• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF Mafia |OT6| The Conversation is to Die for (Signups are now OPEN)

Burbeting

Banned
Congrats to the Town for winning Mini-mafia!

Doctor Doctor is preparing to get underway, followed by The Price is Right by Sophia. (Price is Right will begin signups once Doctor Doctor is over.)

All minigames will be held at least until signups for Price is Right are done. If people want to run a mini while PiR is going, that's fine, but not until it gets underway.

Thank you.

Quoting for next page.

cabot

I'm considering moderating Live Mafia this weekend at the following times (all in GMT, calculate the timezones yourselves):

Friday: I may be going out, if not I can do 8pm-12am for game start.
Saturday: I can do 8pm-11pm for game start.

Anyone up for these ?

The mechanics are as follows:

• It's all on Discord
  • Voice encouraged but not required, attendance in the voice channel is required.
  • 10 minute day phases
  • 3 minute night phases
  • 3 minute thunderdome in the case of a tie vote
  • Scum chat is a Discord group hosted by the moderator. Muted during day phases.
  • 30 second vote countdown (voting is now in a separate channel for easier tracking)
  • Only players who are playing can chat in the live mafia channel. The rest can watch but not speak.

I have a matrix table for 9-player and 13-player setups, and batsnacks gave me some vanilla setups for up to 21 players.

Kawl_USC

Out of town for vacation this weekend otherwise I'd be all over this. Any one thinking about it should give it a try it's quite fun.

Coppanuva

Out of town for vacation this weekend otherwise I'd be all over this. Any one thinking about it should give it a try it's quite fun.

Seconding this. I haven't yet returned from my travels, so I can't participate here but anyone reading this should definitely be in.

Timeaisis

I can likely do Friday, depending on start time (earlier the better for me). Definitely can't Saturday. I guess I'll play it by ear.

batsnacks

I bought Persona 4 having never played a Persona game because it sounded cool. I stopped playing when I got to Teddy, which I guess is the first demon/Pokemon or whatever they are. That's my Persona story.

batsnacks

I like bears I do not like the character Teddy in Persona 4 who is definitely not a bear. A lot of people play Teddy in Persona 4 Arena but I'm not sure if that's because they like the character or because the character is OP.

I bought Persona 4 having never played a Persona game because it sounded cool. I stopped playing when I got to Teddy, which I guess is the first demon/Pokemon or whatever they are. That's my Persona story.

Clearly the answer is to play P3 which has no such character.

Sorian

Banned
So what mid season games are happening?

A doctor mini game where everyone is a different type of doctor but is unaware of their powers is going on now. Should, theoretically, end as a fairly short game but we somehow got a no kill night the first night so idk timing anymore. Price is Right by Sophia is the next big game which will start gathering players as doctor wraps up.

A doctor mini game where everyone is a different type of doctor but is unaware of their powers is going on now. Should, theoretically, end as a fairly short game but we somehow got a no kill night the first night so idk timing anymore. Price is Right by Sophia is the next big game which will start gathering players as doctor wraps up.

I'm also planning to host another C9 game, same rules as Mini Mafia (24 hour phases, 10 posts per phase required) with 100% less effort dedicated towards it

Same time as Price is Right

nin1000

Banned
Um..Ok
I was in the bloodborne game last season i just don't post very often.
But thanks anyway

Sorry about missing that II-Vanguard-II , i did not read through that game yet. My bad.
But since i did not see you around here i hereby welcome you to the community :3

May you have a lot of fun with the games that will follow :)

*Splinter

429a1b2e0c4fb019c8fba897e0cb7a31.png

Sophia

Alright everyone, time to win some fabulous prizes. Who's all interested in coming on down?

Players: 20
Complexity: Medium (6/7 on the Crab scale)
Night Start; Closed setup. No knowledge of The Price Is Right is required to play.
If you sign up, I recommend being somewhat active. There's the potential for a lot of PMs during the night phases.

1. *Splinter
2. StanleyPalmtree
3. Karkador
4. nin1000
5. Sawneeks
6. OceanicAir
7. Lone_Prodigy
8. Kyanrute
9. Kalor
10. StarSketch
11. MagnumBoy20xx
12. Ynnek7 (NEW)