• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NHL 10 EASHL Team (X360)

Snookie

Is it possible to play on 2 separate EASHL teams? I play with some buddies from work but I wouldnt mind playing in a bigger group either.

Marvie_3

Banned
Snookie said:
Is it possible to play on 2 separate EASHL teams? I play with some buddies from work but I wouldnt mind playing in a bigger group either.
I think it's only possible if you have 2 seperate gamertags.

Phthisis

I played a 6v6 online game with the dev team today. Holy shit, so much fun online. In the second game, I had 3 goals and 2 assists. It was amazing. In the first game, we were tied 4-4, and with 5 seconds left, I screened the goalie and the point man blasted one top corner.

EDIT- I should also mention that the dev team knows their hockey. We were an elite 5 man unit. Everyone was playing their position perfectly, and it really makes me want to run some practice sessions with the GAF team so we can get it down. We had like cycles working and all this crazy stuff.

Marvie_3

Banned
Phthisis said:
I played a 6v6 online game with the dev team today. Holy shit, so much fun online. In the second game, I had 3 goals and 2 assists. It was amazing. In the first game, we were tied 4-4, and with 5 seconds left, I screened the goalie and the point man blasted one top corner.

EDIT- I should also mention that the dev team knows their hockey. We were an elite 5 man unit. Everyone was playing their position perfectly, and it really makes me want to run some practice sessions with the GAF team so we can get it down. We had like cycles working and all this crazy stuff.
I'd be up for this. I'll be around most of the weekend. We could practice on 09 I guess.

Phthisis

Marvie_3 said:
I'd be up for this. I'll be around most of the weekend. We could practice on 09 I guess.

I meant in 10. It's such a different beast. The dump and chase actually works online, for one. This should be a major point of practice, too, because if you make a bad pass in the neutral zone, you're hosed.

Marvie_3

Banned
Phthisis said:
I meant in 10. It's such a different beast. The dump and chase actually works online, for one. This should be a major point of practice, too, because if you make a bad pass in the neutral zone, you're hosed.
That too. There is still a lot that could be practiced in 09 though. Positioning is one thing that we need to work on. Way too many people out of position.

We need to schedule some final 09 sessions. I keep forgetting to check this thread for when people are playing so we should just make a list of days before 10 comes out.

God damn. You make we wanna play online soooo much. Never tried it though and I don't know if I got the time. Is it possible to play with you, but maybe not like 4 games a night?

Marvie_3

Banned
Sniper McBlaze said:
God damn. You make we wanna play online soooo much. Never tried it though and I don't know if I got the time. Is it possible to play with you, but maybe not like 4 games a night?
Yeah, you can hop one for only a game or two if you want. There may be set game times eventually but you don't have to stay the whole time if you can't.

Eric WK

Just got an E74 error on my 360. Sending it out tomorrow so I should have it back in two weeks or so, but I'm definitely going to miss launch. =/

Phthisis

I also forgot to mention that the lobby system for EASHL has been vastly improved in 10 so now you aren't just dumped into an empty room wondering where everyone went. Your team has like a bunch of different rooms/lobbies and you can see who's in them before you join.

Marvie_3

Banned
Eric WK said:
Just got an E74 error on my 360. Sending it out tomorrow so I should have it back in two weeks or so, but I'm definitely going to miss launch. =/
Drag. Shitty timing dude.

Phthisis said:
I also forgot to mention that the lobby system for EASHL has been vastly improved in 10 so now you aren't just dumped into an empty room wondering where everyone went. Your team has like a bunch of different rooms/lobbies and you can see who's in them before you join.
Awesome. 09's online interface was pretty lackluster.

Marvie_3

Banned
Just a heads up about NHL 10 @ Gamestop:

Reserve NHL 10 and get the in-game Kane-Bauer Boost Pack. In-game boost pack Contains: Patrick Kane’s Authentic Bauer Gloves, Skates and Stick. Plus a 9 point boost for your be a pro or EASHL Player. While supplies last.

This could help our team a little bit. :D

are you fucking serious

Why the fuck should the customer be cornered into buying from one place just so I can get a boost? If I'm playing someone who has a naturally better guy than me just because he bought it from GS then that's fucking stupid. way to keep business and the game within boundaries

Marvie_3

Banned
I highly doubt the 9 points spread across all the attributes is going to make a huge difference. If it was 9 points for each attribute, then I could see the problem. I just want the Kane equipment anyway. :D

Marvie_3

Banned
Alright, only 5 days until the game is out. I need suggestions for a team name. If I have to pick the name it's gonna get ugly and I don't want anyone hating me. :lol :lol

QVT

Fair-weather, with pride!
Just go with the Mighty Dyacks again, I suppose.

Also, I reserved at gamestop. Those 9 points are going into slapshot power.

Is there any other way to get this bullshit pre-order business code?

9 points can make a huge difference...that's like going from amateur to superstar/pro to legend

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Cant wait

Are we gaming first night?

Smash88

Banned
Just so you guys know, in case you missed it and my awesome gloating :p I got the game :D It is wicked, and most the glitch goals are gone, some are just weird (like ramming into the goalie it goes in).

Marvie_3

Banned
Mr Cola said:
Cant wait

Are we gaming first night?
I'm gonna buy it at midnight on Monday. I'll get the team set up as soon as I get home with it. I'm off all day Tuesday so I'll be playing all day. :lol

Still need team name suggestions. One person mentioned using "Mighty Dyacks" again. Several people have said they don't want to use that name again.

QVT

Marvie_3 said:
I'm gonna buy it at midnight on Monday. I'll get the team set up as soon as I get home with it. I'm off all day Tuesday so I'll be playing all day. :lol

Still need team name suggestions. One person mentioned using "Mighty Dyacks" again. Several people have said they don't want to use that name again.

Several people are dumb.

I run the GAF FIFA club and nobody is kicking in names at this point so I'm just going to name the team QVT :lol Do what you gotta do Marvie!

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
Name Suggestions

NeoGaf Giants?

I could do a photoshop mockup

Marvie_3

Banned
QVT said:
Several people are dumb.

I run the GAF FIFA club and nobody is kicking in names at this point so I'm just going to name the team QVT :lol Do what you gotta do Marvie!
Yeah, we're not gonna be called the Marvies. :lol

Someone in the PS3 thread suggested Bayside Tigers for their team.
I suggested Kwik-E-Mart Gougers, from the Simpsons epiosde "Lisa on Ice". :D

Mr Cola said:
I could do a photoshop mockup
Please do. :D

Mr Cola

i dont have access to the computer with photoshop right now, ill get it up tomorrow

purg3

slept with Malkin
CrazedArabMan said:
We could call our team the Neogaf Twenty Cent's?

Kane reference lol

:lol that's pretty good. Mighty Dyacks were good for the time, but really no longer relevant. Go with a new team name for this year.

Marvie_3

Banned
CrazedArabMan said:
Now all we need is a picture of his mugshot for our logo, too bad we can't put that in game. :(
Nah, needs to be a combination of his mugshot, the USA Hockey pic of him with the icicle, and the pic of the cabbie's beat up face. :lol

Phthisis

Freshman year of college, we called our intramural flag football team the "Free Agent All Stars" because we got formed from all the players nobody else wanted. We could do something like that.

QVT

You guys can't have it yet :( It's just like FIFA with people having it before me! I WON'T STAND FOR THIS. I expect to not turn my 360 off from 10:15 tomorrow morning until I pass out bitches!

Also in names, what about My Other Ride is Nikolai Khabibulin

Marvie_3

Banned
Got the game. My internet connection is really spotty right now so I'm having to use my Wii for GAF right now. As soon as it's fixed(should be pretty soon), I'll start getting the team set up and all that.

Last chance for team name suggestions. :D

Top Bottom