• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

xJavonta

Banned
13BD1912-C8F6-4470-8D46-A464DC1B2BD6-3987-00000123FE30995A_zpsfa9365c9.jpg

Sorry for the glare, it was over a skylight.

Got 3 packages yesterday including a Easter basket from my mom (I'm 32). She likes to send me toiletries, because she's scared I don't take care of myself.

New deck/bearings (skate season is coming up)
Everything else came from Best Buy, although I got the Sandisk mp3 player last week. (Starhawk is an awesome game)

Not to sound like a dick but I hate MiniLogo. Their decks are sturdy, but there's something about their shape/weight that makes the boards feel ridiculously difficult to control. If I'm going blank I always go ATM.

But that's probably all personal preference lol

feli

Yeah, here you go. Sorry it took a little while. I had gotten it from a Bioshock Infinite hype thread and I wanted to source it to that but was unsuccessful. Anyways, here it is: Bioshock Infinite Phone Wallpaper

Yeah, I was kind of iffy about it for the past week as it was a lot of money but ultimately I'm really happy that I got it. Solid edition too

Like I said In my post I haven't been able to post for a LONNG time, so these games are from a while back.

Thanks a lot :D

apesh1t

Banned
Not to sound like a dick but I hate MiniLogo. Their decks are sturdy, but there's something about their shape/weight that makes the boards feel ridiculously difficult to control. If I'm going blank I always go ATM.

But that's probably all personal preference lol

I like em'. I'm pushing 17 years of skating, and pretty much have had every single brand of deck, I think they're the best for the price. I can't stand buying a 50 dollar deck then having it snap a few weeks later, I always get blanks. I don't know about difficult to control, maybe your trucks are too tight?

xJavonta

Banned
I like em'. I'm pushing 17 years of skating, and pretty much have had every single brand of deck, I think they're the best for the price. I can't stand buying a 50 dollar deck then having it snap a few weeks later, I always get blanks. I don't know about difficult to control, maybe your trucks are too tight?
Holy crap, you've got a good nine years on me lol. I know what you mean about breaking boards, I typically go blank because of that reason but eventually got less "rough" with my boards to the point where they'll last about 5 or 6 months before they either snap or get worn down to the point of them being unusable.

I don't think it's my trucks though, I'm riding some Thunder Lows with soft bushings. Then again, the last time I rode a MiniLogo was when I rode 7.5" boards, so that could have been why they felt uncontrollable to me.

apesh1t

Banned
I don't want to derail this thread, but yeah, man, small decks in mini logos suck. I think it's the mellow concave or something. I skated 7.75 for a long time and I just recently went up to an 8, and it's a lot more control. It's really just a matter of getting used to the thing. Since I'm kind of on a budget, I skate pretty much all mini logo stuff, except trucks, which are ventures.

New backpack: Herschel Supply Co. x New Balance Heritage Plus

14B967BC-DE3A-45CA-93D8-DB831CD7C13A-1244-00000104D5BA3C7C_zpsea817c4a.jpg

5A44BAFD-16EE-4382-9002-0FBFE2FCAB57-1244-0000010636C465EA_zpsba87378f.jpg

Basically my convention backpack (most of my other ones are too heavy/too big to lug around conventions).

My March pick-ups:

March pick-ups said:

8-bit beast Philips NMS 8280 MSX2 (mouse that came with it not pictured)

And a couple of games, most of which I picked up after reading through a hidden gem thread here on GAF

Wii games: A Shadow´s Tale, Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise, Disaster: Day of Crisis, Donkey Kong Country Returns and Silent Hill: Shattered Memories
PC game: XCOM Enemy Unknown
PS3 games: 3D Dot Game Heroes, L.A. Noire, Sonic & All-Stars Racing Transformed and Siren Blood Curse.
3DS: Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater 3D (to further complete the MGS collection)

I was holding off this purchase till I got myself a Vita, but when I stumbled upon this in yahoo auctions I could not resist, for some reason, hehe.

According to the seller the Luka cover was a shop bonus, some shop from Akihabara. Price was reasonable and included the brand new game, so it seemed like a one-of-a-kind opportunity.

It's sorta interesting that I haven't played any PD games yet but have come to like Luka a lot more than Miku, hehe.

Melchiah

QZqyN8H.jpg

I curse my carelessness, as I accidentally deleted the soundtrack zip file from the desktop along with an old photo zip file, and it can only be downloaded once from the website (unlike from the PSN store, IIRC). I contacted the publisher, and hopefully they'll give me a chance to download it again. Trying to recover the trash bin data with Recuva, as I'm writing this.

Ecto311

Moved on from my steel series to this mechanical keyboard. Really liking the red MX switches compared to the blacks. The back lighting is sick also, and nice to have the wire come out at the back on the side where I need it. Tenkeyless adds a lot of room to my small desk.

Dereck

What kind of cameras are you guys using, or what do you guys recommend for someone who isn't concerned with price?

CrovaxPSO

I was holding off this purchase till I got myself a Vita, but when I stumbled upon this in yahoo auctions I could not resist, for some reason, hehe.

According to the seller the Luka cover was a shop bonus, some shop from Akihabara. Price was reasonable and included the brand new game, so it seemed like a one-of-a-kind opportunity.

It's sorta interesting that I haven't played any PD games yet but have come to like Luka a lot more than Miku, hehe.

That Luka cover art is really neat, I didn't even know that was one of the bonuses. Now I want it :(

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Sailor Moon manga Vol. 10

a fellow Sailor Moon fan, very nice! I picked my volume 10 up a few days ago. Just 4 more months and we'll have all 12 :) (been waiting to start reading until I have the whole series)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom