• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Mafia |OT6| The Conversation is to Die for (Signups are now OPEN)

red_1466024400.png

This is where we wait impatiently to see how punctual Scrafty is.

I'm perfectly punctual, my dear.

Sawneeks

Banned
Zelda Mafia, comes out 2017.

I actually had an idea for a Zelda mafia game, among other ideas, but I am not sure that someone whose sum total Mafia experience that consists of dying on Day 1 twice and losing a game for town in a minigame is really qualified to design a Mafia game.

Heh, I also had an idea for a Zelda themed Mafia game. It could be a pretty standard run-of-the-mill game or it could also turn into 9/10 Crab scale fun house if we wanted to get extra crazy.

If either of you seriously want to run a Zelda game we should collaborate and throw some ideas around. Running a game sounds fun so why not. :p

SkyOdin

Heh, I also had an idea for a Zelda themed Mafia game. It could be a pretty standard run-of-the-mill game or it could also turn into 9/10 Crab scale fun house if we wanted to get extra crazy.

If either of you seriously want to run a Zelda game we should collaborate and throw some ideas around. Running a game sounds fun so why not. :p

I suppose I'd be down for that. I've really only started thinking about it, and I would rather work together than compete.

Sawneeks

Banned
I suppose I'd be down for that. I've really only started thinking about it, and I would rather work together than compete.

I'll shoot Retro a PM and see if we can get a board set up on OG.

L_P do you want come and throw around some ideas? You were the first one to bring it up. o:

just played ultimate werewolf at comicpalooza

Set up was 3 wolves, 1 cop, 8 villagers. Got villager. I ended up, in the 4 vs 3 lylo, figuring out 1 of the werewolves (he was the only other who was familiar, he was talking, and he wasn't dead yet). Problem was, I had accused him before, plus they framed me night 1 and 2 by killing my 2 accusers.

Defended myself saying it was an obvious frame. in hindsight, I could've pointed out that no one was defending me when wolves only needed to convince 1 villager, but I only had 3 minutes.

Sensed up getting lynched. Seer had caught the 3rd wolf night he died, which also the night lylo started. He had been faaaar too quiet, tried to stay low too much.

in any case, it was fun, although I end up in the position of lynched townie faaaar too often when I play live

just played ultimate werewolf at comicpalooza

Set up was 3 wolves, 1 cop, 8 villagers. Got villager. I ended up, in the 4 vs 3 lylo, figuring out 1 of the werewolves (he was the only other who was familiar, he was talking, and he wasn't dead yet). Problem was, I had accused him before, plus they framed me night 1 and 2 by killing my 2 accusers.

Defended myself saying it was an obvious frame. in hindsight, I could've pointed out that no one was defending me when wolves only needed to convince 1 villager, but I only had 3 minutes.

Sensed up getting lynched. Seer had caught the 3rd wolf night he died, which also the night lylo started. He had been faaaar too quiet, tried to stay low too much.

in any case, it was fun, although I end up in the position of lynched townie faaaar too often when I play live

Thanks for the report, Hyper o7

It's interesting to see how the game is played at other places, and what we can learn from other styles and communities :>

Im glad you had fun!

MattyG

Banned
I didn't have service all yesterday after that last post and this morning, and then when I finally do the day is over. Gahhhhh.

RetroMG

Folks, we've had an unusually large number of players dropping out so far this season. Obviously we know that real life takes precedence, and that's okay. But we are out of replacements.

If you are still active in a game, we would ask that you make every effort to stay in the game before dropping out.

If you have died in a game, please consider subbing in to another game rather than just going to the dead thread.

Thank you.

Mazre

Feel free to use me as a replacement, and apologies to Scrafty for the breach(es) of protocol at the end of the phase.

Because it came up in the DP thread:

And there might be another coming.

Sorry guys, I think the community is hitting a burnout phase. We're dealing with it as best as we can, and the mid-season will probably run a little bit slower in order to give people time to recharge.

Anyway, that's not talk for here. Carry on.

Interesting that this seems to be a common thing right now. In fact I'm strongly thinking about not attending S6.5 due to emerging Mafia-Fatigue... Unless there are really awesome and outside-the-box games lined up. But no worry, I won't drop out of current games :p

Ourobolus

Banned

Interesting that this seems to be a common thing right now. In fact I'm strongly thinking about not attending S6.5 due to emerging Mafia-Fatigue... Unless there are really awesome and outside-the-box games lined up. But no worry, I won't drop out of current games :p

Retro was being nice. He forgot to mention that this is basically all your fault.

Coppanuva

If only it were lined up... :(

RetroMG

We've had a lot of burnout this season, I think. To be honest, I blame myself. I had a feeling that 5.5 had gone on too long and people were fatigued at the end of Gafia 2. I intended to give the community a couple of weeks off before we jumped into the new season. But people seemed really excited, so I assumed I was just misreading the situation.

The current set of mods needs to have a more detailed conversation about this, but the general feeling right now is that the mid-season games will probably run a little bit slower and further between so we can give people who need it a little bit of time off.

Meanwhile there's also been talk about bringing back ONUW, running some live Mafia in Discord, and I think Ouro is even cooking up something special for those who stick around.

Why not make midseason just a bunch of minigames? Bring back PD, Vigilantes, lots of ONUW, it would be highly unconventional but a lot of fun and also wouldn't require super long commitments.

RetroMG

Why not make midseason just a bunch of minigames? Bring back PD, Vigilantes, lots of ONUW, it would be highly unconventional but a lot of fun and also wouldn't require super long commitments.

That's mostly what we're gonna be doing for the interim time.

Pretty much. We are still gonna run some regular mid-season games, because we've got some great stuff on tap, but we will likely be rolling those out more slowly and running mini-games in the meantime.

SalvaPot

I don't think this has anything to do with the community, or that the games are not fun. Its just the time of year, just look at everything that has happened in the last few weeks:

-Finals for lots of College/Highschool students
-Entrance Exams
-Copa America (Soccer)
-Eurocopa (Also soccer)
-NBA thingy (Basketball)
-E3 (And the new Zelda OMG)
-Overwatch.
-eSports mayors.
-Elections Shenanigans.
-Brexit.

Sophia

May join next time. Do I need to own Drawful 2 to play? I think I read something on steam that only one person has to own it. Is that correct?

Only one person needs to own it, anyone can join in through Twitch streams and a web browser.

Sophia

So I have to do nothing at all? This feels like a David Cage game.

Basically, the game takes place on two areas. You watch the game from the twitch stream and you play the game at jackbox.tv.

You get the code from someone in Discord or from the Stream itself to join in. You can play on mobile devices too even. :D

RetroMG

Nope! You just need to be able to watch the stream. You technically don't even need to be in Discord either, as the join code will be on the Stream.

Ehhh... You should be Discord or getting the code from in here. I usually turn off the stream while we get players, because if we put the code up on the stream, we tend to get a bunch of random racist Twitch jerks. Usually by the time the stream shows the code, you're too late to join as anything other than a spectator.

But yeah, if you have access to a twitch stream and a we browser, you are good to go.

Sophia

Ehhh... You should be Discord or getting the code from in here. I usually turn off the stream while we get players, because if we put the code up on the stream, we tend to get a bunch of random racist Twitch jerks. Usually by the time the stream shows the code, you're too late to join as anything other than a spectator.

But yeah, if you have access o a twitch stream and a we browser, you are good to go.

Right. Plus, the game's not nearly as fun without being in Discord anyhow. :p

Top Bottom