• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NHL 10 EASHL Team (X360)

Nozdeuce

If there was an Official MGO Community Leader, I'd be it
SnakeswithLasers said:
Ya man, that's the thing. WoW and Diablo both "start" at max level. Hopefully the borderlands guys figure that out and sequel this shit out for mad purple runs, but a lot less trash. Then just keep adding on content that requires the other content to excel. I know it's a money farm, but paying $10 every month or two for some DLC isn't any different than a $15 wow subscription, which I paid for 3 years.
Completely agree. It's ghetto though, like running the Den of Evil a few times as a new D2 character is more compelling than .......most of Borderlands. For now a monthly WoW sub would be the better deal. Can run any instance like a trillion times, compared to the once over for Dr Ned and Underdome.

Asiany things scare me but I'd be interested in some western mmo on a console. I don't know what exactly since I'm sure most of them would ape stuff from WoW I dislike.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
I will never root harder for a team than I will root for the Lakers to beat the Heat next season.

Sorry Peterboy, sorry Pheenix.
I won't cheer for either of those teams. Man, Lebron is such a fuckin bitch though. Hopefully someone goes Kermit Washington on him.

Nozdeuce said:
Completely agree. It's ghetto though, like running the Den of Evil a few times as a new D2 character is more compelling than .......most of Borderlands. For now a monthly WoW sub would be the better deal. Can run any instance like a trillion times, compared to the once over for Dr Ned and Underdome.

Asiany things scare me but I'd be interested in some western mmo on a console. I don't know what exactly since I'm sure most of them would ape stuff from WoW I dislike.
FFFFFUUUUU

I wanna play D2 so bad. =/
I can't play WoW anymore. I had a fucking problem with that shit...I still jones to play it too.

Marvie_3 said:
I won't cheer for either of those teams. Man, Lebron is such a fuckin bitch though. Hopefully someone goes Kermit Washington on him.
Ya, if Cleveland can win a championship next year I'd be the happiest man.

Marvie_3

Banned
peterb0y said:
probably getting Crackdown 2 tonight, in celebration of lebron james
j0v7dg.jpg

Nozdeuce

SnakeswithLasers said:
Alright, my pre-orders are in for FIFA and NHL. September is going to be mad crazy.
WHERE THE FUCK IS YOUR MAFIA 2? YOU BASTARD. I THOUGHT YOU SAID YOU LIKED PC GAMES

Nozdeuce

SnakeswithLasers said:
How do you expect me to do that when I'm busy invading Czechoslovakia?
lol holy shit dude wtf :lol Be nice to them, they occasionally make 1 or 2 good games there every half decade. RIP Vietcong

Nozdeuce said:
lol holy shit dude wtf :lol Be nice to them, they occasionally make 1 or 2 good games there every half decade. RIP Vietcong
Those goddamn dirty Poles are next. Then I'll move my theater focus to the Frogs, and I may just invade Britain and forget about the Russians altogether.

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
Alright, my pre-orders are in for FIFA and NHL. September is going to be mad crazy.
I'm not going to bother with FIFA. I like the series but offline gets old fast and online is filled with the same type of shitbags that play NHL online.

Marvie_3 said:
I'm not going to bother with FIFA. I like the series but offline gets old fast and online is filled with the same type of shitbags that play NHL online.
I feel identically about NHL, so it was either neither or both.

Whichever one has online season co-op will be the one I play more.

Nozdeuce

SnakeswithLasers said:
Those goddamn dirty Poles are next. Then I'll move my theater focus to the Frogs, and I may just invade Britain and forget about the Russians altogether.
I like the way you think

Marvie_3 said:
Liar. You'll be chelling like always.
You mean like how he always plays soccer and 0 nhl now? GOOD CALL CHIEF

Marvie_3 said:
Liar. You'll be chelling like always.
I played FIFA single player waaaaaay more than I played NHL single player this year. So if there is a valid "multiplayer" mode built into single player, I'll play that. I like beating up on the AI and winning championships, I just don't like doing it by myself.

Sucks that FIFA comes out afterward, because if there's part of chel I want to miss, it's that first week or two when there's 20 dudes on the team and it's total chaos.

Nozdeuce

SnakeswithLasers said:
Sucks that FIFA comes out afterward, because if there's part of chel I want to miss, it's that first week or two when there's 20 dudes on the team and it's total chaos.
Icecawks could use a goalie

Marvie_3

Banned
SnakeswithLasers said:
I played FIFA single player waaaaaay more than I played NHL single player this year. So if there is a valid "multiplayer" mode built into single player, I'll play that. I like beating up on the AI and winning championships, I just don't like doing it by myself.

That's why I suggested we split up into lines. Get people to select ONE position, then keep those groups intact as much as possible.

Nozdeuce said:
Icecawks could use a goalie
Not playing with the Banhammers next year?

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
Not playing with the Banhammers next year?
Of course I'm playing with you guys, was just trying to provide a healthy alternative for my favorite depressed goalie.

Having different lines sounds sweet.

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Having different lines sounds sweet.
I think even setting people to one position would work. It is chaos when people are jumping all over the ice and have no idea how to play the position.

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
I think even setting people to one position would work. It is chaos when people are jumping all over the ice and have no idea how to play the position.
Sooo you are cutting me :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Sooo you are cutting me :lol
No. :lol

I just meant in general, it's hard to get anything going when people are constantly switching positions. It's even harder when there are 5 people on the ice who aren't used to their positions either. If the Blackhawks put out a lineup like this:

LW - Brent Seabrook
C - Duncan Keith
RW - Antti Niemi
LD - Jonathan Toews
RD - Patrick Kane
G - Marian Hossa

There would be fucking chaos.

SnakeswithLasers said:
:lol :lol

I wish Pheenix would come back.
He's not. I asked him a few days ago. :(

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
Sounds like a good plan, so far it's always seemed kinda like herding cats. Hopefully for 11 I can have a positive +/- for a few minutes. Dong will be back, he's pretty much shut it down until 11 comes out. He and I can try and figure out all the douche moves while you put the new people through their paces :lol

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Sounds like a good plan, so far it's always seemed kinda like herding cats. Hopefully for 11 I can have a positive +/- for a few minutes. Dong will be back, he's pretty much shut it down until 11 comes out. He and I can try and figure out all the douche moves while you put the new people through their paces :lol
Herding cats is easy man. Just scoop them up when they're sleeping and put them in a bag.

Tell Dong to register for GAF.

Nozdeuce

SnakeswithLasers said:
And that I want to waste all of my money buying It's Always Sunny.
NOT A WASTE. If only for the literally perfect use of 80's music. FUCK EVERYTHING, I'm gonna watch some right now.

NoRéN

SnakeswithLasers said:
So now I know that Marvie's cat is covered in packing tape.

And that I want to waste all of my money buying It's Always Sunny.

"You, on the other hand, well... you're a pit of despair"

Marvie_3

Banned
Anybody good with photoshop? I have to get the thread for NHL 11 put up in a few weeks and I'd like to get artwork, banners, etc. ready to go. As we've all seen, my art skills are very limited. :lol

Edit: I'm also working on a couple little video projects you guys might enjoy. It'll take me awhile to finish them and hopefully they'll turn out as well as I'm hoping. :D

Edit: The more I find music for these, the better I think they're going to turn out. :D

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
Anybody good with photoshop? I have to get the thread for NHL 11 put up in a few weeks and I'd like to get artwork, banners, etc. ready to go. As we've all seen, my art skills are very limited. :lol

Edit: I'm also working on a couple little video projects you guys might enjoy. It'll take me awhile to finish them and hopefully they'll turn out as well as I'm hoping. :D

Edit: The more I find music for these, the better I think they're going to turn out. :D
Oh man, I hope it's a video of Smash Slamjaw walking the tunnels to the ice with quick cuts to footage of me scoring, all to Enter Sandman.

Maaan, I really wish we could do this. Game needs to record every goal ever from a zoomed in BAP camera angle and toss onto EA whatever the fuck they call it. The only question I should have to be asking is, would such a video surpass Enter Sandman and Thunderstruck in their entirety?

Marvie_3

Banned
Nozdeuce said:
Oh man, I hope it's a video of Smash Slamjaw walking the tunnels to the ice with quick cuts to footage of me scoring, all to Enter Sandman.

Maaan, I really wish we could do this. Game needs to record every goal ever from a zoomed in BAP camera angle and toss onto EA whatever the fuck they call it. The only question I should have to be asking is, would such a video surpass Enter Sandman and Thunderstruck in their entirety?
Enter Sandman is shit.

Nozdeuce

Marvie_3 said:
Enter Sandman is shit.
Eye of the Tiger? Sirius? Heart of a Champion?

Annnd I'm out of generic sports videos music. So painful

I love how Backbreaker trolls itself by blasting POD's Boom during every kickoff, it's so god damn hackneyed I can't help but laugh.

NoRéN

Marvie_3 said:

here you go. Free of charge!

oi9kpk.jpg

edit: Fuck yeah! I'm up to $20 in amazon gift cards! When is the game out? Early September?

PBY

Banned
2 things: Is Crackdown 2 good? I thought it was gonna be awesome, but theres been some backlash that has me worried :/

Also, Marvie, you need to be OUR Pat Riley- get Pheenix to come back to the fold; the dream team needs him

Marvie_3

Banned
peterb0y said:
2 things: Is Crackdown 2 good? I thought it was gonna be awesome, but theres been some backlash that has me worried :/

Also, Marvie, you need to be OUR Pat Riley- get Pheenix to come back to the fold; the dream team needs him
It's GAF, dude. What doesn't have backlash on this site? As far as Crackdown 2 goes, if you liked the first one, you'll like the 2nd one.

Pat Riley? Fuck that noise. If I'm going to be the coach, I'm going to be a Vince Lombardi type coach.

Top Bottom