• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF MAY 2013 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods + more!

Holy hell, Black Belt / Hokuto no Ken. I like you. I played that to death as a child (and finally beat it with some friends back then). Should have been released on US/EU Virtual Console :(

That game is awesome. I love that it is set in a post apocalyptic setting. Lol Makes me me want to make a bare handed fighter for Fallout. Yeah, a lot of good titles got left out on the Virtual Console.

Did you by any chance get this poor excuse of a manual too?

I've been looking through vids and pictures but everyone seems to have gotten an actual manual and not just a folded sheet.

IMG_00000001_zps72156b3d.jpg

My launch copy has a manual. Maybe they did a reprint that didn't include a manual?

Persona 4 Golden (Vita), Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars (3DS) and Jacob Jones and the Bigfoot Mystery (Vita).

Some new Mac games - Xcom: Enemy Unknown and Psychonauts (very curious to see what the fuss is all about, hope it's a good port)

Kingven

My computer parts arrived...

HLliqdX.jpg

gDK8kpWl.jpg

pIgU9kUl.jpg

L7zHAnjl.jpg

Also there is a 60GB SSD ADATA, very good so far, and im waiting for the Cooler Master Hyper 212 Plus Cooler..

Also got Metroid from the eshop... great month so far...

Kilrathi

Not much on software this month

Galaxy S4 on T mobile (first smartphone ever owned), G400S as my old MX518 has died. 120MM case fan and Sound blaster Z to replace the dead Xifi extreme gamer sound card from 2006. Both the case fan and sound card are installed on my pc
IMG_0144.JPG

Hoping to be out of this brace soon, so I can ride at my local stables again, I was able to ride at the college due to a new mounting block that was built so that I could mount up because I can't put all my weight on my left foot. I can't get my foot with brace on into the tall boot so I was riding without irons(stirrups). I fell off a clydesdale bay about 2 months ago.
IMG_0145.JPG

Grades are in for semester got a 3.95 for taking 6 classes

My recent pickups, including the Pokemon Scramble U figures that I imported from Japan, they're fantastic!
I've really enjoyed getting back into Gran Turismo 4 and look forward to The Bouncer during gaming night with my friend next week. :)

MYE

Found Metroid Zero Mission for GBA NEW for 9,99€ in an old, dirty toy/house-stuff store in the middle of nowhere

KP5QZZS.jpg

Traded a couple of old PS3 games for Dishonored (metalic cover version :p) and finally got Rise of the Planet of the Apes on Bluray (also for 9,99&#8364; NEW) <3

PGW9HPZ.jpg

Bought a couple of Stephen King books, 4,00&#8364; each. The Stand is a BEAST of a book!
And after giving up on waiting for a translation of The Gunslinger, I decided to read the series in English. My body is now ready for the Dark Tower series :)

ZAnc8uK.jpg

Evenball

Jack Flack always escapes!
Another weekend, another trip to various thrift shops:

I hit the bargain bin at Fry's earlier in the week, these games were cheap as you can see.

I got these at Value Village, kinda rare to see GB games with instructions. There were more, but nothing that i really wanted, plus they were asking a bit much for them, about $4-$8.

I've been looking for a good gaming TV for a while as my HDTV's hate my Sega Genesis, even with an S-Video mod:

Only $15 and works pretty good from what I've seen so far. I have been trying out an S-Video circuit on my Genesis and you can see the results!

games are coming in really clear and the color really stands out. Looks great in motion too.

I've been looking for a good gaming TV for a while as my HDTV's hate my Sega Genesis, even with an S-Video mod:

Only $15 and works pretty good from what I've seen so far. I have been trying out an S-Video circuit on my Genesis and you can see the results!

games are coming in really clear and the color really stands out. Looks great in motion too.
Interesting. Do you get the jailbar effect? Y'know, where every other column is very slightly off-color. It's kinda hard to tell from your photos, but I also have an S-Video-modded Genesis, and they're ever-present there; it always bugs me out. My CRT masks the effect somewhat, but it's still there if you look hard enough.

Anyway, my pick-ups this month so far:

From two Wednesdays ago and last Wednesday, respectively.

Evenball

Jack Flack always escapes!
Interesting. Do you get the jailbar effect? Y'know, where every other column is very slightly off-color. It's kinda hard to tell from your photos, but I also have an S-Video-modded Genesis, and they're ever-present there; it always bugs me out. My CRT masks the effect somewhat, but it's still there if you look hard enough.

You know I'm looking right now, but I don't see any jailbars. Image is totally clear and colors are uniform. Now I have the circuit outside of the genesis on a breadboard, maybe that's a factor?

Warning! Large Post Incoming!

I started with DoA5. I've always been a DoA fan, and it was cheap, so why not?

Just yesterday I grabbed these due to a sale at EBGames. All games I've wanted for a while now.

I also picked up Master of Disguise since it was cheap enough.

Then my retro collecting took over, and I grabbed six Genesis games within the past two weeks. Not too bad a start to my collection, I'd say.

And then to finish it off, one Saturn game and one N64 game. It's been a busy couple of weeks.

Now I just need to find time to play everything...

Picked up two pairs of shoes.

Puma's for the gym -

8758283361_42cfa9967e_z.jpg

I've had my eye on these J.Shoes for a while and I finally managed to pick them up. Love them.

8759440500_0a1c2a1c24_z.jpg

The image is so big that I only saw the Xbox 360 HD-DVD player and thought you were talking about that.

Put it in quotes.

Seik

Banned
I was so happy I found it. Immaculate condition with everything. Been looking for years and stubbornly avoided the eBay 500-600 mark. Whew.

Please, tell us what you mean by avoiding those nasty Ebay prices... I want numbers! Lucky you! :D

sholmes

Neo Member
2013-05-11133302_zps6575fab9.jpg

Put a partial payment down on a New 2014 Audi S5. Delivery will be 4th of July weekend.

Congrats and welcome to the club (Link). It will be a very long month and a half for you.

Congrats!
Always a good feeling and that is a beast of a machine.
I plan on doing a Euro Delivery next year on my next one.

Definitely recommend European Delivery. If you're interested, I've got a bunch of pictures from the experience.

Kainazzo

AKfCOc3.jpg

Still surprised how the 360 turned into a Japan-exclusive machine for me; it's a complete heel-turn from the start of the gen. I'm not sure what I'm getting into with any of these, but at least they all have nice title screen music, and they're not rated Z.

Phenogram and Robotics;Notes also have color discs! I'm used to monochrome, when did they get so fancy over there?

Top Bottom