• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

zer0das

Banned
Hopefully i get a few gems come draft day, I have a few guys I know are leaving after this year because they hate Showalter LOL

I had this issue when I was playing the Royals (managed to sign Showalter after the first year). Everyone wanted extensions because we made a deep playoff run, but no one wanted to play for Showalter. He helped win so many 1 run games too. Had to boot him eventually because he was driving off like half the talent.

eznark

Banned
Can we have a later advance than usual tonight since it's the draft and with the buggy late advance last night?

I'm not advancing at all today. Next advance will be tomorrow. Give people time to get their shit in order.

Also, the advance will only be 1 day, so as to give you more time to negotiate with draft picks.

Rommel

Geez... Just get Corbin back from his UCL and after 3 rehab starts he's out another 4 months with shoulder inflammation

ryseing

My cobbled together rotation is starting to fall apart. I need a starter.

PM me if you have a decent guy with an awful contract- I'll take the financial hit if he's what I'm looking for.

eznark

Banned
I actually just want to see what happens. He'd be 91, does he unretire at that age? What would his contract demands be? Since he is dead in real life, does unretiring him do nothing? THE QUESTIONS

Well fuck it I'm not gonna exploit anything. I'm just gonna be making some NEWS

No but I really am so curious to see what'd happen...will a minority player ever sign with me again?!

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
If we ask the scout to do it freezes

You can set up a list manually. Then copy the list to paste it across all rounds. That way you can front-load the list to try and get whoever you can, and when it runs out your scout should just automatically handle it according to ez.

brentech

Made myself a little list. Will largely count on my scout, but few players I added to each round to make sure I got them if available.

I don't understand what I'm supposed to be doing with the draft. Do I add players to my watch list to better the chance that I'll draft them?

EDIT: NEVERMIND! I FOUND IT!

Sanjuro

We are asking a lot out of eznark. Guy has a family.

I say, we ask him to unretire Bo Jackson alone, and we all have a bidding war for greatness.

Are you guys positive that leaving your draft alone will default to head scout selections? My head scout is ranked excellent with amateurs, so I'm content to do that (outside the top of my board) since we can't really draft live if it's definitely going to work that way. Any source for that info would be appreciated. I'll look as well.

eznark

Banned
Are you guys positive that leaving your draft alone will default to head scout selections? My head scout is ranked excellent with amateurs, so I'm content to do that (outside the top of my board) since we can't really draft live if it's definitely going to work that way. Any source for that info would be appreciated. I'll look as well.

Confident enough that it's what I am doing

brentech

Yankees
Nationals
Cubs
Pirates

All haven't exported since the last update. Just a heads up in-case you wanted any input on your draft, which probably doesn't matter all that much.

Ferny

Yankees
Nationals
Cubs
Pirates

All haven't exported since the last update. Just a heads up in-case you wanted any input on your draft, which probably doesn't matter all that much.

Yeah, I won't be around until tomorrow. Traveling some today.

Top Bottom