• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NeoGAF OOTP Baseball 2016 League: Because We All Know The Show Will be Broken

Sounds like what eznark just had to do at work.

I've played enough versions of this game to know that there is a certain amount of jank involved. I've gotten to the point that I just stash the latest installer in a folder on my computer to save having to download it every time I need to reinstall.

TheCrow

Advancing in an hour

Early advance!
goodjob.gif

eznark

Banned
Are we still doing 1 day advances until draft negotiations are done?

I wasn't planning on it. In the past it has never been an issue. Except for the "impossible" guys, there isn't generally a huge rush. And if you aren't willing to give the "impossible" guys like 10x slot then you may as well not bother.

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I wasn't planning on it. In the past it has never been an issue. Except for the "impossible" guys, there isn't generally a huge rush. And if you aren't willing to give the "impossible" guys like 10x slot then you may as well not bother.

Just couldn't remember if that was the plan or not is all.

eznark

Banned
Maybe I'll do three days at first just to make sure OOTP 16 didn't make big changes to the negotiations

ORIOLES
CUBS
DODGERS
MARLINS
PIRATES
RAYS
NATIONALS

If I don't hear from you I'll be advancing at 4.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Maybe I'll do three days at first just to make sure OOTP 16 didn't make big changes to the negotiations

ORIOLES
CUBS
DODGERS
MARLINS
PIRATES
RAYS
NATIONALS

If I don't hear from you I'll be advancing at 4.

Yeah sorry about that.

Having the same exact issues as Got the Shakes. My game file refused to update to the current date so I tried deleting the league file and redownloading that and now its stuck at downloading at 12%. Will reinstall the game later tonight completely if I can't get this to work right now.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
To be honest I'm a bit confused by the urgency. Its not like the deadline is this week to sign guys right? Also not sure where I can find the guys demands online. I guess if you can just offer all my guys slot for now so you can progress

eznark

Banned
Some guys have very low patience. you have three guys who are considered "impossible" and if you want to sign them you'd have to blow them away today probably.

SP Aiken (80): 8M
SP McKay (66): 2.2m
CL Berg (52): 240k
SP Hoeing (55): 650k
CF Hamilton (53): 350k
SP Watson (20): IMP
SP Moore (67): IMP
SS Anshaw (35): 2.4m
CF Hedman (21): IMP

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
Well considering I'm the Rays and already broke this season those guys are going to be nearly impossible for me to sign anyway. Stick to slot for everyone if thats feasible I guess.

Nightz

I had that stuck at 12% issue last night. Tried it a few times and my game would just hang. I thought I would have to reinstall everything in the morning, so I just left it running overnight to see if anything would happen. Got up this morning and the league file had downloaded fine.

I didn't think all those "Very Hard" to sign players would accept exactly what they were asking for. I shouldn't have increased my first round player's offer but I didn't want to fuck up and not sign him. I hope he ends up being worth it. Found out from Pete that these are actually real prospects so I ended up looking up their real scouting reports today.

I don't really know how development and all that works exactly yet but if they all being in the vicinity of their potential then I think I had a pretty decent draft. Got like 7-8 players that my scout loves and a few other players that could be good every day players. Got a lot of shit too though.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
June 7 is the current date right? Or is it supposed to a few days ahead of that? Reinstalled the whole thing and thats the most up to date roster available to me.

Its also not letting me negotiate with prospects either. Box is greyed out, I assume thats because eznark put in some offers already for me but I'm not entirely sure.

brentech

June 7 is the current date right? Or is it supposed to a few days ahead of that? Reinstalled the whole thing and thats the most up to date roster available to me.

Its also not letting me negotiate with prospects either. Box is greyed out, I assume thats because eznark put in some offers already for me but I'm not entirely sure.

At around 4, eznark uploaded, but it wasn't set to advanced. I reuploaded which finished at 6:18, so if you have downloaded since then, the date in game should be June 9th now.
If negotiate is greyed out, yes, they are thinking over your offer and you can't do anything else with them until they make a decision.

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
League website still says the 7th is the current date. Blah. Guess I'm going to have to reinstall the whole thing again if the 9th is the current date showing up for everyone else because it says the 7th for me.

XiaNaphryz

Guh...I have almost 70 players on my rookie league club now after a bunch of those draft picks signed. And I still have a bunch more to negotiate with. Time to cull.

Never invest in the food industry.

Also, watches.

Between him and Kazmir, it's been a real circus at the Coliseum. Next thing you know Mike Gallego will be caught up in some dolphin smuggling operation and Coco Crisp will slice a finger off guest starring at a deli.

Oh what the flying fuck, Billy Butler is out for 8 months too? Christ.

eznark

Banned
At around 4, eznark uploaded, but it wasn't set to advanced. I reuploaded which finished at 6:18, so if you have downloaded since then, the date in game should be June 9th now.
If negotiate is greyed out, yes, they are thinking over your offer and you can't do anything else with them until they make a decision.

Thanks brotha

KaYotiX

Banned
Yeah, only reason I didn't do it was because I thought it defaulted to your scout. Apparently it does not.
Sorry I missed the advance.... I Am at work atm. I'll be uploading tonight.

It worked for me as well.

My scout went hard on starting pitchers wow.

brentech

League website still says the 7th is the current date. Blah. Guess I'm going to have to reinstall the whole thing again if the 9th is the current date showing up for everyone else because it says the 7th for me.

The League website updates every day at 10pm eastern. So it won't show the new date until that time.

It is done this way because the choice is to:

Upload reports file-by-file, which makes the website update immediately, but also takes 5+ hours to upload.
The other option, the one we use, is to create reports archive and upload/extract manually. Instead of actually going onto CPanel and extracting it manually every night, I have created a cron job on the server that extracts it at 10pm each day.

So that's that!

XiaNaphryz

I ended up releasing a lot of my later draft picks. Just way too many players to cycle through playing time for my AZL Rookie club. Got the roster down to 29 players, gonna end up having to do some more trimming if I sign my remaining draft picks.

Guh...I have almost 70 players on my rookie league club now after a bunch of those draft picks signed. And I still have a bunch more to negotiate with. Time to cull.

I redistributed a lot of guys between my 3 rookie league clubs and my short A club. I still have more players than I can really play on these teams but I'm not quite ready to cull. I usually keep my lowest minor teams around 30ish players because of injuries. I also do weird things like use 6 man rotations.

XiaNaphryz

I redistributed a lot of guys between my 3 rookie league clubs and my short A club. I still have more players than I can really play on these teams but I'm not quite ready to cull. I usually keep my lowest minor teams around 30ish players because of injuries. I also do weird things like use 6 man rotations.

I only have 2 rookie league clubs, so I have to be more aggressive with the culling - one of them was already at 30 players, so I was around 100 players total just for the two rookie ball clubs. Wasn't difficult since most of the potential ratings for the later part of my draft picks are all garbage.

EDIT: My minor league coaches keep fucking around with positions and lineups not to my liking, time to micromanage everything. Stop making my high potential pitcher a reliever when he has the 2nd highest stamina on that staff!

darkside31337

Tomodachi wa Mahou
There's a reason I picked him first :).

Prince Fielder successor here we come.

In game date for me is still the 7th. Do I need to reinstall?

I've been having the same issues the past couple days. I deleted everything and reinstalled it and it worked out fine.

Game looks like it locks up with a not responding when you download the latest patch sometimes but its still actually running so just wait if that happens.

XiaNaphryz

Advancing 7 days in an hour.

If a draft pick agrees to a deal, they'll get put on the DFA list. Is there a chance they may get put on waivers if the deal happens at the start of the sim? I remember there being a few issues with that first big trade earlier.

eznark

Banned
If a draft pick agrees to a deal, they'll get put on the DFA list. Is there a chance they may get put on waivers if the deal happens at the start of the sim? I remember there being a few issues with that first big trade earlier.

I extended the number of waiver days, so it will not be a problem.

Top Bottom