• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF JULY Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Frawdder said:
Picked these up earlier this month. Easily one of the best shows I've ever seen.

iona4w.jpg

We have a winner! I've been putting this off as I'm hoping for a BR release...

GodfatherX said:
photo3-2.jpg

1998 Honda Civic

not the nicest or newest car in the world but it gets almost triple the gas mileage of the 98 Grand Cherokee Limited I have been driving for 2 years

I've been looking at cars recently and I've heard great things about the Civic, like it's almost invincible. I'm thinking of getting a Hyundai Accent (hatchback) though, it's a little cheaper new and gets awesome gas mileage. Anything's better than my 2000 cranberry colored Neon.

Ecto311

PhoenixSFT said:
I've been looking at cars recently and I've heard great things about the Civic, like it's almost invincible. I'm thinking of getting a Hyundai Accent (hatchback) though, it's a little cheaper new and gets awesome gas mileage. Anything's better than my 2000 cranberry colored Neon.

So you hear about a car that is awesome and go for the other one? Why not get a cheaper civic in the hyundai range? I have 3 civics and I am hard on them all. My 89 CRX si has 300k miles on it and still runs awesome. My other 2 a 1998 and 1999 civics both have over 150k and run like new. There is no way I will get anything other then a honda considering the other cars I have had and how these compare.

Y-Z

july1.jpg

First post ever. A powerball, Transformers the movie(whitch i mistakenly took for transformers 1, Valkyria Chronicles and Overlord: Raising Hell. Also a cool 2nd hand copy of woodstock 99 live.

hobdal

Neo Member
Sorry about the quality, all I had to hand was my cell phone.

Yoshi's Island DS - Bought for £12 from CEX yesterday, great little game

DSC00054.jpg

Killzone Liberation - Was meaning to pick this up for a while, caught my eye in CEX yesterday, couldn't pass it up for £5, haven't played it yet because I left my PSP at my brothers house.

DSC00056.jpg

Infamous - Love this game

DSC00055.jpg

Mattlikewhoa said:
We have a winner! I've been putting this off as I'm hoping for a BR release...

Might be waiting a while. David Simon always intended the show to be shot in 4:3 SD to maintain realism, and it was. From what I understand, it would be too much of a hassle just to upscale it to HD quality, so don't hold your breath.

Drame

I apologize for the horrendous image quality.

july2.jpg

DS RPG madness! This will be my first time playing Chrono Trigger, but right now Kingdom Hearts comes first. Got the CG version of Tales of Hearts. I really didn't want to spend 40 dollars more on the anime edition, but when I start playing, I'm sure that I will regret not getting the anime edition.

july3.jpg

New stylus and a set of screen protectors for my friend.

Nachkebia

Banned
Drame said:
I apologize for the horrendous image quality.

http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu137/Dramefinlandz/july2.jpg

DS RPG madness! This will be my first time playing Chrono Trigger, but right now Kingdom Hearts comes first. Got the CG version of Tales of Hearts. I really didn't want to spend 40 dollars more on the anime edition, but when I start playing, I'm sure that I will regret not getting the anime edition.

http://i641.photobucket.com/albums/uu137/Dramefinlandz/july3.jpg

New stylus and a set of screen protectors for my friend.

Damn, I never played any kingdom hearts game, do want.....

Sorry for the crap pics but I got Samurai Jack seasons 1-4 for less than $20 new. I got them from the Amazon Marketplace after almost spending ~$80 for them on Deep Discount.
2me94w9.jpg

Got these from new egg today. I love new egg's warehouse in Memphis makes one day shipping to St louis via UPS ground :D

Now do I void the warranty for 1 gb upgraded ram? (Damn straight!)

DSC00364.jpg

Its so small (DVD is for reference)
DSC00367.jpg

Fireflu

joeyjoejoeshabadoo said:
Sorry for the crap pics but I got Samurai Jack seasons 1-4 for less than $20 new. I got them from the Amazon Marketplace after almost spending ~$80 for them on Deep Discount.
2me94w9.jpg
You seriously have no idea how jealous I am that this never got released on DVD in the UK.

God. Damn. It.

HUELEN10

Well I got an email from Sony today... (Personal info edited duh!)
NOTICE: Do not reply to this email. For support/contact information, please see below.

Dear PlayStation® Owner,

Sony Computer Entertainment America,Inc. (SCEA) has received your system at our service facility. Turn around time for most products are 7 to 10 business days. Please note, turn around times may vary depending on your product, the type of service being done and any courier impacts.

You can check the status of your service request 24 hours a day on the Web at: http://www.us.playstation.com/repairstatus.aspx or through our automated phone system at 800-345-SONY (7669).

Your Service Request number is: W-ICANTWAITTOBOMBDODONGOS

Sincerely,

Consumer Services
Sony Computer Entertainment America
God, I want to play Project DIVA so fucking bad. You have no idea.

:(

Yes Boss!

Mutagenic said:

Quoted for highlight!

I just watched Criterion's In the Realm of the Senses blu-ray last night. Fucking unbelievable image for a movie from 1976, better than most revival prints I've seen.

Also, picked up this one on blu-ray. Nice that it doesn't use the cheapy cardboard packaging and that it doesn't say blu-ray anywhere on it (can't wait till studios drop that disgusting blu-ray packaging):

P1010512.jpg

Intentor

Neo Member
dsc00711e.jpg

BlazBlue Limited Edition (PS3) and Onimusha Essentials (PS2).

I liked the style of the LE of BlazBlue and loved the pack of Onimusha - a classical series deserved a nice collection, despite the fourth entry on the franchise is not present...

EDIT: although I liked the LE of BlazBlue, the lack of artworks inside the boxes annoys me. Why they don't put images there?! There are lots of games that ignore this... (At least all the games published by SCEA have nice artworks inside their boxes and colored manuals.)

Caprica12

Neo Member
i have not seen anyone here with this watchmen set yet :)
Photo1.jpg

comes with a DVD+digital version also
Photo2.jpg

my fav show in the world
Photo4.jpg

my babies!
Photo7.jpg

Been drooling over all of these Criterion Blu-Rays and DVDs, so amazing. The funny thing is, my library has a huge collection of Criterion films, which is great since they're so damn expensive. Just rented Seven Samurai a few days ago. :D

What I'd do to have a complete collection...

Yes Boss!

Epic Tier 3 Engineer said:
Been drooling over all of these Criterion Blu-Rays and DVDs, so amazing. The funny thing is, my library has a huge collection of Criterion films, which is great since they're so damn expensive. Just rented Seven Samurai a few days ago. :D

What I'd do to have a complete collection...

I had a full collection up to number 300 until I stopped (including all those out-of-prints like the $700 Salo) and sold them in 2005 for $7000. That said, I'm awfully tempted to jump back in and start collecting the blu-rays. Seriously, the image quality on some of these Criterion blu-ray discs are just flat-out mindblowing...like having a mini film print in your house.

Yes Boss!

Got this little book/magazine as a gift from my brother. He used to work with Jeremy and wanted to support his endeavor. Pretty fun little read.

P1010518.jpg

kylej said:
Get rid of those Altezza tail lights and you have one very clean Civic right there.
They were already on it when I bought it, actually they werent even wired properly and the reverse light bulbs were laying in the trunk

What would you suggest as a replacement? Some OEM replacements?

PhoenixSFT said:
My Civic has 208k miles on it, and the engine runs better then just about any other engine I have heard. I have the barebones DX model so I have no power windows or locks and I'm in desperate need of a security system, you can't really tell from the pic but I live in the ghetto

rataplein

My first pick up post!.
(well, i bought SOTC in june)

3346d0n.jpg

inFamous (very good!)

Shadow of the Colossus (incredible)

and 5 psx games factory sealed for... almost 13 dollars (i have to buy all of them, the seller wanted to get ride of all together) great deal i think.

Stuart Little 2 (!)
Crash Bandicoot
Twisted Metal 3
Twisted Metal 4
Bio Freaks

Ecto311

GodfatherX said:
They were already on it when I bought it, actually they werent even wired properly and the reverse light bulbs were laying in the trunk

What would you suggest as a replacement? Some OEM replacements?

Most of the time those lights come from eBay and don't even fit well. I would call around to some parts yards that let you pick your own stuff at a good price and replace them with the OEM stuff. It will fit and look great. Most of the time eBay and Honda will charge you a shit ton for the lights when parts places will let them go cheap.

You might try looking for a civic forum to join if you enjoy the vehicle that much. I have been apart of crxresource.com for a long time. The smaller forums might be slower but have a lot better knowledge then the honda-tech forums. There are a lot of idiots that think they are fast when they have far cans and nothing else.

HUELEN10

JustAnotherOtaku said:
Not to rub it in as I feel your pain but the game is awesome. Something for you to look forward to though :)
You have no idea! I have like 15 vids as favs on YouTube. Luckily though, I have the good news that SCEA has just shipped me a BRAND SPANKING NEW PSP 3000! I guess they didn't have refurbs/didn't give 2 shits to fix it?
:D But yeah, the game is awesome, and I am happy that at least some of us are having fun with it right now!

I can't wait to do this!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z0dDPs5sooM
Oh, and don't forget that AWESOME forbidden love song!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQD9MXGDkZc

BTW, I am also a HUGE Megurine Luka fan!

Glad to hear the game lives up to the hype though!

yankee666

I juts receive them today
Metallic blue Dsi, Dragon Quest IX and Kingdom Hearts 358/2

29psq5e.jpg

I was undecided between this color and the red one, so glad i picked this one up, is so sexy :D

106hnbd.jpg

1zf4or5.jpg

addoqu.jpg

epqao6.jpg

Right now im starting DQ IX, loving it so far....

yankee666

grap3fruitman said:
WTF, where can you get a metallic blue DSi? My brother kind of wanted a DSi but neither of us like the colors they have out now.
Only in Japan so far, you can import them tought. It was really the color i wanted, i already have a Ds phat silver, DSL White so i choose a color that first i liked and second i didnt own.

HUELEN10

For those thinking about importing a DSi, remember that it IS region-locked for all DSi-mode applications, including DSiWare.

AlfaTrion

This is my first post! I'm very nervous...
Here are my winnings (my wallet hurts):

My GF's uncle found these and gave them to us! I haven't tried them yet as my SNES is at my father's house.

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0173.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

My GF bought me a "reversable" spinning belt buckle in San Diego this weekend as well as super mario star sour candy. Also, one of my oldest friends got me an SSF2T shirt. My OXM came in today too.

IMG_0179.jpg

IMG_0180.jpg

IMG_0181.jpg

Earlier this month I got my new phone, the HTC G1/Dream (Rogers). I have root access but that's all I've had time to do.

IMG_0188.jpg

IMG_0187.jpg

IMG_0186.jpg

This month's Steam purchases so far.

steam.png

And finally... Today I went crazy at Best Buy using $60 in coupons/rewards certs, $95 in gift certs from Xmas/birthday and a $34 credit on my BB card. After taxes I ended up spending under $250CAD

IMG_0175.jpg

Top Bottom