• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

ryseing

I've been having the same issues the past couple days. I deleted everything and reinstalled it and it worked out fine.

Game looks like it locks up with a not responding when you download the latest patch sometimes but its still actually running so just wait if that happens.

That's what I'll do then. Thanks.

Though reinstalling the online league stuff is going to be a minor pain.

Would someone be my MVP and PM me the setup steps for the league? Trying to set it up on my tablet for a work trip coming up and I'm old and have forgotten how to get it running.

Thanks!

brentech

Got it... thank you.

EDIT: Actually, the .gz file link is broken as well. I should just be able to copy those files from my other computer, yeah? Going to give it a shot.

Link is only broken because he is currently uploading the update.
Updates of the league file copy right over the old league file. Not aware of any way around this. Would be nice to have the game hold the last day on the server as well.

tekumseh

a mass of phermones, hormones and adrenaline just waiting to explode
Don't download it yet, something weird happened with Brett Anderson and stopped the update.

He refused to go to the minors, so I DFA'ed him. He REALLY must not want to go to the minors or be released...

brentech

Spent a little time in GIMP creating a logo now on the gobl.obleague.com page.

CDeVVITUgAExA3B.png:large

Link is only broken because he is currently uploading the update.
Updates of the league file copy right over the old league file. Not aware of any way around this. Would be nice to have the game hold the last day on the server as well.

Ahhh I see. Thanks!

I went ahead and copied the league saved game file from my main computer to the tablet and everything works as it should (still have to test the ftp link once the file is up).

Thanks for the help all.

This looks like so much fun (quirks aside). I'm going to lurk this thread a lot. And maybe buy OOTP.

If you grew up playing baseball and really love the game from a numbers/stats standpoint, it's crack cocaine imo. I think we have a couple inactive teams. Pickup the game and flesh out the league.

And awesome work brentech! That turkey gonna peck that ball all the way to the triple crown! :p

Rommel

Players available for cash considerations:

Jeremy Hellickson (if you take Arroyo)
Cliff Pennington
Oliver Perez
Josh Collmenter

If you take the lot I will throw in a prospect to sweeten the deal. Thank you for your time.

Your Neighborhood Panhandler

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Reinstalled, updated the league file, still reading as the 7th for me.

Any troubleshooting help?

Try manually deleting the folder first. For some reason Steam didn't actually delete the folder where the league files were stored for me so I had to manually delete everything before trying to reinstall everything.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
If anyone has a relatively good young/cheap 2B up for trade I am interested. Will trade some SP for one, Matt Moore is the guy I'd like to move just to try to get salaries to work.

ryseing

Try manually deleting the folder first. For some reason Steam didn't actually delete the folder where the league files were stored for me so I had to manually delete everything before trying to reinstall everything.

Alrighty.

Restoring from a backup should be fine, yes? I don't want to have to redownload.

Wow... paid like he was playing all those positions at the same time.

I submitted an offer 1 year and $16 million less than the ask too.

Owner wanted it done and fan interest supposedly shot up strongly because of it.

All those Ike Davis dollars burning a hole in the pockets.

I'm not opposed to trading Altuve if anyone wants to make an offer. I doubt he's going to be on the next competitive Astros team.

Gattis still on the block. I thought I might be in the wild card hunt for a hot minute, but it's not to be.

If anyone has a relatively good young/cheap 2B up for trade I am interested. Will trade some SP for one, Matt Moore is the guy I'd like to move just to try to get salaries to work.

I'm open to offers for either Chris Taylor or Ketel Marte. Both are great defensive second base and short stop options. Looking for Starting Pitching and Center Field help.

brentech

Got visitors. If eznark hasn't started advance by the time that I can, I'll move forward to next Sunday so we can start advancing Sunday to Sunday again.

Anyone else get the same date as before again? or is it just me?

edit: fixed. Simple google search and I found the solution on their forums. For those of you that were having issues with your game not advancing, try erasing every file from the settings folder except accountsdata_commish.dat and accountsdata_gms.dat and attempt to download the league file, if you havent tried already. Fixed it right away for me.

Top Bottom