• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2009 Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

New 40 Inch 1080P Sony Bravia - Black Friday 2009 - Only $599.99 - SCORE! :D

2r77dok.jpg

Zaptruder

Banned
practice02 said:
Upgraded the old battlestation with an LG series 55 37 inch tv and got rock band beatles.
thenewbattalestation.jpg
You can get the top on, if you lower the height of the desk and its support underneath it...

It's a viable option, because I've done it myself. The top bit is definetly useful for putting stuff on as well.

jergrah

A little late posting this month, have had MW2 and AC2 for a bit - snagged Dead Space:Extraction for $19.99 at Gamestop this afternoon

4awa.jpg

Zaptruder said:
You can get the top on, if you lower the height of the desk and its support underneath it...

It's a viable option, because I've done it myself. The top bit is definetly useful for putting stuff on as well.
I've got extenders thanks bud

SmZA

I've been too busy to post until now, so here's all my November stuff at once!

14wgf3k.jpg

I've wanted a pressure cooker for ages. So far I've cooked a stew, a vegetarian chili, and a bunch of bits and pieces. It's great! I'll try and post to the IronGAF cook thread next time I use it.

3589ppg.jpg

Three very good books about cooking. I especially recommend What Einstein Told His Cook even though I really hate the title.

6z9c9y.jpg

Cormac McCarthy's The Road (an excellent and fast read), Piano instruction book & DVD, Edward Said's book of music essays.

bfrzo2.jpg

A couple of friends have told me to watch FLCL for years, I finally got round to it and it's great. Operation Flashpoint may have been a waste of money.

jslqno.jpg

Steam has made me a broken man. Still more sales to come.

10h54yf.jpg

Attended Star Wars exhibition and Aida and will be seeing Cosi Fan Tutte in a few days.

29ndruh.jpg

I've had a Space Pen since I was little and it's slowly fallen apart, so I got a new one to replace it. I never get the opportunity to write in a vacuum or underwater but it fits perfectly in my wallet.

102w1z6.jpg

My most irritating pickup - a mo for Movember - just three more days and I can shave the damn thing off! I did raise over $100 which makes up for it.

rbct9k.jpg

And finally... I got an award for being awesome!

SmZA

Sorry, I forgot a few things...

34eypgl.jpg

Some classical box sets which were on special.

eakzz4.jpg

My usual grab-bag of random cheap CDs.

nbvo08.jpg

And finally, to keep germane to the Gaming section, Advance Wars Dual Strike.

ibu

Getting all the Playstation series of the Resident Evils.

5dun0w.jpg

FFIX Guide... hard to find at a decent price these days.

14w3vqb.jpg

Sorry for the bad image quality took with Curve 8900, awaiting my camera to be returned from my friend.

Machine

11-28-09pickups.jpg

Recent pickups. The martial arts films were from a video rental store that is going out of business - 5 DVDs for $20.

Ecto311

kingslunk said:
3568202958_8d32c13f78_o.jpg

FINALLY ITS MINE

I remember buying this when it came out. I didn't know it was hard to find..

Edit: I just searched eBay and damn its worth way more then I thought. I enjoy the shit out of some tool but this set was a disappointment when I was in highschool. Maybe it was the lame VHS that did it I don't remember.

Asparagus

drkOne said:
Those What a Wonderful World covers screamed Solanin to me, went to check if there was a relation, and BAM! Must have.
Read Solanin this Summer and it was inspiring to say the least.
Flek said:
woha iam curently reading solanin and love it SOOOOO mouch please tell me great (?) "what a wonderfll world" is???

It's nice to see the Solanin love, I really enjoyed it as well when I bought it earlier this year. I'm not too far into What a Wonderful World yet but it looks like it's going to be equally good.

Roxas

ibu said:

14w3vqb.jpg

Sorry for the bad image quality took with Curve 8900, awaiting my camera to be returned

Nice pick up. Shame about the shitty PlayOnline password system which doesnt even work.

D

Deleted member 12837

Unconfirmed Member
Robobandit said:
Picked up 3 Dell Monitors for my ATI Eyefinity widescreen gaming setup..

Also, picked up Dragon Age earlier this month, both are represented below :D

*sweet pics of 3 monitor set-up*

What model monitors are these? I've been looking for a good monitor that can swivel to portrait or landscape mode...

ibu

Ogs said:
*Splooge* so jealous.

Don't be... its been a pain in the arse... gonna get the black label Resi 2 to finish off... Then moving on to obtaining Dreamcast and Wii-Makes

Jucksalbe

Banned
Roxas said:
Nice pick up. Shame about the shitty PlayOnline password system which doesnt even work.

Did they take down the website? I have the whole content that was online on my HDD if anyone needs it.

oracrest

I found a few really sweet uncut capcom arcade marquees.

This was one of my favorite games growing up. If it was in an arcade, I always went straight for it. And it had really good original illustration for the cabinet.

2f8dfb6d.jpg

08866fa5.jpg

2f8dfb6d-1.jpg

and then a complete NES Zanac. It was the first gamei everowned, and I always loved the packaging art.

946c5d68.jpg

Dreweyes

GAMES:
Modern Warfare 2 w/ Coundown Clock
Samurai Shodown Anthology ($12ish bucks @ GameStop!)
Legend of Zelda (Complete)
Anticipation (Complete)
Robocop
Section Z
Mega Man 6
Duck Tales
Wall Street Kid :)lol )
Base Wars (going to have it made into a nes Mother 1)

MOVIES:
Armageddon (Criterion) ($6 @ MovieStop)
The Bad Sleep Well (Criterion) ($15 @ MovieStop)
The Third Man (Criterion BluRay) (OOP!)
American Psycho ($6 @ Blockbuster)
Stargate ($6 @ Blockbuster)
First Blood ($6 @ Blockbuster
Gremlins
Goonies

MUSIC:
Depeche Mode - sounds of the universe LP

And the little picture in front of Zelda is of my unborn son so far! :D

SDC13188.jpg

Dreweyes said:
And the little picture in front of Zelda is of my unborn son so far! :D

Congrats!! Get used to not being able to buy all those nice things in future!! :D ( I have a 5 month old and barely get time anymore!! ) - but it'll be well worth it in the end!

Dreweyes

woodsey1982 said:
Congrats!! Get used to not being able to buy all those nice things in future!! :D ( I have a 5 month old and barely get time anymore!! ) - but it'll be well worth it in the end!

Haha I'm sure! Thanks for the advice! :D

rockmang15

Neo Member
oracrest said:
I found a few really sweet uncut capcom arcade marquees.

This was one of my favorite games growing up. If it was in an arcade, I always went straight for it. And it had really good original illustration for the cabinet.

2f8dfb6d.jpg

and then a complete NES Zanac. It was the first gamei everowned, and I always loved the packaging art.

946c5d68.jpg

I own a DnD Shadows Over Mystara/Tower of Doom arcade machine (CPS2), and Zanac was my fav NES game too! Dude, we should hang out! :lol

The Take Out Bandit said:
I'm a dirty fucking whore.

NovemberPickups.jpg

Broke down and got a Shantae 2 player used, $129.99 before I traded in $53 in DVD, BRD, PSP, and PS3 wares. :|

I'm ready for the Shantaepocalypse now! Bring it on.

No other real use for the fucking thing. . .

Did you get that Warhawk statue from PSNation Podcast?

kingslunk said:
Tool - Salival [DVD/CD] box set thats been out of print since like 2001

Heh I bought that set for around $30 when it came out - sold it back in 2005 or so for around $120. I love tool but that was too good to pass up.

ibu said:
Don't be... its been a pain in the arse... gonna get the black label Resi 2 to finish off... Then moving on to obtaining Dreamcast and Wii-Makes

Oh i know, i tried myself awhile ago to get a nice complete collection in top condition non-platinum, damn its a pain :lol

SmZA

spats said:
The Glenn Gould Goldberg variations are really something. Nice pick-up!
Thanks. If you want to read more about Glenn Gould check out the Edward Said essays pictured above, the dude was a huge fan and had some great insight.

Jason

Paulathon said:
Thanks. If you want to read more about Glenn Gould check out the Edward Said essays pictured above, the dude was a huge fan and had some great insight.

It was impossible to find that CD set when it was first released in Toronto. I think I managed to find one a couple weeks later. :lol

Borman

IMG_0696.jpg

Got this a few days ago. A Motion tablet, from 2003 but the screen is awesome, not a touchscreen and needs the stylus, but thats exactly what I prefer. Specs are at least as good as most netbooks out there, so for 250 with a stand and keyboard, along with a case, Im happy.

oracrest

rockmang15 said:
I own a DnD Shadows Over Mystara/Tower of Doom arcade machine (CPS2), and Zanac was my fav NES game too! Dude, we should hang out! :lol

is it a combined unit? I never knew they made that. I have the collection on the Saturn, but it's all in Japanese, so unless you know the paths by heart, they are random.

I dropped the $$$ for a copy of zanac X for ps1. That one is fun. It has the sequel, and the first, with some different versions of the original. Pretty cool, but not nearly as difficult.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
outsidah said:
is #1 the MW2 pad? Where did u get the shirt?

ODST, as stated.

The shirt I got from a Capcom friend. It's was from a Capcom Fight Club event that took place in New York recently.

Amory

Sorry for the crappy iphone pics

Picked up Pokemon Platinum and Castlevania: PoR for the DS, and Borderlands for the 360.

IMG_0212.jpg

Also got awesome seats at the Celtics v Raptors game last night

IMG_0205.jpg

Which directly resulted in me catching Paul Pierce's headband, which he threw into the crowd after the Celtics' crushing victory

IMG_0213.jpg

All in all, a pretty good week.

SmZA

2cz1u90.jpg

I was VERY close to buying a 120GB Zune off of eBay instead. It would have had 3/4 the capacity, crap warranty, worse battery life and for the same price, but I was still tempted. That's how much I hate iTunes. I guess I'm tied to Apple now but at least I no longer have to shuffle files on and off my 1GB iRiver.

rockmang15

Neo Member
oracrest said:
is it a combined unit? I never knew they made that. I have the collection on the Saturn, but it's all in Japanese, so unless you know the paths by heart, they are random.

I dropped the $$$ for a copy of zanac X for ps1. That one is fun. It has the sequel, and the first, with some different versions of the original. Pretty cool, but not nearly as difficult.

They are both CPS B Boards, 2 carts, just have to swap them out, since they use the same number of buttons and all the hardware is the same.

Top Bottom