• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Thanks. Can't DL the file until tomorrow because of shite connection.

...I'm gonna kill my scout.

What you see on the league site are the OSA ratings, your scout ratings may end up being a lot different when you look in your league file in-game.

Oh shit, I really lucked out on my first 5 picks if my scout ratings are to be believed. I may have to spend a lot for this batch. The latter half of my draft all have crappy ratings and are listed as Impossible anyway, so they can take my crappy offers and go off to school.
Do you have all of your draft picks to make offers tor? I have like 8 in my window that I can negotiate with. I'm assuming my other ones automatically signed??

TheCrow

Love all 7 of my draft picks. Lowest potential was 63 and only one was impossible to sign. Luckily the scout recommended draft board doesn't bug out on me.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Not sure whats going on but I keep trying to download latest file and it says I have the most recent league file even the export shows a more recent file? Was there no updated file last night?

And welp. Drafted Brady Aiken. No way I can afford to sign him. Last time I ever listen to my damn scouting director to draft guys.

All the guys I drafted that I needed to negotiate with were all good rated guys that I queued. Which I'm assuming means I drafted well, or my scouting director is a dipshit.

eznark

Banned
Evan Marshall MVP? Good lord what the fuck. He has 42 innings already!

Rommel, do you have him set to "pitch more often" or something? That's lunacy.

eznark

Banned
Remember, your scout could also be wrong. But in my case, I offered my first round pick slot because my scout hates him. Guy wants $6m, he probably won't sign. Oh well, I'll take the comp pick.

TheCrow

I was able to generate a draft board with my scout's suggestion and even that had a bunch of 2 star potential prospects. I had to manually sort the first 50 or so players so they would be high potential players.

eznark

Banned
I was able to generate a draft board with my scout's suggestion and even that had a bunch of 2 star potential prospects. I had to manually sort the first 50 or so players so they would be high potential players.

How?

Also, are you guys still seeing stars for prospects? Should be 20-80

TheCrow

How?

Also, are you guys still seeing stars for prospects? Should be 20-80

There was a drop down option that made your scout set up a draft board. It crashed for some people but I didn't have any issues.

When I set up my draft board it was still on stars, its fine now though.

eznark

Banned
Hm, I thought it was crashing for everyone. Damn it! This is a serious competitive balance issue that must be investigated.

I'll need a list of the PC components of all participants to determine if any of you are using Performance Enhancing Desktop systems.

XiaNaphryz

Hm, I thought it was crashing for everyone. Damn it! This is a serious competitive balance issue that must be investigated.

Yeah, for some people apparently it worked for filling out some rounds but would crash at some point. For at least one or two people they were able to do their whole list. For most people would crash right away.

BigAT

I didn't even bother trying since everyone said it crashed for them. Probably should have given it a shot myself...

TheCrow

I did the first round myself and then just copied the scouts board for the rest. There weren't even that many 3 star and above prospects. Easily could've just added them all to the board and then copied and pasted it for all the rounds.

Rommel

I'll need a list of the PC components of all participants to determine if any of you are using Performance Enhancing Desktop systems.

lol!

It's weird... it let me set my draft list according to my scout (although I'm not sure how accurate it was because he was ranking guys high that he wasn't a huge fan of)

But when I tried to go back into the draft list after downloading it later it would crash on me everytime. Not sure what I did the first time.

XiaNaphryz

I did the first round myself and then just copied the scouts board for the rest. There weren't even that many 3 star and above prospects. Easily could've just added them all to the board and then copied and pasted it for all the rounds.

Pretty much what I did.

TheCrow

Yeah, only reason I didn't do it was because I thought it defaulted to your scout. Apparently it does not.

It still could've been based on your scout. My scout created board still had a bunch of 1 star players while 5 star players were not even on the board. There most be some other variable that causes him to rank lower potential players higher. Maybe due to positional needs.

eznark

Banned
It still could've been based on your scout. My scout created board still had a bunch of 1 star players while 5 star players were not even on the board. There most be some other variable that causes him to rank lower potential players higher. Maybe due to positional needs.

Don't think so. My scout hates Carson Fulmer and there were a lot of good college pitchers in the draft. Doesn't make sense he'd draft one demanding 3x slot who he hates with the 16th pick.

Only positive from Head Scout Ray Montgomery:

Always up for a good game of cards with teammates.

TheCrow

Don't think so. My scout hates Carson Fulmer and there were a lot of good college pitchers in the draft. Doesn't make sense he'd draft one demanding 3x slot who he hates with the 16th pick.

Only positive from Head Scout Ray Montgomery:

Thats what i'm saying though. My scout had players he hated higher than some players he liked. I had to make adjustments on my own.

I'm clean, I SWEAR! :p

BigAT

The signing pool money for draftees just comes from your regular budget, right? It's not a use it or lose it situation?

Basically, if I have a bunch of leftover money I shouldn't just blow it trying to sign guys that are asking for a lot.

TheCrow

The signing pool money for draftees just comes from your regular budget, right? It's not a use it or lose it situation?

Basically, if I have a bunch of leftover money I shouldn't just blow it trying to sign guys that are asking for a lot.

Correct. I believe the money came out of my "Money for Free Agents". Had over 30 mil before the draft and now only have 18.

TheCrow

Just noticed that I'm not negotiating with all my drafted players. I'm dumb. But at least I got some 77 potential SS in the 6th round.

Sanjuro

I got the scouting to work. My method was probably no different than blowing into an NES cartridge.

Took me about seven times. I would draft one round, see if I could access another page in the game, then go back and try the entire draft board.

brentech

The percent of progress is also completely wrong as it resets multiple times throughout.
I generated this league file last night on my desktop. Was able to download it to my notebook this morning without issue.

BigAT

Just give it time. My downloads take forever as well, I just start it up and come back in a little while.

Yup, I had the same thing last night where it seemingly locked at 12% for me multiple times, but I walked away for a few minutes instead of force quitting once and it was done when I got back.

The percent of progress is also completely wrong as it resets multiple times throughout.
I generated this league file last night on my desktop. Was able to download it to my notebook this morning without issue.

This is actually crashing the game though. Gets to 12% and after a few minutes the "this program has stopped responding" window pops up and shuts the game down.

XiaNaphryz

This is actually crashing the game though. Gets to 12% and after a few minutes the "this program has stopped responding" window pops up and shuts the game down.

You may have to delete the save files and redownload the files from scratch from the "League File Instructions" page. Worst case, you'll need to reinstall the game completely.

Try a reboot first though.

Top Bottom