• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Mafia |OT6| The Conversation is to Die for (Signups are now OPEN)

Sorian

Banned
Played one at a time or will TPiR overlap?

There will be overlap near the very end most likely. If there is OVERWHELMING demand and it is not a worry at all of replacements or subs, we can run multiple together but judging from S6, I'm not holding my breath.

RetroMG

Played one at a time or will TPiR overlap?

There will be overlap near the very end most likely. If there is OVERWHELMING demand and it is not a worry at all of replacements or subs, we can run multiple together but judging from S6, I'm not holding my breath.

We will play this somewhat by ear. I actually suspect that they won't overlap, only because a lot of the game runners are wanting to be involved the the games. (cabot wants to play in Bat/Time's game, Sophia wants to be in cabot's game, and so on.) But we will see.

I appreciate your patience. We're kind of in uncharted territory. Some of the stuff that we've been doing hasn't been working as well as we would like, so we're trying some new stuff.

Sophia

I appreciate your patience. We're kind of in uncharted territory. Some of the stuff that we've been doing hasn't been working as well as we would like, so we're trying some new stuff.

unchartedm0sda.png

You can, but there are a bunch of other games fighting for slots in 6.5. That said, I know you've had this in the works for a while. We'll see how things go.

That's fine. If it doesn't make it in for 6.5 I'll push it to 7.5
and in MCU tradition, have a sequel ready for 8.5, a two-parter in season 9 and 10, and 14 more spinoffs between seasons 10 and 28.

batsnacks

Oh right I need to recruit. Okay here's everything you need to know.

This is the setup: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=C9++

It's a semi-open RNG based setup, if you played in kawl's matrix game it's kind of a similar concept to that. There's no theme or flavor it's just pure mafia.

Setup:
  • C9++

Game Specific Rules:
  • Day start
  • All phases are 24 hours
  • Plurality lynch -- you may not no lynch
  • Don't post after a day phase ends -- :59 okay, :00 not okay -- 1 warning then modkill
  • Activity requirement: 10 posts per day phase -- 1 warning then modkill
  • Don't play against wincon, this includes self voting.
  • No replacements except under unusual circumstances.

Be weary of the high activity requirement before signing up.

It's gonna be a lot of fun and you should join.

SkyOdin

Hmmmm.... I enjoyed that Matrix6 game, and this game certain sounds fun, but I am wary of the 24 hour day phases. That is quite the time commitment per day phase.

Seems like there are a bunch of people in the doctor game anyways,

Hmmmm.... I enjoyed that Matrix6 game, and this game certain sounds fun, but I am wary of the 24 hour day phases. That is quite the time commitment per day phase.

Yeah, sign me up for the game, but would it be possible for days to be 48 hours? That's still a short time, but 24 hours immediately screws someone over if they're busy for just one day

roytheone

I could see a problem with the high post requirement + short days + being in another time zone. If for example you end up being the last European in your time zone, you naturally start to post less because there is not a lot of back and forth.

cabot

Sign me up, pl0x

I could see a problem with the high post requirement + short days + being in another time zone. If for example you end up being the last European in your time zone, you naturally start to post less because there is not a lot of back and forth.

I'm playing, team yurop has no excuses.

batsnacks

I'll post full details later today. You will need at least about an hour every other day to play this game and make your 10 posts.

If you miss 1 day phase it's not the end of the world, you get 1 warning (please PM a mod if possible still), but this game (probably) won't last much longer than 4ish day phases total. If you miss more than 1 day phase that's already going to (probably) be half the game you miss.

edit so yeah just make sure you have at least an hour every other day and I'm sure you'll do fine. 10 posts isn't a lot.

batsnacks

So this is the game you should sign up for it's going to be really fun and me and Timeaisis are hosting it. It's called:

Mini Mafia I
bxMVrQC.png

"Why is it so small?"

Time:
This game starts Monday, July 25th at 5:00 p.m. EST
The game is a daystart.
Phases are 24 hours and start/end at 5:00 p.m. EST

Setup:
C9++

Facts about the setup that may be useful while playing:
- The roles in this game are randomly generated and randomly assigned.
- The role distribution can be assumed to be reasonably fair. If town is powerful, mafia will likewise be powerful and vice versa.
- 50% of all possible setups contain a Serial Killer.
- Possible non-town roles in this setup with odds:
  • 0.78125% = Goon + Godfather, Serial Killer (Investigation Immune OR 1-Shot Bulletproof)
  • 5.46875% = Goon + Godfather
  • 16.40625% = Goon + Godfather, Serial Killer (Investigation Immune OR 1-Shot Bulletproof)
  • 27.34375% = 2 Goons + Roleblocker
  • 27.34375% = 2 Goons + Roleblocker, Serial Killer (Investigation Immune OR 1-Shot Bulletproof)
  • 16.40625% = Goon + Roleblocker + Godfather
  • 5.46875% = Goon + Roleblocker + Godfather, Serial Killer (Investigation Immune OR 1-Shot Bulletproof)
  • 0.78125% = Goon + Roleblocker + Godfather
- Town roles will be a combination of ordinary townies and some selection of these town power rules: cop, doctor, vigilante, mason, innocent child, and/or roleblocker.
- Town power roles can be either 1 shot OR unlimited.
- The full process for selecting roles if anyone is interested is here: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=C9++

Mechanics:
  • Night actions resolved in this order: Roleblock -> Medic visits for the night -> KP resolves simultaneously -> Cop Checks
  • Serial Killer chooses 1-shot BP OR Investigation Immune pregame.
  • Cop checks return either Town or Mafia.
  • Doctors prevent one night kill.
  • Innocent Child is mod-revealed on the first phase.
  • Mafia Roleblocker can not Roleblock AND deliver KP in the same night.
  • Vigilante shots are refunded if Roleblocked.
  • Plurality Lynch (the person with the most votes at the end of every day phase is out) -- town may not no lynch.
  • No notifications unless they are necessary:
  • ----Players will not receive a notification if roleblocked.
  • ----Doctors will not receive a notification if their heal works.
  • ----Players will not receive a notification if they are healed.
Game specific rules:
  • Activity requirement: 10 posts per day phase -- 1 warning then modkill. You will probably need at least one hour every other day to play. The game should last a little longer than a week. Please PM a mod before you miss a day phase if possible.
  • It is considered good etiquette to stick with a game if you can. If you should require a replacement, PM a mod (DO NOT post in the thread about replacing), it will be assumed that something unplanned came up for you.
  • Please watch the time, don't post after a day phase ends -- :59 okay, :00 not okay -- 1 warning then modkill.
  • Play to win. Don't self vote.
  • Always PM a mod questions -- don’t ask them in the game thread.
  • Never reference any PM or mod question/answer in the game thread.
  • Never discuss mod decisions in the game thread -- wait till post game!
  • You may post 1 simple "gg" post if you are eliminated before the game ends -- please put "***DEAD***" somewhere in this post just to make sure no one will be confused e.g.:
    ***DEAD***
    gg everyone
    ***DEAD***

Keep in mind your posts don't NEED to be super substantial, you just need to be active and in the thread interacting with people.

If you are worried, please look at this very simple 5 post interaction that took me and Time like 5 minutes to come up with:
MafiaDad1969 said:
Hey XxSCUMHUNTERxX, I am very suspicious of you. You night killed last night didn't you!
XxSCUMHUNTERxX said:
No I didn't you're stupid why are you brandishing these lies.
MafiaDad1969 said:
I don't know why are you so defensive? Vote: XxSCUMHUNTERxX
SteveTheGreat said:
Hey guys whats going on
XxSCUMHUNTERxX said:
Nice scummy pop in STEVE. Vote: SteveTheGreat

Keep in mind most of you already post more than 10 times per 24 hours in games without realizing it, just do what you do.

Current sign up list:
1. Kawl_USC [m]
2. cabot [m]
3. Hyperactivity [m]

Palmer_v1

So this is the game you should sign up for it's going to be really fun and me and Timeaisis are hosting it. It's called:

Mini Mafia I
bxMVrQC.png

"Why is it so small?"

Time:
This game starts on <date>
The game is a daystart.
Phases are 24 hours and start/end at 5:00 p.m. EST

Setup:
C9++

Facts about the setup that may be useful while playing:
- The roles in this game are randomly generated and randomly assigned.
- The role distribution can be assumed to be reasonably fair. If town is powerful, mafia will likewise be powerful and vice versa.
- 50% of all possible setups contain a Serial Killer.
- Possible non-town roles in this setup with odds:
  • 0.78125% = Goon + Godfather, Serial Killer (Investigation Immune OR 1-Shot Bulletproof)
  • 5.46875% = Goon + Godfather
  • 16.40625% = Goon + Godfather, Serial Killer (Investigation Immune OR 1-Shot Bulletproof)
  • 27.34375% = 2 Goons + Roleblocker
  • 27.34375% = 2 Goons + Roleblocker, Serial Killer (Investigation Immune OR 1-Shot Bulletproof)
  • 16.40625% = Goon + Roleblocker + Godfather
  • 5.46875% = Goon + Roleblocker + Godfather, Serial Killer (Investigation Immune OR 1-Shot Bulletproof)
  • 0.78125% = Goon + Roleblocker + Godfather
- Town roles will be a combination of ordinary townies and some selection of these town power rules: cop, doctor, vigilante, mason, innocent child, and/or roleblocker.
- Town power roles can be either 1 shot OR unlimited.
- The full process for selecting roles if anyone is interested is here: http://wiki.mafiascum.net/index.php?title=C9++

Mechanics:
  • Night actions resolved in this order: Roleblock -> Medic visits for the night -> KP resolves simultaneously -> Cop Checks
  • Serial Killer chooses 1-shot BP OR Investigation Immune pregame.
  • Cop checks return either Town or Mafia.
  • Doctors prevent one night kill.
  • Innocent Child is mod-revealed on the first phase.
  • Mafia Roleblocker can not Roleblock AND deliver KP in the same night.
  • Vigilante shots are refunded if Roleblocked.
  • Plurality Lynch (the person with the most votes at the end of every day phase is out) -- town may not no lynch.
  • No notifications unless they are necessary:
  • ----Players will not receive a notification if roleblocked.
  • ----Doctors will not receive a notification if their heal works.
  • ----Players will not receive a notification if they are healed.
Game specific rules:
  • Activity requirement: 10 posts per day phase -- 1 warning then modkill. You will probably need at least one hour every other day to play. The game should last a little longer than a week. Please PM a mod before you miss a day phase if possible.
  • It is considered good etiquette to stick with a game if you can. If you should require a replacement, PM a mod (DO NOT post in the thread about replacing), it will be assumed that something unplanned came up for you.
  • Please watch the time, don't post after a day phase ends -- :59 okay, :00 not okay -- 1 warning then modkill.
  • Play to win. Don't self vote.
  • Always PM a mod questions -- don’t ask them in the game thread.
  • Never reference any PM or mod question/answer in the game thread.
  • Never discuss mod decisions in the game thread -- wait till post game!
  • You may post 1 simple "gg" post if you are eliminated before the game ends -- please put "***DEAD***" somewhere in this post just to make sure no one will be confused e.g.:

Keep in mind your posts don't NEED to be super substantial, you just need to be active and in the thread interacting with people.

If you are worried, please look at this very simple 5 post interaction that took me and Time like 5 minutes to come up with:

Keep in mind most of you already post more than 10 times per 24 hours in games without realizing it, just do what you do.

Current sign up list:
1. Kawl_USC [m]
2. cabot [m]
3. Hyperactivity [m]

This game type deserves to run, so sure. Plus Timeaisis owes me for helping him bury that body, so I'm bound to get a fun role, right?

batsnacks

hey I need a

Screen name [gender pronoun]

for signups cause my memory is real bad and I want to make sure I've got all my info together before I make the leap of creating the OP

SkyOdin

Hmmm... I am still a little unsure, but I guess I'll sign up. I do enjoy smaller scale games.

SkyOdin [male]

I just hope I can avoid spending 20 minutes per post.

batsnacks

Mini Mafia I
bxMVrQC.png

"Why is it so small?"

Current sign up list:
1. Kawl_USC [m]
2. cabot [m]
3. Hyperactivity [m]
4. Palmer_v1 [m]
5. Lone_Prodigy [m]
6. Terrabyte20xx [m]
7. Ty4on [m]
8. melonrabbit [f]
9. Catvoca [m]
10. SkyOdin [m]

Hey you should sign up, this game's going to be really fun. All I need is screen name [pronoun] and you're /in!

Spots are almost full.

Ty4on

Mini Mafia I
bxMVrQC.png

"Why is it so small?"

Current sign up list:
1. Kawl_USC [m]
2. cabot [m]
3. Hyperactivity [m]
4. Palmer_v1 [m]
5. Lone_Prodigy [m]
6. Terrabyte20xx [m]
7. Ty4on [m]
8. melonrabbit [f]
9. Catvoca [m]
10. SkyOdin [m]

Hey you should sign up, this game's going to be really fun. All I need is screen name [pronoun] and you're /in!

Spots are almost full.
I don't see Splinter on the list.
Sign me up!

batsnacks

Mini Mafia I
bxMVrQC.png

"Why is it so small?"

Current sign up list:
1. Kawl_USC [m]
2. cabot [m]
3. Hyperactivity [m]
4. Palmer_v1 [m]
5. Lone_Prodigy [m]
6. Terrabyte20xx [m]
7. Ty4on [m]
8. melonrabbit [f]
9. Catvoca [m]
10. SkyOdin [m]
11. *Splinter [m]
12. Catvoca [m]
13. StanleyPalmtree [m]

GAME IS FULL

Catvoca

Banned
Mini Mafia I
bxMVrQC.png

"Why is it so small?"

Current sign up list:
1. Kawl_USC [m]
2. cabot [m]
3. Hyperactivity [m]
4. Palmer_v1 [m]
5. Lone_Prodigy [m]
6. Terrabyte20xx [m]
7. Ty4on [m]
8. melonrabbit [f]
9. Catvoca [m]
10. SkyOdin [m]
11. *Splinter [m]
12. Catvoca [m]
13. StanleyPalmtree [m]

GAME IS FULL

You have me down twice!

batsnacks

sorry I'm not good at this, YesNOnoNOYes is in instead of 2x Catvoca

Mini Mafia I
bxMVrQC.png

"Why is it so small?"

Current sign up list:
1. Kawl_USC [m]
2. cabot [m]
3. Hyperactivity [m]
4. Palmer_v1 [m]
5. Lone_Prodigy [m]
6. Terrabyte20xx [m]
7. Ty4on [m]
8. melonrabbit [f]
9. Catvoca [m]
10. SkyOdin [m]
11. *Splinter [m]
12. YesNOnoNOYes [f]
13. StanleyPalmtree [m]

GAME IS FULL

SkyOdin

Just to be clear, since I can't seem to find it in the rules post, is this game going to be held here on NeoGAF or on OuterGAFia?

Top Bottom