• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

I haven't posted in these threads since December. I guess I've been too lazy. Ah well...

2dkg2ls.jpg

Got the 360 Pro 60GB Bundle as a late Christmas present in January. Got SF4 and NG: DS in February.

9jfa4y.jpg

Some summer stuff. Used a $10 Target gift card I got at school to get Jungle Beat. Received DOA3 from Paco via the "FREE to a good home" thread (Thanks! :D ). And of course BlazBlue is the only game I actually got in July.

Mark, can I please have some free stuff? My b-day was yesterday and nobody got me anything. :(

Steven_Jitters said:

I remember playing this game constantly since my uncle let me borrow it. It was one of my first big games as a kid. I always had trouble getting past the 2nd dungeon in the swamp b/c I didn't know what a Stalfos, Pols Voice, or Keese was at the time :lol

Ecto311

2vrtjtg.jpg

Great deal at game stop for $9.99 new in the wrapper. Might keep in the plastic because getting something in this condition from game stop new is very rare.

2vn0wuo.jpg

Pikmin was from the amazon sale of the day and Coraline is for the wife.

1565ye9.jpg

A few games I missed out when they came out from another gamestop sale.

Not pictured is the $20 bionic commando new from gamestop. Man that game is awesome for the price. I would have been happy paying full price for it.

slider

First time pick-up post so excuse me if there's anything untoward. I just went for one composite pic... although it seems people like the close-ups.

a5f5e0.jpg

The Sheild series 5 and 7 (I have the others and can't wait to tuck into 7).
inFamous, PS3 - finally, been waiting weeks for this.
Deadspace, PS3 - can't believe I haven't played this yet. Let's hope it breaks Warhawk's hold over me.
Planet Earth, Nature's Great Events, Wild China (hoping there are lots of pandas!), Yellowstone and South Pacific Blu-rays. I've got a couple from the series still missing but I'm hoping they turn up soon. I should really check what titles they are...
Grave of the Fireflies DVD.
M83's Saturdays = Youth CD.

Should be enough to keep me out of trouble for a while.

JDeluis

I finally get to post in this thread. This is my favorite thread on gaf.

UPS came by today and left me my amazon order.

IMG_6161.jpg

Madcatz Street Fighter TE Xbox 360. (Sale $135)
Built 20 ounce tote.

Tigel

First pick-up post as well!

IMG_0056.jpg

The Secret of Monkey Island Special Edition: Not very far, but I'm enjoying it alot.

IMG_0055.jpg

Man on the Moon: some reading material
Watchmen Steelbook: watching it tonight, can't wait to see the extended footage
Home soundtrack: awesome music from an awesome documentary
The Final Break: just watched it. Pretty barebone disc (no extras except for 2 deleted scenes), but the "film" itself is quite alright

Yami

First pickup post; just like some others!

23rad8i.jpg

Bit late picking up COD4 and SCIV, ArcadeMania I've had for a few weeks, only properly read it the other day. Picked up a month's Live as well

jrvhg6.jpg

Dream Theater's latest album, it's not bad.

hwhag1.jpg

CKY's Carver City, an excellent album, I was worried it wouldn't live up to the others; in fact it's done better.

2usfvr4.jpg

And Transformers Universe Sideswipe, just because.

hesis

Neo Member
First pick-up post! Finally...er...picked up a 360 a couple weeks ago (maybe sooner, I lose all track of time in the summer! :D) Since then I've picked up Fable II as well.

DSC04051.jpg

DSC04052.jpg

hesis said:
First pick-up post! Finally...er...picked up a 360 a couple weeks ago (maybe sooner, I lose all track of time in the summer! :D) Since then I've picked up Fable II as well.
Welcome to the club brother:D

Guess Ill make my first pick up post too.

Edit: Forgot to resize.

BF1943 - meh
1zn3a7p.jpg

Monkey Island - I love this game, if LucasArts doesnt bring TOM to live ill be pissed!
54vknk.jpg

Kodu! - played with it for hours I love it.
106klsn.jpg

Creative Recreation Cesario
fz2k3l.jpg

Some Reeboks
214b0vo.jpg

Hp Laptop - kinda old, but its got 1.25 gb of memory and it was free
2sb7sdl.jpg

PhoenixSFT said:
I remember playing this game constantly since my uncle let me borrow it. It was one of my first big games as a kid. I always had trouble getting past the 2nd dungeon in the swamp b/c I didn't know what a Stalfos, Pols Voice, or Keese was at the time :lol

Me and you alike... Friends always barrow my games but I never let anyone touch my Link's Awakening. It was also my first big game as well. I was around 5 or 6

MrBeggar

DoctorWho said:
Where does a person acquire such a treasure chest?
Thanks for the nice comments fellow Gaffers.. I thought I'd give back since I got alot of inspiration of how to do up my condo from here..
but yeah DoctoWho:
I bought it from urbanbarn.com
I've seen alot of ottoman's but in terms of size/quality and to match my current leather furniture this was the best choice.

Picked up Metal Gear Solid 2 for £2 online. To my horror, when It arrived in the post a couple of days later, my dog had ripped to shreds the casing of the game. There's a minor scratch on the disc and was all working fine up until today, where the game freezes at a certain codec moment.
My dog owes me £2

34j4v48.jpg

PhoenixSFT said:

I'm amazed I beat it without a guide when I was younger. I think I just tried every combination to defeat those enemies at the time. I'm headed to the 7th dungeon and there are several items I needed but didn't have at that point and how I figured to get them all around ten years ago is beyond me.

ngower

Cant0na said:
i wanna read that book.

heard steven cohen on World soccer daily podcast talk about it as "the best thing that came out of becks coming over here and wasting everyones time"

I'm five chapters in and it's good so far. The first three chapters were really good but the last two I've read have been very repetitive.

photo3-2.jpg

1998 Honda Civic

not the nicest or newest car in the world but it gets almost triple the gas mileage of the 98 Grand Cherokee Limited I have been driving for 2 years

Finance

Banned
n8NMONSTER said:
Got these today:

3744647928_3a6fcdf706.jpg

Coraline and Watchmen.
hey you have any advice in getting those white bestbuy stickers off?

my brother usually orders his blurays from amazon, like he did with watchmen which hasnt arrived yet. but he went and picked up the T2 special edition at BB today and they stuck that sticker on a paper cover just like on your two movies.

Yes Boss!

Whoops, forgot I got this while I was away in San Francisco. Picked it up from Cosmic Bus in the the Buy/Sell/Trade thread...a super resource! Image is exquisite. Anybody who thinks the blu-ray is about as equal as the old Media Asia DVD is either crazy or has a shitty TV.

P1010501.jpg

kylej

Banned
GodfatherX said:
photo3-2.jpg

1998 Honda Civic

not the nicest or newest car in the world but it gets almost triple the gas mileage of the 98 Grand Cherokee Limited I have been driving for 2 years

Get rid of those Altezza tail lights and you have one very clean Civic right there.

IrishNinja

neoism said:
Stuff from JUNE!
1zzt5hv.jpg

awesome, i just discovered uyama hiroto last month or so while searching for things like the nujabes.

nothing this month unless i can pull off some XBL points for Sam & Max/Monkey Island, though Call of Juarez looks tempting.

Anso

Lonesome_Raod said:
Wild Arms V got a UK PAL release. Several stores stocked it around here when it released.

With English box art and all that? Would love a screenshot of it since I have heard otherwise. I realize many might have stocked the import version but I think it was the same way with Ar Tonelico and Rule of Rose, both never made it to the UK because of various reasons. 505 Games ftw.

USF

Modern Warfare II Poster

21f0fwj.jpg

60GB Pro Jasper + RE5 + Wireless Controller + HDMI cable
all for £169 (Amazon UK)

vmvfcj.jpg

Anso

Anso said:
With English box art and all that? Would love a screenshot of it since I have heard otherwise. I realize many might have stocked the import version but I think it was the same way with Ar Tonelico and Rule of Rose, both never made it to the UK because of various reasons. 505 Games ftw.

Actually I did even more research and it seems a few UK retailers got Wild Arms 5. There's still some confusion what release that was since many claim the manual was in english/spanish and similar stories. I've yet to see an english-only game.. Ah well, still worth my money, just like Ar Tonelico.

Goidil

Something for Xbox and Xbox 360. Call of Duty 2 is definetely one of the best FPS I've ever played.
333a7oo.jpg

Ridge Racers and Monster Hunter Freedom Unite with an "unoffensive" dragon
15ow7es.jpg

La Rabbia by Pasolini and Guareschi. A very interesting movie of 1963 divided into two parts. "La Rabbia is a strange film composed entirely of documentary material. I did not shoot a single frame. Most of it is made up of extracts from newsreels, all of which are banal and reactionary. [...] My idea was to offer a marxist denunciation of the society and events of the time"
10dw2tf.jpg

Rent a Hero n.1, Astroboy Omega Factor and others games for Game Boy, Dreamcast and Superfamicom.
68cx9i.jpg

The last game I bought for Nintendo DS was Pokèmon Diamond, so I decided to buy some games for this console.
14vfgl.jpg

neoism

IrishNinja said:
awesome, i just discovered uyama hiroto last month or so while searching for things like the nujabes.

nothing this month unless i can pull off some XBL points for Sam & Max/Monkey Island, though Call of Juarez looks tempting.
:D :D Yes, I discovered him this January, love this album to death. Also nujabes is probably one of my most favorite artists ever!:D

Top Bottom