• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

Rommel

In a playoff slot and even with the Pythagorean.

Milhouse-Simpsons.gif

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Woo, 9-1 in my last 10...but now Aoki's day to day with a hamstring, damnit. My scout keeps signing 1 star high schoolers from the Dominican as well.

Also Hudson and Lincecum are asking for extensions, lol.

KaYotiX

Banned
Back to work so I may miss a upload or so now, my streamer is messing up so I'll have to mess with it when I get home on Tuesday.

Having a blast though :)

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Desmond Jennings out for 6 weeks with a concussion. My OF is in shambles. Brandon Guyer is my best OF right now cause Souza is fucking garbage. Dude has like a week to get his shit together or hes hitting the bench.

James Loney crying about playing time. Sucks for him cause Ike Davis is already a god for me. MVP.

brentech

Set to bi-monthly which I assume was twice a month but maybe it's every other month. Internet says it can be either!

Based on the order of it on the list
Monthly
Bi-Monthly
Season Start and End

I have to guess it's every other month. Think we'll get one at the start of June

Rommel

Here are the improvements / fixes compared to version 16.3.16:
- Updated roster set (need to start new game for changes to apply)
- Player counter offers should now be acceptable deals to them
- Fixed performances of the day for all-star games
- Adjusted reputation calculation for coaches
- Adjusted budget calculations double counting cash. Adjusted budget calculations to tie closer to revenue.
- Fixed online leagues duplicating player shortlists on upload
- Fixed HOF text for closers (need to delete news\html\images\hof\*.png files from saved game folder to regenerate cards)
- Added batting GS stats to historical import for years starting in 1975
- Fixed several minor bugs + text issues

Final thoughts
The development team is now in complete recovery mode and take some time off. The next update is scheduled for late May, and with it 3D stadiums will get a great overhaul, we'll add custom lineups / depth charts, and we'll also continue to fix reported problems and tweak areas of the game where we feel some fine work is needed.

Cheers!
Markus

http://www.ootpdevelopments.com/boa...otp-16-patch-4-version-16-4-17-available.html

eznark

Banned
I totally missed this when setting up the league, I don't think it was an option before, but I see now you can do player overall ratings based on the 20 - 80 scale as opposed to stars.

I'm going to change it for consistencies sake. We're essentially using two different scales right now, which is dumb.

I'll also change scouting report updates to monthly.

Rommel

I totally missed this when setting up the league, I don't think it was an option before, but I see now you can do player overall ratings based on the 20 - 80 scale as opposed to stars.

I'm going to change it for consistencies sake. We're essentially using two different scales right now, which is dumb.

I'm a fan of this.

XiaNaphryz

Sounds good...I can cancel a few scouting jobs I requested by staff to do now if I'll be getting new ones anyway in a few weeks.

brentech

Update is up.
Went 4-3 this advance.

39 year old bullpen Atchison lost for 11-12 months due to torn rotator cuff.
#1 Bullpen ERA gonna need a small dose of new blood.

Trevor Bauer pitching his way to 7-0 on 9 games.

XiaNaphryz

Woot, 15-2 in my last 17 games, just 2 games back of the division now. Belt on a 20 game hitting streak!

BigAT

Trying to make sense of my team going 1-12 over their last 13 games, going from 4th in the power rankings to 26th in the span of two weeks.

I didn't know we got to vote for the All-Star Game, pretty cool. I tried to avoid looking at the names before I chose for the positions so I wasn't too biased :p

Trying to make sense of my team going 1-12 over their last 13 games, going from 4th in the power rankings to 26th in the span of two weeks.

Only 2 of those losses are by more than 4 runs, so your team has kept it close. The problem is you've score 0 or 1 runs 5 times, 2 runs 4 times, and 3 or more runs 3 times. You are 10th in the NL in runs, batting average, and on base percentage and Jay Bruce got hurt on the 16th which didn't help. I'm guessing you've been using Marlon Byrd as his replacement and Byrd has been awful. Maybe try platooning him with Brennan Boesch? Boesch has a little less power vs righties than Byrd but a slightly better eye.

Same here. It's crazy how much it swings.

Well its early season small sample size stuff. AT's road wins were against the Cubs, Brewers and Cards in April and now in may he's had to go on the road to Cleveland, KC and Colorado. Hmm, yeah I dunno, you're doing well in division games AT so that helps. Also your team has not been very good against lefties, so that might be something to adjust.

With my pathetic pitching staff, I'm stuck in "dreaming for the future" mode, but this was always going to be rebuilding time, so it's not really surprising or disappointing. Hopefully my farm system develops like it is supposed to.

brentech

Bunch of small injuries hit me this week.
3 guys out 5 days.
4th is out for 3-4 weeks.

The other I already mentioned, but he's out for a full 12 months and has had a replacement called up.

XiaNaphryz

Cliff Lee's been out all season and he's on the All-Star ballot but not Doug Fister? lolz

Also, Aoki should be on the LF ballot in place of Blanco who hasn't started most of the year.

Top Bottom