• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGaf OLED owners thread

Has anyone here order a tv from best to be delivered to their house if so how was the experience?
I live about 20 minutes from Best Buy and they used a third-party company. Nice guys though. Was able to choose a morning or afternoon time. They will call you shortly before they arrive in their box truck. Drop off the TV. Done. I'd imagine if you live even closer they may just use Geek Squad.

NeonGhost

uses 'M$' - What year is it? Not 2002.
I see people saying to calibrate the tv with a SDR picture and HDR picture I’m just gonna be using a Xbox series x do I have to manual change the picture settings every time I switch between hdr and sdr content?

Shai-Tan

Banned
I see people saying to calibrate the tv with a SDR picture and HDR picture I’m just gonna be using a Xbox series x do I have to manual change the picture settings every time I switch between hdr and sdr content?
No, the tv will switch between hdr and sdr settings profile auto

Vtecomega

Banned
Hi guys

I have had my of C1 for a couple of days now and absolutely loving it but I've noticed some issues today.

My colours are looking a bit more washed out and colour red is looking more orange. Is there something I can do to fix this?

Also should I rename the inputs to PC mode for series X and PS5?

Edit: Ok so I followed that Vincent guy settings and advice from HDTV. I wish I hadn't...

I renamed my input to PC mode and not only did it introduce more banding but it increased input lag by a significant amount even while in gaming optimiser mode. The image looked washed out completely.

He also advised to enable 4:2:0 on the Xbox setting but this also made it look washed out and crap.

Is this guy legit or what?

Last edited:

MadPanda

Banned
Hi guys

I have had my of C1 for a couple of days now and absolutely loving it but I've noticed some issues today.

My colours are looking a bit more washed out and colour red is looking more orange. Is there something I can do to fix this?

Edit: Ok so I followed that Vincent guy settings and advice from HDTV. I wish I hadn't...

I renamed my input to PC mode and not only did it introduce more banding but it increased input lag by a significant amount even while in gaming optimiser mode. The image looked washed out completely.

He also advised to enable 4:2:0 on the Xbox setting but this also made it look washed out and crap.

Vincent is legit but I don't know what's causing your problem. I haven't got neither ps5 nor xsx so I don't know. I haven't had such a problem on CX and one x. I set my TV to suggested settings by Vincent or rtings or both and it's all good.

Try checking out Rtings.com and see their suggested settings.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Hi guys

Strange. I'm not sure what's going on with yours. Vincent is as legit as they come.

Ordered a 55 inch C1, coming on Wednesday. Decided to skip Sony this year and just calibrate the LG. I want at least the option for real 4k120hz, and don't like Sony's XR AI processing from what i've seen. Don't care about VRR, but the low input lag on LG is nice.

Hope to get the evo panel, but all I really want is a good panel with no horizontal lines in bright content then i'm good. Got some games I really didn't want to play on my messed up A8h this month lol.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Ordered a 55 inch C1, coming on Wednesday. Decided to skip Sony this year and just calibrate the LG. I want at least the option for real 4k120hz, and don't like Sony's XR AI processing from what i've seen. Don't care about VRR, but the low input lag on LG is nice.

Hope to get the evo panel, but all I really want is a good panel with no horizontal lines in bright content then i'm good. Got some games I really didn't want to play on my messed up A8h this month lol.
Got your c1 set up yet? I love mine.

Got your c1 set up yet? I love mine.
Yes and it's got the best motion on an oled i've seen yet, better than Sony which i'm pretty surprised by. Except bfi is worse, but I just have boost game mode on with no bfi. In games motion is smoother as well as less artifacts on movies using interpolation. Great looking hdr, hgig seems to make a difference for games. Ridiculous input lag basically feels like a crt in that way. Gradation and upscaling looks quite a bit worse than Sony, sometimes hugely, but overall i'm very satisfied with how it handles all content.

My unit has one or two prominent horizontal lines when I pan across bright skylines ; same issue I had when I tried a c9 in 2019. How is your set? Any grid patterns or lines? Other than that seemingly very common issue the rest is great. Not sure if I want to play the lottery or not.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Yes and it's got the best motion on an oled i've seen yet, better than Sony which i'm pretty surprised by. Except bfi is worse, but I just have boost game mode on with no bfi. In games motion is smoother as well as less artifacts on movies using interpolation. Great looking hdr, hgig seems to make a difference for games. Ridiculous input lag basically feels like a crt in that way. Gradation and upscaling looks quite a bit worse than Sony, sometimes hugely, but overall i'm very satisfied with how it handles all content.

My unit has one or two prominent horizontal lines when I pan across bright skylines ; same issue I had when I tried a c9 in 2019. How is your set? Any grid patterns or lines? Other than that seemingly very common issue the rest is great. Not sure if I want to play the lottery or not.
Glad your enjoying it overall. No grid patterns or horizontal lines on mine. I'm really impressed with how clean my unit is. I'm also not putting my eyeballs against it looking for issues either lol. Im sure theres something but nothing I can see.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
OK c1 48" panel replacement done.
The lg technician did quick swap. The panel is new with original protective foil in front and back.
No stuck/bright pxiels. No pixels visible on black or white, magenta or red.
I did found 1 dead green subpixel though, so far only visible on green ad yellow. Off to the side. Not a big deal so seems like a good swap so far

Hi guys

It could just be a bit of an adjustment period for your eyes? When I turned Dolby Vision on for Apple TV I hated it at first - looked like crap. Now I can’t go back and think it’s far and away better than with it off.

Or your tv might be faulty lol.

I’m still back and forth on ordering the C1 - I really want it, and my B7 has pretty bad burn in now, but something is holding me back from taking the plunge, not sure why I’m so hesitant. I’m looking at the 77” - I’m all about the size this year. If the 83” was juuust a little cheaper I think I’d want that.

Glad your enjoying it overall. No grid patterns or horizontal lines on mine. I'm really impressed with how clean my unit is. I'm also not putting my eyeballs against it looking for issues either lol. Im sure theres something but nothing I can see.
Yeah I didn’t put my face up to mine, or run 4 and 5 percent gray slides or anything like that lol but unfortunately I know what to look for issue wise and it’s a common problem. Don’t go looking for it IMO but I would have noticed it anyway unfortunately

Hopped on an open box A90J deal for $2k+tax. I went back and forth between that and the A80J.C1/G1 and ultimately landed on the A90J because of the reviews and price.

Can't wait to see the difference between it and my 2018 TCL 6 series (R617)

BlackM1st

Banned
Bro. His settings do make it all looking washed out. I agree. Want the best /worst advice ever? Set your console at full range while TV at limited. You will notice the difference immediately. Guys like him would flip their shit and say that you're doing it all wrong and that you're crushing your blacks. But... Yeah. Try it man.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Bro. His settings do make it all looking washed out. I agree. Want the best /worst advice ever? Set your console at full range while TV at limited. You will notice the difference immediately. Guys like him would flip their shit and say that you're doing it all wrong and that you're crushing your blacks. But... Yeah. Try it man.
What? This is terrible advice and objectively incorrect.

NeonGhost

Anyone have suggestions on what audio setting I should use if I’m using the built in speakers with my lg c1

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
late to the party - but got a LG CX 55 at the start of the year once i had settled down into new digs, new job, etc

it's very nice :)

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Anyone have suggestions on what audio setting I should use if I’m using the built in speakers with my lg c1
Cinema 100%.
you can also run bass boost in ai settings but my speakers crackle a bit when I use it...
And be aware - the fucken tv changes audio mode back to "game optimizer" every time you start a game, or restart a pc or do anything. It's infuriating

NeonGhost

Cinema 100%.
you can also run bass boost in ai settings but my speakers crackle a bit when I use it...
And be aware - the fucken tv changes audio mode back to "game optimizer" every time you start a game, or restart a pc or do anything. It's infuriating
You know the best way to get rid of color banding ?

CuNi

Great coincidence that this thread got bumped, I am probably going to retire my old 50" Samsung LED TV for a OLED one.
I have been eyeing the LG C1s now for a while as it seems they have best Price to Performance ratio if one doesn't already have the CX from last year.
Planning on bumping up the diagonal to 65" but one thing confuses me.
I heard that all C1 are the same and usually just differ in Backplate Color or Tuner (twin tuner, tripple tuner etc.)
But even if that were true, here in Germany the prizes range from 1.600€ to 2.100€ for a C1 with 65" but with different model numbers.
What gives? Are there other differences? Because I can't imagine that a black backplate instead of a white one and a tripple tuner vs single tuner creates a increase in cost of 25%.

Anyone more into this stuff that could help me out?
I'm also open for other suggestions if you people think other OLEDs are better, budget is 2k € give or take.

OmegaSupreme

advanced basic bitch
Great coincidence that this thread got bumped, I am probably going to retire my old 50" Samsung LED TV for a OLED one.
I have been eyeing the LG C1s now for a while as it seems they have best Price to Performance ratio if one doesn't already have the CX from last year.
Planning on bumping up the diagonal to 65" but one thing confuses me.
I heard that all C1 are the same and usually just differ in Backplate Color or Tuner (twin tuner, tripple tuner etc.)
But even if that were true, here in Germany the prizes range from 1.600€ to 2.100€ for a C1 with 65" but with different model numbers.
What gives? Are there other differences? Because I can't imagine that a black backplate instead of a white one and a tripple tuner vs single tuner creates a increase in cost of 25%.

Anyone more into this stuff that could help me out?
I'm also open for other suggestions if you people think other OLEDs are better, budget is 2k € give or take.
Motion handling is superior on the c1. The cinematic movement setting gets you higher motion resolution with almost no soe or artifacting. That was worth the price difference alone to me. I think it has better gaming features as well.

CuNi

Motion handling is superior on the c1. The cinematic movement setting gets you higher motion resolution with almost no soe or artifacting. That was worth the price difference alone to me. I think it has better gaming features as well.
I also only heard good about the C1 on here and from reviews, that's why I've been eyeing one, but I don't know why the big price difference between the same 65" model?

279lUum.png

SkylineRKR

Technician is coming in friday.

2 of my HDMI ports (port 1 and 3) are already dead. 5 months of usage, LG CX. I read more similar stories like mine. They just die, one of them even during broadcast. Its well within warranty but its rather shitty regardless.

Last edited:

HTK

Banned
LG CX 55" was/is my first OLED. Now, I'm anticipating the 42" OLED next year for my office. I'm a hybrid gamer between my PlayStation and PC, lately more on the PS5 since my PC hardware is lacking. If/when I can actually build a PC, I'm so spoiled with the OLED that I can't game on a gaming/esports type of monitors anymore. With these OLEDs you get that amazing picture quality but also performance of a eSports monitor give or take few milliseconds.

I love it and it has enhanced my gaming experience more than I though it would.

Moochi

My house burned down in March, but I got a new one now and an 83" c1 that I've yet to hang on the wall. Kinda scared to do it. I've never owned a TV this expensive and the frame is so thin I'm worried about lifting it...

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
My house burned down in March, but I got a new one now and an 83" c1 that I've yet to hang on the wall. Kinda scared to do it. I've never owned a TV this expensive and the frame is so thin I'm worried about lifting it...
Lift it with help.

I’m so done with lg Oled. They’re getting worse and worse with their QA. 48 inch A9S came on the 28th, had bad grid and vignette, took it back.

Not trying anything else until next year… lg needs competition badly. Qd Oled, Sony mini led maybe next year. Meh. Gaming on my good old x900e for foreseeable future ; no problem there as it’s a great tv.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I’m so done with lg Oled. They’re getting worse and worse with their QA. 48 inch A9S came on the 28th, had bad grid and vignette, took it back.

Not trying anything else until next year… lg needs competition badly. Qd Oled, Sony mini led maybe next year. Meh. Gaming on my good old x900e for foreseeable future ; no problem there as it’s a great tv.
Wtf. These issues go away after hours and pixel refreshes. Panel get more uniform for sure.
I agree on bad qc of bad and stuck pixels

TheKratos

To my brethren in the Netherlands, the 77inch A80J is now EUR 3299 (from EUR 3999) in various stores. Even cheaper than the 77inch C1. If you prefer better image quality/processing over gaming features, the A80J is for you.

Wtf. These issues go away after hours and pixel refreshes. Panel get more uniform for sure.
I agree on bad qc of bad and stuck pixels
No they don’t, not grid. And nothing ever fixes banding and vignette completely.

I make sure to run different content for hours and let it refresh; I also run manual refresh.

LG Oled is junk and not made to last. They have no competition.

If I got a good panel, then no doubt it’s the best. But sick of the lottery.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
No they don’t, not grid. And nothing ever fixes banding and vignette completely.

I make sure to run different content for hours and let it refresh; I also run manual refresh.

LG Oled is junk and not made to last. They have no competition.

If I got a good panel, then no doubt it’s the best. But sick of the lottery.
Vertical Banding and vignette for sure go away.... banding maybe not.
Grid? Not sure what that is now, that you repeat that.

I am very demanding when it comes to picture quality and these oleds are mind blowing. The only thing that annoys me a little bit is sometimes banding and bad/stuck pixels

Vertical Banding and vignette for sure go away.... banding maybe not.
Grid? Not sure what that is now, that you repeat that.

I am very demanding when it comes to picture quality and these oleds are mind blowing. The only thing that annoys me a little bit is sometimes banding and bad/stuck pixels
They get reduced, not eliminated. Banding is very visible in bright solid colors not just dark scenes. And almost all of the panels have it now since the QA got worse and worse.

Grid is this graph like pattern going across the entire screen. Most visible on bright colors. On this last one I instantly noticed it on start up screens for games. Lg does not give a shit and expects people to live with it.

LG needs their ass kicked. We need more than one supplier for self emissive displays. We have qd Oled next year and qned and emissive quantum dot coming later.

Also, the near black issues should be fixed with qd Oled since there’s no white sub pixel.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
They get reduced, not eliminated. Banding is very visible in bright solid colors not just dark scenes. And almost all of the panels have it now since the QA got worse and worse.

Grid is this graph like pattern going across the entire screen. Most visible on bright colors. On this last one I instantly noticed it on start up screens for games. Lg does not give a shit and expects people to live with it.

LG needs their ass kicked. We need more than one supplier for self emissive displays. We have qd Oled next year and qned and emissive quantum dot coming later.

Also, the near black issues should be fixed with qd Oled since there’s no white sub pixel.
I think the grid you are referring to is similar to that known OLED pattern.
Kinda looks like protective grainy film on shiity lcd but not as bad?

Woodchipper

Picking up my first OLED after work tomorrow (Finally got my hands on a PS5 today!) A Sony KD55A85. Very excited, as my current TV is from 2013, so it should be quite a step up.

Top Bottom