of the best Marvel comics I've read in a long time. Has very little to do with Magneto really (He doesn't use his powers to beat Hitler or anything). More of a Schindler's List type thing. Highly recommended. The art is a little weird at first but I got used to it (It's nothing like the cover).

red shoe paul said:
I want your Hudson counter! Where and how did you get that? :O
Got it on Play-Asia. It was only like $10 or something. It's cool but a bit too big. It comes with an alternate skin as well.

Rimshot

So this month has been quite a lot for me. Poor wallet ;_;

BenQ G2412HD 1080p screen

Shoes

Valkyria Chronicles

TBA Blazblue

Might post screens later, just have to get my thumb out and do it ^^;

xenix

Been quite busy the last few months. But these are my purchases for today.

17r0o2.jpg

When I saw this, I gotta have it (no matter the price!)
2u7w35y.jpg

Nicky75X

Banned
First time I've ever played a Siren or Trauma Center game, so far so good, and they were very cheap so couldn't pass them up. Also picked up EA Sports Active as my girlfriend is into the fitness thing at the moment, but I'll also give it a try as it looks pretty good.

fondlf.jpg

psy18

companion for my new ps3:

100_3009_resize.jpg

is spamming ultimate (triangle) the correct way to play NG Sigma?
As for uncharted... I'm still adapting to analog aiming :(

DSC00195_resize.jpg

beautiful

DSC00193_resize.jpg

how do you steer in phantom? :(

DSC00194_resize.jpg

were planning to get online but maybe later...

definitely enjoying my ps3 purchase more than wii and x360.

Gameboy415 said:
0907DS.jpg

Nintendo DS Card Frame Collection Case - I ordered 8 of these and have 6 full already. They hold 24 games each but they don't snap shut, unfortunately.
(the picture on the right is just to show a full case, none of those games are new)
Dragon Quest XI DSi Slime Case - Looks AWESOME on my Blue US DSi. I get plenty of jealous stares on the train out here in Osaka! :D

0907Nintendo.jpg

Rejoice for Super Famicom - A "2-player Hip-Hop Action-RPG". Haven't gotten a chance to try it yet but it looks fun.
Shin Bokura no Taiyo for GBA - AKA: Boktai 3. Never released outside of Japan.
Zenki: Battle Raiden for Super Famicom - 2D action/platformer based on an old manga series
Mario Artist Communication Kit for N64DD
F-Zero X Expansion Kit for N64DD - I don't have a N64DD yet but I'm nabbing every disc I find in the meantime.

0907DuckHunt.jpg

1976 Nintendo Duck Hunt Electronic Game - Uses a batter powered "rifle" and a projector. Very cool.

And last, but certainly not least, here's something I picked up at the tail-end of June that I think everyone will like.......a GIANT MR. SATURN PLUSH!
0906MrSaturn1.jpg

It's simply ENORMOUS (check out my DSi for comparison) and it came in an awesome 8-bit style Escargot Express box.

Where did you get the DS game holder from? I've been looking for something that holds a good amount of games...

Chorazin

Saw VNV Nation, Ayria, and War Tapes last night in Philly at the Theater of Living Arts. Picked up a work shirt from VNV Nation!

Front:
3738969421_bfd3e58afc.jpg

Back:
3739765552_decb559d3e.jpg

Have some pics from the show here and some videos here.

elevature

Neo Member
nilbog21 said:
My first post on gaf :D

2cmtbtc.jpg

Excellent choices. I was considering buying The Last Emperor and The Hidden Fortress yesterday, but if I start collecting Criterion DVDs I'll want them all (well, a lot of them, anyway) and I can't afford that.

Gameboy415

HUELEN10 said:
I really like the cut of your jib Gameboy415, you have superb taste.

Thanks! I'll be sure to post all my future pick-ups too! :D

SlaughterX said:
Where did you get the DS game holder from? I've been looking for something that holds a good amount of games...

I heard about them on a gaming blog ages ago and got them from a Japanese Webstore (here: http://www.bellemaison.jp/ep/srvlt/...SHNCRTTKKRO_KBN=03&KAT_BTGO=809237_250_2009_A )

It's 2790円 for 2 holders, but they're apparently only available until July 24th....?

HUELEN10

Today was a cloudy and rainy day. It was kinda sucking too. The burner on my stove blew out, my wallet got lost, and I forgot my umbrella. Then the mailman came...
e1ad9df1.jpg

and I rushed inside.
23cc1d21.jpg

3030f5d5.jpg

477d0d7a.jpg

x2tnir.jpg

Now all I have to do is get my PSP and...
0acd8563.png

Wait a second, I sent in my PSP to Sony for replacement due to its failing optical drive, and I only did it last Friday!

GOD DAMMIT! AUUUUUUUUUUGH!
2jg78r4.gif

:lol That's life!

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Enough of all those extra artwork .jpg/.gifs. And why are there Microsoft point card pictures that are thousands of pixels in size?

bPod

S6001007.jpg

RealTriggers for my white ps3 controller
S6001009.jpg

...thinking of getting another pair for my silver controller

Finally able to get a hold of Starscream, looked high and low for this figure. Thanks Bro!
S6001006-1.jpg

HUELEN10 said:
Today was a cloudy and rainy day. It was kinda sucking too. The burner on my stove blew out, my wallet got lost, and I forgot my umbrella. Then the mailman came...

Wait a second, I sent in my PSP to Sony for replacement due to its failing optical drive, and I only did it last Friday!

GOD DAMMIT! AUUUUUUUUUUGH!
2jg78r4.gif

:lol That's life!

:lol That sucks! It's like the day before Brawl came out I had to send my Wii to Nintendo for fixing. Luckily I could play it on my brothers system.

jergrah

Went to Hawaii (Big Island - Kona) for a week long vacation
8s4.jpg

One of my sons hanging with 4 turtles on a black sand beach on the southern tip of the island
u6e.jpg

Picked this up just a bit ago on my lunch break
h89.jpg

I also snagged a copy of Red Faction for $44 at Frys yesterday, need to take a picture though.

suffah

Does maths and stuff
Decided to dual mod my TE stick.

Cthulhu and Imp boards unassembled:

IMG_1961.jpg

Boards soldered together:

IMG_1962.jpg

My workstation, finished soldering cables. Works brilliantly!

IMG_1963.jpg

Also, the tip of my headphone broke off in my MBP! Replaced it with this awesome Neutrik plug:

IMG_1965.jpg

Jinjo

First pick-up post. :D

28lqbn4.jpg

fbb448.jpg

2872jhj.jpg

Toyota MR2 2.0 16v GTi Twin Cam with targa roof. Buildyear is 1990.

Also bought a new mountainbike since my old one was pretty beat up.

28v3iwi.jpg

Love it already.

I don't have pics of these yet, but I also recently bought Tales of Vesperia and Street Fighter IV. Got SFIV in a clearance sale for only 25 euros.

Dougald

Jinjo said:
Toyota MR2 2.0 16v GTi Twin Cam with targa roof. Buildyear is 1990.

My girlfriend would approve - she has a (95 or 96? I forget) MR2 and loves it to bits. I drive a Smart car. Go figure.

Cagen

PC version of The Secret of Monkey Island - SE
IMG_1332.jpg

Red Faction Guerrilla
IMG_1342.jpg

PS3 version of Battlefield 1943
IMG_1339.jpg

BioShock inspired T-shirt
IMG_1343.jpg

Oakley jacket
IMG_1333.jpg

Stock DK Helio
IMG_1340.jpg

Perry Bible Fellowship Almanack - PBF Comics
IMG_1337.jpg

Replacement Microsoft Habu
IMG_1330.jpg

nny

HUELEN10 said:
and I rushed inside.
23cc1d21.jpg

When I saw that pic, I thought the conclusion to your story was that the PSP case came with no game, the last in a list of bad things that happened. Glad it didn't P

Jinjo

Dougald said:
My girlfriend would approve - she has a (95 or 96? I forget) MR2 and loves it to bits. I drive a Smart car. Go figure.

That girlfriend of yours is a keeper. :D

Me and my dad were looking for a nice coupe. He had been eyeing a few MR2's from before and after 2000. I managed to persuade him to go for a 90's MR2. It's the better looking one (imo) and it being sportier than its younger brother helped my case too.

Amory

picked up an asus 23.5" LCD monitor for $170 :D thanks newegg. also, loving operation anchorage. yep, i'm lttp on the fallout 3 dlc

IMG_0157.jpg

also a couple tee shirts

IMG_0159.jpg

old generation ipod shuffle, but I love the blue. also, super mario galaxy guide, mostly for the pretty pictures. thanks to a glitch in the system at best buy, it only cost me a single penny, and the cashier didn't bother questioning it :lol

IMG_0160.jpg

Some new Round 5 MMA Figures
MMA.jpg

Crimson Gem Saga for PSP...Awesome game btw
CGS.jpg

Techincally last month, but will post now...Autographs from Miguel Torres, Brian Bowles, and Joseph Benevidez
Autographs.jpg

Some new Mighty Muggs
Mighty.jpg

So I bought Elebits DS from eBay "Brand New" and...

11vo9co.jpg

So I went to look back at the auction and no mention of a hole in the UPC, but there's a pic of the back... crap. I honestly didn't see the hole, otherwise I wouldn't have bid on it. I asked for a partial refund of 5USD but the seller doesn't want to, says he will refund me completely if I send it back. Problem is that it was an international transaction, so who knows how much it'll cost me to ship it back to the US. If the seller paid me for the shipping I would gladly do it >_>

Am I screwed for being blind? (why would it have a hole in the bar code anyway?)

kylej

Banned
Allan Holdsworth said:
Am I screwed for being blind? (why would it have a hole in the bar code anyway?)

Is this going on display on your coffee table? Put it on the shelf dude who cares.

neoism

$30 in gas
Been craving butterfingers so I got a lot of them
Second pair of headphones for my cousin
and a 10K COD
to lazy to post pics!

Allan Holdsworth said:
So I bought Elebits DS from eBay "Brand New" and...

It's a promo copy he got for free from the publisher. Most publishers destroy the bar codes on games, CDs, DVDs, etc. when they send them out or sell them internally to employees on the cheap. They punch thru with drills, use a hole-punch on the bar code, or just scratch it out. It's an effort to stomp out people from reselling and making a profit.

It's totally new, just swap out the case if it bothers you so much.

kylej said:
Is this going on display on your coffee table? Put it on the shelf dude who cares.

Not really, but I could have got it used for cheaper (about $10, I paid $16). Of course it's mostly my fault for not seeing it, but the seller could have mentioned it in the text, at least.

Team Klimt said:
It's a promo copy he got for free from the publisher. Most publishers destroy the bar codes on games, CDs, DVDs, etc. when they send them out or sell them internally to employees on the cheap. They punch thru with drills, use a hole-punch on the bar code, or just scratch it out. It's an effort to stomp out people from reselling and making a profit.

It's totally new, just swap out the case if it bothers you so much.

Ah, ok, didn't know that, thanks for the explanation.

VGChampion said:
If anything, buy some empty DS cases. You can find them out on the Web.

I see they are on sale on the Nintendo Store, but they only ship to USA/Canada. I can use a redirector or whatever they're called, but at that point they wouldn't be so cheap. If you know a place that ships directly worldwide and are the same cases (or same quality) than the ones Nintendo uses, please send me a link.

Fucking terrible. I bought eight G.I.Joes today. Toys R Us is running a sale where the movie figures are two for $10 instead of $6.99-7.99 a pop. I'm too retarded to live.

nomorejoes.jpg

Also bought a game for a console I'm waiting on price drop for. :lol :lol :lol

:(

Allan Holdsworth said:
I see they are on sale on the Nintendo Store, but they only ship to USA/Canada. I can use a redirector or whatever they're called, but at that point they wouldn't be so cheap. If you know a place that ships directly worldwide and are the same cases (or same quality) than the ones Nintendo uses, please send me a link.

Ahh didn't know that. I'll keep my eye out if I ever see anything.

T1tan

Neo Member
The Take Out Bandit said:
Fucking terrible. I bought eight G.I.Joes today. Toys R Us is running a sale where the movie figures are two for $10 instead of $6.99-7.99 a pop. I'm too retarded to live.

nomorejoes.jpg

Also bought a game for a console I'm waiting on price drop for. :lol :lol :lol

:(

Storm Shadow looks miffed at Snake Eyes. Is it because he didn't get a pet? :D I really like the figures btw.

Cagen said:
Perry Bible Fellowship Almanack - PBF Comics
IMG_1337.jpg

I like PBF, but I can't support artists that do this shit. "Hey I just released a book a while ago, and now I'm gonna release a new one! But instead of making it only include strips that weren't in the first book I'll make it have the whole first book and more! Making the money you spent on the first volume a total waste!"

Top Bottom