• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

vercity82

Tokyo Rain said:
r9o4fq.jpg

whats the cover of infamous say about god of war there mate?

Tenkei

milkham said:
where'd you pickup that s5 thing?
A friend of mine brought it back from his trip to Hong Kong. It works surprisingly well with Windows 7 and 720p video. No more re-encoding for me!

Yes Boss!

WEGGLES said:
Hmm.

Is the DSi that funky green colour? Or is your lighting goofy?

Thought it was only black an blue.

It is just the lime green color...from the second run in Japan. Everybody seem to hate it but it is easily the best japanese color. Love.

CAVE343

Yes Boss! said:
Drove all around Orange County today. Lots of fun. Picked up a Magic Mouse for fun.

P1020853.jpg

Looks sweet! Have you tried it out yet? I'm thinking of buying one because the mighty mouse sucks bad.

Yes Boss!

bad-joey said:
Looks sweet! Have you tried it out yet? I'm thinking of buying one because the mighty mouse sucks bad.

Yeah,

Tried it out. Way better than the mighty mouse. Do it...though the $70 price tag is kinda excessive.

Picked it up on the way home from my bollywood movie in Artesia (Asin Love, LOVE). Took a wrong turn on the 55 and ended up in Newport Beach. So I bought a 32GB Touch in Fashion Island and also the mouse and then took highway 1 back to Laguna. Very pleasant. I guess you could say a $400 detour but, whatever, it was nice to see the neighborhood I used to hang out in after a few years. Also, picked up the new Cope that my work got in. Not into dip but I do like Swedish Snus and I'm willing to try this one:

P1020859.jpg

Dementia

:lol :lol
I love how more people are replying to the guy who got a copy of inFamous with the redesigned PS3 box art than to the guy who has two copies of Modern Warfare 2 a week before release.

Alpha_eX

Yes Boss! said:
Drove all around Orange County today. Lots of fun. Picked up a Magic Mouse for fun.

P1020853.jpg

Can you do the 'back' or 'forward' command (two finger swipe left or right repsectivly) while keeping grip of the mouse? When I tried it kept moving out of place, very annoying, i'm back on a Logitech Revolution, pressing the scroller on it's side does it much better I think.

Nice mouse though, just a little odd to use the fancy slide features.

Yes Boss!

Alpha_eX said:
Can you do the 'back' or 'forward' command (two finger swipe left or right repsectivly) while keeping grip of the mouse? When I tried it kept moving out of place, very annoying, i'm back on a Logitech Revolution, pressing the scroller on it's side does it much better I think.

Honestly,

A bit too drunk to try it out now. I just plugged it in for instant use. Seems awesome so far. Tonight was my big Asin movie night that I've been waiting a year for so I enjoyed that then stopped at Mitsuwa for fun Sake and then hit up High Times for a ton of California beer to celebrate. I'll check it out tomorrow, but I'm gonna watch my Indian movies tonight. I'll let you know...

Alpha_eX said:

I got some of these about 3 days ago and honestly, the two finger stripes completely suck. Also the mouse is too flat imho. Dunno, maybe that's just me. On the other hand, the scrolling works pretty good and I love it so far. I guess you need to check that out for yourself and find out if it suits you.

Yes Boss!

Mailenstein said:
I got some of these about 3 days ago and honestly, the two finger stripes completely suck. Also the mouse is too flat imho. Dunno, maybe that's just me. On the other hand, the scrolling works pretty good and I love it so far. I guess you need to check that out for yourself and find out if it suits you.

Seems to feel good to me so far. I definitely like the weight. I'm kinda missing the squeeze to go to dashboard/expose but I'm sure I just don't know the proper way to access it. It is a nice mouse and super complicated...I just love the way it still looks like the classic one-button mouse. I dunno, after owning several macbooks this seems like a nice evolution and natural.

WEGGLES

Yes Boss! said:
Took a wrong turn on the 55 and ended up in Newport Beach. So I bought a 32GB Touch
:lol Something is humorous about you making a wrong turn so you buy a $300 device.
Yess Boss! said:
It is just the lime green color...from the second run in Japan. Everybody seem to hate it but it is easily the best japanese color. Love.

Ahh, ok. I guess that's why I had never seen that colour.

green-ds-lite.jpg

I like it :)

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
WEGGLES said:
:lol Something is humorous about you making a wrong turn so you buy a $300 device.

Ahh, ok. I guess that's why I had never seen that colour.

green-ds-lite.jpg

I like it :)
That's the green DSLite. Yes Boss has the green DSi, which is a different green colour.

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Tenkei said:
[IMGhttp://i37.tinypic.com/2vifazt.jpg[/IMG]

I think I picked up the last Radeon HD5850 in North America. It's so awesome to be able to play games at 1920x1200 with all effects turned on. :D

I got the same card about 2 weeks ago. Have you messed with the ASUS oc tweaker at all? If so what settings have you found stable?

a4snwj.jpg
xwu9f.jpg

2d9vequ.jpg
v59y89.jpg

That's the filthy peasant version.
I don't even own a Mega Drive any longer. But for $5 I'll pointlessly feed the nostalgia bug. Heh, cartridges.

lawblob said:
Fun game.
4072185257_73802523b8_o.jpg
Guess you don't get the pointless but sweet cardboard sleeve. It's extra edgy.

ArchAngel

- Star Treck (2 BluRay Disc Special Edition)
- FictionJunction YUUKA (Everlasting Songs Tour 2009 Part 1)
- Resident Evil Trilogy (BluRay)
- Bakemonogatari Vol. 2 (FirstPress LE)

startreckevil.JPG

yukikajiura.JPG

bakemonogatarivol2.JPG

Beside my little trip to Italy( Bari>Rome>Bari>back home)
pickup8.jpg
;
here are some gaming related ones:
pickup1.jpg

pickup2.jpg

pickup3.jpg

pickup4.jpg

pickup5.jpg

pickup6.jpg

pickup7.jpg

More pictures later(got some other goodies) once I set it all up, redesigning my room a bit :3

Mr. Sam

Got me some BDs recently. These doubled my collection to an impressive twelve.

1z6a78i.jpg

28rfvi1.jpg

116opvr.jpg

And then I got me some good ol' fashioned videogames. Think I've put more hours into WipEout HD Fury (yes, it must be typed like that) than Uncharted 2.

waq4b8.jpg

And finally, much to my shame - anime:

ohu4k9.jpg

Donos

Mr. Sam said:

002.jpg

003.jpg

004.jpg

And then I got me some good ol' fashioned videogames. Think I've put more hours into WipEout HD Fury (yes, it must be typed like that) than Uncharted 2.

005.jpg

And finally, much to my shame - anime:

006.jpg

Sweet pickup all around. Good taste sir :D

nov09ratchet.jpg

Yay :D Can't wait to play it!

Not my fave collectors edition, though. The 3D cover is kind of cool, for a stuck-on holographic design. It reminds me of those 3D dinosaur cards you used to get in breakfast cereals. The box itself is just cardboard though, and creases easily. Mine was slightly crushed in the post. I can see myself trying to swap the box for a regular edition, actually. :( Shame.

TruHero

Banned
Mr. Sam said:

002.jpg

Anything special about that Predator BD? I bought my BD version at Costco, but the cover is different

Tenkei

RbBrdMan said:
I got the same card about 2 weeks ago. Have you messed with the ASUS oc tweaker at all? If so what settings have you found stable?
I tend not to bother with overclocking; a while ago, I had a Phenom X4 motherboard from Gigabyte that I didn't know would auto-OC, and my PC went up in smoke as soon as I started Windows. I spent so long arguing with the retailer where I bought the parts that I've soured on an idea that I was ambivalent to in the first place. Also, I can't stand applications with ugly UI. :lol

My girlfriend had these at her house. I tried getting more info on them but couldn't find anything online. I'm digging the retro look. There are a total of 15 of the original 36 still unused.

001-2.jpg

006-1.jpg

007.jpg

This one is my favorite
008-1.jpg

009-1.jpg

010-2.jpg

011-1.jpg

012-1.jpg

013-2.jpg

014-1.jpg

018-2.jpg

Nintendo pimping Nintendo. I didn't check to see if it still works
017-1.jpg

Mr. Sam

TruHero said:
Anything special about that Predator BD? I bought my BD version at Costco, but the cover is different

Not that I'm aware of. The extras are very, very sparse and the menu is just plain horrible.

IMG_1427.jpg

Dragon Age, and Modern Warfare 2 pre-order. The copy of Windows 7 actually came early last month; for free.

IMG_1429.jpg

Needed a break from the Wheel of Time series. I'm about half way through The Gargoyle. Not too shabby thus far.

IMG_1428.jpg

This is really a pickup due to the puppy we adopted last month. Hurray house training.

IMG_1434.jpg

This was my dog's pickup for the month.

IMG_1433.jpg

IMG_1425.jpg

I think she approves.

angelfly

2znn12q.jpg

Picked up a new screen for my PSP which has been out of commission for about a year after I rolled over on it in my sleep.

Before:
29wo979.jpg

After:
2r427w1.jpg

Top Bottom