• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Mafia |OT6| The Conversation is to Die for (Signups are now OPEN)

Sawneeks

Banned
But I enjoy monopolizing community with mafia threads

After all, it's not called MAFIA Community for nothing, is it?

q0Exb.gif

Sawneeks

Banned
Bakugan Mafia please.

I would prefer Chaotic Mafia or B-Daman Mafia.

I had to Google both of those but man I remember B-Daman! I had a couple of them and used to watch the show whenever I could find it on TV. Never had anyone to play them with but damn it they were cool.

I finally found the other Chaotic fan!!!!

I kid, there are more two Chaotic fans.
there's three of us!

Bakugan Mafia please.

I had to Google both of those but man I remember B-Daman! I had a couple of them and used to watch the show whenever I could find it on TV. Never had anyone to play them with but damn it they were cool.

You two
(three)
have gone up on my list. New best friends.

Sawneeks

Banned
Uh huh

Seeing a logical discrepancy.

Beyblade is the obvious answer. More metal and dangerous than ever!

You can't tell me you never used toys for things that they weren't intended for.

Beyblades to hit peoples toes.

B-Daman figures to shoot over other toys

Batman figure that also happened to be a power ranger/firefighter/police officer/bad guy/etc.

Being a Kid 101!

zeemumu

Pronoun: Male/He
Preferred games: Bloodborne Mafia/Danny Phantom Mafia
Timezone: Pacific Standard Time

For future consideration I suppose.

Gorlak

Banned
Let's advertise the Pokemon mafia to get in some fresh meat!

And I don't think anyone was being serious, but we can't have any of Digimon, Beyblade, Duel Masters and Pokemon being played simultaneously. I need to play in all of them (well maybe not in beyblade :p).

So:

6.5 Pokemon
7 Digimon
7.5 Beyblade
8 Duel Masters

Camjo-Z

i'd like to announce tamagotchi mafia for season 8.5

much like the source material, it will run for roughly one week before everyone playing it loses interest

roytheone

i'd like to announce tamagotchi mafia for season 8.5

much like the source material, it will run for roughly one week before everyone playing it loses interest

Still better then miitomo mafia that will run for 2 days before everyone drops out.

RetroMG

Building off a discussion from Bar Mafia, these roles are typically not allowed in a main season game:

Jester/Tanner - The player wins if they are lynched/killed. It was commonly decided that this wasn't fun, and it was generally agreed by the Gafia population a few seasons ago that these shouldn't be allowed.

Medium - This player has the ability to communicate with dead players. The problem here is that the spec thread can sometimes get spoilery, so dead players in any game with a medium would have to be split off into their own private dead thread, which isn't fun. Gafia seems to like a nice big combined spec thread, so Mediums are a no-no.

King - The side that the King is allied with loses if the King is lynched or otherwise killed. We've never made a hard line about not allowing King roles, but this has the potential to end a game very quickly, so it's a really, really bad idea, unless there are a lot of safeguards in place to protect the king from being killed early.

Again, these are for main season games. Mid-season is the Wild West, and those gamed don't have to be approved by moderators. (In fact, each of these roles has appeared in a mid-season game.)

Sorian

Banned
Building off a discussion from Bar Mafia, these roles are typically not allowed in a main season game:

Jester/Tanner - The player wins if they are lynched/killed. It was commonly decided that this wasn't fun, and it was generally agreed by the Gafia population a few seasons ago that these shouldn't be allowed.

Medium - This player has the ability to communicate with dead players. The problem here is that the spec thread can sometimes get spoilery, so dead players in any game with a medium would have to be split off into their own private dead thread, which isn't fun. Gafia seems to like a nice big combined spec thread, so Mediums are a no-no.

King - The side that the King is allied with loses if the King is lynched or otherwise killed. We've never made a hard line about not allowing King roles, but this has the potential to end a game very quickly, so it's a really, really bad idea, unless there are a lot of safeguards in place to protect the king from being killed early.

Again, these are for main season games. Mid-season is the Wild West, and those gamed don't have to be approved by moderators. (In fact, each of these roles has appeared in a mid-season game.)

The best way to implement a king is to not tell the player they are a king.

Sorian

Banned
I gotta admit I liked the concept of Volcano island. I just thought the execution could have been better.

It would have helped if the entire design had been done before the game started. (Love you Splinter). But yeah, the dual thread nature of the game was a great concept.

*Splinter

This post just makes me regret not including a tanner.

Unless you count kingkitty

Camjo-Z

Fool is the best role. That feel of putting your all into a game, only to lose it at the most random time to someone intentionally playing like an idiot.

RetroMG

It would have helped if the entire design had been done before the game started. (Love you Splinter). But yeah, the dual thread nature of the game was a great concept.

Let me give you all some insight into the Volcano Island Modchat.

Retro: You should tweak this mechanic.
Ouro: I'm not sure this role is a great idea.
Splinter: The game thread is up and I'm launching.
Ouro: ...
Retro: Well, at least this should be fun to watch.
(Later)
Palmer: Hey guys, I have a funny idea.

Top Bottom