• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER 2012 Pick-Up Post!! Show Us Your Gaming Goods (Real pics or BAN!)!

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
4JQTS.jpg
Yay for Kickstarter.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
NES: Rolling Thunder, Commando
rollingcommando.jpg

NES: Battletoads, Batman Return of the Joker
battlebatman.jpg

DC: Crazy Taxi 2, Nightmare Creatures 2
crazycreatures.jpg

PS1: Spyro, Spyro 2: Ripto's Rage
spyro12.jpg

Cruis'n USA (N64), Spyro 3: Year of the Dragon
crusinspyro.jpg

Bii

Seeing the box for Crusin' USA brings back memories. It was the one game I got with my Nintendo 64. I really wanted to get Super Mario 64 but my older brother convinced to get Crusin' USA instead since "we always get the Mario games". I fought it for a while but decided to heed his advice. At the time, Crusin' USA was decent and it kept us occupied for months. Of course, I told him off a few years later after having found out how great Mario 64 was (we were only able to pick/buy one or two games a year as we were growing up). Come to think of it, I've never really thoroughly played Super Mario 64. I'll probably look into getting the DS version soon to rectify that.

8115291033_14c832e46e_b.jpg

Harvest Moon 3D: A New Beginning. 15th Anniversary Edition. Nintendo 3DS. $60
The game's release date is slated for November 6th but I got mine early from pre-ordering the exclusive 15th anniversary edition at Natsume's online shop. For an extra $10 to get the 12" cow plush seems like a good deal to me. Now I'll just have to buy the other pre-order bonus Yak separately to "complete" it.

8115290951_0502407110_b.jpg

Code of Princess. Sound&Visual CD/Artbook Bonus. Nintendo 3DS. $32
Ordered it from Newegg and they shipped it in a bubble mailer. My box came a bit crushed on the side flap. I don't think I'll be ordering from Newegg for special editions any longer. At least it was $10 cheaper if I were to buy it from another shop/retailer.

8115299304_7b4965c5fc_b.jpg

Pokemon Black Version 2. Nintendo DS. $35
Pokemon White Version 2. Nintendo DS. $35
Pokemon Black Version 2 and Pokemon White Version 2 Strategy Guide. Collector's Edition. $5
All I've been playing for the past two weeks is Black 2. I just beat the Elite 4/Champion a few nights ago, clocking in at ~35 hours. Now onto the post game stuff. I'll probably start White 2 early next year to catch them all again.

Time to start loading up on PSP games.

IMG_6725.png

Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions

IMG_6729.png

Monster Hunter Freedom
...this is in a fake gamestop case...

IMG_6730.png

Monster Hunter Freedom 2

IMG_6731.png

Phantasy Star Portable

IMG_6732.png

Ultimate Ghosts N' Goblins

IMG_6733.png

Dave Chapelle: For What It's Worth
I bought this because it was a dollar and the case was in pristine condition. I figure I can watch it once, switch the cases with Monster Hunter, and never touch it again.

I also got something else.
As you may know, this was in the PSP when I got it.
IMG_6716.png

IMG_6717.png

Note the destroyed case.

I found these replacement cases online which are supposed to work great. A 3-pack was 99 cents!
IMG_6718.png

I got it, and... hey, cool. I got 5 in the pack. Nice.

So I put NBA Live in.
IMG_6720.png

It doesn't load.
I mess with it for ablout 30 minutes and can't get it to do anything.
I pop Monster Hunter out of its UMD case and replace it with NBA Live. It reads instantly.

Frustrated, I decided to look at my other games, and...
Monster Hunter 2 is also in a replacement case. It came from gamestop like that. Except something is odd. It fires up and plays right away like a normal game. The case feels a lot heavier, closer to an official one. It feels a lot more sturdy.
IMG_6721.png

Comparison shot.

Turns out that the case on Monster Hunter is by a company named MMR (Multimedia Replacement) and what I got was a cheap chinese knockoff that was advertised as an MMR.
IMG_6723.png

You can see their logo on the official product.

IMG_6724.png

The MMR is on the right. Note the clips and the quality plastic. The MMR is designed so you just pop a game in the top and don't have to snap the two sides together at all.

I'm going to contact the seller tomorrow to try to get a refund. A quick google later and I found a post that said that if you contact MMR and tell them what happened they'll send you some real cases, so I'll see where that goes.

Ledsen

The MMR is on the right. Note the clips and the quality plastic. The MMR is designed so you just pop a game in the top and don't have to snap the two sides together at all.

I'm going to contact the seller tomorrow to try to get a refund. A quick google later and I found a post that said that if you contact MMR and tell them what happened they'll send you some real cases, so I'll see where that goes.

So... you bought a 3-pack of PSP cases for $0.99 on Ebay, expected them not to be Chinese knock-offs, and now are taking the time to try and get a $0.99 refund? Am I reading this correctly?

lordimmortal

Neo Member
While at Toyrs R Us with my little boy we found Adventure Time toys so Jake was a must & next week I'll pick up Fin Got Akai Katana brand new labelled as pre owed at EB for $20 and got Leon on blu-ray for $10 one of the greatest movies ever.

Got some great Club Nintendo Platinum awards Japanese & USA on eBay and Walk With Me for $5 from The Hut

Awesome subscriber only cover of GI & Skylanders Giants with exclusive Glow in the dark Fright Rider figure.

Wouldn't that be nice? I have serious doubts that my 60GB BC PS3 lasts long enough to actually play all the PS2 games I have been amassing -.-

I missed out on most ps2 games, so i love those HD remasters and ICO, SoC, wish they bring more though, and if they are not planing on it the should dump the best ones on PSN, instead they are adding some bullshit disney games, they could use their massive ps2 collection to help sell their ps3's

NeoRausch

I. Was like:

huh... Pretty barren...

billy for games...ok
sd tv for ols games....ok. Well that's nice.

then i scrolled down.....

:-----D

awesome!

My pickup of the next few years(Next on the list is a house...)

MY09 Golf GTI - Limited Pirelli Edition
Fast little thing. Will update with an interior shot tonight. Don't want to risk a ban by using one from google and I currently don't have a self shot interior photo.

sweet ride!

kaststaataan_zps28899e71.jpg

buttons needs to be replaced - my 1st candy

Nice! Welcome to the club! Got to de-yellow that speaker plate!

If you are in the US check out Paradisearcade or Focus attack for the best prices/shipping speed if you need new Seimeitsu buttons/sticks.

MYE

IT ARRIIIIVVVED!!!

j9Pm8.jpg

Lbu2l.jpg

NF7rm.jpg

This thing is PACKED full of amazing stuff holy shit
:D :D :D

(sorry about the terrible pic quality)

Jhriad

IMAG0146.jpg

I don't normally post pick-ups but I wanted to post this. Managed to snag Yakuza: Dead Souls, Binary Domain, and the Team ICO HD Collection for $40 because my Best Buy is price matching Amazon and that stacked with the current Buy 2 get the 3rd free deal.

canocha

Some retro stuff:

Mega Drive Model 1 (High Definition Graphics)

zlFEd.jpg

Another Arcade Stick 1, 6 and 3 button controllers:

SgSxz.jpg

And for my girlfriend, Pokemon Black

niDFe.jpg

Top Bottom