• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

luka

Loves Robotech S1
Accelero XTREME cooler for my 4870x2:
4hbm02.jpg

dhg60x.jpg

This thing is amazing. I idle at 40C now and it's almost completely inaudible.

Seimitsu modded Madcatz SE + new TE and Seimitsu stick:
2vu0uhk.jpg

Gamez and moviz:
osab1w.jpg

2bzjhx.jpg

2eygd44.jpg

Les Paul cherry sunburst and Vox amp:
33m4ky0.jpg

1087gd5.jpg

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Since I got the cheap Space Bucks a while back, I picked up allot of XBLA a few weeks ago and never posted about it. So my XBLA for the past month or so

-Virtual On OT
-Garou
-KOF98UM
-Worms 2 Armageddon
-Xplosion Man
-Banjo Tootie
-BF1943

shintoki said:
Since I got the cheap Space Bucks a while back, I picked up allot of XBLA a few weeks ago and never posted about it. So my XBLA for the past month or so

-Virtual On OT
-Garou
-KOF98UM
-Worms 2 Armageddon
-Xplosion Man
-Banjo Tootie
-BF1943

Garou and KOF98 will keep u going for ages - esp if you have an arcade stick...so much fun...

bozeman

Sew said:
Stylophone!

ipostapicwithoutreadingthreadtitle.jpg

Stop giving us new juniors a bad name!

Anyway, first post in this thread for me. Not the most amazing pick ups, but some good deals I've found over the past couple of days...

pickup2.jpg

Picked up 3 points cards at Target to take advantage of the deal where you get a $5 gift card for every points card you purchase. I might buy a couple more before the deal goes away. Gotta have lots of points for Turtles in Time, MvC2, Shadow Complex, plus lots of things I've passed over. Plus I find that I do rent HD movies more than I thought I would.

pickup1.jpg

Went to the mall to get dinner tonight and walked into Gamestop just because. I found a bin of used games with a 50% off sign. Picked up Metal Gear Solid 2: Sons of Liberty, Onimusha 1 & 2, Gran Turismo 3, and MVP Baseball 2004 (which I probably won't play...I played it a ton on Gamecube but then sold it back...I just want it for the Albert Pujols cover). The 50% off also stacked with the Edge card. Grand total for these 5 games: $8.35. Not too bad, I'd say. I mostly missed the last generation due to being broke, so anytime I can find some of the "must haves" for the PS2 on the cheap, I try to take advantage of it.

Sorry for the shitty cell phone pics, btw.

Sew

I'm sure you can do a fine job of that yourself.

I actually took "real pics" to mean "don't post dreamy pics of things you don't own". Ah well.

HUELEN10 said:
You have no idea! I have like 15 vids as favs on YouTube. Luckily though, I have the good news that SCEA has just shipped me a BRAND SPANKING NEW PSP 3000! I guess they didn't have refurbs/didn't give 2 shits to fix it?
:D But yeah, the game is awesome, and I am happy that at least some of us are having fun with it right now!

Ah wow, having a new PSP to go alongside the game is even better! :) Yup, having a lot of fun, unlocking costumes is very addictive! :D

I got my first order from the Deep Discount sale.

Star Trek The Original Motion Picture Collection and Batman both on Blu-ray.
df9h93.jpg

Samurai Champloo Complete Series.
347cvuv.jpg

Death Note Boxsets Volume 1 and 2.
2nlzead.jpg

calza

2nlbrb7.jpg

Used Zune - £57
Björk Voltaïc - £30
Cinema Ticket for The Hangover - £4.70
Bus Ticket - £4.80
and a subway for lunch - £1.99

Spent too much today and then when I got home my Zune had arrived... not in a box with no cables or anything. So i've had to order a cable from Hong Kong so thats another £1.20

LRB1983

Banned
LiK said:
where'd you order from? i was thinking of redwolf.
I got it from here: http://www.leopard.es
I had to wait about 2 month (since I saw some other Neogaf poster with it XD) but now It's on stock - In Spain we don't need any license for non-modified Airsoft guns (I think that in UK is needed)
This is the modified version (red colored) that seems a toy gun:
a75ea91d7bbee92c1f43bbbaafafef22.jpg

Drame

From DS RPG madness to PSN madness!

Phew what a week!

july5.jpg

WipEout HD Fury Pack, haven't got around playing this yet as it starts to be pretty late here, and I wan't to blast some tunes with this baby. I'll just have to wait till morning!

july4.jpg

Shatter, same deal as WipEout HD. Tomorrow shall be devoted to gaming!

Also got the Crystal Chronicles demo, which I somewhat enjoyed, so that might be my next pick-up.

hank_tree

Iphone pics again :(

Comic Day.

IMG_0510.jpg

Ronan Kennedy's "What is it?". Only 20 copies printed. This baby is number 18.

IMG_0511.jpg

Zone of the Enders Premium Edition

IMG_0512.jpg

IMG_0513.jpg

IMG_0514.jpg

IMG_0515.jpg

This has been keeping my pants up all week

IMG_0516.jpg

Here's the loot for this month (as well as my gtx 260, which is slightly older but still new enough to count)

Song of Ice and Fire series by GRRM. After reading the first two books years ago (and thoroughly enjoying them), plus seeing GAF constantly bumping the thread and gushing all over it, I figured what the hell,might as well catch up on it. Also pictured is Dreamtheater's new album "Black Clouds and Silver Linings" special 3 disc version, which I just happened to stumble upon while randomly passing through HMV after buying the books.
0907231711000.jpg

BF1943 XBLA
0907231713000.jpg

Worms 2: Armageddon XBLA
0907231714000.jpg

and my GTX 260 (about 2 months old now)
0907231716000.jpg

0907231717000.jpg

Yes Boss!

milkham said:
no one picked up a comic-con madcatz TE yet?

I'm waiting for that too! But Comic Con is just ending so hopefully we will get some photos in the next few hours. I'd like to see the little controller too.

luka

Loves Robotech S1
skads_187 said:
Which model antec case is that? im looking to purchase one soon.

It's the antec p180. Wonderful case. Simple, clean design, great airflow, quiet, and lots of potential for cable management. Heavy as a mac truck though.

Hey all. Now that I have been finally approved I can post in the best thread on the forum. so.....

DSCF0090.jpg

DSCF0093.jpg

The dog is not a new pickup. Bea has been with me and my wife for the last year

littlekingsstoryr.jpg

Went to Best Buy, no where in site...though that was to be expected since there was no listing for it on Best Buy.com

Went to GameStop in the same parking lot and they had it. Don't worry, it wasn't a gutted copy :)

xxracerxx

Don't worry, I'll vouch for them.
July purchases so far:

All Gurren Lagann LE sets (damn DeepDiscount's bad packaging dented Vol. 2), Planetes, Samurai Champloo, A Bug's Life, Venture Bros. Season Three, and Watchmen Blu-ray.

DSC01185.jpg

BlazBlu (PS3) and No More Heroes ($18 at Amazon ftw).

DSC01187.jpg

Arkitip #51, the Shepard Fairey edition. Arkitip Intel Newspaper supplement.

DSC01188.jpg

The World Without Us....amazing so far.

DSC01189.jpg

Some Unipo figures from Unkl (http:www.unklbrand.com)

DSC01190.jpg

Some PSN / PS1 Classics:

DSC01191.jpg

DSC01192.jpg

DSC01194.jpg

DSC01195.jpg

DSC01193.jpg

That's it for now. I am sure there will be more.

Pyke Presco said:
Here's the loot for this month (as well as my gtx 260, which is slightly older but still new enough to count)

Song of Ice and Fire series by GRRM. After reading the first two books years ago (and thoroughly enjoying them), plus seeing GAF constantly bumping the thread and gushing all over it, I figured what the hell,might as well catch up on it. Also pictured is Dreamtheater's new album "Black Clouds and Silver Linings" special 3 disc version, which I just happened to stumble upon while randomly passing through HMV after buying the books.
0907231711000.jpg

Very nice! Glad to see more GRRM fans on GAF!

Top Bottom