• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NHL 10 EASHL Team (X360)

LOST-Series-Finale-590x393.jpg

what a great ending

Marvie_3

Banned
Hardyboy1224 said:
http://tvbythenumbers.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/05/LOST-Series-Finale-590x393.jpg[IMG]

what a great ending[/QUOTE]
Get this shit outta here. We only talk about good tv in here....like Laverne & Shirley.

PBY

Banned
I cried my face off; best finale I've ever seen

And Marvie, a belated congrats to your Hawks... its time to see if Hossa can actually win one though

PBY

Banned
I went in to buy RDR today; it was sold out, so I bought God of War III. Its my first God of War game, and its really disappointing to me. I guess I just don't like that style of game :/

Also, lets chel asap

peterb0y said:
I went in to buy RDR today; it was sold out, so I bought God of War III. Its my first God of War game, and its really disappointing to me. I guess I just don't like that style of game :/

Also, lets chel asap

should've gotten rdr for ps3!

or was that sold out too

Marvie_3

Banned
peterb0y said:

Also, lets chel asap
I'm up for chel or RDR anytime. I don't think God of War is that good either. Played some of the first one, got bored, never played it again. Watched a friend play some of GOW2 after he kept telling me how much better it was compared to the first. Looked like the exact same stuff. No thanks.

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
Laserbot sure is upselling us in the NHL thread. "4 dudes" is the gentlest way of describing us :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Laserbot sure is upselling us in the NHL thread. "4 dudes" is the gentlest way of describing us :lol
Yeah, what an asshole. We know we suck laserbot. You don't have to be a bitch about it.

Nozdeuce

whoa not cry, just meant they wouldve gotten quite the shock if they actually wandered in here. the racist, the rapist, the guido, whatever the fuck marvie is :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
whoa not cry, just meant they wouldve gotten quite the shock if they actually wandered in here. the racist, the rapist, the guido, whatever the fuck marvie is :lol
You forgot the token black guy and the throat-punching prison guard.

Nozdeuce

I'm not into religion but I'm thinking Laserbot should get himself Born again so his anal virginity will be intact for next season so he'll stop crying all the time. Also if it'll make you feel better Laserbot my wrister is back. Now it's me who's all lubed up and doing the assblasting.

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
I'm not into religion but I'm thinking Laserbot should get himself Born again so his anal virginity will be intact for next season so he'll stop crying all the time. Also if it'll make you feel better Laserbot my wrister is back. Now it's me who's all lubed up and doing the assblasting.
6qwh1s.jpg

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Marvie_3 said:
I'm up for chel or RDR anytime. I don't think God of War is that good either. Played some of the first one, got bored, never played it again. Watched a friend play some of GOW2 after he kept telling me how much better it was compared to the first. Looked like the exact same stuff. No thanks.

I thought the first GoW was terrible. #2 was much better. #3 was insanely awesome. Its worth trecking through the first to enjoy the next two

CB3 said:
I thought the first GoW was terrible. #2 was much better. #3 was insanely awesome. Its worth trecking through the first to enjoy the next two
I can't take the third one. Bought it, played the first boss battle, put it on my shelf. Another $60 I should've saved for a new 360.

I really liked the first two--just more of the same though.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
I can't take the third one. Bought it, played the first boss battle, put it on my shelf. Another $60 I should've saved for a new 360.

I really liked the first two--just more of the same though.
vmrlv7.jpg

Marvie_3

Banned
They seriously fucked up goalie. Tried playing it a few times today. 3 games, 3 shutouts going into the 3rd. Once I gave up a goal it was like my goalie went retarded. 2 goals on the next 2 shots in 1 game and 2 goals on the next 3 shots in the other two. Pucks were going through him, that stupid arm raise animation got me, and two pucks went 5-hole even though I was in the butterfly LONG before the puck got to me.

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
They seriously fucked up goalie. Tried playing it a few times today. 3 games, 3 shutouts going into the 3rd. Once I gave up a goal it was like my goalie went retarded. 2 goals on the next 2 shots in 1 game and 2 goals on the next 3 shots in the other two. Pucks were going through him, that stupid arm raise animation got me, and two pucks went 5-hole even though I was in the butterfly LONG before the puck got to me.
I find 3rd periods in general have been pretty dumb lately. Looooots of stupid shit goin down

Marvie_3 said:
This seems like how it always was for me. You can be solid all game, but one mistake and it's impossible to seal up the holes. Like a boat made of saran wrap--one hole and you're sunk.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
This seems like how it always was for me. You can be solid all game, but one mistake and it's impossible to seal up the holes. Like a boat made of saran wrap--one hole and you're sunk.
It was so damn frustrating. I was playing well, let in one goal, and things went to hell. I'd be in perfect position yet the puck with still get by me at a stupid rate.

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Good job Marv, you almost nailed every EASHL glitch. God Speed Hawks!
Impossible. Even Laserbot Cat agrees.

208y83r.jpg

Now if you'll excuse me, I need to sleep. I've been awake for 48 hours. :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Guys, fuck NHL 11. I'm retiring from the Banhammers due to the announcement of what is soon to be the best hockey game ever.

EA hockey comes to Wii with NHL Slapshot

As we reveal in today’s QMI Agency newspapers and wesbites, Wayne Gretzky is returning to the NHL… in a manner of speaking. Not as a player or coach or owner, but as cover athlete and an in-game player for EA Sports’ long-awaited NHL hockey debut on the Wii.

Take your first look at EA Sports NHL Slapshot. And no, the Hanson Brothers are not involved. We think.

The game hasn’t officially been announced yet – EA plans to unveil it tomorrow – but I had the chance to talk to lead producer Joe Nickolls, creative director David Littman and even Gretzky himself about the game, which is being developed at the EA studios in Burnaby, B.C., by many of the same team members who worked on NHL 10 and this fall’s NHL 11. It’ll hit stores on Sept. 7, alongside NHL 11 for the Xbox 360 and PS3.

It’s hard to say what the biggest news is here. That EA is finally doing their first NHL game for the Wii, challenging 2K Sports on their previously exclusive turf? That Gretzky is involved as the cover athlete and in-game playable character? Or that NHL Slapshot will use a minature hockey stick peripheral that ships with each copy of the game?

Yeah, I’m gonna say it’s the stick. Because if this thing works, it could be a crazy amount of fun. If it doesn’t work, it’ll be yet another hunk of plastic discarded next to those silly third-party tennis racket add-ons, the original Guitar Hero II controller and the Tony Hawk: Ride skateboard.

EA, not surprisingly, vows the 21-inch/53-cm stick peripheral that ships with each game will revolutionize video game hockey. But Nickolls makes the point that the stick is the first third-party controller peripheral that Nintendo has approved for inclusion with a game, and that EA’s NHL franchise is too valuable to sabotage with a gimmick that doesn’t live up to its promise.

Nickolls says that because the stick peripheral holds both the Nunchuk (in the butt end of the stick, with the analog stick used for moving your player) and the Wiimote (further down the shaft, with the trigger used as a modifier to execute certain moves), it’s more accurate than the Wiimote alone.

“Because you’re getting two signals sent to the Wii, it triangulates the signal. So it basically gives you more accuracy,” Nickolls says, adding that WiiMotion Plus won’t be supported by NHL Slapshot because it’s essentially not needed.

The stick peripheral will detect slap shots, wrist shots, body checks (done with a cross-check motion) and poke checks, with the Wiimote’s trigger used as a modifier to perform passes, dekes and other moves. The game can also be played with the Wiimote and Nunchuk alone, or even just the Wiimote.

A lot of us Canuck kids, myself included, started playing hockey in elementary school. Fittingly, NHL Slapshot’s “Peewees to Pros” career mode starts you off as a 12-year-old of our own design (or you can step into the skates of a very young Gretzky, Sidney Crosby and the like) and lets you work your way from Peewee to Bantam to Junior to Pro, watching your player grow, age and acquire skills along the way.

“It actually ends up being the most in-depth Be a Pro Mode that any EA Sports game has ever had, because you go from 12 years old to 40 years old,” Littman says.

EA hasn’t announced a final price for NHL Slapshot, but the suggestion is it will cost roughly what EA Sports Active sells for ($60 at launch) and will ship in a box the exact same size as EA Sports Active’s. The stick will come in three snap-together pieces, including the dense foam blade that will (hopefully) limit the number of injuries during living room Stanley Cup finals.

Interestingly, Littman – who briefly played in the NHL as a goaltender for both the Buffalo Sabres and Tampa Bay Lightning – thinks NHL Slapshot could even help kids learn real-world hockey skills.

“Kids are going to be able to play the game, and get some real life practice in, but at home,” Littman tells me. “You start learning offsides, you start learning when to take a slapshot and when to take a wrist shot, you start learning when to check, when to poke check.”

“You can also play goalie,” Littman says – Vancovuer Canucks goalie Roberto Luongo is one of the players you can take from shinny pond tyke to NHL superstar – to which Nickolls laughs, “We always say you can play as a goalie, but why would you want to?”

And Gretzky? “EA always makes a great game,” Gretzky tells me, which isn’t a terribly unusual thing to hear from the guy being paid to be on the game’s box. But it gets his stamp of approval. “I’ve had a chance to play it, and it’s one of the more realistic games I’ve seen a long time. For me, my kids love to play and they enjoy it immensely.”

Gretzky wears his classic blue and orange Oilers jersey in the publicity stills for the game, and as a born and bred Edmontonian (true story: Gretzky’s ex-girlfriend’s sister used to babysit me), I had to ask him, will the basement-dwelling Oil ever again hoist Lord Stanley’s hardware?

“Absolutely,” Gretzky says. “They have a great organization. They have a good owner who’s an Edmontonian that cares about the team becoming successful, and they have a great fans, a tremendous fan base. Eventually one day again they will win another championship.”

Meantime, I’ll take the Oilers to the Cup myself. Using a miniature hockey stick.

http://blogs.canoe.ca/loadthis/gener...ot/#more-13851
fc59b16ec2507484f722bca5ea544920.jpg

b276d8b96c54d803a4d2c0fea20a2e50.jpg

4f46a48376d0fe00304e3acef0894aca.jpg

976fd2c054e59bbf1b3c38a1901a647f.jpg

f64eb20e51cf2a029bc43d1aa9e196dd.jpg

Dude. You really need to get some sleep. You're fucking insane.

Also:

b276d8b96c54d803a4d2c0fea20a2e50.jpg

That is the cockiest looking kid I've ever seen. If I was at work, I'd photoshop some sunglasses on him and turn him into the new "deal with it" gif of the week.

Nozdeuce

Well, what happened was me and IRL friends Denog and Bramina logged on to do some club play. Buuuut I wasn't in the club, so instead of waiting around for a ruling from the UN Security Council, I made a new one so we could actually play. And then did. Went 2-2-0. Definitely didn't help Bramina was still drunk from the night before, and decided he'd attempt goalie without checking the controls or changing the camera angle. Go Icecawks!

Edit: Weren't you going to send me a ps3 invite Laserbot? My psnid is Nozdeuce

PBY

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Well, what happened was me and IRL friends Denog and Bramina logged on to do some club play. Buuuut I wasn't in the club, so instead of waiting around for a ruling from the UN Security Council, I made a new one so we could actually play. And then did. Went 2-2-0. Definitely didn't help Bramina was still drunk from the night before, and decided he'd attempt goalie without checking the controls or changing the camera angle. Go Icecawks!

Edit: Weren't you going to send me a ps3 invite Laserbot? My psnid is Nozdeuce
:lol :lol I joined your party by accident, and had my tv speakers blasted by some dude's drunken rambling. It made my afternoon.

Top Bottom