• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF NOVEMBER 2011 Pick-Up Post!! (Real pics or BAN!)! - 5 Year Anniversary!

Status
Not open for further replies.
StickyFingers said:
What is the best hosting site for pictures?

And is there also a hosting site for use on the Iphone?

Thanks.
on iOS I run with Picup. it rocks, and thankfully automatically resizes photos for web-friendly resolutions.

LifEndz

jonno394 said:
Re-bought Red Dead Redemption, never played Undead Nightmare so really looking forward to it. Sons of Anarchy comes highly recommended by one of my mates and the little blue thing is helping me post this pic seeing as my built in card reader has stopped working!!

102_4329.jpg

Nice pick ups. I really want to play Undead Nightmare and I've been thinking about re-purchasing RDR, so I might post the same pics later on this month.

And I've heard nothing but good things about SOA also. Enjoy.

styl3s

jonno394 said:
Re-bought Red Dead Redemption, never played Undead Nightmare so really looking forward to it. Sons of Anarchy comes highly recommended by one of my mates and the little blue thing is helping me post this pic seeing as my built in card reader has stopped working!!

102_4329.jpg
Is that SOA set blu-ray? if so any bonus extras?

addicted to that show and own 1-3 on BR but i like the cover for that, wondering if there is anything in it to justify the double dip.

eXistor

Coupla things: Ness t-shirt and yoyo to complete my never-to-wear-ensemble.
Also from Fangamer: a bunch of Mario and Mother magnets.
And the big one: Sonic Generations CE. The figurine is cheap as hell (hollow plastic with cheap paint splashed on it), but it looks pretty nice nontheless. The box might be my favorite thing about the whole set, it's so nice.

/edit: oh yeah I picked up a used Kinect Sensor for €15,- I doubt I'm ever gonna use it, but for that price I couldn't resist.

Excuse the seemingly complete lack of lighting in the pics btw, didn't realise they'd come out this dark.

35n66a1.jpg

wsw95z.jpg

165b11.jpg

Melchiah

Blackheim said:
Ordered an Enochian Crescent - Black Church Limited CD, a fellow GAFers band, and their record label Woodcut sent along 2 other CDs (Vorum and Alghazanth) + promotional stuff. Not bad for $18 :D

Good to hear you got it. Hopefully your copy was in good condition, as that Russian edition's front cover had pretty bad gluing in the lower edges. Well, at least mine had. I told the label to send you a copy that's in better condition.

Naka

Photo%20Oct%2030%2C%201%2003%2025%20PM.jpg

Photo%20Oct%2030%2C%201%2003%2047%20PM.jpg

It's a certified pre-owned, but it only has 17k miles on it. It has navigation and a 5 year/100k mile warranty. Super happy, love the color. I need to get it tinted soon though.

jonno394

LifEndz said:
Nice pick ups. I really want to play Undead Nightmare and I've been thinking about re-purchasing RDR, so I might post the same pics later on this month.

And I've heard nothing but good things about SOA also. Enjoy.

Just got to finish Uncharted 1 first then I can dive into Undead. Looking forward to finally free roaming with a bud in Zombie mode. He wants to go on foot from Tall Trees all the way to the western city in mexico (I forget it's name). He usually gets to armadillo on his own before being overwhelmed.

styl3s said:
Is that SOA set blu-ray? if so any bonus extras?

addicted to that show and own 1-3 on BR but i like the cover for that, wondering if there is anything in it to justify the double dip.

No, just the UK double pack. I didn't plum for BD just incase I didn't like it. Watched the first episode, good stuff so far.

StickyFingers said:
Thanks. Let's see if this works.

I just got Sonic Generations today. I thought cool, always wanted a Sonic figurine, small one I thought, imagine my surprise how big it really was.

QCSsZl.jpg

Without the sleeve
bAQ6Tl.jpg

Opening the box
R32cil.jpg

The ring
U6LSRl.jpg

Artbook
JWGR6l.jpg

OST closed
btLeIl.jpg

OST opened I have no idea why imgur rotated the picture.
HsqOTl.jpg

Figurine. This is very nice.
10sMbl.jpg

All together now
b7W0Wl.jpg

I really like the package. I'm playing it at the moment and what can say. I love it. It will keep me busy together with the Batman challenges untill November 18th

I'm really feeling this right here. That is nice!

_dementia said:
Fuck, they're out of smalls. I would have bought one.

WOW. It took him forever to get the shirt up. I wanted the grey version more then any color but he decided to not release it on grey. :-/

Hellish

Liquidsnake said:
Trust me when I tell you that this is one of the few times in my life when something went my way.

I have been hunting for it early, even all the small local shops who normally break street dates aren't doing it for MW3.

Blackheim

Melchiah said:
Good to hear you got it. Hopefully your copy was in good condition, as that Russian edition's front cover had pretty bad gluing in the lower edges. Well, at least mine had. I told the label to send you a copy that's in better condition.

Yep, no complaints at all ... other than it's a digipak :p Don't care for them (precisely because they show wear and tear rapidly), but I have some polyclear plastic sleeves to stash it in to keep it in good condition :D Thank you again and please tell them thank you and that they are awesome :p

Now, if only Telocvovim would get here, I ordered it ages ago it seems!

Amagon

Ah, I miss this thread after living 5 days without power because of the snowstorm here in NJ. Sorry for the shat picture quality, camera phone. :/

MrK45l.jpg

(Left to Right starting from the Top Down)

- Chappelle's Show Season 1
- Chappelle's Show Season 2
- Jackass: The Movie
- Jackass Number Two
- Green Legend Ran
- Downtown: The Animated Series (Legit, straight from the creators themselves, Titmouse!)
- Cronos (Blu Ray)
- Daft Punk's Interstella 5555 (Blu Ray) / Actually won it from blu-ray.com ^_^
- Rounders (Blu Ray)
- Life is Beautiful (Blu Ray)
- From Paris with Love (Blu Ray)
- Punisher: War Zone (Blu Ray)

I got some car mags too on the side, (Super Street, Import Tuner, DSport) not shown which I still gotta catch up on reading. I'm actually debating if I should still keep my preorder on the Amazon Fire and wait for the reviews to see if its worth it. Trying to talk myself out so idk.

2011-11-1.jpg

Uncharted 3 CE and the CE Strategy Guide.

2011-11-2.jpg

Finally found a complete copy of SMT: Devil Summoner in great condition! :D I also picked up BTTF since I missed the PC Steam sale last week. :(

2011-11-3.jpg

Stopped at a Best Buy near work to return something and found a huge clearance section that none of the other ones in my area have and came out with those. I will have to check by more regularly now.

2011-11-4.jpg

Found these at a local store. I was looking at the PSP section and had to do a double take when I saw BoF3 since it was only released in Europe.

sadromeo

Gav47 said:
I'm noticing a lot of people are picking this up. Any pics the contents, does it have concept art etc?

It has concept art in the back. It really is a well done guidebook. Especially the trim and detail on the outsides. Well worth the money, IMHO.

It also has 10 songs of the game soundtrack.

Blackheim

8BitsAtATime said:
Is this any good, I loved his Gotham Road stuff

I like it yeah. It's very different from the Gotham Road stuff, his more recent stuff has a more rock-ish/singer-songwriter feel I guess with that Graves Punk twist. This release is only 3 songs: Burn Baby Burn, Best of Me (Live in Pittsburgh) and Burn Baby Burn (Original Demo). I tried to find the link for the CD but, it's not there anymore. Hopefully it's just an issue with the ReverbNation site. There's other songs there you can stream though:

http://www.reverbnation.com/michalegraves?kick=450260

Here's one of the songs, found on YT: Burn Baby Burn

Edit: The page works now! http://www.reverbnation.com/store/view_item_album/artist_1303827?item_id=622059

Buttons

Shadow780 said:

Wow that is amazing, sorry just had to quote it again. :eek: Where did you pruchase it? As far as I know it's rare as hell and the next reprint is only coming in January 2012, for Europe at least.

And wow at all that Suikoden stuff above me, looks amazing. :D

Shadow780

Buttons said:
Wow that is amazing, sorry just had to quote it again. :eek: Where did you pruchase it? As far as I know it's rare as hell and the next reprint is only coming in January 2012, for Europe at least.

Yahoo Auctions, shipping was a bitch though, almost the price of the item!

plc268

Manp said:
dude, update that thing to latest firmware and enjoy! best ssd
that actually works
out there

:)

Yea. While the sandforce drives are a bit quicker and cheaper, I decided to pay the extra money for fewer headaches (hopefully... haven't installed it yet).

upandaway

ZNnXO.jpg

Te5qt.jpg

What's going on here (I'm counting everything from September till now):
*prices are all more expensive due to import/israel tax

PC (~$800) has i2500 and a 6850
DAS Keyboard (~$160)
MX518 (~$40)
Beats Solo HD
Asus ML248 (~$350)
Trackpad (~$90)

DAS and Magic Mouse/Trackpad are shared (no lag as far as I can tell), and the ML248 is also dual monitor for the iMac.

The Beats were a random present my dad got from work today which really came out of nowhere. All I had was some cheap headphones before and I didn't plan on upgrading.

Anyway.. aside from 2 games, I'm done with spending for a while. Got no money left.

I just hope the PC is far enough from the wall that it won't be a problem. There's about 20cm there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom