• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

WEGGLES

Paulathon said:
2cz1u90.jpg

crap warranty
In my experience apple warranties are junk and I couldn't be more pleased with the Zune warranty.

My iPod stopped syncing so I called for a replacement, still within warranty and the unit was flawless never dropped or anything. Nope. I'd have to pay for repairs.

Zune had dust under the glass by the screen. Smallest spec, but noticable none the less. MS covered shipping both ways and sent be a brand new one with the full package... not the refurb the site said they would send.

SmZA

WEGGLES said:
In my experience apple warranties are junk and I couldn't be more pleased with the Zune warranty.
Zunes aren't sold in Australia and I would've had to buy it off eBay, not much of warranty there.

I'm already running up against a brick wall with iTunes trying to add old podcasts, seems there's no way to add them without cluttering up the music folder or re-downloading them. Now I'm checking out MediaMonkey as a replacement.

Facism

WEGGLES said:

My iPod stopped syncing so I called for a replacement, still within warranty and the unit was flawless never dropped or anything. Nope. I'd have to pay for repairs.

Zune had dust under the glass by the screen. Smallest spec, but noticable none the less. MS covered shipping both ways and sent be a brand new one with the full package... not the refurb the site said they would send.

My brother's ipod just stopped working one day, sounded like the HDD was fucked. He only had it for 5 months. A courier came to take the ipod away, only for us to get it back a week later untouched from Norway, with a note saying it was too expensive to repair, so they weren't going to do anything about it.

Took it to an Apple shop in Birmingham the next day, got it replaced with a brand new unit, box and everything, no hassles, no bullshit and a really polite but tired assistant to facilitate our business.

Zune sounds nice and i would love to able to get one with no hassle in the UK

WEGGLES said:

I've personally given up on iPods. I've owned 3 different ones and all have died for some stupid bullshit reason 1 - 2 months after their warranties were up. Every time I would take them to Apple care I would get some stupid ohh well too bad, but you can get 10% off a new one. Plus I had a ton of problems with iTunes not wanting to put all my songs on my iPods because I had 2 PCs even though both had the same account on them. After my last iPod died I said fuck it and bought a Zune HD and love it.

bardia

Finally picked up an xbox 360 so I could catch up on all the RPG goodness I've missed out on from only owning a PS3.

11292009038.jpg

Following cost me about $250, I love cheap xbox games :D

Big 360 month for me. Sadly didn't see any decent PS3 black Friday deals. Got Midnight Club for $10 which actually is a good game, got Tekken 6 with the wireless arcade stick for $40 bucks. I don't even like Tekken and I'm selling it used to Amazon for $31 meaning I got the wireless arcade stick for $9 bucks. Score! Then L4D2 I got for $40 and paid full price for Assassin's Creed II cause I was impatient. Oh well.

Oh, and the best score... The complete book of Genesis illustrated by R.Crumb. I can't put it down, great bathroom reading!!!

november.jpg

kylej said:
I bought a big ass Mirrors Edge poster because I love that game :)

http://escapedintothewaves.com/uploads/IMG_0816.JPG[img]

size 11 shoes next to it for scale.[/QUOTE]

Very very cool.

[QUOTE=GAZERK]Ooooo, nice!

I still need to beat that game.[/QUOTE]

Ditto!

Oli

kylej said:

IMG_0816.JPG

size 11 shoes next to it for scale.

kudos, that's actually my wallpaper right now!

I love the game too, and can't wait for ME2 :-D

nny

I've wanted this DVD for a long time, and the time for me to have it has finally come:

DSC04873.jpg

Took advantage of a sale to get another 360 RPG (for when I get one I'll already have some games for it ;P). The packaging of the discs is a bit weird, 3 stacked and one in a paper sleeve?

DSC04874.jpg

850 pages of manga:

DSC04876.jpg

edit: forgot my recent Steam indulgences:

stm1109.png

enewtabie

Got the Garage finished up today(just material cost) and a rarity in NC in the winter time. Bright green grass. It only cost me some lime,hay,fertilizer and seeds. Under $300 to get it done. Labor again was free. :D You should have seen the yard when I moved in Feb. It was dead.

Got Pac Man on 360. Along with some Avatar Awards from Left 4 Dead 2. I bought the Enzio suit too(not pictured)
Got Excitebike on WiiWare. It's not too bad actually.
I downloaded all of the Stargate Universe and V episodes on the my bedroom 60gber. Good shows if you haven't checked them out.

I also had to buy the Ratchet and Clank Dynamic Theme. Go get it! :D :lol
and Gravity Crash on my office slim.

007-4.jpg

013-4.jpg

028-1.jpg

030.jpg

031.jpg

037-1.jpg

039.jpg

Big_T

New TV Sony 40 Full HD , 4 HDMI , its Awesome the picture quality is way better than my old sony 32 V, and i like that the TV menu is the XMB :)

30112009046d140c.jpg

3011200904148093.jpg

30112009048dedbc.jpg

Got these from Amazon , delivered to my friend place in US , he is coming back to
Kuwait on Dec 8 , cant wait for the magic mouse
photo25a57b.jpg

Netto-kun

Damn, ended buying a little bit more than expected.:lol

- Oboro Muramasa
- Arc Rise Fantasia with the preorder bonus thing (Yay for Japanese Amazon!)
- Sin & Punishment 2

SSL21878.jpg

Mr. Sam

Big_T said:
New TV Sony 40 Full HD , 4 HDMI , its Awesome the picture quality is way better than my old sony 32 V, and i like that the TV menu is the XMB :)

I have that TV too. Nice choice. Question; do you find the blacks on it to be just a not-even-that-dark blue, or did I get a broken set?

Big_T

Mr. Sam said:
I have that TV too. Nice choice. Question; do you find the blacks on it to be just a not-even-that-dark blue, or did I get a broken set?
I think i noticed that , the black is not that dark but try to turn the black correction on .

I was going to buy the W model but the W is $600 more
And i think the only difference between the S and The W is the motion flow and the contrast ratio.

Yes Boss!

This movie was the one that made me go to film school in the nineties, see an additional 7000 movies. Love Jane Campion. Seen this one over fifty time in the theater but this blu-ray is some crazy 1080i50 and I had to sell it on eBay for $14.

P1030038.jpg

I picked up a 46" Sony Bravia LCD 1080p HDTV and a Magnavox Blu-ray stand-alone player. Both were Black Friday deals and the TV looks great (especially for PS3 gaming). Just need to buy a wall mount and an entertainment center for all my components.

HUELEN10

Blue Heeler said:
I picked up a 46" Sony Bravia LCD 1080p HDTV and a Magnavox Blu-ray stand-alone player. Both were Black Friday deals and the TV looks great (especially for PS3 gaming). Just need to buy a wall mount and an entertainment center for all my components.
If you had a PS3, why did you need the extra BD player?

Gameboy415

My last few pick-ups of the month plus NSMBWii, which FINALLY arrived today!
Guess that's what I get for using Play-Asia's free shipping. :lol

0911Last.jpg

The Nightmare Before Christmas JP DVD - only 400円!
Brave Story JP DVD - also only 400円! Plus it has English subs! :D
Short Circuit 2 JP DVD - 400円 and I just got the first one on BluRay from Amazon.
New Super Mario Bros. Wii - AT LAST!
ロザリオとマンパイア (Rosario + Vampire) Season II Volume 3 - one of my fav manga series

I ordered a TON of stuff from Black Friday/Cyber Monday sales, but pics of those will have to wait until I head back to the States for the holidays!

Deadly

Tashi0106 said:
Halo: Evolutions
The Picture of Dorian Gray by Oscar Wilde
CK Free Cologne for Men
DSC06084.jpg

Have you started reading Evolutions yet? Does it have new stuff or is it only a compilation of the previous books?

OldJadedGamer said:
Big 360 month for me. Sadly didn't see any decent PS3 black Friday deals. Got Midnight Club for $10 which actually is a good game, got Tekken 6 with the wireless arcade stick for $40 bucks. I don't even like Tekken and I'm selling it used to Amazon for $31 meaning I got the wireless arcade stick for $9 bucks. Score! Then L4D2 I got for $40 and paid full price for Assassin's Creed II cause I was impatient. Oh well.

Oh, and the best score... The complete book of Genesis illustrated by R.Crumb. I can't put it down, great bathroom reading!!!
you mind posting some page shots of the genesis book?

Manp

kylej said:

IMG_0816.JPG

size 11 shoes next to it for scale.

looks like you have a hole in the floor there :lol cool poster!

:)

ResidentDante said:
What is this?

It's a DVD that came with the Japanese version of Shadow of the Colossus (can't remember how it was distributed, it was either with it for a short production run or seperate) and it has footage of when Ico was on PS1. It looked amazing for a PS1 game too! There is other early footage, and trailers etc too.

Probably a few more things but can't remember, not watched it since I got mine 4 years ago.

nny

ResidentDante said:
What is this?

It was a pre-order bonus for Shadow of the Colossus in Japan. It's basically a collection of trailers for both ICO and Shadow of the Colossus. It also has some image galleries.

More info here

Damn, the footage of the multiplayer shadow of the colossus looks like fun :/

ArchAngel said:
hanaminonwar.jpg

haha :lol

How is Minon? I've been curious about it.

oblo

552_dscn0679.jpg

A friend of me bought my black DS Lite form launch this weekend, the perfect excuse I needed to finally get me a red one. :D

Top Bottom