• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MARCH Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

emilio

New Pikmin, meet your brothers.

pikminwii.jpg

eXistor

Stuff from the last few days.
6j3pzt.jpg

@Cagen:

I printed the MI posters as well, they're now in my bedroom. I love 'em to death as well. I've been thinking of printing more posters, but I don't have the space to put them.

GQman2121

Banned
Marchpickups.jpg

Killzone 2 and all of the Great Value Fruit Punch my Wal Mart had on the shelf. If you don't know about Great Value Fruit Punch, you don't know what you're missing. My candy swapping buddy in OT will be getting a few of these.

Gagaman

First purchase of the month:

2a7em4l.jpg

Original painting of Dr.Robotnik by Milton Knight, who worked on Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and created this Robotnik's design. Arrived today, I bought a frame for it straight away. :D

Got some more stuff on the way: The art of Pixar shorts book and the FLCL DVD box set. Will get photos when they arrive.

These two came in the mail today (Thanks Amazon!)

DSC08052.jpg

There should have been a copy of Akira but for some reason they pushed back the release date in Canada till March 24th. They shipped the rest of my order out for free since the wait would have been a month....

Forsete

ruxtpin said:
Does it still work? Whenever I see a pistol like that I think of pirates. You must drive a boat.

Yes it works, I shot it once. Roundball .50, black powder.
No boat, but I can always hijack my neighbours. :D

Manp

Chiaroscuro said:
I came home earlier today and those were on my mailbox:

First, Alarm für Cobra 11: Burning Wheels (Crash Time 2) from Germany to my PAL 360:

alarm.jpg

OMG! that's so awesome! had no idea they made a game about that show!

MUST BUY NAO!

:)

VASPER

Banned
Chiaroscuro said:
hey, how your copy of the Halo Wars CE have the Spartans on it and not the Covenant?

The elites are on the other side, when i opened it i flipped it around and put it back, FUCK ELITES.

abombb

Banned
Gagaman said:
First purchase of the month:

2a7em4l.jpg

Original painting of Dr.Robotnik by Milton Knight, who worked on Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog and created this Robotnik's design. Arrived today, I bought a frame for it straight away. :D

Got some more stuff on the way: The art of Pixar shorts book and the FLCL DVD box set. Will get photos when they arrive.
That is the best thing I saw on this thread! Awesome!

jergrah

All iPhone pics - sorry :\

Moved desks at work today - much better view now
NewView.jpg

Finally had my Fantasy Football League post-season luncheon and received my trophy for winning the league
trophy.jpg

Enders Shadow Comic 1-3, picked up at lunch yesterday
EndersShadow.jpg

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
New 42" Panny Plasma as reccomended my Amirox (Thank you). Got KZ2 so I thought I'd take some pics to show off some of the quality imagery. Cam may not be the best but it's better than nothing.....

100_0019.jpg

100_0021.jpg

100_0022.jpg

100_0024.jpg

100_0025.jpg

100_0026.jpg

And my more recent pick ups, may date back a few weeks but haven't taken pics for this thread in months anyways so.....

100_0027.jpg

Manp said:
OMG! that's so awesome! had no idea they made a game about that show!

MUST BUY NAO!

:)

Actually, that is the second game from the German show on Xbox 360. The first one is "Alarm für Cobra 11: Crash Time" (or simple Crash Time in other countries). I have the american version of it.

Cagen

cann3dheat said:
Where'd you get those printed?

A local print shop in town, they were quite pricey though at £25 each (not including frames) but I knew the quality would be top notch and if there were any problems the owner would sort it out with no fuss.

Probably going to be a light month after the insanity of SFIV.

Two books for computer certifications and two games so far

KOF 98UM
Y'S

I'll probably get some Burays...

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
157bqzr.jpg

PS3 TE Stick, MLB 09 The Show, 1TB HDD.

Not quite sure what I'll do with the stick right now.

Kintaro said:
http://i43.tinypic.com/157bqzr.jpg[IMG]

PS3 TE Stick, MLB 09 The Show, 1TB HDD.

Not quite sure what I'll do with the stick right now.[/QUOTE]

Green Power FTW!!! I have a bunch of em and they'll probably be the only magnetic storage drives I'll ever buy again (since by the time my Velociraptor dies SSD will hopefully be ideal for a system drive).

2009marpickup01.jpg

Finally got my PS3 TE stick from Gamestop that I preordered back in fucking November... funny thing is I preordered the 360 TE stick a couple months later from the same store and got it a week before the game came out. WTF? :lol

And I finally replaced my launch 360 (finally got the RROD) with an Arcade plus Star Ocean.

2009marpickup02.jpg

K2 Board, Burton Custom bindings, and Thirtytwo boots all 40% at Chick's Sporting goods. Funny enough, they're turning into Dick's sporting goods. :lol

Plus, I got a fatty promotion at the hospital I work at. One step closer to VP... in 15 years. :lol At least I got an office out of it.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Totobeni said:
yesterday stuff

* new Dreamcast , will open it in 9/9/09 ( my old Dreamcast still working )

3321123299_f101a1cf89_o.png

and today it's a sealed Black VMU ( will open it too on 9/9/09 )

3327228771_7b1182f11a.jpg

3327229429_c8766852ea.jpg

<3 SEGA :D

desverger

eqtrlv.jpg

Oh yeah. Got them cheap as potatoes too!

Infinite Undiscovery was 22 EUR, Blue Dragon 17 and Eternal Sonata a whopping 12 eurobucks :p

Gagaman

Art of Pixar Shorts book. Had this on pre-order from Amazon.

16l260.jpg

2l8kllt.jpg

2hn974m.jpg

FLCL Box set. Replacing my American region DVDs so I can watch them on my PS3 frame by frame (sad, I know, but I actually learn a but about animation from doing that). Nice surprise to find that all three discs are in a single DVD case so it takes up less shelf space. :)

14sec90.jpg

6ixlwk.jpg

Yazuka

Got them really cheap, only reason I bought them before i had a 360.
Which hopefully I'll get in about two weeks. You'll see it here when I do.
And then just have to wait for Star Ocean 4 to arrive in PAL land. -.-

09-03-04BlueDragonPSU.jpg

SaitoH

rocK` said:
Damn, my P180 is huge compared to that.

Anyone know of a good PSU that has long cables??

I had to get a 4pin 12v extension cable to run it behind the motherboard due to the plug being situated at the top of the motherboard. I'm sure it would quite tough to find a power supply with long enough cables for the larger P180 case, othewise I'd recommend my Enermax. It has a 120mm fan and is super quiet (which goes well with my 200mm case fan).

adg1034

Well, I lied. It turns out I actually am going to buy games over here in Europe- they just have to be on platforms that are inherently regionless.

NeogafMarchPickups.jpg

Dreamfall: The Longest Journey Limited Edition- containing Dreamfall, The Longest Journey, a soundtrack and an artbook in a sweet-looking sleeve. Next, a bargain-bin copy of Thief: Deadly Shadows- I need to find out what this "Shalebridge Cradle" thing is everyone keeps talking about (yes, I have some inkling). And then, there's Look Around You (Series 2), an amazingly hilarious parody of all those horrible educational science films you had to watch in grade school.

Joined the party a little late, but Gamestation were doing HD DVDs extremely cheap, so I picked up a couple and the player in a deal, along with a new 360 to replace my old launch 20gb Premium (no HDMI and so very VERY noisy). Then bought a couple more HD DVDs from a forum trade post, some of which are still in the post. I do own a PS3 thus am Blu-ray capable, but at £2 a HD DVD I'd be crazy NOT to buy them haha :D.

Oh and yes I'm aware that there is a lot of crap in there, but again TWO QUIDl!

P1010007.jpg

I also picked up a dedicated HD DVD player, so my Xbox drive is now my backup (incase the EP30 explodes or something), and parts to build a media PC.

P1010008.jpg

4 days in and I've already spent a fortune, when March's card statements come in, I'm probably going to have a heart attack ;_;

Pezking

Things I picked up since February:

Denon AH-D1001-Headphones:
21c7ebn.jpg

Looks good, sounds great and is very comfortable to wear. Surprisingly impressive surround sound when it's connected to my old Denon-AVR from 2002 (has a "Virtual Surround"-option for headphones).

WD TV HD Media Player:
5ecu2u.jpg

Extremely pleased with it. Great price, very easy to use, and plays almost everything I've tried. Just a few audio issues with some fansubs, but hopefully that will be solved with the next firmware update.

SF IV-Overkill:
4iyl29.jpg

For the first time, I don't just play against the CPU or good friends at home.
Boy, do I suck online...:lol

The Art of Watchmen
DSCF5245.jpg

DSCF5246.jpg

DSCF5247.jpg

DSCF5249.jpg

DSCF5251.jpg

DSCF5252.jpg

Love it!

Gagaman said:
Art of Pixar Shorts book. Had this on pre-order from Amazon.

16l260.jpg

2l8kllt.jpg

2hn974m.jpg

Thats awesome, does it have artworks for all the Pixar shorts and movies up to wall-e (or up)?
EDIT: OK I saw its only shorts :(

Gagaman

SpacePirate Ridley said:
Thats awesome, does it have artworks for all the Pixar shorts and movies up to wall-e (or up)?
It has every short film up till Lifted (so no Presto, sadly), including the DVD exclusive short films like Mater and the Ghost Light, Mikes New Car and Jack Jack Attack (but no Burn-E).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom