• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NHL 10 EASHL Team (X360)

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
peterb0y said:
IM ALIVE SUCKAS.... just reread through this thread, wow its really morphed into something bizarre- but at the same time awesome

Anyways, Crackdown 2 :D

And if laserbot/hardyboy came back to the island, maybe we should try to chel again.
Finally, its been way too long.

Can't wait for Crackdown. Sooooo close. It's pretty sad, but I got over 200 agility orbs in the demo by freezing the countdown timer. Theres only 500 total, and I got 200 some :(

Nozdeuce said:
I'd be down sometime. Unfortunately it's japanese so it's brutally painful to engage in coop. First you have to have beaten at least the first boss (which isn't so bad really unless you intend to play coop and everyone makes new characters to play together and then can't) The host (which could be anyone) has to be alive, as in recently killed a boss or popped a stone of ephemeral eyes, and all the people who want to join him have to be dead. Have to be within a certain level range of each other (can't borderlands it with a level 61 dude and level 1s). And my favorite part is the coop invite system, both host and joinee enter the same dungeon (solo) and then the joinee puts down a sign saying hes open for business. At this point anyone who meets the requirements for hosting is able to drag the joinee into their game, and then the joinee has to bail and put another sign down and hope that his friend can beat out any random people to pulling him into coop.

It's fun but it's the enemy of freedom. And a good reason why the firebombing campaign should have continued indefinitely.

I'm down for anything right now, Hockey, Battlefield, Borderlands, Demons Souls, MLB The Show, Red Dead, Shadowrun...whatever

Edit: The Transformers multiplayer demo is pretty fucking fun fyi

Dresden isn't in Japan.

Marvie_3

Banned
peterb0y said:
IM ALIVE SUCKAS.... just reread through this thread, wow its really morphed into something bizarre- but at the same time awesome

Anyways, Crackdown 2 :D

And if laserbot/hardyboy came back to the island, maybe we should try to chel again.
We could play some OTP. I'm done with club games.

I need to learn how to play Demon Souls. I remember that I beat the first area, was in some hub world, didn't want to walk all the way to the bottom of a spire I'd climbed, jumped down, died, then realized I didn't have a body. WTF. How does I get body? =/

And that's when I quit that game 8 months ago.

Nozdeuce

SnakeswithLasers said:
I need to learn how to play Demon Souls. I remember that I beat the first area, was in some hub world, didn't want to walk all the way to the bottom of a spire I'd climbed, jumped down, died, then realized I didn't have a body. WTF. How does I get body? =/

And that's when I quit that game 8 months ago.
You have to go back to the smear formerly known as Laserbot. Whenever you die you evacuate your bowels along with all the souls you've consumed. Don't go looking where your body should have landed, go to where you jumped. You'll still be dead though, and thus limited to like 3/4 of your healthbar. To get alive again you need to kill another boss or pop a revive (ephemeral eyes).

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
You have to go back to the smear formerly known as Laserbot. Whenever you die you evacuate your bowels along with all the souls you've consumed. Don't go looking where your body should have landed, go to where you jumped. You'll still be dead though, and thus limited to like 3/4 of your healthbar. To get alive again you need to kill another boss or pop a revive (ephemeral eyes).
Oh, THAT Bob Pollard. I thought you meant the guy who played for the Saints in the 70's. :lol

Nozdeuce

SnakeswithLasers said:
And--ya. I don't think I can beat that first boss again with 3/4 health. The first time I tried to fight him, I had to use like 900 grenades or something.
Thats the beauty of it! You'd have to move on and fight a harder boss! I'm sure we could work something out. Though there is no voice chat soooo yeah..

Nozdeuce said:
Thats the beauty of it! You'd have to move on and fight a harder boss! I'm sure we could work something out. Though there is no voice chat soooo yeah..
What the. Huh. I love that game. I don't think I'll ever play it. But there's something about that that makes me love it.

Nozdeuce

SnakeswithLasers said:
How is it? Is it everything you hoped for? Everything you dreamed?
It is indeed more Crackdown. Also I'm hearing orbs as I drink. If you were anywhere from generally indifferent -> disliking Crackdown1 stay away. Always more Battlefield to be played :D

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Too good to be true. I'm calling it now "distinctive crest" is going to be what makes everyone cry later. It's sweet they've included the sound stuff that was in like MLB08. Nothing is more awesome than the ball sailing over the wall then FUCK TREES I CLIMB BUOYS MOTHERFUCKER...
What the fuck are you talking about? :lol

NoRéN

Hardyboy1224 said:
thats tight. i wish on these games i could play season mode and if people wanted to play on my team randomly they could dl my season and play on my team.
That would be awesome! I figure that would be alot funner. Or even join someone's season. Say you start a season with Barcelona. i can join you league as Real Madrid and so on.

Marvie_3

Banned
Hardyboy1224 said:
thats tight. i wish on these games i could play season mode and if people wanted to play on my team randomly they could dl my season and play on my team.
Co-op franchise mode would be sweet.

NoRéN said:
That would be awesome! I figure that would be alot funner. Or even join someone's season. Say you start a season with Barcelona. i can join you league as Real Madrid and so on.

yeah, i just hate playing games against my friends, i don't want to know whose better then who, then everyone has power over me.

NoRéN

Hardyboy1224 said:
yeah, i just hate playing games against my friends, i don't want to know whose better then who, then everyone has power over me.
:lol
But, we had some great matches, man!!
Seriusly, co-op or seasons we can all join in would be cool. You play the games against other teams and then get some email or xboxlive message letting you know that you have a match against a user controlled team coming up.

NoRéN

Hey, so where's everyone getting NHL11? I'm currently trying to save up my swagsbucks giftcards to get it on amazon but I think they caught up with me redeeming alot so it's becoming a slow process. Any place having some sort of deal for it? I noticed there's no EA love from amazon and they never offer anything for those games. :(

SnakeswithLasers said:
I wanna play Diablo.

Edit: I'm getting it on amazon, where I buy everything.

lets do it, hey wait whatabout boarderlands? i should get my transfer cable tomorrow, i want to play some vegas 2

Marvie_3

Banned
NoRéN said:
Hey, so where's everyone getting NHL11? I'm currently trying to save up my swagsbucks giftcards to get it on amazon but I think they caught up with me redeeming alot so it's becoming a slow process. Any place having some sort of deal for it? I noticed there's no EA love from amazon and they never offer anything for those games. :(
Well, until someone else offers a better preorder bonus, Gamestop. :(

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
What the fuck are you talking about? :lol
That long ass page you posted describes putting a team together and customizing your team's uniform with a "distinctive crest". Not like HOLY SHIT UPLOAD AND DESIGN YOUR OWN LOGOS, but "distinctive crest". That's the type of language that gets you acquitted of rape. As to the other thing, it mentions fan chants and goal music, something MLB The Show has had for a while now, when I hit home runs it plays I'm on a boat from a part I've chosen.

SnakeswithLasers said:
I wanna play Diablo.

Edit: I'm getting it on amazon, where I buy everything.
Have you ever played Titan's Quest? Widely regarded as the best Diablo clone, has online coop and everything. Can buy it on Steam. Torchlight is really fun too, and made by some ex-blizzard dudes, I think it's just singleplayer though

I'd be interested in joining team Vegas 2

NoRéN

Nozdeuce said:
That's the type of language that gets you acquitted of rape.
:lol

Nozdeuce said:
As to the other thing, it mentions fan chants and goal music, something MLB The Show has had for a while now, when I hit home runs it plays I'm on a boat from a part I've chosen.
Ooh, Lollypop guild Chant!!!!!!

Nozdeuce said:
Have you ever played Titan's Quest? Widely regarded as the best Diablo clone, has online coop and everything. Can buy it on Steam. Torchlight is really fun too, and made by some ex-blizzard dudes, I think it's just singleplayer though
I remember playing TQ right when it came out. I was still playing D2 at that point and promptly said, "Fuck this shit." I wish I'd have played it more, but I still play D2, so I can't complain.

I bought Torchlight when it was $5 on Steam and haven't gotten my moneys worth. Oh well.

I'm still up for Borderlands. That game is really clicking with me now and playthrough 2 is actually pretty fun now that I've hit stuff that's about my level (39).

Vegas 2...not so much. I think I still own it though, so...I can bear to dig it out. I'd still like to get together with everyone and try that co-op shit in BC2. I was having a pretty good time the other day until my 360 died, but I think I'd enjoy it more if it was AI speedrun rather than dealing with the savants that play that shit 6 hours a day.

Nozdeuce

NoRéN said:
Ooh, Lollypop guild Chant!!!!!!
:lol Think it's a feature that should be mandatory for all sports games really.

SnakeswithLasers said:
I remember playing TQ right when it came out. I was still playing D2 at that point and promptly said, "Fuck this shit." I wish I'd have played it more, but I still play D2, so I can't complain.

I bought Torchlight when it was $5 on Steam and haven't gotten my moneys worth. Oh well.

I'm still up for Borderlands. That game is really clicking with me now and playthrough 2 is actually pretty fun now that I've hit stuff that's about my level (39).

Vegas 2...not so much. I think I still own it though, so...I can bear to dig it out. I'd still like to get together with everyone and try that co-op shit in BC2. I was having a pretty good time the other day until my 360 died, but I think I'd enjoy it more if it was AI speedrun rather than dealing with the savants that play that shit 6 hours a day.
Damn dude, you're good. It's weird now talking to people who so easily go from PC to console, normally it's PC people ranting about how relevant they are.

Honestly after playing like a million hours of diablo 2, I liked both TQ and Torchlight but never got all that far in either. Nothing wrong with either and I totally intend to finish them off sometime, but that time seems to keep getting pushed back.

I'm kinda torn on the BC2 dlc. You really shouldn't be worried about people in normal multiplayer though, shit even Marv was putting up good scores when we played recently. People really aren't that good :lol And if all else fails you can ride reviving me to the top of the scoreboard again

I'm always down for more Borderlands. I find the game had really odd pacing, to me it never really hit it's stride because it was too focused on loot, and for the most part it sucked and wasn't what you wanted. The Vault and Crawermax are steps in the right direction, but loot really needs some tweaking.

I like PC games. I just don't have a PC anymore that can play anything remotely well (just a laptop). So I've been playing Hearts of Iron. Which is a horrible change of pace trying to go back and forth between that and Borderlands.

I want to get to level 50 in Borderlands and play the DLC though. I think the game is great--but the sequel should be greatest. If they work out the drop mechanics, add some sort of equipment customization for looks and badassery, it should be fine by me. I think the game already looks fine, I just want more varied content and better loot mechanics.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
I like PC games. I just don't have a PC anymore that can play anything remotely well (just a laptop). So I've been playing Hearts of Iron. Which is a horrible change of pace trying to go back and forth between that and Borderlands.

I want to get to level 50 in Borderlands and play the DLC though. I think the game is great--but the sequel should be greatest. If they work out the drop mechanics, add some sort of equipment customization for looks and badassery, it should be fine by me. I think the game already looks fine, I just want more varied content and better loot mechanics.
My PC plays solitaire. :D

They should make the Borderlands sequel less boring too.

Nozdeuce

SnakeswithLasers said:

Same here, minus the HoI. I've heard a lot of good things about it.

I find I'm not motivated at all except for loot, which could go either way. I do have some problems with loot, like in my million hours played the most useful weapons I've found are overwhelmingly revolvers. I used a revolver (a whopping 2 different ones) through my entire first playthrough, and a couple more through playthrough2. Right now my best/most effective/useful weapon is a repeater. Assault rifles in my experience have been either low on ammo with an elemental effect or high on ammo but shitty in every other way. You may have noticed I rarely used my assault rifle when we played.

It kind of seems like they misjudged their audience somewhat, promising a gazillion weapons is okay, but to what end? The game isn't bad but it desperately needs endgame content. The Secret Armory helps with this but also exacerbates it even more. You go through the vault, get sweet loot, kill the bigass level 64 thing to get even sweeter loot....aaaaand then do it again? Or in my case grind friends that are lttp.

Edit: To your comments about drop and loot mechanics I wouldn't mind a WoW style instance where it's like such and such boss has a really fucking sweet drop for x class, then you could act accordingly.

Marvie_3 said:
They should make the Borderlands sequel less boring too.
Pretty much? If it wasn't for a combination of friends and being bored and hoping I could get better loot by doing a Vault run, I wouldn't be playing it at all.

Ya man, that's the thing. WoW and Diablo both "start" at max level. Hopefully the borderlands guys figure that out and sequel this shit out for mad purple runs, but a lot less trash. Then just keep adding on content that requires the other content to excel. I know it's a money farm, but paying $10 every month or two for some DLC isn't any different than a $15 wow subscription, which I paid for 3 years.

I wish there was a decent MMO on consoles. If there's any chance FFXIV will be good (and come out on 360 and offer cross-platform play---heh, pipedreams are fun), I think it could be great. I'm one of the few that actually liked XI (there was a lot of bad to the game, but the team mechanics were awesome and the "one character" system is GREAT), so I'm looking forward to seeing XIV.

Top Bottom