• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OCTOBER Pick-Up Post! (Real pics or BAN!)

sinxtanx

Since I just put in an order for a Ps3 Slim and a few games on Amazon, I figured I should check on my digital camera. Turns out the little fucker went and died from non-usage. Come next week, I will have to use the web camera in my netbook.

K' Dash

New TV :D

Sorry for the shitty cell phone camera pics :p

262ma9u.jpg

2qmdn2f.jpg

LRB1983

Banned
Free from last week Euro PSN Error
fcH4G.jpg

Just Got PSP Go gran turismo code, waiting for PSP Go free games award codes.
uCwK4.jpg

2 more pair of real Triggers (I already had one but no more second controller shitty excuse XD)
DzYE7.jpg

I don't know If I posted this:
JLv5k.jpg

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
MortalMonkey said:
Not sure if this counts as a pick-up, but I did just create myself a fresh new 360 controller. Replaced the standard sticks with dualshock sticks and the d-pad with the d-pad from an old controller S.
IMG_0141.jpg

nice job there. Why did you replace the analog sticks though?

Manp

grap3fruitman said:
Into this mess:
Photo0119.jpg

the fan on the cpu seems on the wrong side of the heatsink
it should push the air through the fins to the back of the case where the case fan will push it out.

also i think the PSU is upside down. usually if the case has the spot for the psu on the bottom the fan is supposed to face down, but i'm not sure if antec cases has both set of holes to mount the psu in either position.

the ram fans are pretty useless if you're not going for extreme overclocks. otherwise they'll add noise for no particular reason.

MortalMonkey said:
Not sure if this counts as a pick-up, but I did just create myself a fresh new 360 controller. Replaced the standard sticks with dualshock sticks and the d-pad with the d-pad from an old controller S.
did the same with one of my 360 controllers long ago, but only for the internal mechanism. it really makes a difference!

:)

Drkirby

Corporate Apologist
A few more games for my PS3:
103009.jpg

I am a bit pissed that Katamari Forever has a Black and White manual. Tons of nice art, wasted without the color.

marwan

Banned
APZonerunner said:
How is it? Still trying to decide between this and an iPhone.

both are great devices, the N97 is a tad slower since it's a 400Mhz while the iPhone is 600Mhz. both have tons of apps, my complaint with apple is that the came is extremely lousy(N97 is Carl Ziess) and also the battery on the N97 lasts so much longer. N97 has one through 2 firmwares and is stable, but in October a new firmware is coming out to improve the speed, free more ram and add kinetic scrolling in all menus including the web browser, it's a resistive screen but very sensitive. it also has a built in compass and GPS and the 5mp camera eclipses the lousy 3GS phone. i have both phones and love them, the only thing going for the 3GS is the app store and refine UI, but the N97 is far more customizable! N97 also has widgets that stream live CNN, Ruiters, Email and Facebook notifications.

i have both so i ain't complaining, but the 3GS upgrade was a pure disappointment.

bte, Nokia phones now have an Ovi store, which like the app store on the iPhone.

the N97 also has a graphic accelerator and NGage support(RE, MGS, NFS Shift and a buncha other stuff. the App store is better in terms of app variety, but the N97 is far more customizable.

PM if you wanna discuss this further, i'd be happy to help.

agm2502

Sorry for poor mobile phone pics.

Singstar Motown & Nature's great events:
3977448647_f617a01a1e_b.jpg

Finally got round to picking up the West Wing boxset, Batman anthology as well,
3977447765_c83fc67cfd_b.jpg

Got new laptop for my final year at uni,
3977446853_4cd2a7a7d0_b.jpg

Finally I can use my G25 which I got in the Play.com £99 deal, Wheel stand pro, so worth the £99 pound.
3978208364_3ef8e5c01a_b.jpg

littleorphanfunk said:
new bedroom tv; 42 inch 1080p panny plasma
_MG_0827.jpg

also came with a free blu ray player bringing my household total to 4 :lol

Dude...your plasma is about an inch off-center. That would drive me nuts!

Oh and good choice on the Panny. I have a 50" myself.

JEKKI said:
whoo! starting off bone thugs month early with the first pickup!!

these are the 358/2 days of our lives

122hg6t.jpg

now come into my kingdom u can see that we are more than hearts

(more than hearts ~ more than hearts ~ more than hearts)

we just a little twist of harmony bud smokin lethal warriors

(warriors ~ warriors ~ warriors)

What the Hell is up with the Bone Thugs & Harmony Jokes?

b.e.r.g

Dynamic3 said:
If your a fan of Islay malts you gotta get some Lagavulin 21 (even the 16 is phenomenal).
Hehe, well it's sitting right next to my Lagavulin 12, which so far is my favorite! I heard this one is good, but not as good as Lagavulin, cheaper though. Considering the price of the 12 alone, I picture the 21 is rather expensive...

faridmon

Toy Soldier said:
I wouldn't be surprised if Pinball HoF and My World My Way end up on my 2009 Top Ten list. HoF feels like the definitive console pinball sim, the presentation is spot on. My World My Way is so unique, the pout system is a really cool gameplay mechanic. It's a blast to play.

oct.jpg

oct1.jpg

oct2.jpg

Jeffree Star's debut is the first of many CDs on my Fall to-buy list. I got an autographed copy that came with a few pins. He managed to pump out a pretty darn good album, thanks in large part to it being slathered in his awesome over the top persona. Production is slick electro pop, very well done.
does SNK Vs Capcom Card Fighting DS work properly? i want it to get it, but am afraid of the bug that have been reported. and is it worth buying it?

agm2502

Gameboy415 said:
Singstar MOTOWN!?!?!

Holy crap I need that RIGHT NOW!

What artists are included???

EU release only at the moment although it is region free.

# David Ruffin - Put A Little Love In Your Heart
# Diana Ross & The Supremes - Reflections
# Jimmy Ruffin - What Becomes Of The Broken Hearted
# Lionel Richie - My Destiny
# Martha Reeves & The Vandellas - Jimmy Mack
# Martha Reeves & The Vandellas - Nowhere To Run
# Martha Reeves & The Vandellas - Dancing In The Street (PS3 Only)
# Marvin Gaye - Let's Get It On
# Marvin Gaye - What's Going On?
# Marvin Gaye - I Heard It Through The Grapevine (PS3 Only)
# Marvin Gaye & Kim Weston - It Takes Two
# Mary Wells - My Guy
# Rick James - Super Freak
# Smokey Robinson - Being With You
# Smokey Robinson And The Miracles - The Tracks Of My Tears
# Stevie Wonder - For Once In My Life
# The Commodores - Brick House
# The Commodores - Easy
# The Contours - Do You Love Me
# The Four Tops - Reach Out I'll Be There
# The Four Tops - I Can't Help Myself (Sugar Pie, Honey Bunch) (PS3 Only)
# The Isley Brothers - This Old Heart Of Mine (Is Weak For You)
# The Jackson 5 - ABC
# The Jackson 5 - I Want You Back (PS3 Only)
# The Miracles - Love Machine
# The Supremes - You Can't Hurry Love
# The Supremes - Stop In The Name Of Love (PS3 Only)
# The Temptations - Get Ready
# The Temptations - Papa Was A Rollin' Stone
# The Velvelettes - Needle In A Haystack

This is going to be like pickup post since End of July, but here goes --

42' Viera Plasma - my first HDTV. Fucking love it. I want to re-play games just to see them on this compared to my old 22" computer monitor.
HNI_0038.jpg

Went a little PS3 crazy last month -
HNI_0043.jpg

HNI_0039.jpg

Some kid sold this to me while I was in line at gamestop - they wanted to give him $1.50 I gave him $2 cash and it was mine!
HNI_0040.jpg

And because I'm tired of waiting for CFW 6.0 - I got a Blue PSP 2000 from some dude on craigslist for $130. Some shitty games came with it and I just traded those in at gamestop, they were disc only sports and tuner racing games. The PSP itself is in perfect condition from what I can tell. My trusty old PSP 1000 running 5.00 M33-4 is seen in the background, and MOTORSTORM, which I love.
HNI_0041.jpg

And I like taking pictures of the DS games I buy so they show up in the DSi menu when you start up-
HNI_0044.jpg

HNI_0045.jpg

jaydogg691

More stuff for the Go.

In-ear headset.
DSC00411.jpg

$20 PSN card.
DSC00417.jpg

The Biggest pick-up in PSP history.
DSC00410.jpg

IT'S FINALLY HERE!!!

Edit: Just bought a month of Photobucket Pro to show these pics. Exceeded my 10GB bandwidth. :(

enewtabie

Picked up a few things recently.
Besides the PSPgo(already posted a pic). I picked up some screensavers and a case. Also got Fieldrunners since I never got it on my touch and luckily got Undead Knights. Haven't really played with the PSP much,but now that I have a go and it's so damn small. I'm using it all the time at work. Now it's time for Uncharted on PSP.:D

014-1.jpg

023.jpg

024-1.jpg

025.jpg

WEGGLES

IMG_0058.jpg

CDs get! The Fiery Furnaces - I'm Going Away. Sold stuff.
The Flaming Lips - Yoshimi Battles the Pink Robots. WHY DON'T YOU ALREADY HAVE THIS?!
The Beatles - Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club Band 2009 Stereo Remaster. Much better than the previous stereo remaster! Excellent packaging and such. Mucho tempted to get the whole set!

IMG_0057.jpg

Had a coupon, $10 off if you spend $40 at Coles. So I got Scott Pilgrim #1 and Batman The Long Halloween. I also got a book for someone for Xmas/B-day.

IMG_0060.jpg

Awesome keychain is awesome. The feet light up SUPER bright.

Beq

Neo Member
red shoe paul said:
What an awkward place for the TV, haha.

Well it is from the bedroom, and you can tell that the shot was taken from his bed. I don't know where else I would put the tv without totally rearranging the room.

faridmon said:
does SNK Vs Capcom Card Fighting DS work properly? i want it to get it, but am afraid of the bug that have been reported. and is it worth buying it?

As dragonflys545 said, they did a recall for fixed cartridges, but most of the ones I've seen are the original releases. That's what I picked up, the FUBAR'd one.

But the good thing is that you can find it really cheap, I paid around $5. It's a fun, fun game. The CCG elements themselves are solid, so I've been enjoying it, even knowing I won't be able to actually finish it. I'd say it's worth a few bucks just to experience the dueling - regardless of completing the storyline.

Truespeed said:
Holy crap! That really trumps mine, so I tried to tidy up a bit only got so far:
Photo0129.jpg

Photo0133.jpg

Compared to the old one I think it's much better.
Photo0119.jpg

Manp said:
the fan on the cpu seems on the wrong side of the heatsink
it should push the air through the fins to the back of the case where the case fan will push it out.

also i think the PSU is upside down. usually if the case has the spot for the psu on the bottom the fan is supposed to face down, but i'm not sure if antec cases has both set of holes to mount the psu in either position.
The fan on the heatsink was on the wrong way, I don't see how you can tell from the photo. I had to use a strip of toilet paper to check which way the air flow was going. =P

And how would the PSU be upside down? The fan being covered up doesn't make any sense to me.

Also picked up the Oblongs dvd new and sealed from a seller on Amazon Marketplace for only ~$13 shipped.
Photo0125.jpg

red shoe paul said:
What an awkward place for the TV, haha.
How's it akward there's a window on the adjacent wall and my bed is on the opposite wall. Plus I couldn't put it in the corner because my dresser is there, not to mention I have a 4 poster bed and can only see unobstructed looking straight. Not to mention the wall space is the perfect size for a 42 inch plasma.

Loving it so far, clean install tapping romex into the outlet below ...hdmi in wall up through the attic ( it was a bitch to run and it was like 100 degrees). Now i just need to get a cable box receiver 5 in ceiling speakers and a sub

jaydogg691

Nakazato said:
Might pick these up how are they ??
They're ok and have good Bass. They are a hassle to get in ear (at least for me), but comes with three different size earbuds so you might find something good for you.

nilbog21 said:
^lol why is that box so big? is there a psp in there?
It's comes with a nice little carrying case. Still, the packaging is a overdone.
DSC00425.jpg

Top Bottom